| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:11 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i got a summons for jury duty AGAIN!!
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the first time i went i was 18 and now roughly every 5 years since.
grrrrrr.......

i have no problem fulfilling my civic duty but it seems like the pool they pull the names from are all the same people over and over. how have i gone 4 times by the time im 35 and i know SEVERAL people in their 60s who have NEVER gone.

grrr..

AND i have to go really far away AND i will be over 7 months pregnant.
there is a courthouse in my own town.

i filled out the "hardship" part and asked to be transferred to the courthouse near me since i will be 7+ months pregnant but im not sure they will care.

>_<

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:15 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Isn't there a thing if you served you can opt out? I think you only need to serve once every five years or something? I've opted out I know.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

you have to have served in the last three years. ive been ALOT but it's been more than 3 years.
WAAHHHHH

i have no valid reason to opt out. there is very few valid reasons.
you can choose to opt out if you are over 70
if you've served in the past 3 years
under 18
if you are the sole caretaker of someone with disabilities in the same household.

i think you can have medical reasons too but im not sure of what the scope has to be. i dont think being pregnant counts. ;-) bummer!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh and if you've moved out of the county you can opt out OR if you are living outside the county (but i guess still have a residence in the county?)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:46 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Just found out that the person who was supposed to close tonight at work called in sick. I'm pretty sure she did it on purpose to spite me, so now instead of being off at 830 tonight, I could be stuck here until 11pm. I really hope karma takes care of this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Last night my boyfriend and I went to a gallery/film screening. My boyfriend makes movies as you might know and went he up to talk to the one of the directors that he has talked to on FB. In the middle of the convo (like 2 minutes in), the guy sees someone he knows, turns around and walks away, not bothering to say anything. forking rude!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I got 15 viles of blood drawn this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:28 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mom screaming at me in front of my friend because I won't get confrontational with my math teacher. Uh, grow the fork up. It seems we can't pass a week without her losing her forking mind about something that doesn't concern her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

LisaPunk wrote:
you have to have served in the last three years. ive been ALOT but it's been more than 3 years.
WAAHHHHH

i have no valid reason to opt out. there is very few valid reasons.
you can choose to opt out if you are over 70
if you've served in the past 3 years
under 18
if you are the sole caretaker of someone with disabilities in the same household.

i think you can have medical reasons too but im not sure of what the scope has to be. i dont think being pregnant counts. ;-) bummer!

If your pregnancy will make it hard for you to sit long hours or focus, it's worth mentioning. We excused at least three people during one of my last trials because they were unable to sit for long, would need frequent breaks or would otherwise be in pain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am 
Married to the wolfman

In California, you can also be excused if you're the primary caretaker of a child under a certain age and/or are breastfeeding.

It's early to call it because overall course grades haven't been posted yet, but my exam grade in one of my classes was so abysmal that i may have legitimately failed it. It's the intro class in my area of expertise and I've taken roughly the same class seriously 3 other times at other schools and have always done very well in it, but 70% of the grade in this version is on the multiple choice (aka no partial credit) exams, both of which I bombed. I got 60% on the final when the class average was 65.

It's such a small thing compared to so many other things but I will be crushed if I don't pass it.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

first, some major <3's to y'all in this thread.

It's killing me that I cant be in philly this holiday season. I know it is going to be so hard for the people I care about and all I want in the world is to be able to be there, physically, to not just call and say "I am here" but be there. That family provided a sense of safety in the storm of my adolesence and this is going to be so horrible for them without him. I'm so mad I have to work and that I have obligations and that I can't just drop everything and offer support.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:08 am 
Nailed to the V

ScooterDiva wrote:
I really hope karma takes care of this.

It WILL! It always does!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 pm 
WRETCHED

So I went to the gym yesterday, left my water bottle there (klean kanteen) accidentally. When I went today and asked, no one had turned it in and it was no where to be found.

