| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NYE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I will probably be in bed by 10:00. But I can celebrate with the east coast, I guess. Woo! Sitting on the couch!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

i've had some nice new years eves. unfortunately this was not one of them. i just got back from visiting my family for the holidays, wishing i'd been able to spend more time there, and this afternoon our friend (whom we kindasorta had plans with) decides that he doesn't want to come up to our place after all. none of our other local friends were able to spend the evening with us, so at about 7 we decide to visit Mr Ketchup's parents. still ended up being quite a disappointing night, but at least i now have a cute sleepy kitty on my lap.

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've spent the evening finishing knitting a scarf and watching lots of MI-5/Spooks on netflix. I had forgotten today was New Year's Eve and now I'm too lazy to go buy any booze and honestly I'll be going to bed here in half an hour since I have to work tomorrow (about which I'm irrationally irritated.) Maybe I'm just irritated all around and the fact that it's a semi holiday is just making that really obvious. Is it too late for a bah humbug?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I slept through it because I am a terribly cool twenty-something.

We spent Christmas in our hometown and had planned to stay for New Year's Eve, but then we remembered that we don't care about it and didn't want to drive 15 hours to get home on New Year's Day. So we drove back over the last two days, which meant getting up at 4:30am yesterday. I made chickpea piccata last night and we drank some of the leftover wine, and we'd planned to watch a movie but sleep just sounded like it would be a much more enjoyable use of our time so we did that instead. No regrets!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Around the noon I visited a recycling station and got rid of some sorted waste (we have to bring it to the recycling station ourselves). Then I slept. 20 minutes before midnight I started making Cosmos Apple Pie. It took really long so I ate it at 3:30.

It's very noisy here from firecrackers (and I suspect gunshots) so I never manage to sleep through it.

I agree with her: http://uriupina.com/funny-cute/why-hate-new-year-eve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

At least you had pie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:03 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Hubby is watching how-to pennywhistle videos on YouTube. I'm writing blog posts and stuff and thinking it's already midnight somewhere in the world and who cares if it's 9:03 I'll just go to bed because I'm an old lady.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:07 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly doesn't like champagne (I authorized a wee beakfull) She made the funniest face when the bubbles hit her tongue. This is pretty funny considering how hard she plots to get into anyone's wine or beer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:18 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I've always thought New Years was overrated and not cared much about it either way. Unfortunately, this one was awful, and the person who made it awful can't be out of my life for another month. I can't look forward to a clean start until that happens, so this bad year extends to February for me.

I did have a couple of friends call to check in tonight, which I appreciated so much both for their general awesomeness and because this isn't the best night to be crying on the phone to people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 am 
Not NOT A Furry

starrynight87 wrote:
At least you had pie.

Yes! It just took long to make, bake, and cool so that it's sliceable. An exercise in patience.

I'm under the impression that most people believe that a new number in the calendar is going to change everything (or something) by itself, and for the better.

ETA: I'm so sorry, doncherryfan!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

There's nothing interesting going on on the internet because everyone else has a life. Bah humbug.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:36 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

We were going to hang out and drink champagne, but my boyfriend woke up with flu symptoms, so I've gotten a sleeping sick boy in my lap, Doctor Who on the telly, and the PPK on my phone.

Earlier my roommate and I partook of tea and Jammie dodgers and finally watched the Who Christmas special.

I do wish I had champagne. Or something. I'm really bored...boyfriend is only at Martha, and I freaking hate that season.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeah, gotta say, champagne improves things significantly. Nobody else is drinking any, so I'm planning a nasty hangover for tomorrow. Which, for me, means I wake up alert, disgustingly cheerful, and wanting pancakes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'd LOVE to wake up that way at least once in my life. I needs me some of this champagne.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:45 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I don't get that carbonated wine...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

rhelune wrote:
I don't get that carbonated wine...

I like champagne but I hatehatehate wine. The carbonation is nice, and it's a really light, more flavored soda like taste.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just read this and I'm dying of laughter. Like, I can't breathe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Starrynight, I just laughed so hard I woke my boyfriend up! Mcdonkadonk!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:56 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

starrynight87 wrote:
I just read this and I'm dying of laughter. Like, I can't breathe.

Happy birthday dead husband!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:34 am 
Impressive boner

My sister came over and we were very silly whilst watching The Wolfman and Ghostbuster, drinking wine and White Russians and eating two types of pizza. My head hurts today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:34 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I worked, and people came in at 10:30 and stayed forever, so I didn't get to leave until 11:45, by which time I was not in the mood to go change into a dress and go to my friend's party for 5 minutes, just to go home and go to bed, because yay, I have to be at work again this morning. I'm late, by the way. Guess I should leave the house.

But seriously, guys, waiting tables is THE WORST. Working anywhere on a holiday sucks, I'm sure. But watching other people have fun while you're stuck answering to their every whim while they keep saying how awful it is that you have to work on a holiday is just...soul crushing in a sad kind of way.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:12 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I worked til 5, picked up a bottle of Nyquil on the way home, and was a passed out, snoring, drooling mess by 8 pm.
It. Was. Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:08 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

normally we dont go much on NYE. i usually make snacks and we hang around and do nothing.
this year we actually went and hung out with some friends.

it was fun but i was in a lot of pain all night cause i threw my back out earlier in the day by coughing.

the evening was good until right around midnight when all shiitake went to hell when politics come up.
i have a policy not to argue with people who have the complete oppposite beliefs as me because i dont feel it does anyone any good. im not going to change my mind, they're not going to change their mind, etc. so i sat there while one of our friends ranted and raved about taxes and the fiscal cliff. what i got out of it was rich people should pay less taxes because they use less social programs and poor people should pay more taxes because they are giant sucubus' on the system and it's a huge priviliedge to be poor.

this was actually said. at one point i broke my silence and i said "gee it sounds like you think it's a big priviledge to be poor" to which he replied "IT IS!!!!"

my husband tried to argue a bit with his crazy ranting but it only made him yell louder and make even less sense.

then the topic moved to guns and basically guns had nothing to do with the CT shooting and we should all be able to own grenade launchers and bazookas if we want.

all the while im sending my husband texts messages saying "home now" and "my back is forking killing me" and tugging on his sleeve.

THEN on the way home we passed this dude in a long black trenchcoat walking in the road whom i dont know how he hadnt gotten run over yet since it was pitch black out and he was hitch hiking. we passed him and he flipped us off for not picking him up.
HAHAHAHHHA HAPPY forking NEW YEAR.

but seriously the evening was good other than the dire pain and end of night crazy ranting. the bundt cake and artichoke dip i made was amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:11 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh! and i got called a "cunty liberal" i hate the "c" word!
well technically someone said something about "cunty liberals.......sorry Lisa" :-P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:12 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

there's no auto-change for that word?

im surprised!

croissanty?
custard?