| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can We Bring Back The Dream Interpretation Thread?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

allularpunk wrote:
The other night I had a dream that I was traveling, or trying to, but I kept getting lost in train stations and not being able to find ATMs or ticket counters or the right platforms. Then last night I had a dream that I smoked a cigarette (I'm trying, once again, to quit and I really wanted one yesterday but didn't have one) and another dream that three of my teeth fell out.

Gotta love those anxiety dreams. Blerf.

I get those dreams, apart from the cigarettes then, regularly myself. The traffic dream means I'm feeling unprepared or not prepared enough for something. It's the same for dreams where I'm back in school and messing up exams or late for school.

My teeth are falling out in my dreams when I'm not happy about aging in some way, they're horrid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:26 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I had dream tooth loss for YEARS. it was absolutely horrible. i read somewhere that it was connected to family drama. unsurprisingly, now that my family drama is mostly over, i don't have those "my teeth turned to noodles and i accidentally swallowed them" or "my teeth all crumbled and fell out" dreams anymore. thank god.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:39 am 
WELFARIST!

I heard a long time ago that those teeth falling out dreams were about you hiding or lying about something. I'm 99% sure that I have them just because I have major tooth anxiety in general. Mine never turn to noodles, though! They either are loose and I end up taking them out myself or they do that horrible crumbly thing, which is probably happening because I'm gritting my teeth in my sleep.

I've got a lot of overwhelming job stuff going on with my new job upgrade that I guess is affecting me more than I thought. (I type that as my eyelid is twitching uncontrollably.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:46 am 
Saggy Butt

I keep having dreams where someone I respect very much doesn't want to have very much to do with me; I guess there are fears of loss and abandonment there.

I've had a few teeth dreams, and in the most recent one I was going to the dentist to have them all pulled out-yikes! Other themes I've experienced are being chased and being naked in public (but in those I think I'm the only one who notices?) I do have dreams where I'm back in high school, even taking grad school and high school courses at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:13 am 
Grandfathered In

I don't put any stock in dream interpretation, but I would like to announce that I had a dream last night where I got a job and had sex. (Not at the workplace.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

torque wrote:
I had dream tooth loss for YEARS. it was absolutely horrible. i read somewhere that it was connected to family drama. unsurprisingly, now that my family drama is mostly over, i don't have those "my teeth turned to noodles and i accidentally swallowed them" or "my teeth all crumbled and fell out" dreams anymore. thank god.

That's really interesting that these dreams are linked to your family. I think with me they're really an aging thing, but I guess it's not the same for everyone. And I definitely had them when I had problems with my teeth.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:00 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I keep having dreams that I am pregnant. With twins. Which is pretty much my worst thing that could really happen fear (even though it shouldn't really happen). Twice this week. I know I am under some stress, but gracious.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:12 pm 
Impressive boner

I had a dream that I was riding a bike backwards around a small lake in search of a giant bearded dragon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:31 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

kfad wrote:
I keep having dreams that I am pregnant. With twins. Which is pretty much my worst thing that could really happen fear (even though it shouldn't really happen). Twice this week. I know I am under some stress, but gracious.

You have been impregnated by Cards Against Humanity.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:47 am 
Grandfathered In

choirqueer wrote:

(Winner!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:26 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

choirqueer wrote:
kfad wrote:

Can we co-parent?

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:01 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

kfad wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
kfad wrote:

Can we co-parent?

I think we already are.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I was taught that teeth falling out dreams indicated a fear of significant life changes, so both growing old and family issues could fall under that.

I used to have crazy teeth dreams, they would fall out and fill up my mouth and I had to spit them out over and over. I had them a lot shortly after my parents broke up and again around my 18th birthday and I was worrying about graduating high school, turning 18 and moving back to Canada.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 am 
Saggy Butt

Last night I dreamt that I was trying to go for a run but my legs felt frozen and I stumbled along, feeling weighed down. Like I was trying to move forward but something was fighting against me and holding me back. Sounds about right...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:18 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Last night I dreamt that I had been hanging out with a bunch of friends at a retreat/conference type thing for several days, and the event was over, so I had gone off by myself to get some food while waiting for my plane home. I went to a restaurant and the vegan options all looked terrible so I was like, what the hell, I'll just order a cheese pizza. So I order this pizza, pick up a book to read while I'm waiting, and then all of a sudden three of my best friends came in and sat down at the table with me. I was really happy to see them until I remembered that I had just ordered a cheese pizza, and if the pizza came while my friends were sitting at the table with me, they would all find out that I'm a bad vegan and never take me seriously again. So I sat there stressing out, going through in my mind all the possible solutions to this problem, like, should I pretend I meant to order it without cheese, should I eat it and if they ask say I thought it was vegan cheese, should I go try to secretly get the waiter to change my order without my friends knowing? Finally I ended up just deciding to tell my friends that it was nice to see them but that I needed some alone time and could they please go away.

What the hell, dream-version-of-me? I'm so confused! I'm a little disturbed that my subconscious was able to come up with so many "solutions" to this "problem", most of which involved lying to my friends and/or eating cheese.

