| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Dubious Claim to Not-Quite-Fame
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:22 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

UM. GUYS.

I was just reading through http://lilbub.com when I saw a music video posted that LIL BUB was the star of! So I thought, duh I'll watch that, oh and it happens to be some pretty cool musicians.

Then it was like

UM HAI WE FILMED THIS WHOLE VIDEO A COUPLE HOUSES AWAY FROM YOU AND AT THE PARK YOU AND YOUR DOG GO TO AND THE LAUNDROMAT NEXT DOOR AND OH LOOK THERE'S ALL THESE PEOPLE IN IT YOU KNOW BECAUSE THEY SHOP ALL THE TIME AT YOUR WORK OH HAI.

So, I have been in the same places as LIL BUB. He was probably walking right past my house at some point that I was inside my house!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That video and song are both really awesome.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:21 am 
Nailed to the V

oh, I am typing this from London where I am for the July 1st Canadian celebrations ... I went to high school, was in the Drama Club with Donna Thomson who is married to a former High Commissioner for Canada so I of course know the Queen!

I have also known and been neighbours (just a two minute walk) with someone who appears for about 7 seconds! (everyone has to start somewhere) in this film sitting on a staircase playing his trumpet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJCXTbHR9ww

He has also had used the bathtub here! His former wife removed the tub from the house he uses as his law office leaving only a shower.

oh wait! I have seen Stephen Hawking buzzing along Trinity Street in his chair & I know someone who has moved his ex-wife AND his daughter several times.

I am trembling from the glory that surrounds me ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:23 am 
Nailed to the V

Butternut wrote:
It took me ten pages to remember something that is not related to my work so I could actually share it...

Louzilla wrote:
Alice Cooper and his band once stayed the night at my dad's house (back when my dad still lived with his parents, and before AC was big).

Alice Cooper stayed at my partner's dad's apartment after a show.

Also, Chelsea Clinton was in my algebra class in middle school.

Did Alice bring his serpent along with him?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:48 pm 

I'm seriously confused why more people aren't acting VERY EXCITED over my PROXIMITY ONE TIME to LIL BUB.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mars wrote:
I'm seriously confused why more people aren't acting VERY EXCITED over my PROXIMITY ONE TIME to LIL BUB.

Uh, I am.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:52 pm 
Chip Strong

My partner's older sister's friend dated Heath Ledger (I'm from Perth, Western Australia, so pretty much everyone I know from there has some kind of Heath Ledger connection. He also went to the "brother school" of my highschool).
Also my partner looks kinda like a prettier version of Heath Ledger.

Another Perth connection is that (ex? I can't keep up) AFL player Ben Cousins came and spoke at my highschool. This was before all of the drug revelations came out. He was pretty inarticulate as far as I can remember. I have no idea why he was there to talk to us.

I once had a taxi driver who had worked with Shirley Bassey, Meatloaf, Whitney Houston, and some others. Maybe as a driver? I'm not totally sure. He said that Meatloaf vomited backstage before his show.

When we were working in Hong Kong, one of my bands played an impromptu set at an exhibition opening. We were referenced in a music magazine as a group of "sweaty, hairy people" (half of us had dreadlocks or some kind of feral hairdo, and most of the guys had huge beards - not overly practical in HK summer) playing percussion on bins (it was a junk percussion troupe, we did that sort of thing a lot). Luckily they didn't name our band because under our contract we weren't sposed to be performing anywhere else.
This same band has also opened for Ozomatli (before I joined), and the Herd, and a bunch of other bands. Also I heard that they played at the Hopman Cup recently, although I wasn't there for that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:03 pm 
Nooch of Earl

My friend was in the paper yesterday. I think this makes him, like, the Brad Pitt of transit external communication employees.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130701 ... ur-f-bombs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I met Sonny and Cher when I was about three.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:26 am 
Saggy Butt

I'm bumping this to announce that a friend of mine from high school is going to be in the new Divergent movie. not a huge role, but big enough that she has a bunch of facebook pictures of her eye forking theo james!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:41 am 
Impressive boner

The Creepshow dedicated a song to my band on 11 August. I wasn't there to see it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:59 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

A decade or so ago, I was at Fresh and Wild in Notting Hill. Heath Ledger and Naomi Watts were there having lunch. They were dating at the time and when they got up to browse the store, she left her purse under her chair. I called out "Ma'am" and she smiled appreciatively.

I also saw Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson shopping in Austin when they were dating. She said that her Mom collects art with heart symbolism.

Madonna's bodyguard pushed me as she was leaving a play she was starring in. That was not cool.

Such random memories I haven't thought of in ages! Fun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I hung out with Britney Spears' bodyguard, Mo, on a plane back from Israel once. I was on a youth group trip, and one of the other girls on my trip recognized him. He'd been there guarding a minister who was researching a book. The other girl from my trip introduced herself to him and the guys he was with, and then, since there was nothing else to do on a 10 hour plane ride, and most of the other passengers were sleeping, a few of us hung out with them in first class for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:52 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Someone recognized me in a Chipotle for my vegan blog. It was hilarious (read: freaky).

