| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obligatory "OMG Christmas & other winter holidays!!!" Th
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:28 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Going to chop down our tree wuhoo!

It sounds so harsh saying "chop down" lol. But at least we found an organic tree farm!

Then some friends are coming over tonight for a little tree trimming party. Yay.

I also finally finished the outside lights last night. I found 2 more light sets in the basement. One was half broken but my husband managed to splice it and fixed it. Then I managed to use another half-working set on one bush so everything got covered and now it looks really nice. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
We started singing carols today, and Leela got so excited and sang the Falalala part of Deck The Halls. It was wonderful.

Hearing stuff like this makes me incredibly happy. Clearly, I went the right route by becoming a music teacher/music therapist.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I had a really christmassy afternoon! My friend always invites me to help her get a xmas tree for her parents' house, so today we went and got a tree and decorated it. We had on xmas music and made hot chocolate (her mom loves almond milk and I swear has about a dozen cartons of it at any given time!) and ate candy canes and decorated the tree. And we found christmas crackers when we were getting up the decorations from the basement, so we popped a couple and were wearing the crowns the whole time (her mom said "Nice hats! Did you go to Burger King?"). My friend's nana started dancing around the kitchen by herself and singing Feliz Navidad and it was so funny. I don't know if I'll be getting a xmas tree at home (because my mom and I usually get one, and she isn't supposed to use her arm right now, plus I'm sure Tegan would be tearing ornaments off the tree), so I'm glad I got to have at least one tree decorating this year!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I think the secret santa gifts I've got to give someone tomorrow are the worst presents I've ever bought anyone. I hope they don't find out it was me!

I got briefly excited earlier, because I'd found some really pretty gift-wrap, and was kind of okay with what I've got one of my other friends, and I found Christmas Pudding Wine in Marks and Spencers and it said it was vegan right on the bottle, but then I realised I didn't have any cards for people, so I really should make cards before tomorrow when we have our first Christmas get together, but I'm tired and it's cold so instead I'm sitting in my coat not doing that, and I think I'm just going to go to bed and buy cards early in the morning instead. Which I stupidly feel is cheating.

BUT I am really looking forward to dinner with friends, and sitting round the tree, and their proper wood fire. And looking forward to actual Christmas with my folks. My mum will play the piano and we'll sing carols and we'll eat nut roast in flaky pastry with all the trimmings, same as the last 30 years.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:08 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I think this is the most excited I've ever been for Christmas. My oldest daughter really gets it's and is so excited. We got started early and out our tree up on the 1st. I've been done with Christmas shopping since last weekend. We decorated the tree at my parents house today. Tomorrow we are taking the girls to get their pictures with Santa. Sunday my daughter got invited to make gingerbread houses with kids from preschool. I'm planning on making a ridiculous amount of cookies this weekend as well. Mostly I'm excited to not be pregnant this Christmas. Last year I went into preterm labor on Christmas and spent a few weeks in the hospital on bed rest and then a few months on strict bedrest at home. It was horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've been giddy since I got home from vacation and launched into full blown Christmas mode. I have my Christmas playlist, the tree is up (though only has lights so far), and I put lights on the outside of our house for the first time. I'm making my christmas lists so I can go shopping this weekend and get gifts/supplies for making gifts. AND we're going to see the Nutcracker on Saturday. I love this time of year soo much. I get mildly depressed when Christmas is over.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:53 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

nickvicious wrote:
Two words: "bah" and "humbug". I'll gladly drink cocoa, look at lights and watch Home Alone. I could do without the rest.

Yeah, this. But if I keep reading this thread maybe I'll absorb some of the PPK Christmas spirit!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My shopping is almost done, and I bought some awesome wrapping paper today! This weekend I'm going to work on some of the crafty presents- canning stuff and cross stitching. And I decided that I'm going to make salt dough ornaments with people's names stamped on the back, to use as gift tags. I was travelling over Christmas last year and I missed all this fun stuff, so I'm cramming as much festivity and joyous shiitake into this holiday season as humanly possible.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:27 am 
WELFARIST!

