| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736 ... 738  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:13 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

MissGabbster wrote:
My dog decided a couple weeks ago that she no longer wants to eat kibble. So with a bit of research and encouragement from a few friends who feed raw, I've reluctantly decided to switch her to the raw diet.

The thought is making me feel so ill and hypocritical even though she's been fed meaty dog food her entire life and with her food sensitivities she wouldn't be able to switch to VDog.

I don't think you're being a hypocrite. You're actually aware of what you're doing and making an informed choice: to feed an animal that can't handle a vegan diet the meat it would otherwise eat anyway. It's the people who routinely eat animals without thinking about it who are hypocrites.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:53 am 
WRETCHED

Tigon wrote:
MissGabbster wrote:
My dog decided a couple weeks ago that she no longer wants to eat kibble. So with a bit of research and encouragement from a few friends who feed raw, I've reluctantly decided to switch her to the raw diet.

The thought is making me feel so ill and hypocritical even though she's been fed meaty dog food her entire life and with her food sensitivities she wouldn't be able to switch to VDog.

I don't think you're being a hypocrite. You're actually aware of what you're doing and making an informed choice: to feed an animal that can't handle a vegan diet the meat it would otherwise eat anyway. It's the people who routinely eat animals without thinking about it who are hypocrites.

I was just thinking about this today because both my dogs and cats have derailed me on food in general. I only have 1 dog on vegan food now and cats are on a Purina brand.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

linanil wrote:
Tigon wrote:
MissGabbster wrote:

I was just thinking about this today because both my dogs and cats have derailed me on food in general. I only have 1 dog on vegan food now and cats are on a Purina brand.

Taking care of your companion animals doesn't make you a hypocrite. I know it sucks when things don't work out according to plan, but you are providing them with the very best care you can and supporting them with the food they need at this time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:35 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

vaguebooking, but: leadership at an org that I like a lot did some questionable stuff today (for status quo reasons) and I'm not impressed. Hoping it gets resolved properly once everyone has had a tea and a nap.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:25 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I was supposed to go visit a friend in LA this weekend, but she and I simultaneously got sick and don't want to do a germ exchange so we're pushing it back to next month. Also I was up all night puking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Woke up to a text saying my dad had to be taken to hospital by ambulance in the night. I was due to visit my folks anyway, but I spent my time getting ready to leave for the visit crying in the shower and wondering if I'd get there in time. It turned out not to be as bad as I feared but that is not a good start to the weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm sorry, dropscone. I hope he has a speedy recovery. <3

This is more a PSP+ I guess, but I'm pretty bummed: my car is broken down. Radiator hose blew? Probably? Need to have it checked out. Hopefully it's a quick/cheap fix. I'm broke with medical bills. Being pregnant and sick with a cold on the side of the road on a chilly night, close to midnight, was not fun last night. I was also alone. My partner came to keep me company, even though it was her birthday (wow!).

My dad said to drive it to his work and I didn't make it. I had to park behind a random business and hope they won't tow it. Ugh. It wouldn't be so bad if the bus by my house ran much. It stops running at 6pm on weekends and 7pm on weekdays. Guess who gets off work at 9pm???

Sorry. I'm so whiny. I'm just upset.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:47 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

That sucks! I think it's perfectly valid to be whiny about buses that stop running so early. Who came up with a schedule that doesn't go past 7 PM?

The public transportation in my city is the same way. It should be really convenient and has lots of stops, but the hours are ridiculous. Everything stops too early and almost nothing runs on Sundays. The people in charge say they have to run reduced hours because not enough people use the buses and trains, apparently not realizing that more people WOULD use public transportation if it ran all of the times that it would be convenient for people to use it. To top it off, the smog here is really bad in the winter, so anything that makes people drive less would be a good thing for everyone who lives here

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:54 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

It's mostly consumer demand. The bus also runs every hour, and I've NEVER seen standing room only. Ever.

It just doesn't make sense to keep running a bus if there's not enough customers to pay for it during those hours. Like. . . I get it. I just wish I didn't live in such a shitty neighborhood, bus-wise? I think the issue is that while yes, there are two big apartment complexes. . . It's kind of middle-poor. Like, you can't live here if you're in poverty. No subsidized agreements and the rent would be too high without. So lots of people HAVE cars or HAVE banker hours. Or both! Plus, beyond these two complexes, it's like a sea of legit houses with several cars parked out front. Middle class and middle poor. . . not a lot of public transit demand.

