| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 am 
Semen Strong

People are more important than things. Its sad that your mom lost a blender, but you have such a tough situation with your health and your job
and you are pretty amazing with how much you do in the face of chronic pain, I hate to see you add more suffering on yourself.

Just to say that I am sending you good thoughts. <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:06 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

lavawitch wrote:
I just broke the Vitamix that my mom has had for over twenty years. She is crying and throwing up.

I have no idea how to afford a replacement.

I understand Vitamixes are sometimes 'Today's Special Value' on QVC and I know QVC offer payment plans.

Alternatively, you might be able to find the part that's broken on eBay?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I got my Vitamix when it was a today's special value on QVC and on a payment plan, LW. I think it was like $65 a month and no interest. Not sure if that helps or not. Hugs to you and your momma!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm 
WRETCHED

ashley wrote:
My dog had a diarrhea explosion all over the living room. I don't know when it happened, but I just stumbled upon it. That was fun to clean up. And I'm pretty sure the carpet cleaner I used kind of bleached the carpet, so that is also awesome.

This was my dog in his crate last night. Luckily it was fairly centralized but it did mean me giving him a bath at 4am, cleaning everything up, etc. Luckily everything he dirtied was able to be thrown in the washer after cleaning up as much as I could with bags.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

ndpittman wrote:
I got my Vitamix when it was a today's special value on QVC and on a payment plan, LW. I think it was like $65 a month and no interest. Not sure if that helps or not. Hugs to you and your momma!

That sounds like a good deal. It looks like Best Buy also has an 18-month financing option, but charges interest.

Normally I would say accidents happen and not to put yourself through the financial burden, but I have a mom who never buys things for herself either so I know how you feel, lavawitch.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Kinda trivial but: I'm sick. Been sick for a week +. Might have a fever, but this thermometer is really inaccurate so I can't be sure.
1: I pretty much never get sick for this long so I'm paranoid it's the flu and
2: I really really really do not have time for the flu.
Gah. Double major/two jobs blues. :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My dad took it completely apart and thinks he can rig up some replacement gears on the drive shaft. He said that's the only part broken, so fingers crossed. So, I should only need to buy a new jar.

My mom isn't upset anymore. Well I'm sure she is, but she puts things behind her quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 pm 
Saggy Butt

lavawitch, try ebay! They have older models often, maybe they have an inexpensive one you can use for parts/replacement. I wish I'd looked there more before buying one new.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Been in this funk too long.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 pm 
Chip Strong

Can definitely tell I'm coming down with something. Throat feels all wrong. And supposed to meet with people re new job in 3 days and start new job soon. This always happens to me at the start of a new job. My body cannot deal with the stress and my immune system becomes compromised. That's my theory anyway. It seems to happen like clockwork.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

I feel gross and icky today and I cant shake it. technically this is the “worst thing about my day yesterday” but it’s carrying over to today and I cant shake the violated and generally unsafe feeling. First the weirdness from the weekend. We had the big huge blizzard this past weekend and got about 2.5 feet o snow. Sunday morning we discovered our mailbox was just completely gone. We assumed the plow knocked it down and were investigating when our neighbor across the street who was outside yelled over “hey is that your recycle bin over there?” (ie on a giant snowbank basically on his lawn) and I was like “NOOOOOO let’s not be crazy how would it have gotten way over THERE?!?!” and then I looked back where previously both the recycling and trash cans had been basically buried in the 10 feet of snow to discover only the trash can was there now and in fact my recycle bin was in the middle of his lawn. So I dug it out of the snow bank and brought it back. upon further investigation of these strange events we discovered there was no way that the plow took our mailbox because the plow had not come within 3 feet of our mailbox and there were FOOTPRINTS all over the snow where our mailbox used to be and we hadn’t gotten the mail since Thursday because of the storm so they werent our footprints. So basically for the recycling bin someone walked up our driveway, dug it out of the snow, dragged it down our driveway and most likely threw it in the street (and I assume someone driving by then picked it up and threw it in the snowbank in my neighbors yard) AND took our mailbox for some bizarre reason.
So that was really odd but other than general annoyance of the situation and a small icky feeling that people were walking around on our property uninvited we didn’t think too much about it. figured it was dumb teenagers being stupid.
That was until we got home from work yesterday and found a swarm of cop cars in front of our house. Someone had broken into the neighbor’s across the street in the middle of the day and stolen a bunch of stuff. Even though it wasn’t my house I feel completely violated. It happened in the middle of the the afternoon in broad daylight when everyone in the neighborhood was at work. They think around 1:30pm. They basically just bashed in their back door then stole stuff that wasn’t bolted down. So I don’t know if they took the tv but they took jewelry and stuff like that. I just feel so icky all over. I feel terrible for the neighbors. I have all these weird thoughts floating through my head like if it was the same people who stole our mailbox and flung our recycle bin in to the street maybe they were checking out our house and realized we have 2 very loud very barky dogs and decided against it. then I think maybe this person/people could be complete psychos and the type of people that would break into a house and kill the dog to shut it up and one day ill come home to find 5 dead/mangled animals in my house. The whole thing has been very unsettling.
I told my husband at the very least if someone broke into our house they would be disappointed in what was there to steal. My jewelry collection is almost non-existant and isn’t terribly valuable it’s all sentimental. We don’t have stuff that’s worth stealing unless someone wants my ancient laptop that’s dying but I have a lot of sentimental stuff.
Ick. I just feel bllehhhhh…..i didn’t want to leave my house today. I wanted to stay home and protect my house and my guinea pigs. I never wear my engagement ring because the stone in it is fragile (it’s not a diamond) but I would be devastated if someone stole it so im wearing it today.
Why do people suck so hard?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I put too much soy sauce in my sausages and they taste like poo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:47 am 
Chard Martyr

My dad has been having severe migraines/forgetfulness for the past week. When he dropped my mum off at the airport (to come visit me), he stopped to get a sandwich and had to sit in the parking lot for over an hour to get over a particularly bad migraine in preparation for the 2 1/2 hour drive home. I am so worried about him and my mum and I are trying to nag him to get to a doctor immediately but from afar it doesn't work that well. He's 66 but still working f/t as a professor, studying and practicing the piano, building model railways, writing software, doing yard work, reading constantly...pretty much everything that stimulates his mind, but maybe too much. He's had really severe migraines his whole life, so much so that doctors have been worried, but they were usually only a couple a year. I know my mum is really worried because she is usually dismissive of his health woes but she's been calling him five times a day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Gosh, vijita, your dad sounds a lot like mine. He went through a spell of really severe, debilitating migraines, including one that had him sent to the hospital for an overnight stay because it seemed like a stroke, and he has a tendency to overextend and do All of the Things All of the Time (full time computer programmer, national guard, working musician, all sorts of things around the house...) which I think had a lot to do with it. I hope your dad's okay and sees a doctor soon.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm sorry, LisaPunk, that sounds absolutely terrifying.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I caught some monster bug over the weekend. Saturday, it started with a headache, despite being fully hydrated and caffeinated. Later that night, I started feeling achy all over. Sunday, I woke up congested, coughing and just generally feeling run down. I had a minibreakdown when Fred didn't text me back about the grocery situation, but he made me soup, despite me being a jerk.

Monday, I woke up, still feeling shitty, but before I got out of bed, I did something weird to my neck. I suffered through work when I should have called in, missed the bus and had to take a cab because I couldn't move fast enough, had a generally crappy day, had to talk to one of my team leaders about getting major condescending vibes from another team member, nearly started crying while working a display later in the day because my ibuprofen wore off and my neck was in so much pain, and never saw Fred all day, since he was asleep when I left, and I was in bed well before he got home.

This morning, I woke up feeling pretty much the same as yesterday. Thankfully, I'm off, but I was supposed to go to this big Italian tasting, and I'm super bummed that I have to miss it. I never get sick, and usually when I do I'm able to power through it. The neck thing has totally screwed me up, and I have become a giant baby.

At least I have soup and tots, a heating pad, and Netflix.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My dad fixed the Vitamix after all! He ordered some parts online (Vitamix doesnt sell them, but they are official parts). It seems more powerful than ever. We ordered a new container/blade assembly and mom and I are splitting the cost, so the whole thing is resolved for under $200.

I also feel better that it seems some of the parts were wearing down, so I probably just gave it a big final shove. It probably would have needed fixed in a few years anyway.

I went to the optometrist today. I have bubbles on my left cornea, whatever that means and need to see an ophthalmologist. I don't want to k ow what that will cost. I also have to switch to really expensive daily lenses instead of my monthlies. Ugh. My right eye never does much, so my left eye is always super strained, and I guess that's worse now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
My dad fixed the Vitamix after all! He ordered some parts online (Vitamix doesnt sell them, but they are official parts). It seems more powerful than ever. We ordered a new container/blade assembly and mom and I are splitting the cost, so the whole thing is resolved for under $200.

I also feel better that it seems some of the parts were wearing down, so I probably just gave it a big final shove. It probably would have needed fixed in a few years anyway.

I'm so happy you guys were able to fix it. Having an expense like that hanging over you is way too stressful.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:30 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

It's worse when it's self imposed and you feel like the lowest of guilty creatures.

My dad is usually able to fix most anything, so that's good. I wish I'd inherited that particular talent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I make my coffee in a french press. I guess the screen is dented because I just took the last swig of my coffee, and it was like the consistency of gritty sand? Delicious surprise!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 pm 
Chard Martyr

kilgore trout wrote:
Gosh, vijita, your dad sounds a lot like mine. He went through a spell of really severe, debilitating migraines, including one that had him sent to the hospital for an overnight stay because it seemed like a stroke, and he has a tendency to overextend and do All of the Things All of the Time (full time computer programmer, national guard, working musician, all sorts of things around the house...) which I think had a lot to do with it. I hope your dad's okay and sees a doctor soon.

<3!!! I am so protective over my dad. We were really really worried and begged him to get to a doctor immediately, but he's made an appointment for next week so I guess that is the best we can manage for now.

I hope your dad is doing better!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Limone wrote:
I make my coffee in a french press. I guess the screen is dented because I just took the last swig of my coffee, and it was like the consistency of gritty sand? Delicious surprise!

Yum!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vijita wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:

<3!!! I am so protective over my dad. We were really really worried and begged him to get to a doctor immediately, but he's made an appointment for next week so I guess that is the best we can manage for now.

I hope your dad is doing better!

We're in the same boat with my mom. She's clearly not well - she's lost a lot of weight, her calf muscles seem to have atrophied (even though she walks loads), she's getting really bad arthritis, and she's beginning to look stooped. She also has pain in at least one leg, which she can barely lift (so she kinda drags her foot and has to have help putting her shoes on). But she doesn't seem to think it's a problem, so she won't go to the doctor. She's self-diagnosed sciatica, but she won't get it confirmed so she can be given the tools to treat/cope with it. Yes, she's about to be 60, but my grandmother (her mom) is about to be 80, and she's in better health than my mom.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got up at 3:30 this morning to get to the airport, flew to the other side of the country for work, had a full afternoon of meetings after that, went out for dinner with colleagues and our meal took forever to come- and then when I finally got back to my hotel and collapsed into bed, a fire alarm went off. I'm currently sitting here without pants on (because pants can wait until the last minute) awaiting 'further instruction' but it's been like ten minutes and I'm strongly considering just getting back into bed because I am too tired to function.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 pm 
Nailed to the V

sore throat and wanted to skip school but ended up going for two classes. should have just stayed home.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447 ... 619  Next