| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Job Rant
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:09 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

This rant is all a little bit moot because I only have one shift left at this stupid job before I move on to greener pastures, but... I really need to get it out.

So, I've been working at this bakery since May. The owner/manager and I do not get along for various reasons. Suffice to say that she is a very difficult person to work for. She openly discusses her bipolar disorder and various medications (unprofessional much?), which I suppose is why she is so incredibly grumpy most of the time, and when she isn't grumpy (like, end of the world, my life is so so horrible, can't handle all the stress type grumpy), she is so manic that it's difficult to be around her. But mostly, she's grumpy. I almost quit once this summer because I was talking about how happy it made me to see someone eating one of my muffins and really loving it and she completely blew up at me because I said that the muffin was 'mine' (I only meant that I baked it) and how insulting it was to have someone who only works there four hours a week to come in and start claiming things as 'theirs'. I mean, she really yelled at me for five full minutes, in front of all my coworkers over this thing.

Anyway, I came back, regardless of the fact that she sucks and ever since then, she has been openly hostile towards me. I finally found another job that would enable me to quit there without just saying, 'Hey, I quit because I hate you.' And ever since I told her, the hostility has, of course, gotten worse. She is never prepared for me to be there (I work one day a week, and bake very specific things, so...go to the forking store and have the ingredients, already!), and today was no different. I managed to spend almost an entire hour baking some blueberry muffins (the very same muffins that caused the blowup), and then she just...didn't want me to do anything else. This has happened before, where I will get done early and she will make me wash dishes for an hour (ugh, but whatever), but today she just told me to 'tidy up'. I had 3 hours left on my shift, and the place isn't big. Also, since I'm only there one day a week, I really don't know where anything goes that isn't directly related to what I'm baking, and it would be annoying to everyone if I just walked around for 3 hours asking where things go. I suggested a couple different types of cookies I could bake instead, and she just sighed and didn't say anything.

So I told her I was just going to go home if she didn't have anything specific she wanted me to do. She got all pissed and said in this really sarcastic and mean voice, 'Fine! Leave! If you don't have anything to bake, you don't want to do anything at all!' Well, yeah. That's true. You hired me to do this very specific thing (vegan baking), yet you never are prepared for me to do that job when I get there, and when I make suggestions as to something I could do that is within the parameters of my job, you won't let me do them either. Quit being so disorganized and just let me do what I'm here to do instead of giving me some bullshiitake busywork that is just wasting both of our time!

Thank goodness I just have one shift left. I bet it is going to be the most uncomfortable four hours of my life, and it will be because she makes it that way, on purpose, because she hates me. Good riddance, terrible job that could have been awesome if the business was run by someone else!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post subject: Re: Job Rant
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Wow, that sounds laughably bad. I'm happy for you that you get to escape soon!

Post subject: Re: Job Rant
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:21 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yes, I eagerly await the day when I get to laugh about it because it was a ridiculous thing that happened to me in the past!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.