| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm 
Semen Strong

We have playdates with a family who have a foster son that is Leela's age (15m). He is going back to his bio-mom, which is sad because we are going to miss him so much. He is just a really sweet toddler.

On the one hand, I want to be hopeful that this is going to work out well for him, but on the other hand, he has scars all over his body from where she beat him before he was taken from her custody. She is struggling with minimally treated mental health issues, and NJ keeps slashing its budget for mental health services, so the network of services that she would rely on is slowly disappearing.

The more that states cut services, the more the most vulnerable suffer, and it is heartbreaking. This little dude has been through so much, in his short life. I am going to be praying for him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I made a small mistake at work, and my boss was all, "WHAT IS WITH YOU?!"

I don't know. I guess I am just awful. I don't have any excuse other than being a human who makes mistakes sometimes. Which apparently is invalid.

I am just so, so, so close to throwing my hands up with this place and walking away. The only thing keeping me here is not having any guarantee of finding something better. There are reasons to like my job, but I feel that they are really outweighed by the reasons not to like it. So, I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

God, Tofulish, that's rough. Poor kid. I'll be thinking of him.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm 
Huffs Nooch

ashley wrote:

I don't know. I guess I am just awful. I don't have any excuse other than being a human who makes mistakes sometimes. Which apparently is invalid.

I am just so, so, so close to throwing my hands up with this place and walking away. The only thing keeping me here is not having any guarantee of finding something better. There are reasons to like my job, but I feel that they are really outweighed by the reasons not to like it. So, I don't know.

I just left a very similar situation. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same kind of crepe.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have to separate my cats. Ever since I got back from my last deployment, two (there are 4 total) of them have been having issues. Now one has stopped using the litterbox, I guess because she felt boxed in or threatened by the younger cat (who she has lived with for 3 damn years!). She had a full work up at the vet and she's totally healthy. So, at least for the next few weeks, she's bedroom kitty and the other 3 get the rest of the house. The tension was so high all the time, I'm hoping everyone can just relax now. I really don't want this to be permanent, though. And it makes me sad for the other two cats, who are caught in the middle. Boo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 pm 
Inflexitarian

Tofulish wrote:
We have playdates with a family who have a foster son that is Leela's age (15m). He is going back to his bio-mom, which is sad because we are going to miss him so much. He is just a really sweet toddler.

On the one hand, I want to be hopeful that this is going to work out well for him, but on the other hand, he has scars all over his body from where she beat him before he was taken from her custody. She is struggling with minimally treated mental health issues, and NJ keeps slashing its budget for mental health services, so the network of services that she would rely on is slowly disappearing.

The more that states cut services, the more the most vulnerable suffer, and it is heartbreaking. This little dude has been through so much, in his short life. I am going to be praying for him.

Poor baby. He's in my thoughts as well. I teach a bunch of children with emotional disturbances and the things people have done to children just make me want to scream. I can't even fathom what brings people to hurt a tiny child. I hope the mother is able to get enough help that she can make a life for herself and her son.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

The pain med I get because they have a bug up their asparagi about codeine makes me so nauseus. I just threw up my dinner after fighting the nausea for half an hour.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I don't think it's possible to bleed to death during one's period but that's not stopping my uterus from trying.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

braisenwoman wrote:
ashley wrote:

I just left a very similar situation. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same kind of crepe.

My boss was an complete jerk this last Friday. Took his anger out on me and another employee. I called in the next day with a tension headache, called out sick and was told "Let's be clear, if you don't come in today you are out of here." told him I was sick and would not be in. Sure enough I go to HR on Tuesday and I have been "let go." I have not called in sick in over 2 years. Worked there 5 1/2 years.

So happy I am not there anymore to be treated like trash. I should have left 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

PugMom wrote:
braisenwoman wrote:
ashley wrote:

My boss was an complete jerk this last Friday. Took his anger out on me and another employee. I called in the next day with a tension headache, called out sick and was told "Let's be clear, if you don't come in today you are out of here." told him I was sick and would not be in. Sure enough I go to HR on Tuesday and I have been "let go." I have not called in sick in over 2 years. Worked there 5 1/2 years.

So happy I am not there anymore to be treated like trash. I should have left 2 years ago.

Wow. I'm sorry you lost your job, but happy for you for getting the heck out of there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Was told last night that the woman I am renting my room from is not allowed to have a lodger (she is on benefits and had not declared my rent as income) and the authorities have found out so I will have to move out as soon as possible.

What makes this worse is that I have actually been searching for my own flat for about a month and haven't found anything. Well, I found a perfect flat, but when I tried to pay the deposit the landlord decided actually he was going to sell it. If he hadn't I would have either been moved in by now, or it would be a short enough time to my move-in date that I could live with my boyfriend while I waited.
There do seem to be a couple of possibilities if I'm willing to move even further from work and get a bus pass, but they're even more expensive than the lovely flat I looked at. Bah. But hopefully I won't actually end up homeless/secretly living in my boyfriend's overcrowded flat (where would I even give my official address as?)

