| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 618  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 am 
Chard Martyr

Speaking of hurling oneself into traffic, the other day I was driving (on a highway, a minor one, but still) and this guy who didn't at first appear inebriated started walking in to the four lane traffic. Luckily we were slowing for a stoplight, so everyone was able to avoid him. I rolled down my window and asked if he was okay, and he ran up to the driver's side window and immediately I could tell he was really high--probably meth--and he put his hands inside my car on the open window and growled at me. It was more startling than scary, and everyone around was honking because the light had turned. He eventually made it to the meridian but I still worry how he fared on the other side, and if I should have done something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I read boober's email from her mom last night before going to bed and had this long nightmare that my mom kept mocking me and then slapping me over and over.

Moral of the story is that I'm sorry about your mom, boober. That's truly kind of a nightmare and I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

One of my student loan payments just shot up unexpectedly, from $100 to almost $200. And the unexpected amount is almost exactly what I'm short to pay another one of my loans. I'm gonna have to call them and ask if I can just pay what I can afford now and get the rest on the next payment. But this means that I'm gonna have to put even more money towards my loans than I already do - I'm looking at nearly half of my paycheck going to my student loans. I need a new job.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My mother in law passed away yesterday at 82. I can't say I have ever been very close to her since she didn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish, but for the 20+ years I have known her she was always nice to me, feeding me lots of rice and beans and always having the hot sauce ready for me.

I worry about my husband as I am not sure how I can help him cope, but he seems all right. I wish I could do something, you know? He was with her when she died.

Funny thing is, her mother is still alive and kicking, at 105.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 pm 
And you never will.

Mars wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
Thanks you guys! I wish someone like one of you had been there, they might have saved me from nearly having a heart attack. The more I think about it, the more I just can't understand NOT stopping a kid running toward traffic. It boggles the mind.

You were actively aware of the situation, they were not. It takes the mind a bit to process that kind of thing, dots are not always so easy to connect. I'm sure as soon as/if the wheels would have clicked they would have intervened.

You are right, of course. I guess I'm mostly thinking about two people who were standing by the door he ran out of and who were obviously watching us, but I still can't blame them for not really processing what was happening.

And boober, I keep wanting to say something about your mom's email but none of my words come out right. My mother has written pretty similar stuff to me, and written some terrible stuff to everyone in my family about me that I only know about because my sister showed it to me, and it sucks. I just... god, I'm just so sorry that people have to deal with shiitake like this and you deserve so much better. You are so great, and it's not okay, and... I love you <3

My worst thing is that I have so much unhappiness and so many things I need to talk through with someone, and I realized that I have no one in my life who I can trust. I am totally forking alone. So, tonight I am talking to a bottle of vodka. It doesn't give very good advice, but damn if it isn't a great listener.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:05 am 
Chard Martyr

rachell37 wrote:
I'm looking at nearly half of my paycheck going to my student loans. I need a new job.

Me too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I feel so sad, flat and defeated. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I'd wager the weather is playing a big role

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 am 
Impressive boner

poopiebitch wrote:
My worst thing is that I have so much unhappiness and so many things I need to talk through with someone, and I realized that I have no one in my life who I can trust. I am totally forking alone. So, tonight I am talking to a bottle of vodka. It doesn't give very good advice, but damn if it isn't a great listener.

I'm so sorry you're alone :(
Can you not talk with your sisters or Mr Poopie?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

poopiebitch wrote:
Mars wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
Thanks you guys! I wish someone like one of you had been there, they might have saved me from nearly having a heart attack. The more I think about it, the more I just can't understand NOT stopping a kid running toward traffic. It boggles the mind.

You were actively aware of the situation, they were not. It takes the mind a bit to process that kind of thing, dots are not always so easy to connect. I'm sure as soon as/if the wheels would have clicked they would have intervened.

You are right, of course. I guess I'm mostly thinking about two people who were standing by the door he ran out of and who were obviously watching us, but I still can't blame them for not really processing what was happening.

And boober, I keep wanting to say something about your mom's email but none of my words come out right. My mother has written pretty similar stuff to me, and written some terrible stuff to everyone in my family about me that I only know about because my sister showed it to me, and it sucks. I just... god, I'm just so sorry that people have to deal with shiitake like this and you deserve so much better. You are so great, and it's not okay, and... I love you <3

I'm so sorry, Poopie! <3 Love to you. You have more friends than you realize.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:02 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I woke up to a terrible email from my sister this morning, and just had a terrible conversation with her on the phone. My sister is made of awesome. My mom, however, is pulling the same old bullshiitake tricks she did to me in high school and college (basically: instead of addressing the actual issue which she created, she's being a mean girl just like the tweens in that movie) . . . but on my grandma and my sister. Really? . . . Really? My sister can totally handle herself, but NO ONE pulls that kind of shiitake on my grandma. I'm so furious and astounded, I don't even know where to start or what to do.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 pm 
And you never will.

8ball wrote:
I'm so sorry you're alone :(
Can you not talk with your sisters or Mr Poopie?

Thank you. Unfortunately, my sisters and I have more of a social-only relationship. And I can't really talk to mr poopie either.

Vantine wrote:
I'm so sorry, Poopie! <3 Love to you. You have more friends than you realize.

<3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:48 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

joshua wrote:
I feel so sad, flat and defeated. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I'd wager the weather is playing a big role

no :( if josh is sad, what hope is there for the rest of us?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

joshua wrote:

rolling pin: 1, brosh: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:30 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Some friends of mine have put me in a really forked up situation that I decided I don't want to put the deals of on the internet but I'll just say that it's a situation where accommodations for my disabilities that I was assured wouldn't be a problem are not going to be made, and I was not informed until it was way too late to come up with a good back-up plan. It's definitely not the first time this has happened, so now I'm kind of feeling like it's my own fault for trusting them, which is so forked up on so many levels.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am 
Semen Strong

((((Hugs CQ))))

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 am 
Chard Martyr

One of my sweetest and most sensitive friends/coworker drove me to tears tonight. She was totally just making a light-hearted joking remark and would never in a million years want to hurt me, but it was the wrong place at the wrong time and I couldn't mask my emotions because I SUCK at that, and then it hurt her to know she'd hurt me, which is so unfair because she wasn't being nasty at all. We are so alike which makes us amazing friends, but also so tortured with each other because we're both a good mix between way too sensitive and sometimes awkward in social situations. But anyway, I love her and I hope she doesn't feel badly at my reaction. It all sounds so melodramatic written out, but the thing is we've been through a lot together in the past few months, and she is a really, really, really special person/friend.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:46 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I'm sorry your friends screwed you over CQ. You don't deserve that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh CQ, I am so sorry. If there is anything I can do to help... please let me know.

I coughed so hard I popped a rib and breathing is awful. I am still coughing and in so much pain.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

My stepdad once again making it very clear that I am not his daughter so he doesn't have to treat me the same as my stepsister.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I lost the bracelet my parents gave me for my 21st birthday and which I've pretty much worn every day for 20 years. And it's my own fault. The clasp broke but I was lucky enough to spot it on the floor under my desk. I was in a rush so I just shoved it in my bag, loose, until I could get to a jewellers. Got to the jewellers and its gone. Probably fell out when I was getting something else out of my bag. Stupid stupid idiot. I'm gutted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:08 am 
Chard Martyr

Efcliz wrote:
I lost the bracelet my parents gave me for my 21st birthday and which I've pretty much worn every day for 20 years. And it's my own fault. The clasp broke but I was lucky enough to spot it on the floor under my desk. I was in a rush so I just shoved it in my bag, loose, until I could get to a jewellers. Got to the jewellers and its gone. Probably fell out when I was getting something else out of my bag. Stupid stupid idiot. I'm gutted.

Oh shoot! I lost an important necklace yesterday. The chain broke and I stupidly put it in my coat pocket that everything falls out of. It might be somewhere in my car but it's more likely that I'll never see it again. It's really gutting to lose jewelry given by loved ones, and I seem to be a pro at it. I hope yours turns up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My jaw hurt so much I couldn't talk to my grandma on the phone, and she was too sick to talk to me. I hummed "I love you" and that's it. Sucks. (Well, better than not being able to hum at all, I guess, but sucks to still hurt so much and sucks that grandma's sick, etc.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:44 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Spoiler tagging because it relates to Doctors & my uterus.

Spoiler: show
Woke up in a panic tonight because of my doctor's appointment yesterday. I had a pap smear done that had some abnormal cells last time I was at the doctor (slightly over a year ago) but that said not to worry and just make sure to come back in a year. So I got another pap smear done and my doctor was like 'and hopefully there's nothing wrong this time! So of course now I'm freaking myself out. Also,I could totally feel whatever it was in my uterus. Or at least, i'm convinced that's what it was.So strange.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lillianp wrote:

Woke up in a panic tonight because of my doctor's appointment yesterday. I had a pap smear done that had some abnormal cells last time I was at the doctor (slightly over a year ago) but that said not to worry and just make sure to come back in a year. So I got another pap smear done and my doctor was like 'and hopefully there's nothing wrong this time! So of course now I'm freaking myself out. Also,I could totally feel whatever it was in my uterus. Or at least, i'm convinced that's what it was.So strange.

I had one of those when I was 19. I had to go back every 6 months for 2 years but all was fine. I think it happens more often than we might think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Vantine wrote:
lillianp wrote:

I had one of those when I was 19. I had to go back every 6 months for 2 years but all was fine. I think it happens more often than we might think.

Thanks Vantine! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 618  Next