Our bus system actually isn't that bad, overall. If you live more "inner city," you can get around. Our main street has a bus that leaves every 10 minutes and makes only major stops - it's super convenient! I just picked a shitty place to move into.

tl;dr the bus thing is my own fault, really, but damn it I hate my car right now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:06 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I worked six hours too many at a wine show (with a long commute), and I am sick with a brutal reaction to antibiotics I'm on. I can't believe I didn't projectile vomit in peoples' faces. Especially when they were slightly drunk trying to properly use the spittoons.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:44 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

vijita wrote:
I worked six hours too many at a wine show (with a long commute), and I am sick with a brutal reaction to antibiotics I'm on. I can't believe I didn't projectile vomit in peoples' faces. Especially when they were slightly drunk trying to properly use the spittoons.

oh I just died a little.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:30 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Found out a long long lost friend/pseudo relative passed away. He was only a couple of years older than me. i remember racing hotwheels cars with this kid when I was little. His aunt was like :0

A small town queer kid who broke out of the mold of what people expected him to be. i remember relatives being like "he'll get HIV!!!" and at the end? He pretty much got chicken pox.

RIP Shane, you'll be missed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:56 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm so sorry, coldandsleepy. What a terrible loss.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:13 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm so sorry, c & s.

My body decided to add a stomach bug to my already miserable cold. Thanks for that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:02 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I got a call at 9:15 this morning asking me if I knew I was supposed to be at work today, because I had a 9:00 patient waiting. I most definitely did NOT know I was supposed to be at work. This is like my worst nightmare!!! My schedule is different every week and I am always double and triple checking it because I literally have nightmares about accidentally not showing up for work. And then it happened. I was preparing for a day off with my daughter, so when I got that call and freaked out, she freaked out and cried as I threw clothes on and ran out the door. Fortunately my partner is incredibly flexible and can be off with her today and work when I get home. But OMG I have been so flustered all day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:15 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

It's more of a cluster of things than one thing. The TL;DR version is that my work (as a freelancer) is not so great at the moment.

I have a very stressful job on at the moment which is far from home, so I'm working some long days including travel time, and feeling tired and worn down and stressed a lot. Plus I'm going away with a short job on Saturday morning (as in less than 48 hours away) and still haven't been given travel or accommodation details which is setting off massive alarm bells. Some bad financial stuff has happened (such as Parcel Force losing a package for my business with £500 worth of equipment inside and so far not accepting the compensation claim which apparently has to come from the seller not me so it's totally out of my control). I need a break so badly at the moment but can't take one until at least mid-October and probably later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:44 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I missed my previous physiotherapist. We moved, I'm at a new clinic, I have seen 2 people (each 2x) and have not received the kind of treatment I need, so my back and brain are freaking out and :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I woke up with an obsession that I have tetanus and I can't work out if it's ocd or if I should see a doctor.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:06 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lutin wrote:
I missed my previous physiotherapist. We moved, I'm at a new clinic, I have seen 2 people (each 2x) and have not received the kind of treatment I need, so my back and brain are freaking out and :(

That is rough, it's hard finding a good physiotherapist and it makes the whole process a thousand times more stressful then it needs to be. I wound up switching clinics because the last place was just so awful during my first few appointments I would stress out about going back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Quail wrote:
I woke up with an obsession that I have tetanus and I can't work out if it's ocd or if I should see a doctor.

Do you have any symptoms or have you been in a situation recently where you might have exposed yourself to risk? Have you been vaccinated against tetanus?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:30 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

dropscone wrote:
Quail wrote:

Do you have any symptoms or have you been in a situation recently where you might have exposed yourself to risk? Have you been vaccinated against tetanus?

I can't think of any time I could have been exposed to tetanus recently, but I also can't remember when I last had a booster. I think I might try and get a booster asap to put my mind at rest. I just had a slight weird pain in my jaw I think and my brain went a bit crazy trying to figure out the cause.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:09 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

My friend's cat died last night and I don't have the faintest clue how to support her. Gravy was an exceptional, amazing cat, and she got my friend through SO MANY hard times, especially with regards to mental health. I want to support her, but I don't know how and I am full of pain for her loss.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Awww sorry, DC. I wonder if she'd like a visit from you and finn. Puppy snuggles can be very healing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:23 am 
Ninja Master

DarthCupcake wrote:
My friend's cat died last night and I don't have the faintest clue how to support her. Gravy was an exceptional, amazing cat, and she got my friend through SO MANY hard times, especially with regards to mental health. I want to support her, but I don't know how and I am full of pain for her loss.

My best friend invited me over and cooked me dinner (not something she does often) and bought me wine when Jazzy died. Just a hug and a chance to cry and talk about it was nice, that's really all you can do.

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:32 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Often just spending time with someone can be helpful. Food sometimes helps too, its rough all around to lose a family member and everyone reacts differently even just letting her know your thinking of her and available for whatever they need can be helpful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736 ... 738  Next