Interpret away!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Moon wrote:
I was taught that teeth falling out dreams indicated a fear of significant life changes, so both growing old and family issues could fall under that.

I used to have crazy teeth dreams, they would fall out and fill up my mouth and I had to spit them out over and over. I had them a lot shortly after my parents broke up and again around my 18th birthday and I was worrying about graduating high school, turning 18 and moving back to Canada.

In Dutch there is a saying that when you're mouth is full of something, you've had enough of it, not sure what the English equivalent of that saying would be. I always think there's a lot of truths in sayings when it comes to dream interpretation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:21 pm 

I dream about dog poo more than a person ought to. I can only guess what this says about me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Moon wrote:
I dream about dog poo more than a person ought to. I can only guess what this says about me.

I'm pretty sure that means there will be dog poo in your future.

I had this weird dream a couple of nights ago. I had somehow acquired this book of strange places you could visit. I was determined to visit each and every one of them, so I took time off work to travel the world. The first few places were just strange buildings and things. Then I went to this place where there was an "entrance to heaven". I was with a friend whose mother had died when she was young. When we reached the place that held the entrance (it was an old theater), I started having second thoughts and I told my friend that maybe we shouldn't go. I had read a story about a woman who had made the journey, and when she got into heaven she saw all her loved ones who had died and she couldn't bear to leave them, so she never went home. My friend asked why I didn't want to go, and I asked her, "If we get there and you see your mom, will you be able to leave her and go home?" She thought a minute, and said, "No." We looked at each other for a minute and then both made up our minds and turned to go in. We passed through an archway, and there was a sign saying you had to pay. I took two gift cards out of my pocket and tossed them on the ground. It was dark. I started to get a bad feeling, and I turned to my friend and said, "I don't think this is right. What if this is the other place?" We turned and ran back into the theater. There was another archway to the right, and we decided to try that one. We walked through, and it was much brighter, with blue shy above. There was no sign telling us to pay, but I dropped a penny on the ground anyway, "just to be safe". We passed by a clearing, and there were a bunch of animals frolicking. I saw Sable and called her to me. My friend went off to look for her mother while I was playing with Sable. Then I decided to go look for my maternal grandmother. Sable followed me. I saw a sort of above ground tunnel with a bunch of people in it, and decided to look for my grandmother there. Then I started to worry that all of my other dead relatives would find out that I went to see my grandmother before them, and that they'd be jealous. I tried to think of what excuse I would make to them. I saw my friend up ahead, pushing through the crowd. Then I woke up, feeling confused and a little sad. Any ideas what it could mean?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:08 pm 
WELFARIST!

^Well, this is similar to a dream I had three months after my mother died where she came back to visit me and she told me she was up in heaven and everything is all right...maybe some delayed/deferred grieving for lost love ones? Even though it's a sad one, that sounds like a super cool dream, raspberries!

I just dreamt that I was getting on the subway to go swimming but I forgot my bathing suit so I decided to get on the subway anyway (instead of going home to get my suit) and go to Hogtown Vegan for lunch. I woke up hungry! My interpretation of my own dream is that I kind of feel like going swimming but I'd rather eat at Hogtown Vegan, which sounds about right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So last night, I dreamed that joyfulgirl was visiting me, and she made me cinnamon rolls. Except, I had a bunch of other people over too, and they ate them all before I got one. So she kept making cinnamon rolls in my kitchen, and my (rude) guests kept eating them all before I got any. Finally, I guess we ran out of ingredients or something, so she couldn't make cinnamon rolls, and instead made cinnamon bread. Which I finally got a piece of.

Before I went to bed last night, I was looking at recipes for cinnamon rolls. It is also worth noting that I have never actually met joyfulgirl, but I did recently add her on facebook.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:56 pm 

Starry! That is amazing. I had a dream last night about going to visit Creep and having to deal with her overbearing Dad and Step-Mom. We were going to meet up with another PPKer at a vegfest but she got mad at me whenever I tried to call the PPKer long distance so I didn't find out who we were meeting.

I also have never met Creep, but did recently acquire her as a friend on FB.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:06 am 
Seagull of the PPK

ppk dreams are the best. once i dreamt that i went to the vegan con and went backstage and stole Kittee's top secret recipe book from her dressing room (yes, she had a dressing room, and her recipe book was like one of those huge old bibles, and in my dream i was horrified at myself).

the kid is dreaming that she is hollow, like an eggshell, and is crumbling. sometimes i think she goes online and looks up "what dream will upset my parents the most" and tells me that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Two nights ago I dreamed about biscuits (cookies). There were tins and tins full. The ginger ones had spread out too much so were very thin and crispy (but still good) and the chocolatey chocolate chip ones were AMAZING. Also we planted tulip bulbs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I had a dream that I had this boyfriend who was like a Russian Dolf Lundgren. He spoke no English and had a translator follow us around so we could communicate. He had lots of weird, crappy Russian tattoos and nice pecs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:25 am 
Seagull of the PPK

you see Viggo Mortensen in Eastern Promises lately? mmmmmmmmm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next