| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 443, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:02 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Picking up my dog's shiitake from our elevator with my bare hands this morning (posted in confessions thread) actually wasn't the worst thing about my day. That honor goes to the psycho who, after trying to force me off the freeway for changing into his lane, tried to scam me into thinking he was a cop by flashing a badge and gesturing for me to pull over. Yeah, like I'm going to believe that someone who's driving a plain white van is a cop and pull over so he can do something bad (carjack, rob, who knows) to me. I laughed and waved him away then called 911 and reported him.

I'm used to extremely aggressive and horrible drivers here but that was a step above. Amazingly, something similar actually happened when I was 15 and driving with my dad with my permit. After that happened he told me to never pull over for anyone who's not in a police car and to call the police if someone else ever tries to pull me over even of they have sirens...thanks dad for the good advice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My worst thing is moving to a new job, which isn't bad in and of itself, but I HATE not knowing what to do or how to do it. I have absolutely no experience in this area and I feel like an incompetent dummy. I know I'll learn, I know in a few months this will all come together, but right now I am mystified most of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Chronic pain really sucks. It sucks that I am flaring, physically, mentally and emotionally. But if the worst thing about my day is non-debilitating pain, then I really can't complain too much.

Though driving home in heavy snow really gets me in a lather. Thank heavens I don't have to drive very far anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:26 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Desdemona wrote:
I know - I just can't shake it; it's...I can't articulate it properly. Thanks again to all of you for being so kind; I'm not going to pretend I'm not having a very difficult time right now. I don't know if I mentioned in my initial post that this week is the 6th anniversary of when my father went into the hospital and never came out, so the bad associations were there before all this stuff started happening. The random unkindness and/or indifference of the universe is weighing heavily on me just now, and I truly appreciate being able to come here and lay some of it down. The compassion and generosity of this community in times of need is one of the many things I love about the PPK. xoxo

I'm so sorry. Big hugs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:48 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

The 19 year old came home after work last night (at 10) And didn't like being caught in a lie. he also thinks that because he is working, he no longer has to follow the house rules. So the fight went on until he was asked to leave for the night.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 pm 
Inflexitarian

This has been the worst week. First of all I've been having breathing problems and was in and out of the ER and doctors all week. I've had four steroid shots.
Then, I was up til 3 am with anxiety after an argument last night and being ignored instead of being allowed to talk about it. Then I had to teach my classes all day and all my difficult students are back so it's been totally un-pleasant. I got hit twice today and bit once. I broke my crock pot lid when I was leaving from lunch. I had training after school and ended up getting stiffed on the pay we were supposed to get. Now I'm being called names because I'm too tired to want to go bowling. I just want to cry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Hope things get better for everyone. My bad day: showing up to walk dogs at the shelter and finding out they euthanized a feral cat I previously offered to try and socialize (made me cry) and both dogs I was responsible for walking got their collars/gentle leaders off. And one of them cracked me in the nose. I'm not a big drinker, but a screwdriver called out to me when I got home.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:29 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Headache all day :(. And I took a nap this afternoon (because of the headache), so I probably won't sleep well tonight. No big deal in the grand scheme of things, but frustrating!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 pm 
Married to the wolfman

assilembob wrote:
This has been the worst week. First of all I've been having breathing problems and was in and out of the ER and doctors all week. I've had four steroid shots.
Then, I was up til 3 am with anxiety after an argument last night and being ignored instead of being allowed to talk about it. Then I had to teach my classes all day and all my difficult students are back so it's been totally un-pleasant. I got hit twice today and bit once. I broke my crock pot lid when I was leaving from lunch. I had training after school and ended up getting stiffed on the pay we were supposed to get. Now I'm being called names because I'm too tired to want to go bowling. I just want to cry.

That is total shiitake. :[ Sorry, I hope next week is better.

My worst thing is that I thought I had finally resolved to get back in touch with an estranged friend after about 5 years of no talking.... For various reasons, it's not a great idea, but I really want to at least apologize to him. I don't think we'll ever be able to be friends again, as much as I might want to be, but... I want to at least say sorry and have for some time and like I said, I thought I'd resolved to do so.

So I was looking for the last email we'd exchanged, probably in 2008.

And I don't have it anymore. I don't have any email from before 2010. I have no idea why I would have deleted it. I never delete anything! So not only have I lost his email address but also several years of email with him. It's... Crushing.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Trying to enjoy a movie (Side Effects) over two people talking in front of us and a 5 year old with his parents a row over chatting away. Who brings their forking 5 year old to a movie like this?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 am 
Ninja Master

I'm away for work and I think I'm getting ill! NOOOO. It's freezing here and it's really long days of walking around, it's bad enough when I don't feel like crepe.

There's no shops around either to buy stuff to dose myself up with. eh.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:00 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

missmuffcake wrote:
Trying to enjoy a movie (Side Effects) over two people talking in front of us and a 5 year old with his parents a row over chatting away. Who brings their forking 5 year old to a movie like this?

When my husband & I went to see Life of Pi a couple had a small screamy baby in the cinema. They left after two or three long crying fits but really, who thinks that's okay? There are special screenings here especially for people with babies too!

Baps that sounds rubbish, I hope your day got better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Ugh ugh ugh a wee seed got planted in my mind and now it's starting to spiral out of control and I'm feeling sick to my stomach over it. Boy related, as always.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

There's a person who has done shitty things to friends of mine, and friends' pets (neglect rather than all-out abuse, but still really not ok) in my house for the night.
I guess it's another evening of hiding in my room!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

On the downside, I woke up to my second day of frequent, scary dizzy spells. On the plus side, I also woke up with an earache and have begun taking appropriate meds and seeing a little improvement. I had awful nightmares of growing tumors and thoughts of spending my savings on health services since I am uninsured.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:27 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

jdfunks wrote:
On the downside, I woke up to my second day of frequent, scary dizzy spells. On the plus side, I also woke up with an earache and have begun taking appropriate meds and seeing a little improvement. I had awful nightmares of growing tumors and thoughts of spending my savings on health services since I am uninsured.

Just in case this doesn't cure the dizziness entirely, I had some massive, awful dizziness last year and my massage therapist did the Epley Maneuver on me and I was dizziness-free in two treatments. Most physiotherapists and chiropractors should be able to perform it.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 am 
Not NOT A Furry

jdfunks wrote:

Dizziness frequently occurs with inner ear infections (usually viral, but sometimes bacterial), or like j-dub mentioned, with BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), where the Epley maneuver can resolve symptoms in a matter of minutes. Usually if it's one of those things, the dizziness will feel like a spinning sensation.

In any case, I hope you feel better very, very soon!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

The worst thing about my day (other than having to work on a holiday) and waking up at 4 am to realize what a dumbpants I am.

I have a little bit of pregnancy induced anemia so I started taking an iron supplement again. Ive been taking it with OJ because vit C helps absorb iron. Ive been doing this for 2 weeks. This is no easy task because I also have wicked bad acid reflux so chugging OJ is no fun. I still feel really tired and like shiitake. Then last night I wake up at 4 am (this happens every night now) and for some reason it pops into my head that the OJ I have been drinking to help absorb the iron is fortified with calcium. Guess what you are NOT supposed to take at the same time as your iron? Yes calcium! Calcium hinders iron absorption.

Oy vey. Fun thoughts at 4 am.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

sore throat, broken but healing toe and I believe i am getting a shingles outbreak...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My boyfriend's father is having his second leg amputated tomorrow. He had one leg amputated last year due to diabetes. This surgery was just kind of sprung on him suddenly (though his doctors did say it was likely to happen eventually). I don't think he's going to handle it well emotionally - last month he went to Mexico for some crazy, shady treatment as a last ditch effort - and I don't know how he'll get around and everything. It's very scary and I'm not sure what to do to help my boyfriend cope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

condolences to everyone with serious worsts. mine can be summed up with this, only replace eggs with curly fries.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Days like today (and all this past week) really remind me why I've distanced myself from the rescue world over the last year. People are so desperate to rehome their animals but they can't meet you Wednesday or Thursday and then they're gone all weekend and then they'll only be available from 4-5pm from now until the end of time. If you are so desperate and time is of the essence, shouldn't you be doing SOMETHING to meet us, the people helping you, half way?

Between the people who expect my home to be able to take in 10 rats at the last minute on a Sunday, to getting two ladies who were free to good home and find they're infested with lice and one has a rapidly growing tumour in her nostril, to a kijiji ad that says:

"8 month old male rat. Needs home ASAP. I don't care if he goes for snake food, as a pet whatever, I dont care, I just want him GONE.
Email me and PLEASE pick him up.

*I will be putting in down in 2 weeks if nobody takes him* "

And then we email the day the ad is posted (Thursday the 14th), and only get a response today that pickup needs to be ASAP... but, of course, this is a person who can't drive and can only meet for a brief period of time in the afternoon and, oh yes, doesn't intend to send this rat with a cage or carrier. The rat who has apparently bitten them badly enough that they required multiple stitches. Oh, wait, no he's not aggressive, just unpredictable. That bite was just the one time. But he also attacked the female we intended to breed him with.

My brain asplode.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

my worst thing about my day is more a culmination of these things:
1.)i'm like, really profoundly depressed right now (at least 50% to do with the persistence of winter) which is something I'm trying so hard to kick right now without help because my school's counseling is shiitake and I don't have health insurance to cover anything else, which is hard enough as it is
2.) i've had to re-open contact with my mother (because of tax and financial federal aid reasons)
3.) I had to speak to her on the phone today and it was like talking to some estranged friend or distant relative or someone I knew once but lost touch with. we did once have a relationship, but somethings just so off in her brain right now. It's really driving home the panic I've been experiencing lately about losing any sense of my primary parent. I'm feeling so isolated, it's exhausting and it's breaking my heart.

so that phone call, used as a metaphor for my completely dissolving sense of family, was the worst thing about my day.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

booberthefraggle wrote:
my worst thing about my day is more a culmination of these things:
1.)i'm like, really profoundly depressed right now (at least 50% to do with the persistence of winter) which is something I'm trying so hard to kick right now without help because my school's counseling is shiitake and I don't have health insurance to cover anything else, which is hard enough as it is
2.) i've had to re-open contact with my mother (because of tax and financial federal aid reasons)
3.) I had to speak to her on the phone today and it was like talking to some estranged friend or distant relative or someone I knew once but lost touch with. we did once have a relationship, but somethings just so off in her brain right now. It's really driving home the panic I've been experiencing lately about losing any sense of my primary parent. I'm feeling so isolated, it's exhausting and it's breaking my heart.

so that phone call, used as a metaphor for my completely dissolving sense of family, was the worst thing about my day.

Yuck, boober, all of that is awful.

I have a couple thoughts, which may or may not be helpful. Do you have a friend that could call the counseling centre and explain how unhelpful your experience was and see if there's another counselor you could connect with? Having a quick google, it looks there are some support groups in Portland that might be a good stopgap for you.

On the weather front, I was feeling really down because Vancouver is basically grey + rain for months and months and I started going to the steam room for health reasons but realized my spirits were significantly cheered by it. It seemed like a reminder that winter won't last forever and rejuvenated my body.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 pm 
Huffs Nooch

The worst part of my day was having to give notice at my job after months of sucking at it. I should feel better - after all, soon I'll be free of a job I don't fit well with - but instead I just feel like a failure.

I need some sweet potato fries.

And a hug.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 443, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449 ... 617  Next