| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606 ... 646  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:34 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I think in a year or two I'll be able to find a job that pays more, I just need to focus on that and surviving for now!

And for the worst thing about today, THIS IS A LOT OF MASS SHOOTINGS. And if after Sandy Hook we couldn't do something to make it harder to get a gun, I feel like we never will, and these will just keep happening and it's terrifying.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:06 pm 
And you never will.

I just had a little melt-down because my cousin's wife said she won't be able to put the baby into daycare until July 1st, which means three weeks of me keeping her after my husband leaves. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but I keep her 10:30am-8pm, and when I have baking orders I have to go out to do my shopping after the baby leaves (because the orders only get placed 1-2 days before delivery). That means going to multiple stores, sometimes driving across town to Whole Foods, which frequently takes a total of 2 1/2 hours round-trip. Once my husband is gone I will have to take poopieboy with me, which means dragging him to all those stores with me until 10:30pm twice a week. And I can't get much done on the days I have the baby, so I'll be up baking until around 4am after she leaves, so that I don't have to spend 10-12 hours baking everything in one day (which I frequently do now, because my husband can take poopieboy out for a while). I'm just feeling so overwhelmed about those three weeks, it's going to be hell and I just want to cry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:08 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ugh. poopie, that sounds rough. could your cousin watch both kids at 8pm until you pick up poopiebaby after your shopping? that sounds at least a tiny bit less stressful? i wish i could babysit for you! or do your shopping for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Or can you say that you can't do it?

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm 
And you never will.

Thanks you guys. I'm going to have to figure something out, even if it means borrowing a carseat for the baby and taking them both around shopping on those days (ugh). My husband says I should just tell her I can't do it that long, and I know he's probably right, but I feel so obligated and like I'm screwing her over if I tell her she needs to find someone sooner (also ugh).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:17 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Girl, no. You always put the burden on yourself. Your mental health and time for your job are important too.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:21 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

pandacookie wrote:
Girl, no. You always put the burden on yourself. Your mental health and time for your job are important too.

Please listen to the wise Panda!

You are going to have so much adjusting to do without the extra burden of babysitting. It will be so important for you and poopieboy for you to be healthy.

((((Hugs))))

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:19 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

kfad wrote:
pandacookie wrote:

Please listen to the wise Panda!

You are going to have so much adjusting to do without the extra burden of babysitting. It will be so important for you and poopieboy for you to be healthy.

((((Hugs))))

+1000000000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:07 pm 
And you never will.

As always, the PPK is wise. After laying awake most of the night last night worrying about it, I had The Talk with her when she picked the baby up tonight, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had built it up in my mind to be. Not exactly a walk in the park, but waaaaaay easier than I had feared. She has to sort some stuff out, but if all goes well then next week will be my last keeping the baby. If it hadn't been for you guys I probably wouldn't have even pushed the subject with her, and I would be stuck because I'm afraid to speak up for myself.

So really, genuinely, thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Good for you!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:09 pm 
Chip Strong

That's great news, Poopie!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:19 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Yeah you did.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:55 pm 
We So Excited

Go Poopie!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Way to go, Poopie!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:06 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

strawberryrock wrote:
And for the worst thing about today, THIS IS A LOT OF MASS SHOOTINGS. And if after Sandy Hook we couldn't do something to make it harder to get a gun, I feel like we never will, and these will just keep happening and it's terrifying.

For real. For two years, I lived two blocks from SPU, the most recent shooting scene. Like an hour ago, I bawled while looking at all the photos, because I walked those streets every day for two years (only two years ago!) and now I only work half a mile away. I go to school at the next closest university campus.
This is too much. I pray something happens to stop (or lessen! I'll settle for less!) the shootings.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:04 am 
Saggy Butt

poopiebitch wrote:
As always, the PPK is wise. After laying awake most of the night last night worrying about it, I had The Talk with her when she picked the baby up tonight, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had built it up in my mind to be. Not exactly a walk in the park, but waaaaaay easier than I had feared. She has to sort some stuff out, but if all goes well then next week will be my last keeping the baby. If it hadn't been for you guys I probably wouldn't have even pushed the subject with her, and I would be stuck because I'm afraid to speak up for myself.

So really, genuinely, thank you.

Thats great news!!! Well done, its very hard having these conversations especially when family are involved

π

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:39 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I took my kids on the bus for an hour to go to the farmers market. I left the house with enough money for the bus and $4 to spare which is all the cash I had. There's an ATM here so my plan was to get cash out and get vegetables. Instead the ATM was broken which I realized as I put my card in. It ate my card. It's not my bank so there's nothing they can do about it.

So instead of having a nice day out with my kids now I have to explain that no we can't get stuff at the market, no we can't stop and get lunch, no we can't get the sneakers we were going to stop and get you, and yes we have to take the bus another hour home.

It's not the end of the world or anything but it's not the day I wanted to have and the whole we can't so this because we have no access to money is giving me bad memories of my own childhood.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:58 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

missdelaney wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

For real. For two years, I lived two blocks from SPU, the most recent shooting scene. Like an hour ago, I bawled while looking at all the photos, because I walked those streets every day for two years (only two years ago!) and now I only work half a mile away. I go to school at the next closest university campus.
This is too much. I pray something happens to stop (or lessen! I'll settle for less!) the shootings.

I bawled too and I don't even live there! It's so close though and I have so many friends in Seattle. When there was a shooting here at a mall I go to all the time a year and a half ago I just watched the news and cried for hours. I feel like everything that can be said about all these forking shootings has been said, so I just keep having conversations with friends that go "What the fork?" "I know, what the fork?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:41 pm 
Chip Strong

coldandsleepy wrote:

So instead of having a nice day out with my kids now I have to explain that no we can't get stuff at the market, no we can't stop and get lunch, no we can't get the sneakers we were going to stop and get you, and yes we have to take the bus another hour home.

It's not the end of the world or anything but it's not the day I wanted to have and the whole we can't so this because we have no access to money is giving me bad memories of my own childhood.

I get this. *hugs*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:05 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

It is 7 a.m. here. I have been up for one hour. I have been crying the whole time. I do not know why. It might just be allergy exhaustion. But, gah, it sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 am 
Saggy Butt

I've learned that I would make a terrible Amish. Power went out for 8 hours yesterday evening, and it was like a miniature apocalypse. Oh Internet, how I missed thee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Just found out that a friend of mine is in a physically abusive relationship and the reason I haven't seen her for stretches of time is because she's been beat up. I just found out now because no one has heard from her in 4 days. So I'm simultaneously furious and sick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:07 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Happivore wrote:
I've learned that I would make a terrible Amish. Power went out for 8 hours yesterday evening, and it was like a miniature apocalypse. Oh Internet, how I missed thee.

I would also make a terrible Amish but I love when the internet doesn't work. Often I will cut off the internet myself and make it very difficult to turn on again and I am just so much more calm this way... Until I HAVE to use it again, of course.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:16 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Just found out that a friend of mine is in a physically abusive relationship and the reason I haven't seen her for stretches of time is because she's been beat up. I just found out now because no one has heard from her in 4 days. So I'm simultaneously furious and sick.

I'm sorry, I really hope you hear something from her soon. Being in a situation where someone you love is being abused is a shitty, scary place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:04 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

so i went and hung out with my 70+ year old neighbors and their cats. well, one cat got in my lap and i made kitten biscuits in my lap, i was super happy until...my eyes started bugging the fork out of me. itchy itchy itch...i had to leave. i hope to god i am not allergic to cats now or something. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606 ... 646  Next