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:53 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

One of my classmates from high school played in the last Superbowl for the Ravens. One of my distant relatives was the 13th person on the Mayflower. Also, somehow I'm supposedly related to Walt Disney through marriage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:58 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

My dad is an antique dealer, and when I was in high school he sold a radio to Crocodile Dundee (aka Paul Hogan). I answered the phone when he called, but didn't know who it was until afterward.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:41 pm 

So I get recognized a lot in Portland because of where I work. It's a popular grocery store and my position has me stationed directly in the entrance surrounded by a ton of beautiful flowers, I'm hard to miss. So all the time people who walk by me or something will be like "heeeeey [XY] flower guy!" Or stop me and ask "do I know you from somewhere? ... Oh yeah, you're that [XY] flower guy!!". Well, my crush and I were talking about something that made me think to bring that up, basically telling him just what I said here. And then about 30 minutes later while still on our date someone comes up to me and asks me that! Hah. 'Twas amusing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:04 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm named Jeanne d'Arc, after Joan of Arc. (Who, apparently, loads of English-speakers believe to be Noah's wife. Because, you know. Arc, Ark). This name is mostly - if not only - used in Quebec, and was fashionable sixty years before I was born (so I never met another Jeanne d'Arc). Some of my English-speaking aunts can't get my French name right and keep writing it Jeanne Dark. I told that to my friends, who found it hilarious, and one started calling me Lady Dark (which he knows to be irony because in truth I'm this quiet, shy little woman who speaks in a nearly inaudible voice and likes to read Little House on the Prairie or watch ballet).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:15 am 
Baking In The Flavor

When I was in 5th grade, my teacher signed our class up for this town sponsored contest where we were all assigned a local business and on a certain size piece of paper, we were supposed to draw an advertisement for that business. The local business I was assigned was the local "Chicken Delight" franchise (they have a handful of locations in northern NJ). They are a crappy fried chicken and pizza take out joint. When I got home that night I whipped out my crayolas and drew a chicken in a baseball uniform and wrote the slogan "Don't cook tonight, call Chicken Delight". Well I ended up winning the contest and my picture was in the local community paper that nobody reads. But here's the thing... They forking took my slogan and still use it to this day!!!! And they never gave me any acknowledgement or anything!!! Every time I went there in high school, and waited in line like every other anonymous customer I would get so pissed about the whole thing! What made it worse is that all of my friends later in life don't believe me. They always say something along the lines of "I'm sure you just used their slogan that already existed and are remembering it wrong". To which I would always react by getting visibly pissed, which people find funny, which I'm turn peas me off more, which... You get the point. In my mid twenties when I thought this was all behind me... This one-off Chicken Delight knockoff opens up a few towns over called Chicken Galore. And these sons of bisques used a knockoff of my slogan "Don't cook no more, call Chicken Galore". I know it sounds silly but every time I drive past a Chicken Delight or that shady asparagus Chicken Galore, I want to drop in, give them a piece of my mind, and call them out for exploiting me as a child and stealing my intellectual property.

Just another good reason to be vegan... F*CK Chicken Delight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:03 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Tynamite wrote:
When I was in 5th grade, my teacher signed our class up for this town sponsored contest where we were all assigned a local business and on a certain size piece of paper, we were supposed to draw an advertisement for that business. The local business I was assigned was the local "Chicken Delight" franchise (they have a handful of locations in northern NJ). They are a crappy fried chicken and pizza take out joint. When I got home that night I whipped out my crayolas and drew a chicken in a baseball uniform and wrote the slogan "Don't cook tonight, call Chicken Delight". Well I ended up winning the contest and my picture was in the local community paper that nobody reads. But here's the thing... They forking took my slogan and still use it to this day!!!! And they never gave me any acknowledgement or anything!!! Every time I went there in high school, and waited in line like every other anonymous customer I would get so pissed about the whole thing! What made it worse is that all of my friends later in life don't believe me. They always say something along the lines of "I'm sure you just used their slogan that already existed and are remembering it wrong". To which I would always react by getting visibly pissed, which people find funny, which I'm turn peas me off more, which... You get the point. In my mid twenties when I thought this was all behind me... This one-off Chicken Delight knockoff opens up a few towns over called Chicken Galore. And these sons of bisques used a knockoff of my slogan "Don't cook no more, call Chicken Galore". I know it sounds silly but every time I drive past a Chicken Delight or that shady asparagus Chicken Galore, I want to drop in, give them a piece of my mind, and call them out for exploiting me as a child and stealing my intellectual property.

Just another good reason to be vegan... F*CK Chicken Delight

I hope you became vegan just to spite them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 am 
Grandfathered In

Don't even cook—try the Chicken Nook.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:32 am 
Impressive boner

Too busy with your frottage? Call the Chicken Cottage!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I can't remember if I've said here that I used to have the same babysitter as Jason Priestly. Well I saw this weekend and I was like "OMG JASON PRIESTLY BABYYSITTER!" but I couldn't remember her name and we awkwardly had a conversation that led to her telling me that I'm not the only one who just remembers her as Jason Priestly babysitter. I felt really bad!

I'm booking a private event at work for a celeb and I'm sworn to secrecy. It's killing me! It's not even THAT exciting, but being sworn to secrecy is cool. I also really hope I get some sort of present or monetary thank you because the client is filthy rich.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:00 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I once drank patron with Miley Cyrus' make-up artist.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:21 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I forgot about this until the bf and I started rewatching STNG recently, but I once had to turn Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher) away because she came banging on the door of our store (in Seattle) a half an hour before we were open, insisting that we let her in early because she was in a hurry to catch a flight and needed to buy gifts. Yeah, no.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next