| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help me accessorize: Dangly plugs, necklace, shoes, tights
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm going to a black tie wedding and wearing this dress http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/pl ... -you-dress

I have no idea what to wear with it!

Earrings: My ears are 0g and I was thinking I want some dangly earrings. I have seen a lot of stuff on etsy, but it's hard to wade through all that, so if someone has an etsy seller or another place they shop for these I'd love to know.

Shoes: I don't know what color shoes to wear. I've never worn heels, but I'm open to it, as long as they aren't very high.

Necklace: I don't own any jewelry, so I just have no clue what to wear. I'd like a necklace, but it's not totally necessary.

Tights/stockings: the wedding is in a few weeks, so some sort of leg covering is necessary, but what color? what would go best with this dress.

Any help will be super appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Help me accessorize: Dangly plugs, necklace, shoes, tigh
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can't help you because I'm accessory challenged, but cute dress!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:57 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Because of the neckline of the dress (which is beautiful!), I'd probably choose just earrings - if your hair is short or if you plan to wear it up a pair of danglies will be good as far as accessories. (Sorry, I don't have any good sources for you!)

Shoes: Because it's black tie, I'd choose black or silver shoes, maybe something with a little sparkle or shine (but really, whatever is comfortable).

Regarding stockings - I prefer nude pantyhose - but if you end up with black shoes you could probably also go with black tights.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:10 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Are the earrings special for your stretched lobes, or standard dangly earrings?
I'd either do no necklace, or a long one with a large pendant. Silver either way.
Shiny silver or black shoes, sparkles or no sparkles work. I think you can get away with flats!
Sheer black tights, plain or patterned if you're feeling fiesty! Target always has some nice choices in the Merona brand.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:10 am 

Thank you! No necklace definitely works for me!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:36 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i might look for black shoes in a velvety material. sometimes shine at both ends feels too matchy to me. that dress is gorgeous, by the way!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:50 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I think something like these would be pretty: http://www.etsy.com/listing/108001442/a ... lp=jewelry

I think black velvet shoes would be nice since the dress is already sparkly. I love that dress, and gorgeous color.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:20 am 

thanks guys! i like the idea of velvet shoes! i will look. and sheer black tights sounds good to me. purple and black are my fave anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:34 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ijustdiedinside wrote:
thanks guys! i like the idea of velvet shoes! i will look. and sheer black tights sounds good to me. purple and black are my fave anyway!

I also say black velvet is a winner for shoes, and black sheer for tights, but I'm thinking definitely pretty sheer, not too dark.

As far as earrings, I looked through easy, and these were the only ones that didn't look too cheap, and I think the bronze tones would be nice with plum.

These. Not quite as black tie as I was hoping to find but everything listed that had some glitz to it was pretty tacky.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:47 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh those are fantastic, Mars, especially with idji's hair!

I feel like everyone has different things they want to work with. I'd wear black sheer tights, and black heels that nearly blend in, because I am really short, so I like an illusion of a longer leg.

Are you looking at make-up as well idji?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:49 pm 

ooh mars, thank you! i love that etsy shop! they have all black leaf earrings and a bunch of other stuff that i think would work.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCreatorsCre ... d=12476641

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:51 pm 

I'm going to wear make up. i'm just going to watch some tutorials online, i guess. maybe a smokey eye? it's a saturday evening black tie, which i guess is about as fancy as it gets.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ijustdiedinside wrote:
ooh mars, thank you! i love that etsy shop! they have all black leaf earrings and a bunch of other stuff that i think would work.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCreatorsCre ... d=12476641

Oh yeah, I didn't think to look at her shop page, she's got some great stuff! OT; I kiiiiinda want to buy these.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 pm 

hehe, those are great! i hope i have a dress up christmas party to go to some day so i can wear christmas ball earrings!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Keep in mind that I'm a scandinavian architecture student, but I really think that you should go with black shoes and a black purse, no jewelry. The dress is shiny and sparkly and I think it would be too much to add more than a few black items. Maybe a ring if you really want to wear a piece of jewelry, but it is not necessary at all! And then I'd bring a black blazer to wear over the dress and opaque tights.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Another vote for sheer black tights or stockings. I agree no necklace but I'd consider a bracelet and/or a ring as well as the earrings.

Are you not used to wearing a lot of make up? I'd definitely recommend using a primer on your eyelids if you're doing smokey eyes. And get your o/h to keep a look out for any slippage or dust which you need to repair (bring some eye make up with you in case you need to touch up). So many times I've got home to see my make up smudged all over below my eyes and my o/h says 'sorry, I didn't notice'!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

smoothie wrote:
Keep in mind that I'm a scandinavian architecture student, but I really think that you should go with black shoes and a black purse, no jewelry. The dress is shiny and sparkly and I think it would be too much to add more than a few black items. Maybe a ring if you really want to wear a piece of jewelry, but it is not necessary at all! And then I'd bring a black blazer to wear over the dress and opaque tights.
Another vote for minimalism: matte black pumps, nude or very sheer black stockings, black purse, and simple diamond (or diamondy) stud earrings. Maybe a very thin, plain silver bracelet, but nothing else; let the beautiful dress do the talking.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:04 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

All good advice already. I just want to second smoothie's suggestion of a blazer and say you might want something to cover your arms; blazer, sweater, shrug, shawl...I'm always cold!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:20 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I think you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions made so far, but another idea that I think would work is nude tights with nude heels.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:32 pm 

Thanks everyone! i'm definitely going to wear a shawl. I lost my black blazer last year and have yet to find a suitable replacement.

I'm going to order these shoes. I like that they are pretty simple and the toe isn't too pointy.
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-heel ... lvet-black

This is what the Mod Cloth stylist suggested for the ensemble. I like it and if I had more money and more occasions to dress fancy, I'd probably buy the whole thing, but i'm better off going with black shoes because i might actually wear them again.

http://www.polyvore.com/plum_one_like_y ... =106511838

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:44 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think simple is better with that dress. There's too much going on in that Polyvore set for my taste. But I like wearing head to toe black mostly so I dunno.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 pm 
Dead by dawn

Desdemona wrote:
smoothie wrote:
Another vote for minimalism: matte black pumps, nude or very sheer black stockings, black purse, and simple diamond (or diamondy) stud earrings. Maybe a very thin, plain silver bracelet, but nothing else; let the beautiful dress do the talking.

It's a good thing Desdemona and I live on opposite sides of the country or we'd surely be turning up at fancy parties dressed exactly alike. (Surely. I mean, don't you go to fancy parties all the time?)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Ack, do not buy stretched ear jewelry made from clay! It's a porous material and it's really bad news for your ears. I don't think there's any way to properly sanitize it.

I love wood for hanging designs because it can be fairly affordable (some fancier ones are pricey), and it's really light. Here's what BAF has for hanging wood in 0g:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/products.as ... preorders=

Just make sure whatever you like doesn't have a bone/horn inlay or something.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

monkeytoes wrote:
Desdemona wrote:
smoothie wrote:

It's a good thing Desdemona and I live on opposite sides of the country or we'd surely be turning up at fancy parties dressed exactly alike. (Surely. I mean, don't you go to fancy parties all the time?)
But of course! In fact, I'm at one right now, but the dress code calls for fleecy sweatpants and an herbivore hoodie, accessorized with a dog and two cats. Très chic!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:30 pm 

Oh thanks mbm! I had no idea about clay. I've only ever had wood or stainless steel. Wood is my fave anyway. Thank you!