| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537, 538 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:59 am 
Saggy Butt

so the past 2 weeks i accompanied a friend on a move/cross-country road trip. i agreed to go because i wanted to see the country, and we've been planning a trip like this for a while. i let a few things slide over the trip, because i know she's in a really tough place in her personal life - like, she ran out of a cash a few times and put me in situations where i had to foot the bill for gas she pumped or a motel... but the thing is, she would constantly do things like drive past the place we had agreed to camp at for the night, knowing that the next campsite was 4 hours away, stranding us at the super overpriced and sketchy roadside motels in between. She received some money from relatives, and paid me back, but still, why do that if you don't have the money for a motel? i had been planning to fly back and right before we leave for the airport, apparently she had planned for me to take all our camping equipment back to her brother with me. i didn't really want to pay even more to check all this extra stuff, plus it reeks of weed and i really do not want things that reek of weed attached to me at the airport. so i tell her that it's better to ship it back to her brother, because it's a third of the price and i know that's the option she can afford. i think it's all settled until today, i get all these texts from her brother saying that i screwed him and my friend over and stole his camping equipment and now i owe him all this money because he had to go out and replace it all, and he's going to come to my place RIGHT NOW to get the money from me. the thing is, i know she told him it's being shipped to him, so who knows why he's accusing me of taking it from him and threatening me. he also fabricated the whole nonsense about buying new equipment. i also know her family has an arsenal of camping equipment and he has access to most of the things being shipped to him, so it's not like he's stranded if he wants to go camping. this is how you treat someone who helps your sister move cross-country!? i was so close to calling the police.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:01 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm so pissed off with my flatmate just now! It's like living with a teenage boy. I'm sick and tired of feeling like I'm doing all the cleaning and clearing up in the flat, and I'm particularly pissed off just now as he said weeks ago he would look after the cats while I'm away this weekend, and then less than a week ago said he couldn't do it any more - no apology or anything. There's a lot more, but I'm so angry right now I can't even think about it without feeling like I'm going to lose my temper.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:12 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I am emitting some kind of bat signal for the bizarre and/or creepy. Just now I was thoroughly spooked by some guy. While I was standing on an uncrowded subway platform he came walking up very quickly and intently at me, but when he got to within a foot or 2, he swerved to punch a billboard on the wall behind me. I walked away a bit and the train came. When I got on he walked all the way down the car to stand in front of me. He stared at me for about half my entire ride and then sorta stopped, got distracted, whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:27 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Postnothing, that is atrocious behavior! I'm sorry someone you thought was your friend is acting that way towards you. Good on you for being the more level-headed and mature person in this situation. That is no way to treat someone who takes the time and considerable P.I.T.A. to move someone else cross-country.

Also, Audrey, that is forking freaky! I hope you have mace or some kind of personal safety thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 am 
Lime and a Coconut

I'm having a pretty shitty morning. I'm just generally upset and depressed about the government shutdown, and feeling despair at living in a country that is increasingly held hostage to the whims of a handful of puerile individuals who stomp their feet if they don't get their way.

I'm feeling a lot of generalized frustration with our society right now. I'm very upset because there is a story in the news right now about a young man who had a mental health break several months ago and went on a naked rampage through a BART station, doing acrobatic flips and grabbing people. It was horrible and horrifying for the people he terrorized, but also horrible for him because it was a completely unexpected breakdown (he had no symptoms before, he is in his early 20s when a lot of these things first emerge) over which he had no control. He has been in jail in San Francisco for several months and they are refusing to let his case be heard in behavioral health court (as opposed to regular criminal court) because he is not a San Francisco resident. They are also refusing to release him so he can seek treatment where he is a resident (his residency being defined by where he was sleeping on couches before his break). And of course, because he is from South America, there is a chorus of ignorant hatewads yelling we should just deport him.

It's just really sad. Nobody chooses to be crazy. I certainly didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:46 pm 
Saggy Butt

oh no, that is really sad about the young man. whenever i hear about these things, i just wish episodes like that are better understood and less stigmatized. i was shocked to hear about the gov't shutdown (i'm canadian), and the sheer number of people that lost jobs - just awful.

my friend and i are good now - totally unplanned things happened that cost hundreds of dollars and that's why she fell short, but i did have to be more forceful in making sure she made choices that kept her on budget, and that was something i assumed she could do herself... but that crepe from her brother was something else. i called her, and apparently he made such a stink that her mom went and bought him a tent because he doesn't like the family's tents. he's in his late 20's...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Lockdown at school. I want to go home! Nothing happening at the school--armed robbery in the neighborhood. It is going to take me forever to drive home if I'm late and stuck in traffic.

Plus, I'm stuck in a room with 30 high school kids who are pissed at being held after school on a Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:34 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My cat Butters died suddenly. He had heart failure and we had to put him down. He had the biggest personality in the world and was the most loving cat I've ever known. He wasn't even three years old. I'm completely devastated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:10 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

So sorry, Bathsheba :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:35 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

My dad called a couple hours ago to say that Katie, our family dog, had a stroke this morning. When he went to take her outside, he discovered she couldn't walk. He took her to the vet, and they ended up putting her down. She was 13, going blind and deaf, but she was the best pup. I will miss her so, so much.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I am so sorry to hear about the lost animal friends.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:57 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's worst things (((hugs)))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:53 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My camera was stolen from my bag today (I'm in Colombia, although it could have been stolen anywhere, pickpockets are fast and sneaky). I am normally super careful... this was a case of I was bumped and it was gone. The camera, I don't give a shiitake about. It is 7 years old and half broken. What makes it a terrible thing is that all of my pictures from a month in Colombia are on the camera. I just want my photos off of my worthless 2GB memory card!

It was 5 hours ago, I've cried and ordered a new one. Now I don't really want to leave the hotel room. I've never felt like this. I'm not really scared, but I didn't like this city to begin with and now I really don't like it however irrational that is. I have to stay here til Tues while I wait on my motorcycle paperwork.

I think I'll go out with just enough cash in my pocket for dinner and a few small things that I need. And go to the familiar place 2 blocks away. And get myself some wine or beer for tonight! I need it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:59 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Big hugs to everyone. :(

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 pm 
Saggy Butt

hugs for the lost animal friends and lost pictures/camera :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:34 pm 

so sorry, kara kara.

My worst thing is that I went to the grocery store today and had about $20 worth of stuff, thinking that I had just that much in my account. I used debit and it was declined, so I took a couple things off my order and tried again. Declined. So I went home empty handed. Looks like my account monthly fees came out and so I actually have no money. It could be worse, I did just can a lot of veggies I got for free from a friend, and I have staples like rice and lentils, but nothing else. And it was so humiliating with a lineup of people behind me, and I couldn't even pay for $15 worth of groceries. I went home and bawled my eyes out for hours. I'm so sick of this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:59 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm sorry PP, that's rough :(

My worst thing was this whole week. I only work three days now because of school, but every single day there were serious behavioral problems with kids that had me talking to the directors for ages just trying to figure out what to do. It's a wide range of stuff, but I'm just having a lot of trouble and I don't feel like I'm doing any good. I spend so much time trying to stabilize situations where kids are trying to hit each other and screaming at each other or trashing the room that I don't have much time to spend with the other kids, or to run cool activities for them. It's not even an issue of "I'm an adult and they're kids so they need to respect my authority," it's just an issue of basic decency. One of my kiddos was suspended for a day, another's parent is threatening to pull her from the program...I just feel like I suck at my job right now.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

mar peed the bed twice last night. once on the new blanket, so i changed the sheets and blanket, then again. the second time were new back up sheets and the blanket i had to wash at the laundry mat due to size - costing like $7...not mad at mar, just tired and wanting to help him not pee the bed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I think i have to drop one of my classes. I had all my schoolwork under control, but after my aunt died i was useless for a few days and it threw the whole thing off. I feel so terrible that i can't even handle a normal amount of work. I know i can do it, but i can't do it and be relatively happy. My mom told me just to drop one, it's not a big deal, but it feels like such a big deal. Plus i will be dropping a class within my major which won't look good on my transcript, but there's no point to dropping another class because they're not the ones stressing me out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

At work today I lost the key to the safe. Ooops

Worst thing about tomorrow may be losing something else...

π

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:16 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

it's under a week until I leave, and the gravity of that is seeping in hard.

and a super forking sweet kitten died last night. it was very broken from day one, but it was so full of life and had the best attitude in the universe. I'm so forking sad about that. RIP Henrietta.

this was her after coming back from the vet last night:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh, joshua. What a little darling. I am so sorry to hear this. You made Henrietta's days much better though, I'm sure of it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:51 pm 

:( RIP, sweet Henrietta.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:35 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

There was a bug in my pickles. A bug! I scooped some out to put on my sammich, and there he was... pickled and dead green tiny caterpillar. Now i am afraid that i've been eating tiny green caterpillars in my pickles for years. Totally not vegan, yo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Have some tater tots with that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537, 538 ... 632  Next