| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451 ... 632  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19099
Location: Cliffbar NJ
We have playdates with a family who have a foster son that is Leela's age (15m). He is going back to his bio-mom, which is sad because we are going to miss him so much. He is just a really sweet toddler.

On the one hand, I want to be hopeful that this is going to work out well for him, but on the other hand, he has scars all over his body from where she beat him before he was taken from her custody. She is struggling with minimally treated mental health issues, and NJ keeps slashing its budget for mental health services, so the network of services that she would rely on is slowly disappearing.

The more that states cut services, the more the most vulnerable suffer, and it is heartbreaking. This little dude has been through so much, in his short life. I am going to be praying for him.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3107
Location: Sacramento
I made a small mistake at work, and my boss was all, "WHAT IS WITH YOU?!"

I don't know. I guess I am just awful. I don't have any excuse other than being a human who makes mistakes sometimes. Which apparently is invalid.

I am just so, so, so close to throwing my hands up with this place and walking away. The only thing keeping me here is not having any guarantee of finding something better. There are reasons to like my job, but I feel that they are really outweighed by the reasons not to like it. So, I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
God, Tofulish, that's rough. Poor kid. I'll be thinking of him.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nooch

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:23 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Seattle, WA
ashley wrote:
I made a small mistake at work, and my boss was all, "WHAT IS WITH YOU?!"

I don't know. I guess I am just awful. I don't have any excuse other than being a human who makes mistakes sometimes. Which apparently is invalid.

I am just so, so, so close to throwing my hands up with this place and walking away. The only thing keeping me here is not having any guarantee of finding something better. There are reasons to like my job, but I feel that they are really outweighed by the reasons not to like it. So, I don't know.


I just left a very similar situation. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same kind of crepe.

_________________
http://www.braisenwoman.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:38 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2937
I have to separate my cats. Ever since I got back from my last deployment, two (there are 4 total) of them have been having issues. Now one has stopped using the litterbox, I guess because she felt boxed in or threatened by the younger cat (who she has lived with for 3 damn years!). She had a full work up at the vet and she's totally healthy. So, at least for the next few weeks, she's bedroom kitty and the other 3 get the rest of the house. The tension was so high all the time, I'm hoping everyone can just relax now. I really don't want this to be permanent, though. And it makes me sad for the other two cats, who are caught in the middle. Boo.

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 pm 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 731
Location: Funky Town
Tofulish wrote:
We have playdates with a family who have a foster son that is Leela's age (15m). He is going back to his bio-mom, which is sad because we are going to miss him so much. He is just a really sweet toddler.

On the one hand, I want to be hopeful that this is going to work out well for him, but on the other hand, he has scars all over his body from where she beat him before he was taken from her custody. She is struggling with minimally treated mental health issues, and NJ keeps slashing its budget for mental health services, so the network of services that she would rely on is slowly disappearing.

The more that states cut services, the more the most vulnerable suffer, and it is heartbreaking. This little dude has been through so much, in his short life. I am going to be praying for him.


Poor baby. He's in my thoughts as well. I teach a bunch of children with emotional disturbances and the things people have done to children just make me want to scream. I can't even fathom what brings people to hurt a tiny child. I hope the mother is able to get enough help that she can make a life for herself and her son.

_________________
~Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meeting of all wisdom. To believe in the good in man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12180
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
The pain med I get because they have a bug up their asparagi about codeine makes me so nauseus. I just threw up my dinner after fighting the nausea for half an hour.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 pm 
Offline
Married to the wolfman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm
Posts: 5958
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
I don't think it's possible to bleed to death during one's period but that's not stopping my uterus from trying.

_________________
"Hummus; a gentleman's vice." -- Mars

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 am 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:26 am
Posts: 107
braisenwoman wrote:
ashley wrote:
I made a small mistake at work, and my boss was all, "WHAT IS WITH YOU?!"

I don't know. I guess I am just awful. I don't have any excuse other than being a human who makes mistakes sometimes. Which apparently is invalid.

I am just so, so, so close to throwing my hands up with this place and walking away. The only thing keeping me here is not having any guarantee of finding something better. There are reasons to like my job, but I feel that they are really outweighed by the reasons not to like it. So, I don't know.


I just left a very similar situation. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same kind of crepe.



My boss was an complete jerk this last Friday. Took his anger out on me and another employee. I called in the next day with a tension headache, called out sick and was told "Let's be clear, if you don't come in today you are out of here." told him I was sick and would not be in. Sure enough I go to HR on Tuesday and I have been "let go." I have not called in sick in over 2 years. Worked there 5 1/2 years.

So happy I am not there anymore to be treated like trash. I should have left 2 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 am 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3107
Location: Sacramento
PugMom wrote:
braisenwoman wrote:
ashley wrote:
I made a small mistake at work, and my boss was all, "WHAT IS WITH YOU?!"

