| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help! Problems with ipad storage
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've got an ipad 3 running iOs 7.1. Everything has been fine, until today, I started getting "storage almost full" warnings. When I go to look at my usage the thing using up the most storage is "Calendars and Reminders". The weird thing about this is I don't even use the native calendar app or the reminders. The other weird thing about this is that in the hour or so I've been wrestling with this, it's grown from using 1.4 GB to using 2.5 GB and now it's using 3.7 GB. I freed up some bytes by deleting some books from ibooks, and now it's eating away at the storage I freed up. I've seen online that other people have had this problem, but have yet to find a solution. Help! This is going to render my ipad unusable in no time!

Has anyone experienced this and found a way to fix it? Or are there any Apple mavens out there who might have an idea what's causing this and how I can stop it?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Help! Problems with ipad storage
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:11 pm 
WRETCHED

If I were you, I'd probably save everything, then reset the ipad, then restore it with everything except calendars and reminders.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:12 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Yeah, reset and restore it... I've had to do that a few times with my phone.

You may also try unchecking the option to sync calendars and stuff in iTunes. You can also go to the Settings, and under iCloud turn off Calendars and reminders. Finally, in Settings -> "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," you may have any accounts you've set up listed. Each of those has a calendar option that you can turn off as well.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:41 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thanks guys. I was hoping to avoid having to do a reset, but that may not be possible. What worries me is that I saw that other people continued to have the problem even after a reset (the calendar and reminders are native apps so you can't not restore them). In any case, the problem seems to have reversed itself overnight and now it's back to 1.5 GB (which is still more than it's ever been but better than it was) so I may hold out and see what happens.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]