| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walk of Shame
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:29 pm 
Chip Strong

what is your definition of the Walk of Shame??

I'm having this debate with a friend.

For me, it is trying to make your way home the morning after a serious drunk night out; and the next day you make the journey home, still drunk with the same clothes on, stinking to high heaven with serious cotton mouth and everyone who sees you knows you were out all night.

Friend says it has to include sex.

what do you think?

Post subject: Re: Walk of Shame
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've always understood it to include sex. What you described would indeed be shameful, but to me, hearing "walk of shame" always connotes a one-night stand.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

it includes sex. thats what youre ashamed about.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:37 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

My definition involves sex, but it's important to remember that not every walk home after sex involve shame. I get irritated if someone calls something I did a walk of shame when I have no shame.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Fee wrote:
My definition involves sex, but it's important to remember that not every walk home after sex involve shame. I get irritated if someone calls something I did a walk of shame when I have no shame.

if youre not ashamed, then you werent drunk enough. which means you just had sex and there is no walk of shame. you probably even have both shoes on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:42 pm 
Chip Strong

It most definitely includes sex, though I recently (by that I mean last night) finished Tucker Max's second book and this girl peed on his bed and he demanded that she come back and pay him for a new mattress (there was a photo, it was the biggest pee stain ever). He called the walk that she did from his door to him on the couch with a manila folder of money she obviously had to ask her dad for, a walk of shame.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:45 pm 
Bought a crop of bad girls

Tucker Max is such a winner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:50 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Fee wrote:

Truth.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:54 pm 
WELFARIST!

This is the only incident in my life that I've ever referred to as a "walk of shame":

First time on a plane, I accidentally sat in the first class section (god forbid!) not really knowing how it worked, that you're supposed to look at your ticket and match the numbers and letters and all that (in my defense, the stewardess just waved in that seat's general direction so I went and sat) and had unwrapped some pricier citizen's plush bwankie and was awaiting the champagne and ginger ale I heard the people in front of me being served (so THIS is what flying's like!) until the stewardess came over with two angry-looking people tapping their foot at me, telling me I was in their spot and after checking my ticket and suddenly understanding how it all worked, I meekly handed back my luxurious blankie for them to sterilize, scooted through the curtains back into "cargo" amongst my impoverished bretheren, where I REALLY belonged with a very sheepish look on my face, and had to walk past all of them who'd just seen me luxuriating in first class before I got the boot and I felt...ashamed as they looked at me pretty smugly as I passed, as if I'd just been caught trying to pull a fast one--when it was all just a naive misundestanding on my part.

Then I settled, shamefaced, into my proper, much less roomier seat and unwrapped my thin-as-a-sheet bwankie. = Walk Of Shame. No sex involved.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

aww. that is definitely a walk of shame!!! I'm embarrassed for you just thinking about it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:26 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

For me, it does not need to include sex, but that can definitely help increase the shame!

(Or depending on who it was with, however sometimes it can make it awesome as well, and not shameful at all!) Does that make sense??? i just deleted half of this more confusing post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Sex. Always sex.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

For me, it includes sex. The shame isn't from the sex, but the fact that you didn't have access to your own bathroom and are sitting on the train with raccoon eyes, a rat's nest, fuzzy teeth, and a jacket that someone spilled beer on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:33 pm 
Chard Martyr

The shame doesn't have to be over the sex. What if I'm ashamed to be seen in the same clothing from the night before, huh? What if the sex was a total win? Still a walk of shame.

edit: mel c posted while I was typing. I concur!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Walk of shame is the journey home after a night of drinking & sex, when you are wearing the same clothes as the night before.

WORST walk of shame ever.....The day after Halloween at University of DE my freshman year. It's 10am in the morning, and I am stumbling across campus in the dominatrix costume I wore out the night before, while the campus is packed with people getting to class. My hair was a disaster with no hair tie to put it up, my heavy dark eye makeup was smeared all over my face, and I'm in knee high boots, snakeskin black booty shorts, a tubetop, and carrying a whip. Worst 15 minute walk of my life.

10 years later though...HILARIOUS.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mel c wrote:
For me, it includes sex. The shame isn't from the sex, but the fact that you didn't have access to your own bathroom and are sitting on the train with raccoon eyes, a rat's nest, fuzzy teeth, and a jacket that someone spilled beer on.

Yep, this. Sex is part of the package, but mostly the shame comes more from being drunk-gross early in the morning while everyone around you is clean and heading to work.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:41 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I loathe this phrase--I've never heard it used for anyone male. It was often used on my college campus when walking from home from another dorm in the morning (I mean, christ on a pogo stick). I've always associated the "shame" part of the phrase to be an insinuated version of "slut." I mean, cottonmouth isn't really shameful, just gross.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:57 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The walk of shame can be done by male or female and always includes sex (and doesn't have to include alcohol)

It the bleary eyed morning when you get out of bed at a girl/guys house and make your way home, stinking with matted hair and all.

And it's not actually shameful, it's just a funny expression.
And there's nothing wrong with being a little slutty from time to time!

Blog: http://blogthejerk.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mikedesert
Band: http://www.myspace.com/hornssf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I always figured that there doesn't necessarily have to have been sex, but the person at least looks like they probably had a lot of drunken sex the night before...as a semi-frequent walk-of-shame-er I always figure even if I wasn't actually sexin, I at least look like it (hair a rat's nest, make-up on sideways, skimpy clothes inappropriate for the time of day...)

The worst are definitely post-Halloween. Nothing good comes of that.

I've heard it applied to men, but I think the reason it is less common is because it is generally harder to tell if a man is just tired or walking home as opposed to women, just because of current styles of clothing, hair, etc...it is generally easier to tell if a woman is wearing last night's clothing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Fizzgig wrote:
I've heard it applied to men, but I think the reason it is less common is because it is generally harder to tell if a man is just tired or walking home as opposed to women, just because of current styles of clothing, hair, etc...it is generally easier to tell if a woman is wearing last night's clothing

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mel c wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:

Yes.

yeah, luckily I wear sneakers and jeans when I go out so no one can tell if I've been out all night or not. A little spit on the finger takes cares of raccoon eyes, and I always have a hairbrush in my purse anyways.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:58 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

WhiskersGal wrote:
Walk of shame is the journey home after a night of drinking & sex, when you are wearing the same clothes as the night before.

WORST walk of shame ever.....The day after Halloween at University of DE my freshman year. It's 10am in the morning, and I am stumbling across campus in the dominatrix costume I wore out the night before, while the campus is packed with people getting to class. My hair was a disaster with no hair tie to put it up, my heavy dark eye makeup was smeared all over my face, and I'm in knee high boots, snakeskin black booty shorts, a tubetop, and carrying a whip. Worst 15 minute walk of my life.

If you're going to do it do it right <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:08 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Son of Seitan wrote:

Agreed on both counts--I just wish "slutty" always had a positive connotation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fezza wrote:
WhiskersGal wrote:

If you're going to do it do it right <3

Seriously people take notes!

I once got caught doing the walk of shame. But I married the guy, so I call redemption.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:09 pm 
Chard Martyr

tinglepants! wrote:
Son of Seitan wrote:

Agreed on both counts--I just wish "slutty" always had a positive connotation.

It does to me.