| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm 
Nailed to the V

I understand but still I tend to agree with Tofuwoman -I mean pleaaaase just don't blame yourself <3
please please please! take care!

Last edited by Emilie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

So I am home, again. I went to my mom's for a few days because I was feeling so crappy (this recovery is taking longer than I thought it would) and I didn't want to deal with the tension at home. It is SO TENSE. I just want to run away.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

So sorry, j-dub. People are such jerks.

Is your recovering really going slower or are you just being impatient? Remember, it happens in stages, and it really does take a while to get over just the general blahs from a fairly major surgery. The anesthesia alone takes a lot to get over for most people. I felt like this also, and it was frustrating, but I didn't have major complications and ended up more or less on schedule, but it felt like forever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm 

lavawitch wrote:
So sorry, j-dub. People are such jerks.

Is your recovering really going slower or are you just being impatient? Remember, it happens in stages, and it really does take a while to get over just the general blahs from a fairly major surgery. The anesthesia alone takes a lot to get over for most people. I felt like this also, and it was frustrating, but I didn't have major complications and ended up more or less on schedule, but it felt like forever.

I think it's probably pretty normal, but the doc was talking like I'd be up and about after a week. It's been two weeks now and I'm not sure if I'll be up to going to work tomorrow so...

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:13 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Jdub when my daughter had abdominal surgery this summer her surgeon told she would be acting normal after a week or two but it truely took 6 to 8 weeks to truely recover. Give your body time. It was probably a good choice to stay with your mom again. Stress will definitely slow recovery. I hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Whoa, two weeks and ack to work? Holy cow.

I was out for 4-6, no question about that from the start. She wanted me doing normal things after the first 7-10 days, but in small doses, not full work days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:54 pm 

Yeah, I'm totally, totally wiped all the time. But also really can't afford to miss more work, so...I will see how I'm feeling tomorrow and take it from there. I may see if I can just work half days this week or something. I wish I could work from home!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
But my mom is right, I shouldn't have Molly because I can't take care of her.

That is just bullshiitake. You are the best bird caregiver ever. You love her so much. Your mom seems like she alternates between being really nice to you and being really mean. I am sorry that you're having a tough time and I think its pretty normal to sleep when you're in pain and work as hard as you do. Sending you tons of good thoughts.

If I'm alseep, I'm not taking care of Molly and my mom has to do it. She is sick of that because Molly is the messiest of the birds. It I true that if I couldn't leave her upstairs with the other birds, she would be alone in her cage too often.

I haven't been very good about taking the lexapro lately so my mom is pretty pissed off about that. She is right that it's my own fault I'm feeling so lousy. It just takes so much energy to do helpful things; I don't think I care enough to do them.

Be careful about not taking the Lexapro. Assuming it's like other drugs of it's class, you could end up with serious side effects! It's as important that you take care of yourself as much as it is that you are there for Molly and your students!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

It's only a low dose. I've been intermittently forgetting to take it for years. I guess it helps; I shouldn't forget.

The students don't give a crepe. They don't study, don't do their work, don't come to class. More than a third are failing, and I'll probably be fired for it. The grades are so low and so much missing, that there is nothing I can do to fudge. I'm just told to "work with the kids." we are t supposed to fail anybody. I had an email tonight from a mom. Egging me to talk to her son about grades. He just laughs at me and stops coming to class anytime I talk to him. He informs me that he doesn't need this class to graduate, so he isn't going to do anything. For most of the kids, they are just in my class to kill a credit, not because they need a science to graduate, so they are totally cool with doing nothing and failing. I can't fight that attitude. They also continually tell me they wish they had the other teacher who they see as being more fun because she is close to their own age (she is a good teacher, but I think she is way too chummy with them).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Some crasshole hacked my sister's email and sent a virus link to everyone in her address book. I saw the email in my inbox and kind of hoped that she had set a delayed message that contained comforting words. I wanted to email back and tell them off about hacking a dead person's account, but I didn't want to become the next target.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh fatcat, that is horrible. I am so sorry.

J-dub, your 'friend' is just really selfish. I am so sorry you're having a hard time. When I had knee surgery, I got back to work after 5 weeks, and that was outpatient surgery. I am sorry you can't stay home longer and heal up, but as others have said, better take the time to heal and then go back fully healed than prolong your healing by going back too early.

LW, I am sorry that you're having a rough time. It sounds really frustrating, especially if you think you may be fired.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

j-dub wrote:
Yeah, I'm totally, totally wiped all the time. But also really can't afford to miss more work, so...I will see how I'm feeling tomorrow and take it from there. I may see if I can just work half days this week or something. I wish I could work from home!

