| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can We Bring Back The Dream Interpretation Thread?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:12 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Because I had a damn freaky one.

Quote:
I was a younger version of me - 6-10? ish? I dunno. Sometimes in the dream I was comically chubby, and sometimes I was very thin. And sometimes I was an older me - say, 26 or so. Younger Me decided to run away from home for some reason. Felt he wasn't welcome there or somesuch. Older Me needed a place to stay for a while. Both Me's ended up staying at the same house, and forked. It was more than a little foggy who seduced who, but at least Younger Me was the thin version.
Post coitus, Older Me decided to move on, while Younger Me decided to go home. I was fat again, but also just wearing underwear, so I put on pants before going inside.

My dream-Mom was sitting on the bed with a stomach ache. She tried to throw up whatever was inside her, but it was a giant insect, and she couldn't get it completely out. She swallowed an entire blanket, and then I convinced a bunch of friends to crawl down her gullet and fix whatever was keeping her from getting it out. She threw up into the ocean - the bug, glass bottles and shards of glass, live dolphins, and the heads of the friends. I knew what was going to happen to them before I asked them to crawl down.

Then I was on a ship, getting ready to go back to shore. I'd packed, but had forgotten to pack a bunch of stuff and had to do so at the last minute. Then I forgot the luggage itself at the boat yard. It had some sort of contraband in it, and then I couldn't retrieve it.

So. Yeah.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Can We Bring Back The Dream Interpretation Thread?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:08 am 
Chip Strong

I have no idea, but that tops anything my brain came up with while pregnant with my first, and that's pretty impressive.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Well, this is beyond my abilities for interpretation. It is however super awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:51 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I dreamed that my earlobes fell off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:56 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My Non-Professional total-wild-guess interpretation:

-Reliving some childhood shame around body image and sexuality
-Maybe a combo of guilt and also a bit of disgust/hatred for a parental figure
-Worry regarding forgetfulness/preparedness

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 pm 
Semen Strong

I dreamed that I had inherited money and property with my siblings. 1 other girl and 2 brothers. I had Leela and told my siblings that I didn't want any trouble, just leave me and L out of it and take whatever they wanted. My brother said he couldn't do that, and he was hunting me trying to kill me and L, so I found a safe house and hid out in it, only to find out that my sister was in the room next to me. I gathered up my kidlet and all our stuff and was trying to sneak out, only to run into my brother, so I shot him and there was blood everywhere. Then I saw my other brother, who was my real life husband, and he said he'd agree to take the inheritance and not bother me if I just disappeared. So I went back up to grab stuff and was terrified he was going to murder me and Leela, and I had to sneak into the room next to my sister who was also still trying to kill us. I got down the stairs and saw the brother killing the sister - there was blood everywhere and he was beating her to death. I escaped, but was caught 16 years later and was in court and I explained to the judge that I just wanted L to grow up in safety and that was why I had fled when she was a baby instead of reporting the murders.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

^^^ no idea except that you're probably very protective of your daughter. maybe you feel like members of your family aren't the best for her to be around? or maybe they just aren't reliable in some way?

i'm in a stressful work situation right now and the little i actually was able to sleep, i dreamed that the woman i'm working for was molesting me.... yeah, i didn't sleep too much.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:55 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Last nights dream is playing on my mind. I had 3 kids in it. A baby girl who must have only been a few weeks old who I was carrying in a sling, a toddler just under 2 that was in a buggy (a boy) and a 4 year old girl that had curly hair and acted older than she was. I had the 3 of them with me when I went to go to my own vegan cafe to have lunch and check how things were going while I was on maternity leave. There was a new worker there so I was making sure that she was getting on alright. While I was eating the 2 year old tried to run off and I was petrified he would get knocked over. I managed to catch up with him while still holding onto the baby with the help of the 4 year old. Then I was disgusted at myself because the boy had the same name as the guy who stalked me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

daisychain wrote:
Last nights dream is playing on my mind. I had 3 kids in it. A baby girl who must have only been a few weeks old who I was carrying in a sling, a toddler just under 2 that was in a buggy (a boy) and a 4 year old girl that had curly hair and acted older than she was. I had the 3 of them with me when I went to go to my own vegan cafe to have lunch and check how things were going while I was on maternity leave. There was a new worker there so I was making sure that she was getting on alright. While I was eating the 2 year old tried to run off and I was petrified he would get knocked over. I managed to catch up with him while still holding onto the baby with the help of the 4 year old. Then I was disgusted at myself because the boy had the same name as the guy who stalked me.