Then, in my gym class, I tripped and fell, hitting the instructor platform. A few more inches and I could've cracked my ribs but I hit my stomach, knee and forearm which all hurt. My forearm most of all and we are travelling tomorrow. I almost blacked out and thought I was going to end up at the hospital but after 20 minutes or so, I started to feel better and no more black spots in my vision. Lastly, I hate being the fat girl that fell in class.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:42 pm 
A Bad Person

I was really hoping that story would have ended with "and I saw my water bottle under the instructor platform, so everything works out!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:01 pm 
WRETCHED

ha! no, I was really upset about my water bottle because its a horrible time to go to the store for a replacement and we are traveling tomorrow and I'd like my water bottle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:18 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i worked today (parents bookshop) and it was so horribly stressful. i threw up twice just from stress :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:45 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I about had a breakdown at work. There were a few tears, but for the most part, I was able to keep it together. It wasn't even really the whole Christmas thing. It was mostly crepe from my non-work life seeping in. My stupid period was being extra stupid (cup would not catch ANYthing), so it was really exacerbating every little annoyance of the day.

Plus, I really, really, really miss Fred. We sleep beside each other every night, but our schedules are so different that we really only see each other for about an hour when he gets home at 2am. It's stressing me out so much. I hate it.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

One of the leads from the ferret rescue I use to volunteer with emailed me today. I pretty much lived there the last two years of high school, but then they had a distemper out break and I realized I needed a break. But then a few months break turned into over a year. I feel terrible and like I let them down (I was one of the few volunteers they asked to come back after the outbreak).

I don't know what to do. On one hand I really miss volunteering and I had been pretty close with the leads and want to see them again, but at the same time the thought of going back is making me feel sad. Blah. I'm going to email her back in the morning, and ask if I can go up to visit and talk to them in person. I really want to work with them, but I don't know if I can work directly with all the ferrets anymore. Thinking about all the ones who passed away makes me really sad still.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My stomach is off today :( It just hurts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:41 pm 
Nailed to the V

(just this detail I had forgotten about jerusalem artishokes)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I was taking the train down to Belgium tonight, after a verrrrrrry long, busy day at work. (Retail two days before Christmas; need I say more?) I was exhausted and already at the end of my tether after a few very stressful weeks. I was looking forward to just relaxing in the train and getting to my boyfriend's house, and then my backpack was stolen from the train before we even left Amsterdam.

I forking lost it in the train, and started bawling my head off. The train personnel told me they couldn't do anything and that I should report it to the police at my end station tomorrow. There's basically no chance of getting anything back, but I guess it's still important to report it. Luckily, I had all of my valuables (wallet, phone, ipad, keys) on me, but now I've got no extra clothes, no extra underwear, my Christmas gift for my boyfriend is gone, all my makeup is gone (including the last of the MAC stuff I had), and a bunch of important paperwork too. (They can't do anything with it and I can reprint it, so it's more a pain in the asparagus than anything.)

There was a really nice woman in the train who came over while I was crying and talked to me. She helped to remind me that while it sucked, I was ok, and nothing I lost was really important. We were even able to laugh about what a surprise the thieves would have upon opening the bag and discovering little more than a giant birdhouse (I'd gotten my bf a sparrow condo for the garden) and a pack of menstrual pads. It's true that in the big scheme of things, this is little more than an inconvenience. Still, I feel so stupid (I left it unattended, which I know better than to do) and I'm really going to miss that backpack. It's the one I got for my trip to Australia for my 40th birthday, and it's racked up a lot of miles with me. And while none of the items in there is worth a shiitake for resale, I just calculated, and it'll likely cost me upward of 600 Euros and a good deal of effort to replace it all (that's including the backpack itself). Oh, and they got my diva cup and epilator. forkers.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:27 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Lepelaar, that sucks!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:06 am 
Nailed to the V

oh noooooooooo!!!!!!! same happened to me in bruxelles midi 3 months ago. it was horrible but i was surprised to see how quickly we accept such fatality; i dont think you should blame yself for having left it unattended, you are still the victim and only the thieves are to blame !!!!! (and they steal stuff that are worthless for them and priceless for you, that s so absurd...) im sure your bf will confort you with special belgian xmas hugs!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:13 am 
Nailed to the V

well as for me my plane is delayed (4h30) but that s not the worst : speculoos spread is explicitely forbidden on board: ...they have a shelter displaying a few forbidden items as examples and there is a speculoos jar -how CRUEL is that!!!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:20 am 
And you never will.

Emilie wrote:
well as for me my plane is delayed (4h30) but that s not the worst : speculoos spread is explicitely forbidden on board: ...they have a shelter displaying a few forbidden items as examples and there is a speculoos jar -how CRUEL is that!!!! :D

How terrible! Well, there's only one answer - open up the jar right there in security and eat it in front of them. Eat it all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422 ... 619  Next