I love the holiday season in Cambridge when they've put the lights up. It always looks so pretty.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:44 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

We got our tree yesterday! Now the house smells like pine and it really feels like Christmas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:52 pm 

The over 5ft in diameter wreath I made for a nearby cafe. It's going to hang on this giant white wall they have. Super excited.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That's lovely Mars.

My mom put up wreaths yesterday, so the birds are pissed. Their favorite window is now half covered.

The macaw enjoys the decorations though, so I suppose he will deal. He goes googley eyed at the lights.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:23 pm 

Mars wrote:

The over 5ft in diameter wreath I made for a nearby cafe. It's going to hang on this giant white wall they have. Super excited.

This is beautiful! I wish you could make me a smaller version of this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Mars wrote:

Marty Robbins has Christmas music?! Everything rules.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't celebrate Hannukah . . . but these cats do!

http://www.care2.com/causes/8-cute-cats ... ukkah.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm 

Yeah those cats do! Happy Hanukkah, cats of the world!

OKAY SPACE TO POST THREAD, yer gettin' a bit grinchy!

I'm super stoked to give gifts this year! WOOT. For Jason I'm hand-drawing a calendar and writing the moon phases for every day. For D I'm embroidering a squirrel onto a tie. For BFF I've found some awesome stuff, a tiny teacup with a cardinal on it, a book from the 1950's about floral design with super cute illustrations in it, a tiny bottle made with rose colored glass... Probably do a drawing each for my mom and dad. For Zwingtip I'll probably text him a photo of my butt (don't ruin the surprise guys)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:52 pm 
Dead by dawn

Haha, yeah, I wanted to gloat about having my Christmas shopping done, but that thread is currently undergoing a grinch cycle. So I will gloat here! I still have one gift to acquire, but that's going to be easy. Since biker boy is not a big "stuff" person with the exception of really specific bike- or dive-related stuff that I don't know much about, I am getting him a straight razor shave/manly-man facial and a haircut at a swanky manly-man barbershop (think dark wood, whiskey, leather chairs... eew, but you know what I mean, right?) Kind of a masculine spa day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm 

monkeytoes wrote:
I am getting him a straight razor shave/manly-man facial and a haircut at a swanky manly-man barbershop (think dark wood, whiskey, leather chairs... eew, but you know what I mean, right?) Kind of a masculine spa day.

Now just videotape this and send me the footage and you have my x-mas gift all done! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:03 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I love shopping for my pets. They get more presents than anyone! And luckily I only have like 2 friends, so I don't have to spend tons of money on people gifts and can spend most of it on animal gifts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm 
Dead by dawn

Mars wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
I am getting him a straight razor shave/manly-man facial and a haircut at a swanky manly-man barbershop (think dark wood, whiskey, leather chairs... eew, but you know what I mean, right?) Kind of a masculine spa day.

Now just videotape this and send me the footage and you have my x-mas gift all done! ;)

lolz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I went to a beer festival over the weekend - the "Brew Ho Ho" and I got an awesome pic of me and a girlfriend of mine sitting on Santa's lap. He was a happy santa!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:02 am 

monkeytoes wrote:
Haha, yeah, I wanted to gloat about having my Christmas shopping done, but that thread is currently undergoing a grinch cycle. So I will gloat here! I still have one gift to acquire, but that's going to be easy.

Meee tooo!! I'm so damn proud of myself. I've never been this close to being done this early before! Just my boyfriend's mom left (well, and our cats, but that's going to be easy). I have a few left to wrap, but the purchasing is nearly complete. I love spending most of December not thinking about what I'm going to buy in a panic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have so little shopping to do this year, and it's great. Still waiting to hear what one of my friends wants. Another always just wants one of those visa or american express giftcards that you can use anywhere, and I can pick one of those up at any drugstore. Already got one present for my mom, and I'm alsogoing to donate to a charity in her name, because she loves that. Shopping is so easy and non-stressful this year!

And my mom said we can go get a tree this weekend, so I'm excited about that! It's the latest we've ever gotten a tree, but for a while I wasn't sure if we were going to get one at all, so I'm happy about it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next