| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16073 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409 ... 643  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

booberthefraggle wrote:
gcz, have you checked with a doctor? if you have health insurance it's probably worth it just to be safe, having a stomach ache that bad for more than a day could be an ulcer, and it's better to deal with that sooner.

I feel bad about how much posting I'm doing in this thread lately, but things are still rough and it's just.. ugh it's impossible for me to vent to anyone in real life so I just am using this thread as an outlet, so pls feel free to skip over this all.
I just feel like I'm so out of control right now emotionally. I'm usually pretty together all the time (occasionally to a degree that makes me seem like a robot), even in bad times, but lately I've just been feeling like a raw nerve ALL the time. it's exhausting. I seriously am NEVER like this, it used to take so much to make me feel bad about anything, and now I feel like crying like half the time I am awake (I never actually do, but you know that like, about to go off feeling? where your chest just hurts a lot and things feel sort of fuzzy? ) I actually didn't go to my internship today (huge deal to me, I never miss classes or work like, EVER) because I was just feeling too wrecked to be around people.
I don't know what to do to stop this. I thought I was so in control of myself, it's kind of scary not to feel that way anymore.

Awww, I'm so sorry Boober. If you feel like crying half the time you're awake and there's no real reason for it, you should probably be seeing a therapist if you're not already. Don't be afraid to get help!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:07 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm feeling stressed, so much so that I'm nauseous. I want to go to the gym but I don't because I feel so crappy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Hugs to everyone in this thread!

I'm dealing with grad school depression and anxiety (just went to dr today to address it -- yay!) and I'm easily triggered these days. I feel like I need to be in a safe, warm space all the time or I'll spiral into some pretty heavy negativity. I was taking a break outside when a clique from my lab walked by, sat down at the table I was at, and proceeded to gossip about other people in lab -- their personalities, their personal lives, their work ethic, etc. It was so negative and toxic and now I'm feeling really down. I know they talk shiitake on everyone, and I started thinking about all the bad stuff they probably say about me. Wah.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:20 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Do you really, honestly care what they say about you? I mean, really? If the answer is no, try to let it go.

I know, easier said than done, but the only way to survive those people. It's also very freeing. My mom nags me when My GED books and crepe pile up too high in my car: "what will the neighbors think? They will think the whole house is a mess." I could not possibly care less. If they have nothing better to do than peer in my car windows and make assumptions, so be it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:27 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I think lavawitch has a good point up to a point, but I work with a couple of similar people and it's depressing to think they go around judging everyone negatively their whole lives on top of what they might be saying about me behind my back. I get angry on everyone else's behalf. The only thing that works for me is walking away. I tend to find a lot to do in the post area or need to go to the toilet a lot sometimes!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I know, but what can you do about it? Are there *any* feasible solutions other than shrugging and walking away? You can call them on shiitake they say about other people and eventually they will make sure you can't hear them, but that takes too much energy for me after a while.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:55 pm 
Semen Strong

Negative people suck. They really do. I am sorry for anyone who has to deal with them. I hated my last job because people were crassholes there and in part, I love being home because I am surrounded by such amazing people.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:27 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

The kid I was baby sitting today peed on the bathroom wall, he did not aim well. Since this was the worst thing about my day, I really, really can't complain.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

JonnyWoop wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

Awww, I'm so sorry Boober. If you feel like crying half the time you're awake and there's no real reason for it, you should probably be seeing a therapist if you're not already. Don't be afraid to get help!

oh, uh, yeah there is totally a reason. lots of big shiitake has gone down recently and I am having a little bit of trouble juggling insane stress, grief, and some reactionary insomnia brought on by said shiitake.

(I'm in a position of caregiving, work three jobs, and go to school full time, I don't have time to deal with a lot of emotions in a healthy manner and as such they have been leaking in to my daily life)

but yeah, not afraid to get help! if this continues I will probably go see a counselor at some point.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
The kid I was baby sitting today peed on the bathroom wall, he did not aim well. Since this was the worst thing about my day, I really, really can't complain.

ahah, moon! totally been there while nannying, little dudes have some major aim issues.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

booberthefraggle wrote:
I'm in a position of caregiving, work three jobs, and go to school full time

Jesus, that sounds impossible. It's like you need that doohickey Hermione had. Good luck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

linanil wrote:
I'm feeling stressed, so much so that I'm nauseous. I want to go to the gym but I don't because I feel so crappy.

DO EEET! You will feel much better for having gone than not! I speak from much crappy-feeling gym-avoiding experience. Imagine the entire PPK is cheering you on from the interwebs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:42 pm 
WRETCHED

parkerk wrote:
linanil wrote:

DO EEET! You will feel much better for having gone than not! I speak from much crappy-feeling gym-avoiding experience. Imagine the entire PPK is cheering you on from the interwebs.

I went and then my husband went to WF and bought me kombucha. I'm feeling much better.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Still have a little pain, but I'd say my worst thing is that I'm crazy tired. I'm scared if I don't get a real vacation soon I'm going to crash.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

linanil wrote:
parkerk wrote:
linanil wrote:

I went and then my husband went to WF and bought me kombucha. I'm feeling much better.

I was inspired by this to get off my butt and do yoga. I've had a crappy day and was going to skip the workout. I feel a million times better now. :)

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:44 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

After a crazy stressful day at work and a frustrating chemistry review, my mom called during class. I was too anxious to wait until I got home, so I called as soon as I got outside.

My aunt was in a head-on collision tonight. She didn't make it. She was my godmother, my babysitter, a NICU nurse, and one of the nicest, most generously loving people I've known. She'd been having health problems the last couple years, and it always seemed unfair for those things to happen to someone so good. Now this.

I probably won't be able to make the funeral, because it's 3+ hours by train, and next week is finals. This sucks so hard.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Last edited by kara kara on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ah jeez kara kara I'm so sorry <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so very sorry kara kara. How devastating.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Kara kara, I'm so sorry. This is one of the worst things ever posted in this thread.

Much love to you and your family.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

And TOPPED by seeing her post congratulations my pregnant cousin's 'It's a boy' announcement earlier today. She NEVER posted anything on there. Holy shiitake.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Oh kara kara, I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a client threaten to kill me, my kids and burn my work down today. Good day.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:29 am 
Dead by dawn

I'm so sorry kara kara. <3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 am 
Ninja Master

I'm sorry for your loss, kara kara, that is awful.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:57 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh Jesus, kara kara. How horrifying. I'm sorry for your loss.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Thanks for all the relatable comments on anxiety disorders, you guys. I will try the "if only for the physical aspect of it"-approach to breathing exercises next time I feel like crepe. :)

kara kara, so sorry to hear. Also, how painful that you will probably not be able to make it to her funeral. Have you tried asking your superiors/advisor about it though? I can imagine that they might be willing to make exceptions to hard rules about examinations if it's a death in the immediate family?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16073 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409 ... 643  Next