| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can We Bring Back The Dream Interpretation Thread?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Had a dream my youngest brother in law called me and asked me to come to his hotel room (??). I walked in holding an open yogurt cup with a spoon in it and I was grumpy because it was dairy yogurt. He was sitting on a couch in his underwear, and had his head in the lap of a prostitute who looked like one of the characters in Orange Is The New Black. Across the room from him was another couch and a mutual friend was sitting on it, also in his underwear (this friend shares the same first name as my BIL). I sat on the couch with the friend and noticed the soles of his feet were incredibly hairy.

The friend's birthday is this week and his fiancée is throwing him a surprise party next weekend so I'm assuming he popped up because of that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:52 pm 
Semen Strong

I dreamed that I was in an airport lounge and ran into two of my friends who left corporate jobs to pursue their dreams. They were both going to Seattle and then on to HK and they talked about how they'd gone back to the corporate jobs because you needed to make real money and their dream jobs just were silly.

IRL, both my friends love their dream jobs (one runs a superhigh end bakery in NYC - she bakes for Barney's), so there is no way that they'd go back. But of course, I am considering going back to a corporate job. So there is that. Why the airport lounge - being in transition maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:05 pm 
WELFARIST!

After listening to the This American Life podcast about the 7 things you shouldn't talk about because nobody cares and they're boring, I haven't told anyone about my dreams. But I had a dream the other night that I was back in high school, but at my age now and it was super awkward because I was so much older than everyone else, plus I had to live inside the school? Before I fell asleep I had been stressing about taking on this new 3rd job and worrying about where I would find the time to, like, live my actual life, and after I woke up from this dream I said to myself, 'Well, it could be worse. You could be back in high school.' And it was a strangely comforting thought.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

allularpunk wrote:
'Well, it could be worse. You could be back in high school.' And it was a strangely comforting thought.

Yes! I have dreams that I'm back in school all the time. When I wake up, there's always such a feeling of relief and "thank god that part of my life is over!"

I had a dream last night that I was going to marry a horrible rich old man because he had a nice house with fireplaces. I figured we'd get divorced soon enough and I could probably get enough money out of the divorce to buy my own house with seven fireplaces. Apparently, I REALLY want a fireplace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:23 pm 
ugh

I dreamed that my fiance was either hosting an awards ceremony or announcing an award, and the winner was Michael C. Hall and I was so excited that he was going to get to meet him. That's what I get for watching the entire last season of Dexter over the past few days.

Quote:
Yes! I have dreams that I'm back in school all the time. When I wake up, there's always such a feeling of relief and "thank god that part of my life is over!"

I dream that I have to work at Dollar Tree again every damn time I go into the store. And it's sort of a nightmare because I can't work the registers and screw up everything. It is nice to wake up from, though!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:26 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

allularpunk wrote:
After listening to the This American Life podcast about the 7 things you shouldn't talk about because nobody cares and they're boring, I haven't told anyone about my dreams.

Wut! This is sad, I love hearing about people's dreams...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:56 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mars wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
After listening to the This American Life podcast about the 7 things you shouldn't talk about because nobody cares and they're boring, I haven't told anyone about my dreams.

Wut! This is sad, I love hearing about people's dreams...

Me too! Especially the weird, off the wall ones.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:53 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

For me the key to listening to people's dreams is if they are concise enough about it. I don't have the attention span for a long, meandering, where the hell is this going story of just pure randomness. Otherwise, its pretty amusing/weird and I like listening.

I had a dream last night that my mom said she would host Thanksgiving instead of me this year, and at first I was bummed because I have this menu planned but then I was all "yay, I don't have to cook and can just drink wine." Then we go over there and she opens the door holding this tray of food and says "I made ravioli with creamy sage sauce but its not vegan so I don't think you can eat." That was it. And this dream is neither amusing nor weird because it is entirely probable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Yes! I have dreams that I'm back in school all the time.