I don't know. I guess I am just awful. I don't have any excuse other than being a human who makes mistakes sometimes. Which apparently is invalid.

I am just so, so, so close to throwing my hands up with this place and walking away. The only thing keeping me here is not having any guarantee of finding something better. There are reasons to like my job, but I feel that they are really outweighed by the reasons not to like it. So, I don't know.


I just left a very similar situation. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same kind of crepe.



My boss was an complete jerk this last Friday. Took his anger out on me and another employee. I called in the next day with a tension headache, called out sick and was told "Let's be clear, if you don't come in today you are out of here." told him I was sick and would not be in. Sure enough I go to HR on Tuesday and I have been "let go." I have not called in sick in over 2 years. Worked there 5 1/2 years.

So happy I am not there anymore to be treated like trash. I should have left 2 years ago.

Wow. I'm sorry you lost your job, but happy for you for getting the heck out of there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:08 pm
Posts: 1100
Was told last night that the woman I am renting my room from is not allowed to have a lodger (she is on benefits and had not declared my rent as income) and the authorities have found out so I will have to move out as soon as possible.

What makes this worse is that I have actually been searching for my own flat for about a month and haven't found anything. Well, I found a perfect flat, but when I tried to pay the deposit the landlord decided actually he was going to sell it. If he hadn't I would have either been moved in by now, or it would be a short enough time to my move-in date that I could live with my boyfriend while I waited.
There do seem to be a couple of possibilities if I'm willing to move even further from work and get a bus pass, but they're even more expensive than the lovely flat I looked at. Bah. But hopefully I won't actually end up homeless/secretly living in my boyfriend's overcrowded flat (where would I even give my official address as?)

And I'm kind of worried for my landlady too- the only reason she advertised for me is because she couldn't pay her mortgage from benefits, so she will likely lose her house. And her son can't help as he has just lost his job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 pm 
Online
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: the Eug
A friend is being problematic. She is repeating the same patterns and hates that we are doing what she asks... call her out on them.
I feel very much like she set us up to be the bad guys to her life. And I hate it.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 pm
Posts: 285
Location: Oregon
kfad wrote:
A friend is being problematic. She is repeating the same patterns and hates that we are doing what she asks... call her out on them.
I feel very much like she set us up to be the bad guys to her life. And I hate it.

This happened to me with a former friend. They ask you to help them but just throw it back in your face or say "thanks but I don't care what you say". Then they wonder why people distance themselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm 
Online
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: the Eug
Liz_D wrote:
kfad wrote:
A friend is being problematic. She is repeating the same patterns and hates that we are doing what she asks... call her out on them.
I feel very much like she set us up to be the bad guys to her life. And I hate it.

This happened to me with a former friend. They ask you to help them but just throw it back in your face or say "thanks but I don't care what you say". Then they wonder why people distance themselves.


Yes! What is really bad is that what set her off was me doing my job. We are starting a non-profit with a bunch of other people and she thought it would be her being queen bee. Instead it is the collective she said she wanted. Ugh. Oh well.

I am getting really good at not cutting people out of my life, but redefining my relationship with them.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 am 
Online
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Glasgow
My parents. I was really looking forward to them visiting, this was not supposed to end with them storming out of my apartment because I was "snapping at them" and me crying in the bath tub. One of the first things they said to me was they hated my earring. They were upset that I picked a restaurant I wanted to go to instead of a fancy one to celebrate. I was sharing Middle English Prof's email with them because I was really excited at being treated like an adult with research interests and my dad seemed to think this was invitation to share why he thought my interest in medieval studies isn't real ("you're just running away because you're burnt out on physics"). And my mom doesn't seem to realise why "This doesn't come naturally to you why are you doing it" translates to "dude, you suck at humanities" in my brain. And also doesn't seem to understand that they're the only people in the world that I don't want to agree with me when I say I'm objectively bad at it. For some inexplicable reason I always really need their approval and for once in my life I don't have it. Happy forking birthday.

_________________
AstroNOMZ
Eric Does Astrophysics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 am
Posts: 1296
Location: sunshine coast, australia
Tofulish wrote:
We have playdates with a family who have a foster son that is Leela's age (15m). He is going back to his bio-mom, which is sad because we are going to miss him so much. He is just a really sweet toddler.

On the one hand, I want to be hopeful that this is going to work out well for him, but on the other hand, he has scars all over his body from where she beat him before he was taken from her custody. She is struggling with minimally treated mental health issues, and NJ keeps slashing its budget for mental health services, so the network of services that she would rely on is slowly disappearing.

