| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:05 pm 
Chard Martyr

I'm just bummed in general, and that seems worse than having one crazy shitty thing to pinpoint and blame.

But I did do well at work today and I sold a lot of events and product, and my boss gave me a bottle of (nice) Prosecco, so that was kind.

I just can't wait until 2013 is over. Good stuff happened...I finished my novel, I got married, I got another cat--awesome things! But I can only focus on the negative right now and I just feel too weary to turn those thoughts around.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:06 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

vijita wrote:
I'm just bummed in general, and that seems worse than having one crazy shitty thing to pinpoint and blame.

hugs. 'tis the season, maybe? 'cos I'm pretty much in the same boat at the moment.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I'm at work. I really don't want to be.

**only till 1, only till 1**

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Me too, Erika. Me too. I'm just sort of occupying my chair today.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ijustdiedinside wrote:
everyone at work is sick and dying (i work at a nursing home, which pretty much everyone knows). it's really getting to me today. one of my favorite guys had a stroke and now he's basically in a vegetative state when a few days ago he was fine. he thought it was the 60s and he was still a mechanic, but i liked hearing his stories. another one of my guys had to have emergency surgery for a subdural hematoma. he's the best and i hope he's ok!

I can't imagine how hard this is, ijdi. It's really nice that they have people like you around them though. I took care of my husbands grandmother, then my own when they had alzheimer's and you can really see the difference it makes to have someone enter their altered reality with them.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:11 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I'm at work. I really don't want to be.

**only till 1, only till 1**

SPOKE TOO SOON, GUYS. Spoke too soon.

Accidentally sent a semi-bitchy email about a coworker to said coworker's former client. WHOOPS.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Knowing that over half of my patients will spend the entire Christmas in hospital either too unwell to have leave or else have nobody to take them home. Actually shedding a few tears over it now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:03 pm 
Chard Martyr

Kelly wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
everyone at work is sick and dying (i work at a nursing home, which pretty much everyone knows). it's really getting to me today. one of my favorite guys had a stroke and now he's basically in a vegetative state when a few days ago he was fine. he thought it was the 60s and he was still a mechanic, but i liked hearing his stories. another one of my guys had to have emergency surgery for a subdural hematoma. he's the best and i hope he's ok!

I can't imagine how hard this is, ijdi. It's really nice that they have people like you around them though. I took care of my husbands grandmother, then my own when they had alzheimer's and you can really see the difference it makes to have someone enter their altered reality with them.

thanks, kelly. that's really rough to take care of people yourself! ugh. my grandparents all passed away before i was 16, so i never really had to take care of them, but i did see what my parents went through. ugh.

on the plus side, both of the guys i mentioned above are doing better! the guy who had a stroke has improved so much in the past few days, he's talking again. even though you can't understand a lot of it, it's still great to hear. he's pushing people away when he doesn't want something done, which is great because it means he's somewhat with it! and then the guy who had the surgery is doing a lot better, too. he remembered me today and asked for salads and cranberry juice, which he loved before. things are looking up!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Just found out my mom's been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I have no idea what that means, but i feel helpless. And partly guilty because she ran a half marathon recently

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:27 pm 
Semen Strong

My husband has R.A. and I think there are a few people on the board who have it as well. So you're not alone, if that is any comfort. For my partner, he had one really severe bout which led to his diagnosis and after that it was manageable with methotraxate. I know people who've had success managing it with diet (eliminating sugar, nightshades, dairy), but that didn't work for B.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tofulish wrote:
My husband has R.A. and I think there are a few people on the board who have it as well. So you're not alone, if that is any comfort. For my partner, he had one really severe bout which led to his diagnosis and after that it was manageable with methotraxate. I know people who've had success managing it with diet (eliminating sugar, nightshades, dairy), but that didn't work for B.

Thank you t'lish! I posted it before she got home (im staying with them for the holidays) and feel better seeing her in pretty high spirits. I just hope she finds a good way to manage it and hope she doesn't have to give up horse back riding since its one of her joys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I've known some people with RA who start horseback riding for therapeutic reasons. A woman I used to work with got help paying for it through a help group.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:59 pm 
Mediocre Tart

My mum has had RA for the past 10 years or so. Hasn't stopped her.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:42 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am at work for at least 6 more hours tonight, and none of the gifts my family sent me got here yet. And I'm spending tomorrow alone. Feeling down. On the plus side, my gifts for them got there and I'll get to watch them open them on skype tomorrow!

I just realzied that my brother (works in a nuclear power plant), my sister (works in a hospital), and I (military) all work on Christmas. Man.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:45 pm 
Nailed to the V

Invictus wrote:
I am at work for at least 6 more hours tonight, and none of the gifts my family sent me got here yet. And I'm spending tomorrow alone. Feeling down. On the plus side, my gifts for them got there and I'll get to watch them open them on skype tomorrow!

I just realzied that my brother (works in a nuclear power plant), my sister (works in a hospital), and I (military) all work on Christmas. Man.

Yay for Skype! Sorry for the other poopy bits of your Christmas - but yay Skype!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:58 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Honestly, I can't remember what it was like pre-skype. It makes all the difference for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:02 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

lillianp wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Thank you t'lish! I posted it before she got home (im staying with them for the holidays) and feel better seeing her in pretty high spirits. I just hope she finds a good way to manage it and hope she doesn't have to give up horse back riding since its one of her joys.

Best wishes to your mom, lillian p! I have RA too, and I'm still not super happy with my treatment, but my doctor will keep trying new meds until we find one that works the best. I have given up running for now, but hold out some hope that I might be able to again someday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kiddo wrote:
Best wishes to your mom, lillian p! I have RA too, and I'm still not super happy with my treatment, but my doctor will keep trying new meds until we find one that works the best. I have given up running for now, but hold out some hope that I might be able to again someday.

Thank you! I"m hoping she finds something that works too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:02 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I wasted an A-grade pun on a non-appreciative recipient today. they got it, but they didn't roll their eyes or groan. what's the point?!?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:41 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

My boyfriend of almost six years has been dropping not so subtle hints that he was going to get me an engagement ring for the past month. Instead he got me nothing.

I'm due to have our 3rd kiddo in early march (we have a set of twins). I've babysat for a family for free probably about 40 times, often last minute and for 12 hours at a time (and the kid is super obnoxious) and we've house sat for 3 weeks for them, putting out funds to fix broken heat lamps for their reptiles which they never repaid us for. I finally asked if they could watch my boys for 3 hours in 2 weeks so I could do a maternity tour cause we don't know the hospital at all. Instead of even trying to work something out I got a flat out no.

I'm on unemployment. It's gonna be cut on the 28th (my twin's birthday). Money's already an issue and my car is completely shitting the bed, so having to now come up with money to pay a babysitter isn't really the greatest. I'm also realizing that there's no one that I can actually rely on to watch my boys for a childbirth class we need to attend and when I have the baby. So over being good to people and being constantly let down.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:54 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh, I am so sorry lurky.

I don't mean to be Pollyannaish, but can you ask them again, and list why its important? Maybe they don't realize? And if not, I hope you're able to line up a replacement soon. I watched a friend's twins during her OB appts and during her hospital stay for delivery for three days for free and it was no big deal.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

joshua wrote:
I wasted an A-grade pun on a non-appreciative recipient today. they got it, but they didn't roll their eyes or groan. what's the point?!?

Tell us your pun!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:47 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Thanks Tofulish, you're not Pollyannaish at all, just a genuinely nice person. I don't think it would help in this situation. I'm pretty sure she's aware of how important it is, just too selfish to care. We should be able to line up another babysitter and I'm sure it'll all work out better in the long run. Just frustrating right now.

On a happier note, did ya manage to get any free Cinnamon Snail the other day? We moved from NJ about a year ago and I think the snail might be what I miss most (outside of all the wonderful peeps). Can't wait for a cookbook!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:05 pm 
Semen Strong

We didn't get any Snaily goodness, sadly! Its been really hard to get down to Redbank just for Snailyums and they're closed until Spring so sadface, but the book sounds like its coming along really well, and I know that Adam still puts out the occasional call for testers, so you could probably snag some CS goodness that way if you wanted!

I did a double take when I saw that you were now in Denver - I always think of you as one of our NJ Peeps! And if you were here, we would totally watch your kiddos!

Sending you lots of good thoughts and I hope that you can find some better support and that the last months of your pregnancy go well and you have an easy delivery and healthy baby! Come hang out in the Playground and post pictures of your twins!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:45 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

And now one of the kiddos is projectile puking... ahhh today, lol.

Thanks for the heads up tofulish, I'll have to hit him up to offer to test! Yeah we're elsewhere but ya know you can take the girl outta jersey but.... You're so sweet. I'd take you up on the offer if we were there but it's just as comforting to feel your support via the interwebs! I'll definitely come post some pics of my maniacs in the playground. Saw a pic of your little one today and could barely handle the cuteness!

Reply to topic  [ 14805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562 ... 593  Next