| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracfone, 60 minutes airtime for free. (no spam)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I bought 60 minutes calling credit for a tracfone, but couldn't get my tracfone reactivated.

If you have a tracfone and want the minutes:

- take the code and call 1-800-867-7183, choose option to add airtime.

- post here if you succesfully added the airtime to your phone so others know this offer/chance has been expired.

Airtime pincode 155 881 850 263 139

Post subject: Re: Tracfone, 60 minutes airtime for free. (no spam)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:15 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Another person who couldn't get a phone activated? I feel so much better now!

We have had TracFones in this family for almost 10 years now, and this past summer decided to upgrade mine to a camera phone, and found a nice one on sale in one of those chain appliance stores. When we tried to activate it after charging it up, a job that took me less than 5 minutes on-line the last time we replaced Tracfones, we kept getting error messages, so my husband called the hotline.

Over an hour and still not activated. In the meantime they said they transferred over the phone number and minutes from the phone we were replacing and added in the new minutes we got because a top-up was due. Now we have 2 phones that aren't working. They're sending a new SIM card.

Still can't activate it. Another phone call. Another sim card.

And another.

And another.

He gave up after 6 calls and 5 sim cards and bought a Virgin Mobile pre-paid phone. They wouldn't even transfer the time on that phone to our other TracFone, so we wasted not just the cost of the phone but the cost of those top-up minutes, too.

I've sent emails to the company and they went unanswered. I was asked to fill in a survey based on that phone number and I gave them poor marks for the phone but high marks to customer service, because each time we called those poor people spent at least an hour with us and they were getting as frustrated as we were. I checked off that yes, I want a follow-up response from the company. Never got one.

A few weeks ago it came time to top up that number again. Again we phoned customer service, explained that the phone has STILL not been activated, still doesn't work, so why are they threatening to turn it off when it's never been turned on yet? They sent another sim card that still won't activate. After that I got automated emails and phone calls telling me it's not too late to reactivate my phone. (sigh)

In the meantime, we've added time to my husband's old TracFone with no problem. He's in no rush to upgrade.

Thanks for the code, but his isn't due again until the last week of December and he already has more minutes than he'll ever use. I'm sure someone here will need to top up before his does.