The more that states cut services, the more the most vulnerable suffer, and it is heartbreaking. This little dude has been through so much, in his short life. I am going to be praying for him.


oh man, that must be hard to stand by and watch. makes my "worst" bit of today -driving the new kayak to the lake for it's maiden voyage, only to find said lake closed- seem so frivolous. the kids were disappointed though. but jeez. poor little dude. my thoughts are with you and him and his foster parents <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2268
Location: Wet and Windy Wiltshire
Yesterday, at work, a significant number of staff were off sick. I had three classes with two lecturers, both of whom were off sick. Other staff covered, but they were basically doing the lessons on the fly and it was all a bit chaotic. One lesson was cancelled, but no one told us so we just all stood around for twenty minutes and then I called it a write-off. Sadly, this was right in the middle of the day, so I would have had a 3-hour gap if I didn't volunteer to basically go and hang out in other classes to make myself useful.

My induction meeting never materialised, and the lady hasn't responded to my Monday email, so I guess she's ill too.

I've been almost-losing my voice for three days now, so I've been a drugged-up phlegm monster.

Worst of all, though, I've just played through Fallout 3, and it was a disappointment. Not a bad game, per se, just a shadow of its predecessors (and New Vegas, actually).

_________________
dropscone - "Ack, I'm no help, I just like to imagine as many people as possible eating roast potatoes."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 am
Posts: 2459
Location: UK
zwingtip wrote:
My parents. I was really looking forward to them visiting, this was not supposed to end with them storming out of my apartment because I was "snapping at them" and me crying in the bath tub. One of the first things they said to me was they hated my earring. They were upset that I picked a restaurant I wanted to go to instead of a fancy one to celebrate. I was sharing Middle English Prof's email with them because I was really excited at being treated like an adult with research interests and my dad seemed to think this was invitation to share why he thought my interest in medieval studies isn't real ("you're just running away because you're burnt out on physics"). And my mom doesn't seem to realise why "This doesn't come naturally to you why are you doing it" translates to "dude, you suck at humanities" in my brain. And also doesn't seem to understand that they're the only people in the world that I don't want to agree with me when I say I'm objectively bad at it. For some inexplicable reason I always really need their approval and for once in my life I don't have it. Happy forking birthday.

Oh zwingtip, that sounds awful (and familiar). I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.

(edited for spelling)

_________________
Everyone turns into Boo Radley, if they live long enough ~ seitanicverses


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 am 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19099
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Oh Zwingtip, that sounds so horrible. I am sorry you had a tough time and hope you can salvage some good things from your parents' visit.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7466
Location: Portland, OR
zwingtip wrote:
My parents. I was really looking forward to them visiting, this was not supposed to end with them storming out of my apartment because I was "snapping at them" and me crying in the bath tub. One of the first things they said to me was they hated my earring. They were upset that I picked a restaurant I wanted to go to instead of a fancy one to celebrate. I was sharing Middle English Prof's email with them because I was really excited at being treated like an adult with research interests and my dad seemed to think this was invitation to share why he thought my interest in medieval studies isn't real ("you're just running away because you're burnt out on physics"). And my mom doesn't seem to realise why "This doesn't come naturally to you why are you doing it" translates to "dude, you suck at humanities" in my brain. And also doesn't seem to understand that they're the only people in the world that I don't want to agree with me when I say I'm objectively bad at it. For some inexplicable reason I always really need their approval and for once in my life I don't have it. Happy forking birthday.

Dude, I love you and know you can do anything you set your mind to! And your ear piercings look lovely! Huggggg!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4528
Location: zomgz dijk
Finally made a 'spicy' curry. So hot, it ruined everything and is now sitting in the trash alongside the unused (unwanted!) peppers that caused the overdose of spice. My mouth is still weeping. Ugh. I hate wasting food, and hate eating the 'wrong' thing.

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 429
Location: Ozone Park, NY
I called an ex coworker yesterday, just to catch up on old times. She had her first grandson about a year ago and the little boy is growing up quickly. Then she tells me "He walks around pushing a chair. I told him you'd better start walking like a MAN or you are going to grow up a baguette and then grandma won't love you anymore"

I just about dropped the phone and hung up. My heart was broken for that little innocent boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 pm 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Tachyon-coma, WA
What the...

I guess my boyfriend and I breaking up isn't that bad. God, people.

_________________
This thread is about Rowans, Jason Mraz and vibrators. ~ Rowan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4081
Location: Nottingham.
My parents' neighbour has had several charges of indecent exposure going back a few decades, including from an incident by an infant school. His most recent conviction has been covered by the Daily Fail online today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:55 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 695
Location: ontario
i found out we don't qualify for social assistance because the amount in our combined bank accounts is over $1000; my mom had just given me $1000 because i couldn't afford to pay for anything.
real life sucks.

_________________
everything stays the same, only more so.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451 ... 632  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brian, choirqueer, Exabot [Bot], FootFace, mooo, VeganinBerlin and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer