| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 189  Next
 Post subject: Re: Relationship advice, decisions, smiles or tears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:14 am 
WELFARIST!

Yes, Peter Frampton. And I had to find the original version of it (not a live or extended one) because that's the only one that would do for him for that exact moment. It was pretty adorable.

PPPP, that is annoying. I just found out the other day that there is a girl from T's past that still regularly calls and texts him to try and hook up. Do they know your guy is a married guy? Because that kind of flagrant disregard for someone's significant other is what drives me batty the most. T will tell this girl that no, duh, because he's with me, and she just does not care. I've been dangerously close to confronting her about it, but I know he's not interested and I don't want to start drama where there doesn't need to be.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:55 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

ugh, that's super annoying, AP! This girl totally knows he's married, because I sometimes go with him to the coffee shop and sometimes he tweets about me. She won't favourite those tweets, but literally favourites/comments on ALL of his other tweets. I find it super disrespectful! I'm not going to confront her for the same reasons you said above, but damn do I want to say, "listen lady, he's mine nanananananana"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:24 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yuck. Not only is that disrespectful to the significant other, honestly it's also disrespectful of the person you're flirting with. There's a really fine line somewhere between a little mild harmless flirting and making a jerk of yourself. Texting a dude in a relationship trying to hook up is pretty firmly on the jerk side of that line.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 pm 
Dead by dawn

In other news, biker boy admitted that he had a Freudian slip at work the other day and referred to me as his wife...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

MToes, that is kind of adorable. He's been slow to warm to moving in/marriage, right?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:29 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yeah, he doesn't make decisions in a hurry. Which is probably good for us in the long run even though it frustrates me sometimes. When he finally gets there, I know he means it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

paprikapapaya wrote:
ugh, that's super annoying, AP! This girl totally knows he's married, because I sometimes go with him to the coffee shop and sometimes he tweets about me. She won't favourite those tweets, but literally favourites/comments on ALL of his other tweets. I find it super disrespectful! I'm not going to confront her for the same reasons you said above, but damn do I want to say, "listen lady, he's mine nanananananana"

Have I told you guys that my boyfriend is the bass player in a pretty big danish band? In the beginning it was THE WORST, knowing that basically his job is playing music and then hanging out in bars with fan girls all around him trying all sorts of tricks to get his attention. I've tried someone literally stepping in front of me to flirt with him, and the worst time was once when my friend (who used to be in a relationship with the drummer of the band, that's how I met her) and I was hanging out at a bar with the guys from the band and they were talking to all of these people from the music business and we were having fun at another table. Then at some point I got up and kissed him on my way to the bar and after that, this whole GROUP of girls were just looking at me like they wanted me to disappear.

In the beginning it was pretty hard for me to relax when he was away, but by now I've realized that he wants to be with me and that he finds the desperation of the girls that hang out near them to get their attention INCREDIBLY unsexy and uncharming, which is understandable.
I considered whether we should make it "official" on Facebook (it says I'm married to my friend, because I find the whole idea that you should let people know who you're in a relationship with kind of silly), but I don't want to change things because of other people wanting to have sex with my boyfriend.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:03 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I almost can't deal with how awesome my dude is. He made me the most amazingly perfect playlist whilst I was baking the other day (I couldn't have made a better one myself and I consider myself to be pretty epic at playlists!) and he even went out and got takeout so that I could keep working and not starve. We'll have been together 10 years this September and I still get all butterflyey and excited when I think about him!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Jojo that's super sweet!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Wow, smoothie, that would be so difficult for me. Glad to hear you're able to deal better with it now though.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

allularpunk wrote:
Yes, Peter Frampton. And I had to find the original version of it (not a live or extended one) because that's the only one that would do for him for that exact moment. It was pretty adorable.

PPPP, that is annoying. I just found out the other day that there is a girl from T's past that still regularly calls and texts him to try and hook up. Do they know your guy is a married guy? Because that kind of flagrant disregard for someone's significant other is what drives me batty the most. T will tell this girl that no, duh, because he's with me, and she just does not care. I've been dangerously close to confronting her about it, but I know he's not interested and I don't want to start drama where there doesn't need to be.

Why doesn't he block her?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh jojo! That is so sweet!

Sheesh, I've appreciated many a good-looking guy who is married but never in a million years would I flirt with them! What is wrong with some girls?!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:59 pm 
Inflexitarian

I feel like a mess even though I had a lovely morning and early afternoon, because I haven't had a day off work in like several weeks until today, and it's like all my low-grade tenseness is now just pouring out of me finally in the forms of tears and being mildly irritated with my partner.

Anyway, I got short with him this afternoon and he got real pissed about it, and then we had an angry conversation where I tried to be very reasonable and just tell him why I had been feeling irritated instead of affectionate earlier in the day, and he didn't want to hear it and then went off angrily to do errands alone. And now I feel like a crasshole and am kind of over being upset but now he's not here to hang out with, now that I'm feeling somewhat better. :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:30 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

fezza wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Well, before that, he should probably just tell her to stop calling. Has he done that? Is there a reason if he hasn't?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 pm 
Inflexitarian

electric_claire wrote:
I feel like a mess even though I had a lovely morning and early afternoon, because I haven't had a day off work in like several weeks until today, and it's like all my low-grade tenseness is now just pouring out of me finally in the forms of tears and being mildly irritated with my partner.

Anyway, I got short with him this afternoon and he got real pissed about it, and then we had an angry conversation where I tried to be very reasonable and just tell him why I had been feeling irritated instead of affectionate earlier in the day, and he didn't want to hear it and then went off angrily to do errands alone. And now I feel like a crasshole and am kind of over being upset but now he's not here to hang out with, now that I'm feeling somewhat better. :(

He just came home from his errands, and brought home some lovely cut flowers and a potted succulent that I don't have yet. I guess it's kind of cliche but I am very touched and pretty happy about spending my life with this person.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:40 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

monkeytoes wrote:
Yeah, he doesn't make decisions in a hurry. Which is probably good for us in the long run even though it frustrates me sometimes. When he finally gets there, I know he means it.

NatureBoy is the same way. In the long run, it is all kinds of wonderful.
Also, what a sweet slip!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:44 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

electric_claire wrote:
electric_claire wrote:

He just came home from his errands, and brought home some lovely cut flowers and a potted succulent that I don't have yet. I guess it's kind of cliche but I am very touched and pretty happy about spending my life with this person.

That's so adorable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 pm 
Inflexitarian

I feel like the worst, but maybe not legitimately? I got a minor cold, but the only symptoms have been lung things. Namely, mucus and coughing. Maybe it's bronchitis or something, who the hell knows. I'll get it checked out tomorrow if it doesn't get significantly better. It does the annoying thing where I'm almost completely fine except for the occasional cough when up and about, but as soon as I lie down to try and sleep it switches to uncontrollable coughing fits and sleep becomes nearly impossible.

Anyway, the point is, it is the last week of the semester for M, with all of the franticness that accompanies that, and I feel awful for disturbing her sleep at this time (I'd feel bad anyway, but out of any time to disturb sleep this is probably the worst). She insists the coughing doesn't bother her though, so that much is okay I guess. But I'm apparently gunked up in a such a manner than, when I start to drift off to sleep while lying on my back (and only while lying on my back), I make weird breathing noises? Like, just barely vocalized "uh"s on the exhale. This only happens when I'm drifting off to sleep so I'm not aware enough to know what's going on. However, that particular noise crosses the threshold to disturbing M's sleep, and she told me that at 4am at her place (I had not been able to sleep at any point so far, so I guess I had finally started drifting off and that is when M got woken up), so then I felt terrible and tried to sleep on my side but side-sleeping led to more coughing and then I couldn't sleep until at least 6am and felt like shiitake and suggested that we should just sleep at separate places until I'm better because it turns out I can't share a bed while full of lung mucus. It's completely unreasonable but I feel guilty about that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 pm 
WELFARIST!

jordanpattern wrote:
fezza wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Well, before that, he should probably just tell her to stop calling. Has he done that? Is there a reason if he hasn't?

He has told her to stop, she still does. He hasn't blocked her because she does PR for the biggest radio station in our town, and they sometimes have to communicate for business reasons.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

After the least romantic proposal ever... I'm engaged!
Which is forking weird to say. I can't tell FB yet (we still have to call a few people first), but I had to tell my other favorite internet group of friends.

The Proposal - I got home from having a few drinks with friends (he'd had a few drinks at home). I told my guy that we should get married, he agreed. But to be "old fashioned" I told him that he had to ask me. Unexpectedly, he asked right then! So then we called our parents at midnight and told them, which confused all of them except my dad. We waited until this morning to have celebratory sex, and it was goooood. So yeah, I'm going to get married! And doing it this way got me out of having to wear an engagement ring (I don't need two rings, the wedding ring is enough).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 am 
WRETCHED

Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 am 
ugh

Pi. wrote:
After the least romantic proposal ever... I'm engaged!
Which is forking weird to say. I can't tell FB yet (we still have to call a few people first), but I had to tell my other favorite internet group of friends.

The Proposal - I got home from having a few drinks with friends (he'd had a few drinks at home). I told my guy that we should get married, he agreed. But to be "old fashioned" I told him that he had to ask me. Unexpectedly, he asked right then! So then we called our parents at midnight and told them, which confused all of them except my dad. We waited until this morning to have celebratory sex, and it was goooood. So yeah, I'm going to get married! And doing it this way got me out of having to wear an engagement ring (I don't need two rings, the wedding ring is enough).

Congratulations!!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations Pi!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:14 am 
WELFARIST!

Whee! Congrats!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:54 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yay congrats!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 189  Next