| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 184  Next
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 pm 
WELFARIST!

My parents are acting more cool and I haven't spoken with the friend that was turding out on me yet. We're going to hang out a little this afternoon, so I hope maybe I can explain it to her in a way she understands so that I don't feel like I can't talk about this with her. It's also still weird to me that I can't talk to half of my friends about this, because they're associated with the restaurant (either are currently working there or used to, but still talk to everyone). Soon! One more week, then it can come out whenever we're ready.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:25 pm 
WRETCHED

I think at this point in our relationship, (nearly 8 years) my husband and I are becoming the same person. Like we see something and think the same exact thing or we can complete eachother's thoughs, it is quite scary. What is even scarier is when are getting ready to go out and we are wearing the same colors. I keep telling him to get out of my head but it isn't working.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ha, I like that though! So cute.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:41 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I really like coming back to this thread to read your happy notes, allularpunk. :D

Happy notes from me: got to see my guy a ton this week, he is so adorable (like one day he drinks 3 energy drinks in a sitting and the next he's swearing them off altogether and a week later he's like ok maybe just one...I am the same way with Diet Coke so it amuses me to no end!), just dropped off an apple at his work instead of a Monster, our weekend is shaping up to be way awesome (Saturday night: Monopoly with my bro and his new gf, Sunday: food truck roundup and hiking, followed by poker night at bro's and slumber party).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:55 pm 
Nailed to the V

i think i will continue to wait as long as possible before using the "L" word. in my world, fear > love. i think i'm also like monkeytoes' man-- just trying to think about things practically first and waiting to see if i'm into the implications of what saying the word might do. i do love hearing everyone's happy, sweet stories!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:56 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

allularpunk wrote:
Just remembered that I asked him last night about his stance on life on other planets and he started saying a bunch of stuff that were the EXACT SAME WORDS I have used to express my own stance on this. (that, duh, there is life on other planets, this is an infinite universe with bajillions of other solar systems and to insinuate that we are the ONLY ones is pretty arrogant and that also surely there could be non-carbon based life forms that don't need just what we need to live, so there not being water or oxygen or whatever on a planet doesn't prove that there isn't some form of life.) I just started shouting 'YES! YES!' and then apologized for shouting, but that I just completely agreed with him and he was like, 'You're not shouting, you're just passionate!' omfg, this dude.

This is the same way that I feel about life outside of earth!!!! Threesome?!?!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:09 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

linanil wrote:
I think at this point in our relationship, (nearly 8 years) my husband and I are becoming the same person. Like we see something and think the same exact thing or we can complete eachother's thoughs, it is quite scary. What is even scarier is when are getting ready to go out and we are wearing the same colors. I keep telling him to get out of my head but it isn't working.

You guys should just go all out and get matching couple shirts. Makes things easier!

Mr. Limone and I have a similar sort of thing. Like the other day he got up from the couch when we were watching TV, and I said "There's no more chocolate peanut butter in the fridge so don't even look for it!" Then he sat back down.

How did I know he wanted chocolate peanut butter? Because MIND-MELD.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm 
WRETCHED

Limone wrote:
linanil wrote:

You guys should just go all out and get matching couple shirts. Makes things easier!

Mr. Limone and I have a similar sort of thing. Like the other day he got up from the couch when we were watching TV, and I said "There's no more chocolate peanut butter in the fridge so don't even look for it!" Then he sat back down.

How did I know he wanted chocolate peanut butter? Because MIND-MELD.

My most recent one was I bought him some black jeans, he said he wasn't sure he was a black jean guy, I said I think it'd look good with a light colored shirt. He came down to show me and picked out the exact shirt I was thinking (seriously, almost all his shirts are light colored). ESP, it works.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:08 am 
WELFARIST!

