| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:45 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:41 am
Posts: 1558
Location: "HOLLAND"
Has this been posted yet? "Turn an unshaven, militant, protesting vegan into an actual girl" from Maxim magazine (November 2003). Don't open if you are feeling particularly rage-y today.

http://www.ltcconline.net/lukas/gender/political/pics/political21.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 am 
Offline
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 3398
Location: idontevenknowanymore
Bun wrote:
Has this been posted yet? "Turn an unshaven, militant, protesting vegan into an actual girl" from Maxim magazine (November 2003). Don't open if you are feeling particularly rage-y today.

http://www.ltcconline.net/lukas/gender/political/pics/political21.jpg

haaaahahah, it's about time this vital information was brought to the masses.

actual girls are basically naked? who knew? I'll get the Camaro and wait for all you ladies to become actual girls. I will complete you

_________________
reap/sow, risk/reward


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:11 am 
Offline
Has gasoline in her veins
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 3335
Location: pdx
Wow, THANKS Maxim!

_________________
"I rebuke this thread in the name of Jesus." -Jagadeesh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:35 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 419
Location: Shillington, Pa
damn that dreaded penisocracy!

_________________
True anarchists defy the law of gravity- Adam Kingsbury
Have I yelled Death to the Patriarchy today? -Pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:39 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:41 am
Posts: 1558
Location: "HOLLAND"
joshua wrote:
Bun wrote:
Has this been posted yet? "Turn an unshaven, militant, protesting vegan into an actual girl" from Maxim magazine (November 2003). Don't open if you are feeling particularly rage-y today.

http://www.ltcconline.net/lukas/gender/political/pics/political21.jpg

haaaahahah, it's about time this vital information was brought to the masses.

actual girls are basically naked*? who knew? I'll get the Camaro and wait for all you ladies to become actual girls. I will complete you


And not vegan*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:41 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Vancouver (and not Glasgow)
Bun wrote:
joshua wrote:
Bun wrote:
Has this been posted yet? "Turn an unshaven, militant, protesting vegan into an actual girl" from Maxim magazine (November 2003). Don't open if you are feeling particularly rage-y today.

http://www.ltcconline.net/lukas/gender/political/pics/political21.jpg

haaaahahah, it's about time this vital information was brought to the masses.

actual girls are basically naked*? who knew? I'll get the Camaro and wait for all you ladies to become actual girls. I will complete you


And not vegan*


I saw this somewhere on the feminist and/or vegan blogosphere a few days ago. Maxim is actually horrible. Actually.

_________________
My totally awesome blog : http://vegankitchendiaries.tumblr.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:36 am 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Wales, UK
An actual girl of about 6 years old, judging by the third picture... o.O


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:47 am 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5738
Aaahahahaaaaaa "did you see Cagney & Lacey on lifeline last night?".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:35 am 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6748
Location: Norristown, PA
I wonder if Jennifer Baumgardner knows about this. I reckon she'd be mighty pissed about her quotes being taken out of context like that.

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:42 am 
Offline
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:00 am
Posts: 78
Wow that is heinous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:44 am 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9636
Location: SW Desert, USA
"Avoid phrases like 'bodacious ta-ta's'."
Why? It's such a turn on when someone tells me how bodacious my ta-ta's are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:05 am 
Offline
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1641
Location: Brisbane, Australia
DIES.

The actual text isn't as bad as I thought it would be but I hate the whole 'pretend you are interested' theme going on. Um, hell no, get out!

I'm going to go buy a 'feminist, militant, protesting vegan' shirt and have it rub tightly across my bodacious ta tas.

_________________
Mel makes vegan food


Last edited by Veglicious on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:05 am 
Offline
Chip Strong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:53 pm
Posts: 998
Location: LxFxOxDx/Thrashachusetts
It seriously feels like 2003 was a million years ago to me for some reason.

_________________
"Oh boy. First of all, William Shakespeare's Dildo Liberal Arts College has a great Art History program. Leave them out of this."-Hoveringdog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:45 am 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: PORTLAND!
choirqueer wrote:
I wonder if Jennifer Baumgardner knows about this. I reckon she'd be mighty pissed about her quotes being taken out of context like that.

That was my first thought, too. I'd be horrified. Well I am sort of horrified for her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 am 
Offline
Thinks Stonewall's jerquee tastes GREAT!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:56 am
Posts: 650
Location: the land of port
Hahahaha! I love jokes like this!


It is a joke, right?



...Right?

_________________
"So...does anyone know if animals engage in incest in the wild? Like pack animals. I'm just watching the Lion King and thinking about things." - Fee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 am 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7385
Location: bindlestiff
Yes, but how would one go about turning maxim into an actual magazine?

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 1109
Location: Denver
joyfulgirl wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
I wonder if Jennifer Baumgardner knows about this. I reckon she'd be mighty pissed about her quotes being taken out of context like that.

That was my first thought, too. I'd be horrified. Well I am sort of horrified for her.

No kidding.
But I'm so glad that a guy could potentially cure me of my values and dignity!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:15 am 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Louisiana
ooooooooh no they didn't. this is absurd. Shift her focus? what the fizzle now im pissed.

_________________
Food Stains


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:20 am 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9636
Location: SW Desert, USA
Veglicious wrote:

I'm going to go buy a 'feminist, militant, protesting vegan' shirt and have it rub tightly across my bodacious ta tas.

I want one for my bodacious ta-ta's!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 401
Location: iowa
Uh oh, I don't want to click this. I'm in a good mood and don't want to ruin it. But I know I'm going to be tempted. And then I'll just get all worked up and yell to my empty apartment for a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:09 am 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 652
I must have missed the fact that when I went vegan my vagina disappeared. I'm not an actual girl whah!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:13 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4648
Location: Philadelphia
joyfulgirl wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
I wonder if Jennifer Baumgardner knows about this. I reckon she'd be mighty pissed about her quotes being taken out of context like that.

That was my first thought, too. I'd be horrified. Well I am sort of horrified for her.

This.

The actual "article" is just more of the same dreck from Maxim, a magazine about a magical land where women always wear stilettos with their underwear and don't have pesky things like "thoughts" or "self-worth."

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 am 
Offline
rowdily playing checkers
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 3032
Real women have their navels surgically relocated six inches to the right.

_________________
"Tits are inconsequential, but someone pass me that kitten" ~ papayapaprikás


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:24 am 
Offline
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 2141
Location: detroit, mi
I'm already have an "everything is annoying" morning so I'm going to save myself the rage of clicking on that.

Grrrrr.

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to cure a feminist.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:27 am 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3874
Location: PORTLAND!
just mumbles wrote:
Real women have their navels surgically relocated six inches to the right.

I didn't notice that before. Now I can't stop looking at it and the picture is freaking me out.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], orlando, RunLonger and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer