| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479 ... 631  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:56 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was working with a non-profit that is all about supporting local businesses. They were helping me find space for our non-profit. I just found out that we won't be getting the space we need. Instead we can pay way more for much less space. Space that is not ADA compliant. Which as a healing center we need.
I am not sure how we will move forward with this at all. And I am the only person right now doing the work. I am crushed.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:12 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aw kfad. :[ I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope some solution will become apparent.

And yeah, I made it for half the class I thought I was going to miss and my advisor was still genial in office hours so even though I'm still crabby, it was, of course, not as big of a deal as I thought it was. (Surprise.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:16 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

booberthefraggle wrote:
I know I shouldn't hope for anything different from her, but aren't you supposed to call your mom when you finish a degree? isn't that a thing people do?

Not when your mother is abusive toward you. It has nothing to do with you, she would be unpleasant about anything you had called to talk about.

Congrats on almost finishing your degree lady! Bask in the love of your friends and the art. Craft mafia all up in the gallery, ya dig?

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:06 pm 
Mediocre Tart

pandacookie wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
I know I shouldn't hope for anything different from her, but aren't you supposed to call your mom when you finish a degree? isn't that a thing people do?

Not when your mother is abusive toward you. It has nothing to do with you, she would be unpleasant about anything you had called to talk about.

Congrats on almost finishing your degree lady! Bask in the love of your friends and the art. Craft mafia all up in the gallery, ya dig?

Yes indeed. We love you, booberchops! And are super-proud of you! You go get things done, lovebug! You can't hope over shitty behaviour and you can't count on reciprocity from crappity-land, but by bloodyfucking crivens you can count on us! <3 <3 Now you go get graduating with one of those funny wee hats I see in all the movies. Stylin'!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:16 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

nevermind, too personal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

Yes indeed. We love you, booberchops! And are super-proud of you! You go get things done, lovebug! You can't hope over shitty behaviour and you can't count on reciprocity from crappity-land, but by bloodyfucking crivens you can count on us! <3 <3 Now you go get graduating with one of those funny wee hats I see in all the movies. Stylin'!

<3 Boober. She has no right to talk to you that way, mother or not. She's abusive & you can't change her.

But you did get 'Bang to use the phrase "bloodyfucking crivens" which is a very good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

this whole flu-shots-for-the-family crepe is making me stabby. #1, auntie, glad you could steal doses of the flu shot from the hospital where there were people who needed it. #2, cousin, thanks for pitching a fit on monday when i couldn't magically on-a-second's-notice take my child out of school and blow off my day to go somewhere for some nurse to turn away public health clinic patients while shooting us up with our stolen shots. #3, auntie, if you think i'm taking my forking holiday tomorrow to go to your house you are sorely mistaken and #4, that cute little email you sent me about how the flu shot is reserved "only for blood" [i.e. for my husband, not for me OR FOR MY KID, what the fizzle? whose kid is this anyway?] reminds me of how much i want to never see your forking faces again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:47 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Boober, so proud of you! <3

I was just all snippy with my mom about my cousin and now I'm feeling all guilty and need to call her back but I feel all weird. Ugh. I hate when I can feel a conversation downward spiraling and not stop it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Boober, I have had this experience. It fully sucks and it hasn't changed. My family forgot when I graduated with my first degree and this time they have forgotten to wish me luck for my national exam and are on track to forget I'm graduating. My father also refused to apologize. (They remembered my sister's graduation, though, and have been to visit both her and other relatives. Absolutely no thought of coming out to my graduation, though.) Let's you and I post here instead. It's so awesome you're so close to the end!

ps Remember when you drew for the PPK and said we could use them? I had eight laminated on wood and they--along with panda pics/fox family--will decorate my office this coming year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14 pm 
Married to the wolfman

celyn wrote:

ps Remember when you drew for the PPK and said we could use them? I had eight laminated on wood and they--along with panda pics/fox family--will decorate my office this coming year.

This is pretty awesome.

Boober, sorry your mom just trashed your whole day. You are great and you deserve a better response to your good news.

My family was so ill-behaved at my college graduation that I am just not going to tell them when I finish grad school. Maybe. I'm waffling, but... if I'm still mad about the way they behaved 6 years later, I probably don't need to go through that again. It's not like they'll be good this time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

C&S, I think this is a good plan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My job is driving me insane and it's sad cause a) technically, I love my job, b) I love all the people who work for me, c) I love my direct boss but it looks like she's about to be fired, d) it's going to be a crazy shitstorm if/when that happens, and e) the owner doesn't respect me. It is so ridiculous because she (the owner) is blessed with an amazing talent pool and yet she doesn't value us at all. We are all working for less than we could gain elsewhere which is FINE/our choice, but lately there has been so much disrespect. I'm really bummed out about this because I don't like to jump ship, especially without a plan, but I am spending my rare day off looking for new work. It's sad because I have invested a lot into the integrity of the business, but it's mostly thankless work. I have done tonnes of thankless work in my time, but the owner of this business is really grating on me. She keeps giving me more work to "empower" me, but none of that comes with any sort of financial incentive, and I'm sorry, if I didn't need to make a living I wouldn't work! Well I would, but it would be for myself.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:16 am 
Level 7 Vegan

coldandsleepy wrote:
celyn wrote:

This is pretty awesome.

Boober, sorry your mom just trashed your whole day. You are great and you deserve a better response to your good news.

My family was so ill-behaved at my college graduation that I am just not going to tell them when I finish grad school. Maybe. I'm waffling, but... if I'm still mad about the way they behaved 6 years later, I probably don't need to go through that again. It's not like they'll be good this time.

But had better tell us, so we can have a party for you!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:23 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

interrobang?! wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

ALL OF THIS. I'm sorry your mom behaved like that but from what I see on here and on tumblr you work like a madwoman making amazing things and deserve every ounce of praise you get.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I was out having dinner with my dad and some people at a nearby table were having a really gross and obnoxious conversation about "slutty tran[sgender people]" (they used some different words). My dad tends to be completely oblivious to people who are talking near him but not to him, but I am not like that, I hear everything around me and it was so uncomfortable and upsetting. Sometimes I just want to go live in a cave.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:27 am 
Married to the wolfman

CQ :[ It makes me so sad that people not only still think stuff like that, but still think it's okay to broadcast their opinions in public.

I am on my way to my first day of my new job (yay). It will take me 3 hours to get there (not yay). I've been having this terrible inflammation and stiffness in one of my hands, right where the fingers meet the hand (the first knuckle).. You know, the part of your hand you have to move to, say, use a pen or type on a keyboard. (I'm actually texting with just my left hand!) Today will be a form filling out day so yeah... I need that hand.

So naturally today is the day I forgot to take ibuprofen before leaving the house. Doh.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aw thank you guys <333

Also, cq, those people are dicks

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:02 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i think my rib must be cracked. (i have NO idea how this happened.) the pain is getting worse instead of better and i took off running for two days already, thinking it was from that, but no improvement.

and i just had the first panic attack i've had in a while. i went outside to get some scallions from the garden [yes, i am eating my comfort/sick food, rice porridge] and came back in and i mistook the sound of the microwave -- i was absolutely sure [and i know this sounds bizarre] that there was an airplane about to land on the house or that somehow a giant fan was going in my office? Why would this be so scary? I am still shakey, half an hour later.

this is not going to be a good day. also, i have to go jump down the brazilian paperwork rabbit hole [get copies of something the hall of records refuses to copy] and i am killing time trying to avoid it. i feel so sick.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:08 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i just watched a video about sharia law in mali and there was a graphic video of an amputation. the world is terrible.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:50 pm 
Nailed to the V

I made a joke* about there being spiders inside all my cacti and my girlfriend freaked out. (Afraid of spiders.) She's really mad at me. Ever say something and immediately wish you never said it?

*I hate when people peas people off and then claim it was a joke. But it was. And I'm mad at myself for it.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I cooked some broccoli today. Washed it first as usual but when I drained it I found I'd boiled a caterpillar which was still stuck to the stem. :(

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:41 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

choirqueer wrote:
I was out having dinner with my dad and some people at a nearby table were having a really gross and obnoxious conversation about "slutty tran[sgender people]" (they used some different words). My dad tends to be completely oblivious to people who are talking near him but not to him, but I am not like that, I hear everything around me and it was so uncomfortable and upsetting. Sometimes I just want to go live in a cave.

Do you think they were talking about you?? Not that calling someone "slutty" (or using the t-word or gossiping about someone) would ever be justified, but who looks at a random person eating dinner and thinks "wow, what a slut"? That's just weird.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

CQ didn't say someone was talking about them. I would be upset if I heard that phrasing being tossed around for a few reasons. :( Sorry, CQ.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:01 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

celyn wrote:
CQ didn't say someone was talking about them. I would be upset if I heard that phrasing being tossed around for a few reasons. :( Sorry, CQ.

I know. That's why I asked.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:45 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

No, they were not talking about me. They were talking about some transgender women they had seen in a different public place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479 ... 631  Next