| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Can We Bring Back The Dream Interpretation Thread?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:43 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I woke up in a heart-pounding fury this morning from a dream in which I was slated to have dinner with my family and some other people. At the last minute, they told me they had just rented a hotel room and had goodie boxes full of (nonvegan) food. I got so angry, I threw a fit. My dad was admonishing me for throwing a fit and then stopped at MacDonald's for someone else to get food because they didn't want the goodie box food. No such stop for me. I think I started throwing things, which is when I woke up.

My family would never, ever do this to me. But I've been attending a lot of nonvegan parties where no one gives a shiitake whether I can eat or not, so I suppose maybe I have some pent up frustrations about that.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 am 
Impressive boner

On Friday night I dreamed I was at my friend Jonny's house, then remembered I had training in the next fifteen minutes so rushed to my parent's house (who live over 200 miles from both me and Jonny) to change into my kit. My Mam had put it all away and it took me ages to find it, then I couldn't find the right shoes and was dashing up and down the four flights of stairs to find things. My Dad was at the bottom of the stairs drinking beer saying "If you'd asked me five minutes ago I would've given you a lift there" so I went into the kitchen to find a bottle of water and to ask my Mam to drive me there, but she had five housework jobs she had to do before she could get me there. Meanwhile I'm crying and my coach is sending me angry text messages.

Then last night I dreamed I was at some sort of conference. There were so many cakes on the buffet, from all different countries, and I wanted to try several. I sliced into one Japanese one that was very tall and inside it had been baked so that there was a picture in each slice. It tasted like candy floss. When I woke up I'd been drooling onto my pillow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:42 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I had a dream that felt so real... I'm feeling so odd about it today. Like, I dot know what reality is the real one (but know really it's this one... And thank gourd)

In the dream, my very close friend and I... Burned someone's house down. And it was deliberate and planned, and definitely targeted to a specific person (though who that is, that's the one part I can't remember). The feeling after we did it, as we were drivig away, and fully becoming aware of the consequences was... So intense. I realized I wasn't just dealing with the fear of going to jail (which was scary enough a thought), but also the feeling within myself of never being able to undo the terrible thin we did, and having to live with it.

Oh man that was intense. I woke up thinking it was really what had happened the day prior.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:44 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I dreamt no less than three whacky scenarios involving my ex, Z. In one, he tried to kill me by strangling me. I guess he succeeded because I woke up from that with no aftermath to be found. In another, he came to my house and was trying to garner sympathy from the neighbors. That I was so horrible and did all these mean things and he's just this big victim sweetheart. They were believing him, probably because it triggered a panic attack in me and led to me screaming hysterically.

I don't remember the third scenario. Maybe there wasn't one. I just remember thinking, as I was waking up from the "hysterical screaming" one, "wow, this is the third Z dream I've had in a row."

Both dreams that I remember, the snap came from him learning I was dating someone. I mean, the meaning here is probably pretty clear. So I don't know. He's really not that off-the-handle in real life, so I guess dream me just got really paranoid. I just needed somewhere to vent.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:20 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Just had a horrible dream (?nightmare) involving my ex. He was riding a bike past me with his new girlfriend and they were laughing and so happy. IRL, I don't talk to him nor know if he's dating. But it was heart wrenching and I've been having dreams like this about him being happy with another woman all week. FWIW, he wasn't a good boyfriend to me. But I only seem to remember the good, not the crepe. I sure wish these dreams would stop.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:20 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Ugh, I hate when dreams feel really vivid/long/real and then the feeling sticks with you all day. I had a dream about an ex-boyfriend. My parents were having a BBQ, and I was wearing really scrubby clothes and wasn't feeling very well, and then this ex-boyfriend of mine and his dude partner show up. fwiw, this guy is hetero as far as I know, but in my dream he was set to marry a male-identifying person and said he lived in Akron, Ohio. (He's Canadian and lives in Canada.) In my dream we were reminiscing and talking about the good old days and being very close and supportive. I woke up with him on my mind. So weird. I hate ex dreams. Particularly ones complicated by the fact that in real life, although you still have mutual friends, he's butthurt and weird about it 16 years later.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:38 pm 
Total Hoover

I had a horrible ex dream a couple of days ago. I mean during the dream it wasn't horrible; I was back to being a teenager and it was about a guy I was with at that time (who I have no contact with now). But when I woke up I felt guilty about dreaming about someone other than my current partner. And even if I didn't have someone now to 'dream cheat' on, I'd really rather not dream about silly teenagers. I mean it's not like we had any special deep connection that should have stayed with me. And as the years go by it gets more and more inappropriate to be thinking about someone who I only knew at school age. Even though dream-me is always the same age as him, I still wake up feeling gross.