Mars wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Just remembered that I asked him last night about his stance on life on other planets and he started saying a bunch of stuff that were the EXACT SAME WORDS I have used to express my own stance on this. (that, duh, there is life on other planets, this is an infinite universe with bajillions of other solar systems and to insinuate that we are the ONLY ones is pretty arrogant and that also surely there could be non-carbon based life forms that don't need just what we need to live, so there not being water or oxygen or whatever on a planet doesn't prove that there isn't some form of life.) I just started shouting 'YES! YES!' and then apologized for shouting, but that I just completely agreed with him and he was like, 'You're not shouting, you're just passionate!' omfg, this dude.

This is the same way that I feel about life outside of earth!!!! Threesome?!?!

That would be pretty sexy.

Last night, he had dinner with his friends and according to him, he kept talking about me all night. He said he told them that's it's just so...easy! To be with me. Which I take as the greatest compliment, and I feel the same way about him. Tomorrow we get to actually sleep in together and I'm making brunch. I have the longest day ever today (working 10-3 then again from 5-10), so I can't waaaaaiiiiiiiit.

Edited to add: Talked to my friend about us yesterday (the one who was hatin') and she seems happier for me than before. Her main concern was that I just got out of a relationship, but again...that relationship was so bad and I was so over it way before the breakup. She seems pleased with all of Older Man's positive points though, so yay, no more contention! Until my work friends find out, that is. One more week of awful job and hiding things!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:39 pm 
Semen Strong

monkeytoes wrote:
I'd have married him when we went to Vegas 5 months in if he'd been impulsive enough to suggest it.

This makes me so happy. I feel like we've gotten to follow along your love story, and its been so fun. You definitely have to PPKlivestream your wedding!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:10 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Tofulish wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
I'd have married him when we went to Vegas 5 months in if he'd been impulsive enough to suggest it.

This makes me so happy. I feel like we've gotten to follow along your love story, and its been so fun. You definitely have to PPKlivestream your wedding!

Seriously! I have loved following along on this happy story.

So many people having wonderful happies happening for them! I can't wait till I'm PMSing and start crying with happiness for everyone.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:02 pm 
Dead by dawn

Tofulish wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

:) And this is how I feel about fezza and her man. So cute. I love that there are so many blissful new couples!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Yay for happy relationship notes posts :)

Today was a great reminder for me about why I love Mr Moon. We went grocery shopping (we haven't together in well over a month) and it was just plain FUN for some reason. We were laughing and goofing around and it was just a good time.

He's finally gotten used to his new meds and is evening out a lot and that makes things a lot easier too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So when I was at the hospital yesterday I was typing up this whole thing for here about the whole 'I love you' conversation that was going on, and how I almost accidentally said it to my crush once as he was getting in his car to leave, and how I really wanted to say it yesterday as we were in the emergency room and he was stroking my hair... But I didn't finish typing and had to put my phone down for a while and forgot. Anyways. Major heart pangs. He was amazing. Once I was unconcious and in surgery he called my roomie/BFF, explained what happened and coordinated getting a key for our place and went and fed my pup and let her outside and everything... So thoughtful! And he bought salad rolls for when I'd be hungry later... And when we arrived at the ER he totally dealt with getting me signed in and found my insurance card in my wallet and everything. I mean I'm sure most people would do the same even if not romantically attached if they were taking a not super conscious person to the ER but... Oh it really makes me even more sparkly-eyed about him. And he called me 'babe' a bunch during that whole ordeal...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:04 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

MARS- First off, I hope you are feeling ok! (I don't know what happened but GuH ER!).

I'm so glad your super crushylovey was so awesome and caring for you. <3 get betters and stay happy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 am 
WELFARIST!

Dudes, I had the best weekend. After work on Saturday, the manfriend and I met out for a drink. It was our first time going out in this town together, and it was so much fun. We had the 'what should I call you when I introduce you to people' conversation. He wanted to make it clear that I am with him, but doesn't like any of those usual terms people use. We didn't decide on anything, haha. Anyway, we made brunch at my place the next morning, and cooking with him is SO AWESOME. Usually, I'm like, 'get the fork out of my way!' in the kitchen, but he knows how to cook and I just trusted him to do his thing with my foods and it was great. Then we started drinking and declared Sunday Funday, walked his dog, and then just went out around town. It was so nice and sunny and warm out, we just went from restaurant to bar to another restaurant and had a drink in each place and laughed and touched and had so much goddamn fun that I don't know what the hell to even think. I don't even know. He is too amazing, but not just that he is amazing, we are amazing together. I don't feel like I have to be anyone but myself around him, and he likes me so much that it's just comfortable and easy and wonderful.

