| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Christmas on the PPK!! Come on in!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:14 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Merry christmas! The morning started off with the baby screaming when I offered him a present to open (not awesome), continued on with leftover quiche while listening to Bob Dylan on vinyl on mr bap's new record player (awesome), and then came the smoking blender followed by accidentally dumping the blender's contents into the sink (really not awesome - 14 oz of almond paste literally down the drain).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:35 am 
Saggy Butt

Merry Christmas, everybody! I just had coffee and a pumpkin muffin, and I am celebrating the fact that I've earned my pleather undies. WooHOO!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:35 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Bap! I hope the rest of the day gets put in the awesome pile.

Re: Grateful Dead, I absolutely love the song Uncle John's Band. Truckin' is also super well known, but Uncle John's Band has always been my favorite.

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm going to shower at some point and get to cooking. Chickpea cutlets, mushroom gravy, stuffing (whole foods mix), sweet potato casserole with dandies, maple baby carrots, and Brussels sprouts with cranberries and walnuts. Well, hopefully. Oh, and chai spice snickerdoodles. I made mama peas's cookie dough balls and vpits chocolate pudding pie yesterday. My contingency plan is pie for dinner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:39 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Pie for dinner! I was just thinking I should do that as well, since my mom sent me home with some leftover chocolate pudding pie she made for me this weekend.

I just ate two cranberry sweet rolls (also sent home with me by my mother, who is awesome) and drank a homemade instant mocha (recipe from Vegan Food Gifts) that had a candy cane melted into it.

Sugar/caffeine high!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:42 am 

Tofulish wrote:
We be toddler dance partying!

We just danced to this hilarious missive about the War on Christmas.

We're watching Brad Paisley on TV now. Wish Leela was here to dance!! Fun fact, Brad Paisley grew up one street over from where my mom lives now. His parents still live there. Dad worked with his dad at the WV Dept of Highways, and he came to my elementary school to play when I was in 5th grade. He gave Jimmy Misenhelder guitar lessons, so Jimmy got to play a song with him, making Jimmy super swoon-worthy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:48 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Merry X-mas everyones!

My partner and I are at my parents' house. Tomorrow we will have my dad's side of the family over for a traditional Christmas dinner. My mom and I have been in a build-up of planning, shopping and cooking for a few days now. Today is like the silence before the storm. We had a nice breakfast with vegan marzipan stollen I made and went for a walk on the beach and the dunes in the wind and rain. I made the PPK shiitake seitan roast and pre-prepared some mushroom gravy so we won't have to deal with that tomorrow. The omnis will have roasted ham, but I convinced my mom to make all the sides vegan. My aunts will bring pre-dinner fingerfoods and dessert, but I got/made some stuff for us to eat if they do not make it vegan friendly (which they most likely won't.)

Right now, my mom is in the kitchen cooking some kind of bean chili with pineapple and the rest of the family are sitting by the burning fireplace reading silently. I love my introverted family.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:59 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm actually enjoying my Christmas alone. I had a lovely long walk with the dog in the woods and enjoyed the fantastic view along the way. Then I spent 2 hours making dinner. It was bliss being able to enjoy a satisfying Christmas dinner.

Food for the day:
breakfast: tofu scramble (VWAV)
Dinner: stuffing (homemade), garlic shaved brussel sprouts, cranberry &cashew biryani, silky chickpea gravy (all AFR) and mashed potato.
Dessert: Berry Muffin (VB) heated up with sliced banana and homemade cacao peppermint ice-cream.
Snacks: Texas BBQ Pringles, Lotus biscuits, choices chocolate caramels.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:14 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Just spent an hour skyping with my mom and siblings!!
I also had some amaaaaaaazing thai green beans and my lovely rice..... mmmmmmmmmmm
now drinking lots and lots of iced tea and trying to finish a rug i've been working on- so i'm going off to find me either Emmet Otter or PeeWee!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm sitting here drinking Candy Cane Coffee, watching TV and playing on the interwebz. Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday, PPK!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I've never before spent Christmas solo. Just didn't feel like traveling or going to other people's parties this year. And I have to say, I'm kind of loving it. Just me and my pup cuddled up under a bunch of quilts. The plan is: drinking Christmas tea, going to go to yoga, bake a VEW bisteeya, watch movies, and drink wine. Happy holiday, all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:52 pm 

Happy Tuesday, everybody! PPK Skypechat is open all day, every day. Send me or booberthefraggle a friend request and tell us who you are to get in. (I don't actually know if boober's around today, but I am.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:56 pm 
WELFARIST!

choirqueer wrote:
Happy Tuesday, everybody! PPK Skypechat is open all day, every day. Send me or booberthefraggle a friend request and tell us who you are to get in. (I don't actually know if boober's around today, but I am.)

