| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 189  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:14 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 5140
Location: WV
Yes, Peter Frampton. And I had to find the original version of it (not a live or extended one) because that's the only one that would do for him for that exact moment. It was pretty adorable.

PPPP, that is annoying. I just found out the other day that there is a girl from T's past that still regularly calls and texts him to try and hook up. Do they know your guy is a married guy? Because that kind of flagrant disregard for someone's significant other is what drives me batty the most. T will tell this girl that no, duh, because he's with me, and she just does not care. I've been dangerously close to confronting her about it, but I know he's not interested and I don't want to start drama where there doesn't need to be.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:55 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6254
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
ugh, that's super annoying, AP! This girl totally knows he's married, because I sometimes go with him to the coffee shop and sometimes he tweets about me. She won't favourite those tweets, but literally favourites/comments on ALL of his other tweets. I find it super disrespectful! I'm not going to confront her for the same reasons you said above, but damn do I want to say, "listen lady, he's mine nanananananana"

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:24 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 8030
Location: Seattle
Yuck. Not only is that disrespectful to the significant other, honestly it's also disrespectful of the person you're flirting with. There's a really fine line somewhere between a little mild harmless flirting and making a jerk of yourself. Texting a dude in a relationship trying to hook up is pretty firmly on the jerk side of that line.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 8030
Location: Seattle
In other news, biker boy admitted that he had a Freudian slip at work the other day and referred to me as his wife...

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:01 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2332
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
MToes, that is kind of adorable. He's been slow to warm to moving in/marriage, right?

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:29 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 8030
Location: Seattle
Yeah, he doesn't make decisions in a hurry. Which is probably good for us in the long run even though it frustrates me sometimes. When he finally gets there, I know he means it.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:16 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm
Posts: 1972
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
paprikapapaya wrote:
ugh, that's super annoying, AP! This girl totally knows he's married, because I sometimes go with him to the coffee shop and sometimes he tweets about me. She won't favourite those tweets, but literally favourites/comments on ALL of his other tweets. I find it super disrespectful! I'm not going to confront her for the same reasons you said above, but damn do I want to say, "listen lady, he's mine nanananananana"


Have I told you guys that my boyfriend is the bass player in a pretty big danish band? In the beginning it was THE WORST, knowing that basically his job is playing music and then hanging out in bars with fan girls all around him trying all sorts of tricks to get his attention. I've tried someone literally stepping in front of me to flirt with him, and the worst time was once when my friend (who used to be in a relationship with the drummer of the band, that's how I met her) and I was hanging out at a bar with the guys from the band and they were talking to all of these people from the music business and we were having fun at another table. Then at some point I got up and kissed him on my way to the bar and after that, this whole GROUP of girls were just looking at me like they wanted me to disappear.

In the beginning it was pretty hard for me to relax when he was away, but by now I've realized that he wants to be with me and that he finds the desperation of the girls that hang out near them to get their attention INCREDIBLY unsexy and uncharming, which is understandable.
I considered whether we should make it "official" on Facebook (it says I'm married to my friend, because I find the whole idea that you should let people know who you're in a relationship with kind of silly), but I don't want to change things because of other people wanting to have sex with my boyfriend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:03 am 
Offline
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 4412
Location: Brighton, England.
I almost can't deal with how awesome my dude is. He made me the most amazingly perfect playlist whilst I was baking the other day (I couldn't have made a better one myself and I consider myself to be pretty epic at playlists!) and he even went out and got takeout so that I could keep working and not starve. We'll have been together 10 years this September and I still get all butterflyey and excited when I think about him!

_________________
Blog: Vegan.In.Brighton
Twitter: @veganinbrighton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Jojo that's super sweet!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: Berlin
Wow, smoothie, that would be so difficult for me. Glad to hear you're able to deal better with it now though.

_________________
http://www.veganinberlin.com


ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 am 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5752
allularpunk wrote:
Yes, Peter Frampton. And I had to find the original version of it (not a live or extended one) because that's the only one that would do for him for that exact moment. It was pretty adorable.

PPPP, that is annoying. I just found out the other day that there is a girl from T's past that still regularly calls and texts him to try and hook up. Do they know your guy is a married guy? Because that kind of flagrant disregard for someone's significant other is what drives me batty the most. T will tell this girl that no, duh, because he's with me, and she just does not care. I've been dangerously close to confronting her about it, but I know he's not interested and I don't want to start drama where there doesn't need to be.


Why doesn't he block her?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3306
Location: Ireland
Oh jojo! That is so sweet!

Sheesh, I've appreciated many a good-looking guy who is married but never in a million years would I flirt with them! What is wrong with some girls?!

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:59 pm 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 763
Location: chicago
I feel like a mess even though I had a lovely morning and early afternoon, because I haven't had a day off work in like several weeks until today, and it's like all my low-grade tenseness is now just pouring out of me finally in the forms of tears and being mildly irritated with my partner.

Anyway, I got short with him this afternoon and he got real pissed about it, and then we had an angry conversation where I tried to be very reasonable and just tell him why I had been feeling irritated instead of affectionate earlier in the day, and he didn't want to hear it and then went off angrily to do errands alone. And now I feel like a crasshole and am kind of over being upset but now he's not here to hang out with, now that I'm feeling somewhat better. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:30 pm 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7733
Location: Portland
fezza wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Yes, Peter Frampton. And I had to find the original version of it (not a live or extended one) because that's the only one that would do for him for that exact moment. It was pretty adorable.

PPPP, that is annoying. I just found out the other day that there is a girl from T's past that still regularly calls and texts him to try and hook up. Do they know your guy is a married guy? Because that kind of flagrant disregard for someone's significant other is what drives me batty the most. T will tell this girl that no, duh, because he's with me, and she just does not care. I've been dangerously close to confronting her about it, but I know he's not interested and I don't want to start drama where there doesn't need to be.


Why doesn't he block her?


Well, before that, he should probably just tell her to stop calling. Has he done that? Is there a reason if he hasn't?

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 pm 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 763
Location: chicago
electric_claire wrote:
I feel like a mess even though I had a lovely morning and early afternoon, because I haven't had a day off work in like several weeks until today, and it's like all my low-grade tenseness is now just pouring out of me finally in the forms of tears and being mildly irritated with my partner.

Anyway, I got short with him this afternoon and he got real pissed about it, and then we had an angry conversation where I tried to be very reasonable and just tell him why I had been feeling irritated instead of affectionate earlier in the day, and he didn't want to hear it and then went off angrily to do errands alone. And now I feel like a crasshole and am kind of over being upset but now he's not here to hang out with, now that I'm feeling somewhat better. :(


He just came home from his errands, and brought home some lovely cut flowers and a potted succulent that I don't have yet. I guess it's kind of cliche but I am very touched and pretty happy about spending my life with this person.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:40 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4756
Location: zomgz dijk
monkeytoes wrote:
Yeah, he doesn't make decisions in a hurry. Which is probably good for us in the long run even though it frustrates me sometimes. When he finally gets there, I know he means it.


NatureBoy is the same way. In the long run, it is all kinds of wonderful.
Also, what a sweet slip!

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:44 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2332
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
electric_claire wrote:
electric_claire wrote:
I feel like a mess even though I had a lovely morning and early afternoon, because I haven't had a day off work in like several weeks until today, and it's like all my low-grade tenseness is now just pouring out of me finally in the forms of tears and being mildly irritated with my partner.

Anyway, I got short with him this afternoon and he got real pissed about it, and then we had an angry conversation where I tried to be very reasonable and just tell him why I had been feeling irritated instead of affectionate earlier in the day, and he didn't want to hear it and then went off angrily to do errands alone. And now I feel like a crasshole and am kind of over being upset but now he's not here to hang out with, now that I'm feeling somewhat better. :(


He just came home from his errands, and brought home some lovely cut flowers and a potted succulent that I don't have yet. I guess it's kind of cliche but I am very touched and pretty happy about spending my life with this person.


That's so adorable.