Apparently "To save a child in your dream signifies your attempts to save a part of yourself from being destroyed. If you dream that you are separated from your children, then it symbolizes failure in some personal endeavor or a setback in some ideal you had."

The name part is a little less clear - Stalking dreams are supposed to bring up issues regarding persisting problems or prevailing difficulties. So it could be you're still dealing with the imapct of your stalker?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh I definitely am. I've had to be transferred to another service 40miles away from where I had been working because of him. It has had a massive impact on my mental health. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I had the weirdest dream last night! My dreams are always super vivid, but this one was the kind you can't shake in the morning. Here is a paraphrased version.

I was on some kind of trip with college friends (who IRL I haven't seen or talked to since college), and we were biking. At some point, I'm a nurse, but I'm off-duty, so I hide in the lounge. Then we bike back to IKEA, which is apparently our original meet-up location to start the trip, but now our trip is done. So we return as a group, but it's kind of like when you get off an international ferry - you have to go through customs before you're done, so you can often see whoever's waiting for you on the other side of the glass or whatever. So I see my boyfriend on the other side, and for half a moment, I realize I'm dreaming, because this is a guy I used to know in elementary school, and haven't seen in probably 10 years. Anyway, I'm back to dreaming, and we lock eyes, and we are so happy to see each other, but I just wave and smile, because I have to track down my bag and car. So I find those things (and during this time, we're in an underground IKEA parking lot that's snowy and icy). I finally get to go back and see him, and I'm walking toward him, and kind of watching my step because of the ice, and I look up and he looks over, and BAM. We are so happy, super in love, and we hug for a long time. The look he gave me was the kind where you know you are incredibly loved and desired. The feeling was so intense - then my alarm went off and I woke up. Next to my partner. And baby. Whaaaaaaaaat? I have no idea what this dream is all about.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've been having a lot of pregnancy dreams.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I had a dream that I was a host of a morning tv show, along with two other women. There was a segment on the show where we were served food, and we had to describe how delicious it was to the audience. I was terrified that I would get stuck with a plate of lettuce or a plain baked potato and the audience would think, "I knew it! Vegan diets ARE boring!" But I was served some kind of miso noodle thing and it was pretty good. I just remember being so relieved that it wasn't lettuce!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

My dreams are 75% toilet anxiety (toilet is overflowing! and i'm on a moving train! i'm pooping on stage!) and maybe 25% my-teeth-just-fell-out. Gets boring after a while.
Oddly, the dream interpretation books don't have much to contribute about what it really means when I dream that I'm desperately seeking a toilet in a feedlot, or have just had the world's biggest crepe and somehow it didn't get in the bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

this B6 is messing with my brain. (i started taking melatonin that also has B6 to help me manufacture my own. it's 500% DV and i even cut them in half. i think i'll have to start taking them every other day or less.)

so, i have no idea why, but i was shooting sharpened dowels at a giant pit bull. he didn't even act angry. not even after i started shooting him. (and the "bow" was just a single-serving sized potato chip bag folded in half. WTH?) 2 went into his head, and he even came up to cuddle while he whined in pain.

:-(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I've been dreaming of my ex lately. In the most recent one, I was wading through some kind of psychedelic haze and trying to get to her as she was trying to get to me. We both expressed feelings of missing the other person. In another dream that preceded that one, I went to a reststop with my current boyfriend in tow, and on my way to the bathroom, she was there with her relatives in the bathroom. It was awkward, and she gave me looks, eventually one that looked like she wanted to talk, and I explained that I was now with my current boyfriend; there wasn't a way for me to change me decision.

Those are some of the dreams that have been giving me the worst emotional experiences. I wake up confused after each and wondering what it could mean at all.

What does it mean if you dream of marrying someone you're friends with?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i decided to research my poop dreams and the first thing that came up made me laugh til i thought i would barf. i must share.
Quote:
A good guess, with many dreams of defecation, is that you are eliminating something that needs to come out of your body or your life. To “take a dump”, in a dream, may be to dump what you need to let go. When your feelings tell you that such dreams are positive, they may indicate effective cleansing and releasing, perhaps a return to good health. A bowel movement, in a dream, may herald or accompany a move beyond a blocked or stuck situation. We sometimes say, “I’m feeling constipated” as a metaphor for the sense that things just aren’t coming out of coming through as they should do.
The “Mother of All Poop Dreams” involving elimination (as the dreamer herself titled it) comes from Janice, who dreamed she was with beloved departed family members when
I
excuse myself to use the ladies room. When I finish I look in the bowl
and see not only the biggest poop I have ever seen — but also a poop of
such nature I have never seen before. I call my mother in to show
her and there it is: Within the poop is another poop that seems to
be alive — sort of growling or grunting and moving. I am not afraid, but
absolutely I don’t know what to say or think – I am more or less
standing there wideeyed trying to figure out what exactly it is.
I
didn’t like this growling poop within poop, but thankfully it is out of me and
in the bowl. I wake feeling shocked – but also released.

A common variant of the poop dream is one in which we need to go but find ourselves doing it in public. Sometimes this reflects a need for privacy in the dreamer’s life. Sometimes it’s more about whether and when it’s okay to “let it go” in front of others. Guidance on that may come from the reactions of others inside the dream. If other people in the dream don’t seem to notice or mind, that may be telling you it’s okay to let it all out. Let’s remember that in some cultures, going in public was normal bathroom procedure, as witness the picture of a Roman communal toilet from Ostia.

This dream theme has been actively discussed for as long as people have been dreaming and needing to go. Some of the best pages in the most famous dream book of the ancient world, the Oneirocritica (“Interpretation of Dreams”) by Artemidorus, are devoted to ????? (the Greek word for shiitake, from which we derive the term “scatological”). Though I am no fan of dream dictionaries, I have a soft spot for Artemidorus, because he was always careful to note that similar dreams mean very different things according to the varied circumstances of the dreamer, and he checked on incidents that followed a particular dream.
If you see a lot of human shiitake in a public place, according to Artemidorus, you won’t be able to accomplish anything there. In general, it doesn’t bode well if someone is shitting on your head. But that depends. “I know of a man who dreamed that a rich friend was defecating over his head. That man received a fortune and was named the heir of his friend.” On the other hand, a man who dreamed he was “befouled with dung by a poor acquaintance” later suffered great damage from the person who shat on him in the dream.
Defecating while in bed is not a good thing in a dream, says Artemidorus; it could mean you’ll be bedridden. It could also mean that your relations with a spouse or partner are in trouble, since the bad has been defiled. On the other hand to defecate copiously while seated on a toilet means “good luck for all men”, including “the alleviation of many cares and all distress. For the body is lightest after it has relieved itself.” It’s also a happy event when you dream you relieve yourself this way at a place in nature, on a road or in a river. Watch out, however, if you dream you are pooping in a temple, a place of commerce, or a public street.

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/dreamgates/20 ... z2ITYcFh9D

snort, snort, snort, bellyache!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i'm offended by the classism in that dream interpretation. we should all hope to get shat upon by the rich, but Lard help you if a poor person drops a deuce on you, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Does dreaming that you are suddenly back in grade school mean anything? I have a dream at least once a month that I am back in my old school with all the kids I went to school with when I was around 10-12. The teacher gives us an assignment to do, and we all buckle down and start doing it, but something feels off to me. After a few minutes I remember that I graduated from that school and then went on to graduate from high school. I turn to my friend sitting next to me and say, "Why are we here? We don't have to do this. We're done with school!" and my friend just shushes me and goes back to her work. I spend several minutes trying to convince the rest of the class that we should just leave, but no one listens to me, and they start getting annoyed ("The teacher will hear us and we'll get in trouble!"), so eventually I just walk out on my own. As soon as I walk out of the door, I wake up.

I have been having this dream for years, and it is the exact same every time. I always get so frustrated that the other students won't listen to me, and just go on doing their work. Maybe if I figure out what it means, I can stop having this stupid dream.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

hahaha! it's not the ppk without poop dream interpretation!!

i have a funny one that happened the other night:
i was at Disney world. my OBGYN was there too and he had this section that was a field full of alpacas. his patients were riding them and the alpacas started fighting each other. and i was like, this is all kinds of wrong. these lamas-- i mean alpacas!-- (i kept getting them confused) shouldn't be ridden and allowed to fight!!

so next to the alpaca field, there was a roller skating rink and i went over there and was skating around in circles and saw my mom there, so i told her about the alpaca injustice, but she wouldn't listen.

i left the roller skating rink and saw my sister-- it was actually a young woman who didn't look at all like my sister-- and i went to an upstairs area and started yelling at her w/ all my furry about what was going on w/ the alpacas (except i kept accidentally saying lamas and got more frustrated when i had to correct myself). because there was such commotion, the Disney World security came to escort me out.

i sat outside in this valet parking area, on the grass, in the sun, and it was warm. there was a stretch limo in the parking area and i could see Michael Jackson in the back. and when i saw him, i thought to myself, "it makes sense he's sitting outside of Disney World because he's a pedophile." and that was the end of my dream.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had a dream that I was working on an essay in the middle of the city (philly, not portland) and then someone stole my backpack, kidnapped me, and then left me with all my things with some woman, but as the kidnapper was leaving he shot a gun just to the left of me and was like "i'd say it'd be pretty easy for me to kill you if I saw you."
then when he left, the woman who was there helped me find my wallet so I could get home, and then dropped me off 6 blocks from the subway stop and I had to try to avoid the dude who had kidnapped me, but I couldn't remember what he looked like so I just ran. Then I woke up.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 am 
Chip Strong

I just had a dream that I set my 5.5 month old in a bathroom sink (presumably to keep her from rolling off the counter) and looked back to realise I left water running in that sink and it was steaming water going straight into her mouth. But she was giggling and the giggle was precious.

(I did go turn the water off!)

Oy. I hate dreams that imperil the life of my kid.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

bump.

Wanna hear the nightmare I had last night?

I was out at a bar with my manfriend. At first it was lots of fun. I went into this room that was full of awesome, friendly tropical-type animals. A bird squawked at me and I clapped my hands. I went back to find him to tell him about the animals, and where he was sitting there were a bunch more animals and it was cute and fun. Then things got weird(er). We went outside so I could smoke (which I am trying to quit altogether), and it was pitch black and there were lots of people standing around and someone sparked a lighter, which made me jump. Then I decided I wanted to go home, but didn't have my car and he was going to stay there for some reason, so I called my dad to come get me. While we were waiting for him, we sat in his car talking. I saw my dad drive up, so I was saying my goodbyes and then all of a sudden, my dad was right there and opened my car door. He looked angry and would not speak to me. I introduced him to my dude, and no one said anything. They were standing right next to each other, and then suddenly, they both looked like my guy. Except my dad looked like my guy looks during the day, and my guy looked like he looks when we go out (night hair!). It really freaked me out, like I couldn't tell which one of them was the one I had been there with in the first place, so I didn't know who to kiss goodnight and I just kept looking back and forth between them...and then my manfriend suddenly looked REALLY OLD, like super old, except he didn't look like what he will look like when he gets old, he looked like a different person. I looked away because I was terrified, and when I looked back, he was a child, around age 10.

At that point I started really freaking out and kind of struggling to wake up, but waking up did not happen easily and holy fork it was awful.

My own hack interpretation: I worry about my dad's approval of this relationship. I worry a little bit about my manfriend being like my dad, even though I totally love my dad, there are aspects of him that I do not want in a partner. I also worry a little bit about my guy being older than me. I worry that if we stay together for a long time, that he might die before me. I worry in general about aging. And then there's the little boy at the end...pretty sure he was there because, while my dude is older and has his shiitake together in a lot of ways, he has been a fun-loving bachelor for so long, that I worry that he can be a little immature. I don't know. This dream really bothered me.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Last night I had a dream that I was watching TV and there was a commercial for the PPK cooking show.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I don't typically remember my dreams, but the other day I realized I've been having the same recurring theme. I'm in a house, usually either my own, or my parents' (though it never looks like anywhere I've lived). There are all these hidden, secret rooms and passageways. Sometimes I go through them alone, sometimes with a friend or two. Often, I'll look at a door or a tunnel and realize that there is no way I can fit through that space. But I just went through this other door or tunnel that was the same size. So I try anyway. I usually wake up if I get stuck.

It's all very Alice in Wonderland weird.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next