And I'm kind of worried for my landlady too- the only reason she advertised for me is because she couldn't pay her mortgage from benefits, so she will likely lose her house. And her son can't help as he has just lost his job.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

A friend is being problematic. She is repeating the same patterns and hates that we are doing what she asks... call her out on them.
I feel very much like she set us up to be the bad guys to her life. And I hate it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 pm 
Saggy Butt

kfad wrote:
A friend is being problematic. She is repeating the same patterns and hates that we are doing what she asks... call her out on them.
I feel very much like she set us up to be the bad guys to her life. And I hate it.

This happened to me with a former friend. They ask you to help them but just throw it back in your face or say "thanks but I don't care what you say". Then they wonder why people distance themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Liz_D wrote:
kfad wrote:

This happened to me with a former friend. They ask you to help them but just throw it back in your face or say "thanks but I don't care what you say". Then they wonder why people distance themselves.

Yes! What is really bad is that what set her off was me doing my job. We are starting a non-profit with a bunch of other people and she thought it would be her being queen bee. Instead it is the collective she said she wanted. Ugh. Oh well.

I am getting really good at not cutting people out of my life, but redefining my relationship with them.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My parents. I was really looking forward to them visiting, this was not supposed to end with them storming out of my apartment because I was "snapping at them" and me crying in the bath tub. One of the first things they said to me was they hated my earring. They were upset that I picked a restaurant I wanted to go to instead of a fancy one to celebrate. I was sharing Middle English Prof's email with them because I was really excited at being treated like an adult with research interests and my dad seemed to think this was invitation to share why he thought my interest in medieval studies isn't real ("you're just running away because you're burnt out on physics"). And my mom doesn't seem to realise why "This doesn't come naturally to you why are you doing it" translates to "dude, you suck at humanities" in my brain. And also doesn't seem to understand that they're the only people in the world that I don't want to agree with me when I say I'm objectively bad at it. For some inexplicable reason I always really need their approval and for once in my life I don't have it. Happy forking birthday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Tofulish wrote:

oh man, that must be hard to stand by and watch. makes my "worst" bit of today -driving the new kayak to the lake for it's maiden voyage, only to find said lake closed- seem so frivolous. the kids were disappointed though. but jeez. poor little dude. my thoughts are with you and him and his foster parents <3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yesterday, at work, a significant number of staff were off sick. I had three classes with two lecturers, both of whom were off sick. Other staff covered, but they were basically doing the lessons on the fly and it was all a bit chaotic. One lesson was cancelled, but no one told us so we just all stood around for twenty minutes and then I called it a write-off. Sadly, this was right in the middle of the day, so I would have had a 3-hour gap if I didn't volunteer to basically go and hang out in other classes to make myself useful.

My induction meeting never materialised, and the lady hasn't responded to my Monday email, so I guess she's ill too.

I've been almost-losing my voice for three days now, so I've been a drugged-up phlegm monster.

Worst of all, though, I've just played through Fallout 3, and it was a disappointment. Not a bad game, per se, just a shadow of its predecessors (and New Vegas, actually).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

zwingtip wrote:
My parents. I was really looking forward to them visiting, this was not supposed to end with them storming out of my apartment because I was "snapping at them" and me crying in the bath tub. One of the first things they said to me was they hated my earring. They were upset that I picked a restaurant I wanted to go to instead of a fancy one to celebrate. I was sharing Middle English Prof's email with them because I was really excited at being treated like an adult with research interests and my dad seemed to think this was invitation to share why he thought my interest in medieval studies isn't real ("you're just running away because you're burnt out on physics"). And my mom doesn't seem to realise why "This doesn't come naturally to you why are you doing it" translates to "dude, you suck at humanities" in my brain. And also doesn't seem to understand that they're the only people in the world that I don't want to agree with me when I say I'm objectively bad at it. For some inexplicable reason I always really need their approval and for once in my life I don't have it. Happy forking birthday.

Oh zwingtip, that sounds awful (and familiar). I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.

(edited for spelling)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 am 
Semen Strong

Oh Zwingtip, that sounds so horrible. I am sorry you had a tough time and hope you can salvage some good things from your parents' visit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

zwingtip wrote:

Dude, I love you and know you can do anything you set your mind to! And your ear piercings look lovely! Huggggg!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Finally made a 'spicy' curry. So hot, it ruined everything and is now sitting in the trash alongside the unused (unwanted!) peppers that caused the overdose of spice. My mouth is still weeping. Ugh. I hate wasting food, and hate eating the 'wrong' thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I called an ex coworker yesterday, just to catch up on old times. She had her first grandson about a year ago and the little boy is growing up quickly. Then she tells me "He walks around pushing a chair. I told him you'd better start walking like a MAN or you are going to grow up a baguette and then grandma won't love you anymore"

I just about dropped the phone and hung up. My heart was broken for that little innocent boy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

What the...

I guess my boyfriend and I breaking up isn't that bad. God, people.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 pm 
Impressive boner

My parents' neighbour has had several charges of indecent exposure going back a few decades, including from an incident by an infant school. His most recent conviction has been covered by the Daily Fail online today.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:55 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

i found out we don't qualify for social assistance because the amount in our combined bank accounts is over $1000; my mom had just given me $1000 because i couldn't afford to pay for anything.
real life sucks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451 ... 632  Next