I must have jinxed myself by posting this. Last night I dreamt that I was back in school, with an assortment of classmates from junior high and high school. The teacher was my 5th grade teacher. She was writing math problems on the chalkboard, and we were supposed to be writing them down and solving them. The chalkboards went around the entire room, and the teacher just kept writing more and more and more problems. None of them made sense. One was "Bad canned biscuits divided by phyllo dough". I kept thinking that if only I could get my phone out of my bag, I could use the calculator app. Just as I reached for it, the teacher stopped by my desk and asked if something was wrong. I said, "I suck at math. I can add and subtract, and that's about it. There's no way I can do these problems!" The teacher gave me a stern look, and said, "Well, you'll just have to TRY." I looked around and all of the other students were happily working away, like nothing was wrong and the work was easy. I started to freak out and woke up all panicky and covered in sweat. The dream seems completely ridiculous to me now, but it was awful at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:35 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am having stress about buying plane tickets and dreamt that instead of buying our one-way tickets home to brazil, not only did i manage to leave the kid at home (i had my passport though, give me some credit here), I got on the plane and then as the plane landed realized with horror that i had bought myself a one-way ticket to Detroit, and had no idea what the hell i was going to do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:52 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I usually have stupid pointless dreams that I can trace back to things going on in my life pretty easily. But last night's dream more than made up for the boring ones! I was hanging out with Kevin McKidd (aka Dr Owen Hunt on Grey's Anatomy). He gave me a look, sat down near me, kissed my neck and told me that he loves me. I was surprised in the dream, like I thought we were just friends. Then we made out. I was sooo bummed to wake up!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Last night I dreamt that I got parked into an angled parking spot by someone who parked the wrong angle and then I accidentally out ketchup in my coffee because it was mislabeled as sweetener. I think it means I feel trapped and that things weren't what I thought they were, but I'm not sure which part of my life that is yet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I had a super awkward dream last night that an adult male family member of mine was having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl. The only people who knew about it were me and the people who worked at the hotel where they were doing it, and nobody else in the family was even remotely willing to believe that it was happening. I have noooo idea why I dream these things. It was so creepy and gross.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:18 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I had a dream last night that I went on a non-vegan candy stealing rampage. I went to all my non-vegan friends' houses and stole candy from them and ate it. I have no idea what my subconscious is trying to tell me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:32 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I dreamed (grammar?) that I was taking a shower, holding the showerhead in my hand. Then the alarm went off (in reality) and I stretched my hand out to turn it off, but thought "Wait, I can't turn it off with the hand I'm holding the showerhead in, the clock will get wet - and my other hand is under my pillow..."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:19 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I had a dream the night before last that my special person and I were going on a big overseas holiday. I was trying to convince them we should go to NYC, and was getting really excited about it... "There are heaps of vegan places there! There are whole, entirely vegan bakeries!" etc etc (which was sorta amusing and unconvincing to them because a) they're not vegan, and b) they've been to NYC before and I haven't). Then I said, "Oh, we can also totally go meet/stay with [haha, wishful thinking, dream self!] Tofulish, and you can meet Leela!".... I was sure this would convince them because they love babies, and I've showed them pictures of Leela looking really cute before.
I think it ended with me getting excited about Cinnamon Snail.

PPKer dreams! I'm not sure what to make of it except that I should probably bake more delicious things.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 am 

Been having sex dreams three nights in a row - all involving women and not my (male) partner. Dream one was actually a "boyfriend leaves me for no reason and I am sad a lot" dream, but I did sleep with two girls and him within a 24 hour period in said dream. Second dream was some random stranger. Third dream was with a fictional female FAMILY MEMBER (!?!??!?!), I think a sister? (I only have brothers). I was just like, "but isn't this incest?"

Boy is convinced that I need to sleep with a girl. I would have bought that until I fiction-banged fictional sister. Now I'm almost afraid to sleep. What's next? REAL family? ewewew.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:50 am 
Seagull of the PPK

when i taught high school, i had some dreams of this nature involving my students. i am pretty sure that sleeping with them was not the solution.

i just assumed it meant that i was so involved in these students' lives that sex was a reflection of the importance they had for me and didn't think much of it. (also have had this type of dream involving family members, and assumed the same thing. dreamz is just dreamz.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:00 am 
WELFARIST!

Now I only tell you guys my dreams. Gotta get this one out:

I was at my grandma's old house (I have a lot of dreams that take place here, I spent so much time there as a kid) and the upstairs bit was TOTALLY forking HAUNTED. There are three bedrooms and a bathroom up there, and each room (which each kind of had it's own decorating theme anyway - the yellow room, the rose wallpaper room, the blue room) had it's own special brand of terrifying ghost monsters. The only one I can remember now is that the blue room held giant, shining, angel-like beasts, but the kind of angels that are scary and terrible. Lots of wind in general, lots of hanging on to the railing, trying not to get sucked into various rooms, lots of ominous shadows and yelling and whispering and out and out creepiness. Something I did eventually made it stop, but I can't remember what now.

I didn't even eat or drink anything before bed. What the everliving what.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:56 am 

Yesterday night: Went to the gym with an old school friend (IRL she competes in bikini fitness so this is not so far-fetched). It was a really weird gym where it was almost impossible to find the equipment and a lot of the regulars were just hanging out and eating cake, watching television.

Last night: My supermarket had turned into a kale emporium, and I bought two giant carry bags of kale and no other food.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:52 am 
Seagull of the PPK

oh my gooooooooood i had the most horrible dream! i was gathering food (as i do in most of my dreams in some way or another) and there were these HUGE roasted bananas, as big as a football or bigger, and i was talking to people about whether they were stringy or sweet and i brought one home (they were still in the skin, huge!) and opened it up all excited to eat it and it was a horse skull inside.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:37 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I always find that to understand a dream I've had better is to give it a title, it immediately brings it down to the core and it's much easier to interpret.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:10 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

torque wrote:
oh my gooooooooood i had the most horrible dream! i was gathering food (as i do in most of my dreams in some way or another) and there were these HUGE roasted bananas, as big as a football or bigger, and i was talking to people about whether they were stringy or sweet and i brought one home (they were still in the skin, huge!) and opened it up all excited to eat it and it was a horse skull inside.

Whoa.
My first though is that maybe you feel someone is hiding something from you that will change everything.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 am 
Seagull of the PPK

that does not bode well!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 am 
WELFARIST!

The other night I had a dream that I was traveling, or trying to, but I kept getting lost in train stations and not being able to find ATMs or ticket counters or the right platforms. Then last night I had a dream that I smoked a cigarette (I'm trying, once again, to quit and I really wanted one yesterday but didn't have one) and another dream that three of my teeth fell out.

Gotta love those anxiety dreams. Blerf.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next