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 pm 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:17 am
Posts: 759
Location: Toronto
I feel like the worst, but maybe not legitimately? I got a minor cold, but the only symptoms have been lung things. Namely, mucus and coughing. Maybe it's bronchitis or something, who the hell knows. I'll get it checked out tomorrow if it doesn't get significantly better. It does the annoying thing where I'm almost completely fine except for the occasional cough when up and about, but as soon as I lie down to try and sleep it switches to uncontrollable coughing fits and sleep becomes nearly impossible.

Anyway, the point is, it is the last week of the semester for M, with all of the franticness that accompanies that, and I feel awful for disturbing her sleep at this time (I'd feel bad anyway, but out of any time to disturb sleep this is probably the worst). She insists the coughing doesn't bother her though, so that much is okay I guess. But I'm apparently gunked up in a such a manner than, when I start to drift off to sleep while lying on my back (and only while lying on my back), I make weird breathing noises? Like, just barely vocalized "uh"s on the exhale. This only happens when I'm drifting off to sleep so I'm not aware enough to know what's going on. However, that particular noise crosses the threshold to disturbing M's sleep, and she told me that at 4am at her place (I had not been able to sleep at any point so far, so I guess I had finally started drifting off and that is when M got woken up), so then I felt terrible and tried to sleep on my side but side-sleeping led to more coughing and then I couldn't sleep until at least 6am and felt like shiitake and suggested that we should just sleep at separate places until I'm better because it turns out I can't share a bed while full of lung mucus. It's completely unreasonable but I feel guilty about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 5140
Location: WV
jordanpattern wrote:
fezza wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Yes, Peter Frampton. And I had to find the original version of it (not a live or extended one) because that's the only one that would do for him for that exact moment. It was pretty adorable.

PPPP, that is annoying. I just found out the other day that there is a girl from T's past that still regularly calls and texts him to try and hook up. Do they know your guy is a married guy? Because that kind of flagrant disregard for someone's significant other is what drives me batty the most. T will tell this girl that no, duh, because he's with me, and she just does not care. I've been dangerously close to confronting her about it, but I know he's not interested and I don't want to start drama where there doesn't need to be.


Why doesn't he block her?


Well, before that, he should probably just tell her to stop calling. Has he done that? Is there a reason if he hasn't?


He has told her to stop, she still does. He hasn't blocked her because she does PR for the biggest radio station in our town, and they sometimes have to communicate for business reasons.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:44 pm
Posts: 1415
Location: Boston, MA
After the least romantic proposal ever... I'm engaged!
Which is forking weird to say. I can't tell FB yet (we still have to call a few people first), but I had to tell my other favorite internet group of friends.

The Proposal - I got home from having a few drinks with friends (he'd had a few drinks at home). I told my guy that we should get married, he agreed. But to be "old fashioned" I told him that he had to ask me. Unexpectedly, he asked right then! So then we called our parents at midnight and told them, which confused all of them except my dad. We waited until this morning to have celebratory sex, and it was goooood. So yeah, I'm going to get married! And doing it this way got me out of having to wear an engagement ring (I don't need two rings, the wedding ring is enough).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 am 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8948
Location: Maryland/DC area
Congrats!

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 am 
Offline
ugh
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: north of Boston, MA, USA
Pi. wrote:
After the least romantic proposal ever... I'm engaged!
Which is forking weird to say. I can't tell FB yet (we still have to call a few people first), but I had to tell my other favorite internet group of friends.

The Proposal - I got home from having a few drinks with friends (he'd had a few drinks at home). I told my guy that we should get married, he agreed. But to be "old fashioned" I told him that he had to ask me. Unexpectedly, he asked right then! So then we called our parents at midnight and told them, which confused all of them except my dad. We waited until this morning to have celebratory sex, and it was goooood. So yeah, I'm going to get married! And doing it this way got me out of having to wear an engagement ring (I don't need two rings, the wedding ring is enough).


Congratulations!!

_________________

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 am 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19359
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Congratulations Pi!!!

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:14 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 5140
Location: WV
Whee! Congrats!

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:54 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4728
Location: Toronto, ON
Yay congrats!

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 189  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer