| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737, 738  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Just to precise, nobody is going to die because of my keeping silent. The company prudently stopped lying after I left. They say they changed the recipe (which they likely did, in a way, by increasing the allergen's quantity now they no longer hide its presence).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:43 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The one thing I wanted this weekend was not to be at home alone. I was staffed on threee separate things in Seattle next week and would have flown out last night and spent the weekend with friends-- but all three gigs fell through. I was going to go to LA instead to visit a friend-- that fell through. I was going to spend today with a local friend-- at the last minute they remembered they had to go to a birthday party for most of today. They're like "how about dinner instead" and I just wanted to scream, the point is I don't want to be alone in my head, I'm not handling it well right now.

It's just really frustrating. I am trying really hard to make plans to take care of myself and to reach out to people, and they just keep disintegrating. And I am trying to keep trying but right now my world feels very full of no.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:51 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

coldandsleepy wrote:
The one thing I wanted this weekend was not to be at home alone. I was staffed on threee separate things in Seattle next week and would have flown out last night and spent the weekend with friends-- but all three gigs fell through. I was going to go to LA instead to visit a friend-- that fell through. I was going to spend today with a local friend-- at the last minute they remembered they had to go to a birthday party for most of today. They're like "how about dinner instead" and I just wanted to scream, the point is I don't want to be alone in my head, I'm not handling it well right now.

It's just really frustrating. I am trying really hard to make plans to take care of myself and to reach out to people, and they just keep disintegrating. And I am trying to keep trying but right now my world feels very full of no.
I'm really sorry that you're feeling this way. Reading this post took me back to the months after my ex and I split, and at times when the kids were with him being at home on my own was pretty much intolerable. I know it doesn't help now, but it really will get easier, and a time will come when you are totally stoked to be on your own for a bit. In the meantime try to privilege doing things that make you feel good, even if you have to do some of them on your own. Hang in there; it gets better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 pm 
Semen Strong

Hugs to you C&S. I hope you can find support with the emotional issues and the physical stuff you are dealing with. It sounds like you have had a rough year.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Losing this forum is the worst thing about my day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

oddspongeout wrote:

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

oddspongeout wrote:

Mine too. Having learned about it just before my Thanksgiving supper, I'm not feeling in much of a celebrating mood.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:44 pm 
Total Hoover

oddspongeout wrote:

Me too. I'm really sad now and want to go to bed with a hot water bottle, but have to stay up and try and finish an assignment (that'll teach me to 'just quickly check the PPK').

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Me five!! I spend way too much time here, but in a good way. I'm not even sure I'd be vegan without this forum - I found it when browsing "dairy free vegetarian recipes" probably five years ago...and realised that huh, vegans are actually fairly normal people, and I was being dumb by not just going vegan myself.

And sorting out Vegan MoFo sign ups and knowing this'll be the last year we'll have a "PPK MoFo'ers" section... :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Minatomachi wrote:
oddspongeout wrote:

Mine too. Having learned about it just before my Thanksgiving supper, I'm not feeling in much of a celebrating mood.

On the other hand, a delicious Thanksgiving supper is perfect for one of the last meal posts you'll do here. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:42 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Me, too. I've spent countless hours here over the last near-decade and I'm really emotionally attached to it/y'all. I'm bummed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:46 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Same. We can come up with a new location.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:44 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

And mine. I don't post as much as I used to, but I've come to depend on having somewhere to go where veganism is the default setting and I know I will be understood. I joined in October 2007, so it's been exactly nine years, and looking back over all the stuff we've shared here I can't help feeling a bit verklempt. But think of all this place has given us. Like the filters - I will never see the words bisque, asparagus, stroganoff, or croissant again without snickering. The epic flounces! The kfischers! Chavgate! Profane-rage-inducing pasta salad! Tortilla Rita! The subway masturbating chef! The Finding My Goddess guy! Baking in the flavor! To say nothing of all the sanity-saving holiday threads, and the relationship advice/commiseration, shopping tips, travel advice, furbaby photos and anecdotes, and the babies we've seen incubate and be born and grow into children! The list goes on. I think I need a gin & tonic. *Le sniff*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:51 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Thanks T and Desdemona.

I hear everyone on the PPK shutdown as the worst thing. I am happy having known you all and hope we'll stay in touch through other means-- but even if we don't, it makes me really glad to know there are other down to earth, lovely, awesome vegans (pick the adjectives you like, discard the rest!) out there adding goodness to the world.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Loosing the form and worrying about loosing touch with all of you. Together we've all done so much and gotten thru so much and man, I can't really be coherent any more...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:03 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

God even looking thru the names of who is online and seeing people from the old forums and remember so many things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:06 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Same. I feel like I'm being ridiculous because it's an Internet forum but we know it's so much more than that. I seriously feel like someone's died. Also I can't stop crying in public, why did I find this news out 20 minutes after checking out of my hotel before a whole day of city exploring (read: crying in different NYC locations!) and a late flight back to Europe?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:57 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

paprikapapaya wrote:
and I'm really emotionally attached to it/y'all.

Me too. :( It's... it's like the closest I've felt to having feelings of 'family'. That sounds cheesy as fork but I totally mean it. Like, sometimes we squabble and annoy each other, but we also care deeply for one another and are always wanting to know how we're doing and want to help talk things through with another and support each other. And sometimes people who don't understand that come in and post weird things and we get to snicker amongst one another and cry with each other and laugh with each other and...

I'll totally join the new whatever it is that we do, but I'm so scared we'll loose the flow and it won't be like this anymore.

I love you all so much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:28 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I miss everyone (and this space) already :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

lavawitch wrote:
Same. We can come up with a new location.

Same for me, and I hope so. Right now the PPK seems to be fragmenting across different platforms. I wish there were one place where we could transfer all of it and everyone could join, but it isn't so simple. :-(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

<3 <3 <3

I don't know if any of you feel like they are really "friends" with me because I am weird at friendship, but I have to say, following all of your lives for 10 years has meant so much to me. I care so much about many of you. I hope we can stay in touch through other means and I can find out if your kids still grow every year and if your cats, dogs and birds are still cute.

And really, hats off to the mods for creating and maintaining what has been the healthiest internet community I have ever frequented. You have helped us stay nice, vegan and welcoming, but always real.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

B_A_D wrote:
God even looking thru the names of who is online and seeing people from the old forums and remember so many things.

'Tis like old times again...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:23 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I agree. I wish there were a way to prevent fragmentation. It's great though that over 40 people have a.ready joined the goodreads group!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:03 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Mars wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
and I'm really emotionally attached to it/y'all.

Me too. :( It's... it's like the closest I've felt to having feelings of 'family'. That sounds cheesy as fork but I totally mean it. Like, sometimes we squabble and annoy each other, but we also care deeply for one another and are always wanting to know how we're doing and want to help talk things through with another and support each other. And sometimes people who don't understand that come in and post weird things and we get to snicker amongst one another and cry with each other and laugh with each other and...

I'll totally join the new whatever it is that we do, but I'm so scared we'll loose the flow and it won't be like this anymore.

I love you all so much.

Me to, I am having a lot of anxiety that with time or without the forums we'll all drift apart and I am doing a really shitty job at holding it together.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:06 am 
Married to the wolfman

I broke one of my cardinal rules and mixed alcohol and internetting, which was enjoyable at the time, but now I will spend all day today having Bad Feelings about it.

ETA: and thinking about times I have drunk internetted in the past reminded me of the "who's drunk right now" thread. Everything is going to be a sad PPK tie in for a while!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737, 738  Next