| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NYE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've felt hungover ALL DAY. I didn't even drink last night. Are hangovers contagious? Maybe it's a sympathy hangover.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:10 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Starrynight, being dehydrated, eating too much junk food, breathing in too much second hand smoke, and being sleep deprived can all make me feel hung over when I haven't had a drop of alcohol. Maybe you are "hung over" from any of those.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 pm 
Dead by dawn

Last year biker boy and I stayed in, toasted with champagne at 9pm when the ball dropped in New York, then went to bed. This year we met a bunch of friends at a new bar in my neighborhood (a Canadian hockey bar!) and had dinner (clearly marked vegan stuff on the menu including two vegan gravies for poutine!) and then walked back to my place for games and cocktails and stuff. I don't even know how late we were up... biker boy said 2:something. I am exhausted and hung over today, but we had a lot of fun and no one had to drive (woke up with four extra people in my house) and the dog was in heaven with a bunch of new friends.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 am 
Shopped till she dropped

MToes, where is this magical bar? We have indefinite plans to visit Seattle this spring, and I want poutine! I haven't found a vegan version in Chicago, and I'm too lazy to make it.

Anyway.

I worked yesterday and it was a mess and a half. So busy. We closed at 8, but we did something like 50% of our sales in Specialty after 3 and broke a single day record for our store. I was so glad I got to leave at 4. Went home. Took a nap. Dressed up in something ridiculous (shorts! tights! tiger shirt! blazer! boots!). Fred and I went to this crazy Bill Nye the Science Guy themed house party: giant Bill Nye poster! Science posters everywhere! People dressed in lab coats and safety goggles! A giant periodic table on the walls! A projector playing episodes from the show! Best NYE theme ever! Some of his DJ friends were playing so the music was awesome. We danced all night (rare for us) and drank 2 bottles of bubbly between us. Judging from how I felt this morning (still drunk), I'd say I drank more than he did. It was one of the best NYEs I've ever had. Even though I puked when we got home.

Today was rough. Don't ever take a ginormous vitamin on an already queasy stomach. You will want to vomit. I can't believe I didn't.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:55 am 
Dead by dawn

kara kara wrote:
MToes, where is this magical bar? We have indefinite plans to visit Seattle this spring, and I want poutine! I haven't found a vegan version in Chicago, and I'm too lazy to make it.

It's called The Angry Beaver and it's in Greenwood. They have curry gravy and mushroom gravy, daiya, vegenaise and a vegan burger patty. It wasn't the greatest food ever, but tasty and I always appreciate seeing the word vegan on a menu!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Bill Nye themed party sounds AWESOME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I actually love NYE. Usually, I have a good time. This year, my partner got a gig up north, we flew up, stayed with friends in this really great house, the party was awesome.

But, I was terribly sick. Showed up at the club an immediatly started puking. Came out of NOWHERE. It was really embarassing....people probably though I was wasted. But no, just sick. Felt bad for my partner, so I went to take a nap in the car before his set, and THIS HAPPENED like 4 blocks from where I was. I could hear screaming and sirens, and helicopters. Pretty scary.

Luckily, I started feeling better at about 11:48pm. My partners set was really good. He played at the after party too, and made a lot of new fans. Unfortunatly, we were staying at the house where the after party was.....they were still going hard when we left at 330pm (YES PM) the next day! haha. So no sleep for me. I said fork it, and partied sober with everyone all night. Slept for like an hour, got up, and went back downstairs to dance at 10am.

I felt super old. Sitting at the bar drinking hot tea. Then eating soup at the after party (which was a RAGER)

All in all it was ok. I just wish I had not been sick. It was very successful for my fiance though, with his music and stuff. He even came back with 2 new CDJ's that he bought for a really really good price! Also, I made a lot of new friends. I just wish they didn't all live like 8 hours away.