Shouldn't you be with your family on Christmas? Everyone should be with their family on Christmas! SO SAD! (kidding, of course)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 pm 

Mr. Shankly wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

Shouldn't you be with your family on Christmas? Everyone should be with their family on Christmas! SO SAD! (kidding, of course)

I decided to spend it with your mom instead :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:15 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Merry Christmas PPK!

we're having a pretty good day here. did family Xmas the other day so today is just me, my husband, the pups, and the peegs.
ive been fighting off a head cold so i slept til like 10 then we caught up opened a small pile of presents and tried to convince the dogs they liked the new toys we bought them.
then we took them for a long walk.

i wanted a white Xmas and it did snow here last night but maybe like a centimeter. my husband says i slept through my white Xmas, by the time i woke up most of it had melted :-/

after we got back from our walk i made the falafel sliders from Chloe's Kitchen.
holy crepe are they delicious! they were a big hit here. my husband is on his 3rd. i had 2 and WANT to eat more but i also feel really full.

my plan for the day is to sit on my asparagus and maybe play video games. i have to give the peegs some Xmas parsley and then later i will make the Vcon spicy peanut/eggplant soup.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:32 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We've mostly sat around eating all day. I spent so much time in the kitchen trying to finish up Mike's stocking stuffers that I suggested we just have leftovers and junk food for dinner, and he was happy with that! Woot! I'll make "Xmas" dinner tomorrow (it's still a holiday here). I'm not even hungry (well, I kinda want something savoury, but only because I've been eating sweets for the past few hours). Now I'm just waiting for the Dr Who Xmas special to be on iPlayer, and hopefully when I'm done with that, my family will be gathered and we can Skype!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Happy Holidays, PPK!

I enjoyed BRIE!! this morning from Artisan Vegan Cheeses. It turned out so great! It's a Christmas miracle! Also on the menu, huckleberry waffles for breakfast (w/frozen HB from what I picked this summer) with VB Italian sausages and fried potatoes. Yum!

Still in PJ's and drinking coffee with my honey who is home for a few weeks from his out-of-state job, planning when to go hike around w/the dogs, and ski with my new ($10 thrift store) downhill ski's and ($25) boots. Yay for Idaho thrift stores! Yay for a husband home for the holidays! Yay for dogs ripping apart their tennis balls, and cats rolling in their catnip!

Yay for Christmas coziness and special food! Christmas makes me goofily happy, and I will not be shamed by this. Yay!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:47 pm 

Tenacious LD wrote:
Happy Holidays, PPK!

I enjoyed BRIE!! this morning from Artisan Vegan Cheeses.

I'm making that right now! Mine is at the final refrigeration stage right now. The cashew cheese kinda tasted like butt though, so I hope it turns out better after this last step.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm just having a lazy day here for the rest of the day, and it's really nice. My plans involve sitting around, eating a lot of food, checking out the gifts I received, and watching the Doctor Who christmas special. I hope everyone else is having a nice day, too!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:48 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh man, I need that Artisan Vegan Cheeses book so badly! I don't even miss cheese, I just like seeing what's possible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:01 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i just watched Emmett Otter AND Rudolph. The family have appeared, so my peace and quiet (and clean house) is now a thing of the past!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Merry Christmas! Happy Solstice! Jolly Whatever! I need a nap.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Merry Christmas!! I'm spending the day watching Star Trek movies on Netflix and I have some Daiya havarti and crackers. And beer. Good times!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:32 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I don't know whether to have beer or wine. Decisions decisions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yet another thing I forgot to get in - alcohol. Dammit.

I just learned that my sister forgot her laptop, and no one else at the house has a webcam, so there'll be no Skyping with the fam. :( I wanted to see my wee nephew. I can always Skype with my sister another day, but still.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:28 pm 
Semen Strong