Also, I finally pooped at his house.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:49 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

linanil, me and T. too! Well, we've always been weirdly on the same track. We're the same person in most ways and at this point, we've developed so much slang between the two of us that it's like we have our own language. I often wonder what I did to deserve having the best husband in the world. I hear other people complain about their partners and feel almost guilty that in 12 years I've never had to have those complaints. He's literally a saint. The smartest, the most compassionate (he's the one that got me to go vegan by modeling veganism in a peaceful way for the first 7 years of our relationship!), the most patient, the most artistic and creative. And somehow, for some reason, despite being all that plus a total babe, he loves me and tells me every day, without fail.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 am 
WELFARIST!

paprikapapaya, stories like yours are what gives me hope that it is possible to have the type of relationship that I feel like I deserve. I love it! So happy for you!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 am 
Inflexitarian

My ladyfriend is awesome and I love her like crazy. But... turns out I have a hard time getting sleep while sharing a bed? We spend a lot of nights together, which is great, but I'm accumulating a massive sleep debt, which is not.

Sleep is hard!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:30 am 
WRETCHED

What is the issue Tea, my husband and I have different sleeping styles but I had to accommodate his which included must sleep in king size bed and no touching. When we have to sleep in a queen size bed, I'm constantly being elbowed and hit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 am 
WELFARIST!

My ex and I could not sleep together. The last year of our relationship, he slept on the couch and I slept in the bed. My issue was that he snored SO MUCH in all of the positions and I'm a super light sleeper. And I didn't love him enough to just be like, 'SIGH, but you're adorbs' like I have been able to do in other relationships. I hope you get into a routine that works for you! Manfriend and I sleep together really well (he's getting more sleep than he'd had in months, apparently). I just fit into the crook of his arm and his chest is the perfect height to use as a pillow and it is GLORIOUS. I love sleepy bedtimes, and was so bummed about that aspect with my ex. Now it is back!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My husband and I shared a twin bed early in out relationship. Now I can't sleep if he's touching me. Funny how things change.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 pm 
WRETCHED

So I'll share our stories from this weekend. Saturday evening, my husband wanted to watch a movie so he suggests the moving he has been wanting to watch for months and I keep picking other movies. So I figure we should watch it. It is a DVD so it had commercials for other movies and one of those movies had Mos Def in it. I have a not-so-secret crush on Mos Def. I didn't say anything other than we should see if that movie was available and watch it some other time. So then my husband flipped off his DVD, switched to Netflix to see if that movie (or other Mos Def) movies were available to watch streaming (their weren't). It was so sweet though that he wanted to see if a movie (and possibly not even a good movie) was available just because someone I liked was in it.

Then Sunday morning, I decided it was spring cleaning day but didn't say anything to my husband. Totally separately, he decided it was spring cleaning day. He started to clean/declutter the basement before I even said anything to him or started cleaning myself. He totally didn't believe me when I said I was going to clean and didn't think he was going to. All part of the mind meld.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My bf snores so I wear earplugs every single night. It's tough but I guess I'm used to it now.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:06 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

For those of your with snoring partner issues, have you tried a white noise machine? I always thought those things would be more annoying than the actual noise I'm trying to cover up, but as it turns out it's really soothing for me and reminds me of sleeping next to the ocean. I have one (it's a Dohm), and it really seems to help drown out ambient noises. We live next to a pretty busy highway and if it can help me sleep through the annoyingly loud motorcycle mufflers that pass by us frequently, it could probably help drown out a lot of the snoring noises.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 184  Next