| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Check out this awesome gem of a message I received on Ye
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Mushrooni wrote:
I don't offer my UNEDUCATED opinion on paintin.

This part cracks me up the most.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

mrsbadmouth wrote:
What a dick. I don't have a lot of reviews on Yelp, but I always say i'm posting them from a vegan perspective to help other vegans.

And it's people like you who I thank when I check out Yelp for vegan-specific reviews.

So, um yeah...thank you.

:)

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

[quote="Mushrooni"] I've never held a paintbrush in my life, so I don't offer my UNEDUCATED opinion on paintin.
quote]

Speaking of UNEDUCATED, this jerk doesn't even know how to formulate an appropriate analogy. According to him, you don't eat food at all, therefore you should not review food. Or, more specifically, you do not use food utensils...

What kind of person is seriously that insecure about his food choices that he has to anonymously attack someone who wasn't even talking about or to him? Weird...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 pm 
Grandfathered In

So in his one yelp review, all he says about the food is that it has (presumably good) quality?

That's not much of a restaurant review.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm 
Huffs Nooch

paprikapapaya wrote:
Ha! What a douche. I can't even wrap my mind around his logic. For the record, almost nothing bothers me as much as people using the word "princess" in that way. It makes me stabby.

Yeah, that was when I decided to block him after sending my last message. I didn't so much mind the ignorance and holier-than-thou approach, as I responded in kind and with sarcasm, but then the "princess" and "moron" so I juvenile-ly followed up with "dolt" and blocked. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm 
Huffs Nooch

organarchy wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
What a dick. I don't have a lot of reviews on Yelp, but I always say i'm posting them from a vegan perspective to help other vegans.

And it's people like you who I thank when I check out Yelp for vegan-specific reviews.

So, um yeah...thank you.

:)

Exactly! Thank you mrsbadmouth! That's why I write my reviews. Out of boredom and to hopefully help other vegans/vegetarians. Also I personally review virtually everything - malls, bars, drugstores, grocery stores, make-up counters. Keeps me occupied and off the streets!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:49 pm 
Huffs Nooch

hopshackgirl wrote:
Mushrooni wrote:
I've never held a paintbrush in my life, so I don't offer my UNEDUCATED opinion on paintin.
quote]

Speaking of UNEDUCATED, this jerk doesn't even know how to formulate an appropriate analogy. According to him, you don't eat food at all, therefore you should not review food. Or, more specifically, you do not use food utensils...

What kind of person is seriously that insecure about his food choices that he has to anonymously attack someone who wasn't even talking about or to him? Weird...

THIS so hard!

I sincerely would've been much kinder in my response to his initial message if it hadn't been so condescending. I can totally get someone not understanding why the heck a vegan would bother to put in her two cents on a place that isn't meant to accommodate her. My reviews sometimes subtly state (or blatantly) that maybe a restaurant SHOULD account for more diverse dietary lifestyles. Or even if I go to a meat-centric place, obviously not of my choosing, but perhaps a friend's wedding reception or work function, I will review the vegetables that were prepared for me and whether they were tasty or not. I've definitely never used Yelp as a platform to dispense my views on animal cruelty so yes, this guy does seem extremely insecure that he felt so seriously about all of this.

Anyway, thank you all for "getting me." Makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:04 pm 
Dead by dawn

Is there not room on yelp for pretentious douchewaffles with sophisticated tastebuds to review meaty food and veg*ns to chime in about which restaurants are accomodating (and review non-meaty foods)? I don't see what this guy's issue is. Oh yeah, Defensive Omnivore Syndrome. He should really get himself some ointment for that...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Mushrooni wrote:

This is his one review:
A little too-cool-for-school, but I giive props to the creativity of the design and the quality of the food. The staff really does turn me off. Nobody smiles and people without mustaches or visible tattoos can be lost in the shuffle. I used to live in Brooklyn and I'd run into the same crepe there. Everyone is too cool or important for thier job and they're all doing you a favor by serving you until thier band takes off. I'm still looking for a single redeemable quality in these east-side hipsters....

About East Side Show Room in Austin, Texas. So I think he probably stumbled across my review (that was about the drinks, the bartender, service, appearance of the venue, the music, etc.) that mentioned that I hadn't eaten the food there, but I did spy vegetarian, possibly vegan options on the menu so interested parties should note that. That probably bothered this guy somehow? Although many people have reviewed that venue without sampling the food.

I would post his profile, but it has like no information and I don't actually encourage harassment of this dolt. I just found the whole exchange with him rather curious and offensive. I'm sure he hates vegans all the more now!

Yeah, honestly if someone thinks they're better/smarter than someone but can't spell.... I don't have anything to say to them. Maybe this guy should spend less time being hateful and more time reading a book.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

monkeytoes wrote:
He should really get himself some ointment for that...

Funniest thing I've heard all day!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:20 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

hopshackgirl wrote:

Yeah, that bit is so baffling.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

hopshackgirl wrote:
Mushrooni wrote:
I've never held a paintbrush in my life, so I don't offer my UNEDUCATED opinion on paintin.
Quote:

Plus, there are plenty of people who critique art who may themselves have never held a paintbrush. We call them art critics. It's a whole profession and shiitake.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:06 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So, according to his logic, I can't give an educated review of a novel because I've never written one? Yes, great logic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I use Yelp for promoting work events sometimes, and have a vegan-in-Denver list that a bunch of people have sent me really nice messages about, so I don't think it's a total loss as a website. That said, this conversation happened in the Denver talk section, and omigod are people full of themselves.

Some gems:

Quote:
After reading several Vegan's reviews on local joints in the area, I decided to do a little research of my own. I have several years experience in the food industry and think its funny when someone who has a gluten allergy goes to an Italian restaurant, a vegetarian to a steakhouse and frankly a vegan, well...anywhere. I understand what it is to be vegan, and know how difficult it is to eat out...but show some understanding.. Establishing flavor is difficult when using only plant based products and putting vegan menu items on the menu is risky. I see so many vegan's ready to bash any restaraunt that even thinks of serving a vegan dish. I'm not trying to start a war with vegan's. I just think someone might be suspect who doesn't eat cheese. I mean no cheese? Makes you wonder. I think these days people strive to be different or think its cool or trendy to be vegan...FYI..its not... I also have spoken with a family doctor and read several atricles on the subject...

Quote:
I think Yelp is the wrong place for a Vegan (IMO)
It's about experiencing food. It seems like it would be very hard to experience food, If you can't eat half of it.
I personally could never do it. I have had some very good vegetarian dishes before though.
To answer your initial question..Not to Vegan.

Ultimately, I think the veg*ns won the thread. And that's cool.