I had a better dream recently though. I dreamed I got out my phone to call the police to help someone who I thought had been mugged, but it turned out they were just pretending; they were actually an evil villain. They grabbed my arm and said "Ha ha, your phone is actually made out of cake!" (So I couldn't use it to phone the police on the villain.) And I looked and lo and behold, my phone WAS made out of a thin, phone-shaped peice of dry cake with a chocolate, non-functional "screen".
Ok then brain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:03 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

GreenDuck wrote:
I had a better dream recently though. I dreamed I got out my phone to call the police to help someone who I thought had been mugged, but it turned out they were just pretending; they were actually an evil villain. They grabbed my arm and said "Ha ha, your phone is actually made out of cake!" (So I couldn't use it to phone the police on the villain.) And I looked and lo and behold, my phone WAS made out of a thin, phone-shaped peice of dry cake with a chocolate, non-functional "screen".
Ok then brain.

That is awesome. How did it taste?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:53 am 
Total Hoover

Oh no I didn't eat the cake phone. The dream then went on to get rather scary; the villain had been luring me in so he could grab me and then we were rushing along- I think sitting on a skateboard or low... thing... along a road with him trying to do bad things which thankfully I can't really remember. It looked like it would've tasted rubbish though.
I just woke up and thought what an amazing evil plan.

Then last night I dreamed about eating meat. It had been cooked by someone else (who I know in real life and we hate each other and I wouldn't touch any food she'd cooked with a barge pole but in the dream there was some politeness reason why I had to.) I had to go and collect some family members and by the time I got to the table food had been put on our plates. As I was chewing the last mouthful of the little bit of meat, I suddenly remembered that I'm veggie and it was horrible. And I started worrying that she would have mixed dairy butter in with the mashed potatoes while I was out of the room.
I was glad to wake up and find that hadn't actually happened. Usually I prefer not to remember my dreams- they tend to be exhausting!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:06 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I dreamt I shot at a monkey in my grandmother's kitchen with an old western gun (I know where this part came from, we watched "True Grit" last night). Then I felt so bad but I didn't know how to help the monkey and it was howling so bad. So I thought I should get him into the garden but only the dog ran away. At this point the monkey made a snide comment about the dog running away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:43 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I dreamt last night I was going swimming and when trying to change in the changing rooms the curtains kept opening and people could see me, also I was having real difficulty getting changed and unchanged repeatedly and doing it wrong. Cut to the swimming pool actually being a drag audition and I hid in the curtains watching. Tatianna saw me and waved, cut to me running through my old school causing riots, jumping over people, then pepper spraying everyone in the face (including police) and running 'home' through a makeshift race track and hopping over people's gardens. (I repeatedly have dreams about running away from School, but when I get to my old house no one is there and it's not my Mum's house anymore so I end up on the run/living in the woods).

At some point I was in my old bedroom at my Uncle's house trying to have a bath but it kept moving! Then my Mum lost her job and I couldn't find my car to leave. I can never, ever find my car to leave wherever I am in my dream. Another repetitive dream I have is of being in a hotel room somewhere and not having enough time to pack all my belongings in time for my flight home. There are always so many belongings and I can never fit them in to my case. I usually can't find my passport too. And the lost car or destroyed car/car that will never start thing always peas me off. I can never escape from wherever it is I'm trying to get away from.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:18 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

A biologist friend told me he had really interesting bacteria living in his nose, and some other researchers were going to do a study on him. He was a bit miffed that he wasn't allowed to change his facial hair because of this. Irl he's had the same goatee for almost fifteen years, so I doubt he would mind. I also dreamed I accidentally joined the Catholic church, and then realised "wait, I can't do that! They're anti-choice!" The fact that I don't believe in God was apparently not a problem.
Eta: In the catholic dream, when I realised my mistake, I thought "must remember to post this in the Worst Things thread".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:25 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I dreamt last night that I was somewhere near my parents' house (in a 'burb of the city I live in) and then caught a 'train' to a nearby city (20-30 minutes, a smaller industrial city than the one I'm in). Only it wasn't a regular train, it was like a life sized toy train where each 'car' was a one seater. There were tunnels and open space. I *think* I saw a new climate activist friend while in the other city and then I turned around and took the same toy train back to the town my parents live in.

...I"m also pretty sure I've had a very similar dream before, involving life size toy trains and riding them. Not sure what that's about besides the fact that I adore trains. (But not roller coasters)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:06 am 
Smuggling Raisins

So, this dream doesn't really require interpretation but I'm sharing it anyways. I dreamt that I was at a Clinton/Trump debate and got to ask some questions. I started by accusing Trump of inciting hate, which he denied, but then I said "well you're certainly not inspiring love" and he actually agreed, and even seemed kind of sad about it.

Then it was over and I was in a room alone and President Obama came in and sat with me. And I told him about how scared and sad this election was making me and how afraid I was that Trump would win, when less than a year ago I'd thought it was a huge joke. He told me that he understood, and that it was scary, but to remember that there are more good people in the world than bad, so don't give up and keep having hope that the world can be a better place. And I felt better. So, thanks Obama. :)

(BTW, for context about how disturbing this whole election is, I'm Canadian).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5