| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: What reasonably-priced things are you too cheap to buy?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:01 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I need to cough up the $3 for a dustpan/brush. I sweep up the floor around the cat litter box every day using a full broom and the cracked, broken dustpan I have. It's cumbersome and annoying, and I would benefit greatly from the dustmop/brush set, but I'm too cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:04 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

jordanpattern wrote:
I need to cough up the $3 for a dustpan/brush. I sweep up the floor around the cat litter box every day using a full broom and the cracked, broken dustpan I have. It's cumbersome and annoying, and I would benefit greatly from the dustmop/brush set, but I'm too cheap.

If you're near an IKEA, they have a hand broom/dustpan combo for $1.99, I think. I got one and it works fine - and is cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:06 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Scooterdiva, I actually was at Ikea a few weeks ago and saw that and STILL didn't get it! I didn't want to spend the $2!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:25 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

jordanpattern wrote:
Scooterdiva, I actually was at Ikea a few weeks ago and saw that and STILL didn't get it! I didn't want to spend the $2!

I think Mo mentioned this for your mop problem also but, the dollar store!!! Your floors are worth it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:27 am 
Inflexitarian

Update: Today i was at a Target a saw a microplane and thought to myself, I should buy it, it's so inexpensive but I didn't like the quality so I decided to buy nail polish that cost 2x more than the microplane itself. I hang my head in shame.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:28 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I was too cheap to buy a space-heater, though my room is freezing in the morning when I wake up really early and we don't turn on the heat unless absolutely necessary. My roommate broke down and bought me one and it is the BEST THING IN THE WORLD. It has a remote control and looks like R2-D2. Plus it was only like $30 at Wal-Mart. I know, I know, Wal-Mart is evil, but I'm just going to have to say that I'd buy another in a second.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6