I can't even imagine being back to work. I wasn't allowed to lift my infant daughter and needed help for 6 weeks. I was able to care for myself easily by two weeks but easily tired. Take care of yourself. Half days sound like a good idea. Are you at least feeling better nausea wise? Able to eat normal foods again?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Today was the day that I realized I really am drinking too much. The past few weeks have been some of my worst, and I realize that I've been drunk through most of my memories of it. Unfortunately I really can't see any other way through it all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I don't think I'd be fired, I know. 50% of our evaluations this year are student scores.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 pm 

Amajorrecords wrote:
j-dub wrote:

I can't even imagine being back to work. I wasn't allowed to lift my infant daughter and needed help for 6 weeks. I was able to care for myself easily by two weeks but easily tired. Take care of yourself. Half days sound like a good idea. Are you at least feeling better nausea wise? Able to eat normal foods again?

I am still nauseous, but it's definitely better. And the gas pain is mostly gone at this point, thankfully! Still sore in the shoulder but nowhere near as intense as it was. Blessedly I can eat almost anything now. I've tried a bunch of former-trigger foods and the only one that gave me trouble was roasted nuts. But daiya, avocado, tahini have all been fine. Yay!

It's interesting to me that the doctor played it off like I would be back to normal in no time (and absolutely NO mention of gas pain!), but your guys' experience--and what I've read elsewhere on the internet--paints a very different picture.

ETA: and Flavabean, please be gentle with yourself. I can't imagine how painful what you're going through is. Is talking to a counselor an option at all?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

flavabean wrote:
Today was the day that I realized I really am drinking too much. The past few weeks have been some of my worst, and I realize that I've been drunk through most of my memories of it. Unfortunately I really can't see any other way through it all.

But then today is also the day when you have realized that you can move onward in a different way. You have to put on those boots and get through that muck and maybe there are better things ahead. Once more unto the breach!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

The person I sat beside on the plane was reading a hunting magazine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Falling really forking hard right on my tailbone while rollerskating (first time ever)... same tailbone I had the abscess that was just drained like three days ago. It forkin hurts like a bisque.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:00 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ouch, Mars!

flavabean wrote:

Big hugs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:25 am 
Ninja Master

j-dub wrote:

Take it easy and at your own pace!

Everyone I knew who had gallbladder removed (or 'knew someone who did') was apparently fine after a few days and I think my boss expected me back to work after a week. But I had to get signed off by the doc. It was 2 full weeks before I felt even remotely ok enough to go back to work and even then I wasn't fully over it. I was struggling to twist and sitting in a desk chair for long periods of time was painful for a bit. And that is keyhole surgery!

Edit: oh and gas pain, yeah that was awful. For me, aside from my stomach feeling huge and bloated, it was my shoulder! Everytime I stood up (or struggled to my feet with help from my mum) it shot up to my right shoulder. So painful. They didn't warn me about that.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:18 am 
WRETCHED

flavabean wrote:

The realization is a good thing, I think. I would say be gentle to yourself. I know it is hard when you are going through a tough time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Sick on my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Ouch, Mars, I'm in pain just hearing about that! I hope you are ok.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lavawitch wrote:
It's only a low dose. I've been intermittently forgetting to take it for years. I guess it helps; I shouldn't forget.

The students don't give a crepe. They don't study, don't do their work, don't come to class. More than a third are failing, and I'll probably be fired for it. The grades are so low and so much missing, that there is nothing I can do to fudge. I'm just told to "work with the kids." we are t supposed to fail anybody. I had an email tonight from a mom. Egging me to talk to her son about grades. He just laughs at me and stops coming to class anytime I talk to him. He informs me that he doesn't need this class to graduate, so he isn't going to do anything. For most of the kids, they are just in my class to kill a credit, not because they need a science to graduate, so they are totally cool with doing nothing and failing. I can't fight that attitude. They also continually tell me they wish they had the other teacher who they see as being more fun because she is close to their own age (she is a good teacher, but I think she is way too chummy with them).

Oh, I'm sorry. For what it's worth, I was a little like that at times in high school, and...I'm really, really sorry about it. I feel like I should just visit my high school and make rounds apologizing to all the teachers I had. I know that doesn't help now.
Ironically, I'm going to be a teacher, so I suppose I'll be dealing with the same kind of kid I was.

pandacookie wrote:
flavabean wrote:

But then today is also the day when you have realized that you can move onward in a different way. You have to put on those boots and get through that muck and maybe there are better things ahead. Once more unto the breach!

Panda is the wisest. Big hugs, be kind to yourself.

I guess I have a Twitter now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 617  Next