| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453 ... 636  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:13 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

I accidentally drank dairy milk today. The cashier messed up and took my order as milk tea rather than green tea, and somehow I didn't even notice (it was bubble tea, so it: was flavoured, had tapioca balls, and came in an opaque cup with one of those opaque plastic seals you shove a straw through). I pretty much finished it before I twigged that something was off.

I forgot how tired dairy makes me. I fell asleep on the couch about an hour after I drank it and woke up feeling groggy and flushed and horrid.
I'm mostly annoyed that I bought it though. If I accidentally eat something non-vegan it's usually because I fail to notice a trace ingredient, or a restaurant puts butter in something that butter has no business being in. At least then it doesn't feel like I made a dent in the supply/demand chain. This was a Big. Cup. Of. Milk. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My throat hurts so, so bad. My uvula is giant, as are my tonsils, and swallowing makes me tear up. I think my ears hurt too, but I can't tell with all the rest. But I can't go to a doctor today, because I am snowed in and the base is closed. I'll be okay for another day, but it's just miserable. And a waste of my first snow day in years! Whine whine whine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aw, Invictus. That sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

I have a health complaint too, which is that I woke up yesterday with no voice. It's worse today, I can't even croak. I can whisper, and my whisper is louder than most people's but... It's still a whisper. This would be a bummer even if it were just for thr fact that it drastically complicates my day (being the lone adult in charge of two children with whom one cannot communicate from a distance of more than six inches is not my idea of a good time).

But the bigger problem is that I'm supposed to be going to a career fair tomorrow which is my best hope of securing an internship for the summer... Something I really desperately need. My family can't get by over the summer (when I don't have financial aid) without me working too, unless I'm willing to stay home with the kids full time, which would mean we'd lose our spot in childcare and be forked when the school year starts again AND more importantly, I'd lose yet another opportunity to get some contemporary work experience in my field. Argh.

If I can make any noise at all tomorrow, I should go, right? I don't know if it's better to go and croak at would-be employers and hope that they admire my dedication to securing a job or if they are going to be like we can't hire that germ factory, also why would you expose us to disease and then think we would give you a job!

I am so so so so so so stressed out right now.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

coldandsleepy wrote:
Aw, Invictus. That sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

I have a health complaint too, which is that I woke up yesterday with no voice. It's worse today, I can't even croak. I can whisper, and my whisper is louder than most people's but... It's still a whisper. This would be a bummer even if it were just for thr fact that it drastically complicates my day (being the lone adult in charge of two children with whom one cannot communicate from a distance of more than six inches is not my idea of a good time).

But the bigger problem is that I'm supposed to be going to a career fair tomorrow which is my best hope of securing an internship for the summer... Something I really desperately need. My family can't get by over the summer (when I don't have financial aid) without me working too, unless I'm willing to stay home with the kids full time, which would mean we'd lose our spot in childcare and be forked when the school year starts again AND more importantly, I'd lose yet another opportunity to get some contemporary work experience in my field. Argh.

If I can make any noise at all tomorrow, I should go, right? I don't know if it's better to go and croak at would-be employers and hope that they admire my dedication to securing a job or if they are going to be like we can't hire that germ factory, also why would you expose us to disease and then think we would give you a job!

I am so so so so so so stressed out right now.

Totally go if you're able. If your voice is still not so good you can say its still coming back post illness.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 pm 
Impressive boner

Bad day at work. I helped someone out by picking up a piece of work they'd asked me to while they were on leave for a week. This person has been in my department for around six months and the work she asked me to look at was in an area where I've done a year of research and recently had an internal paper signed off on it.

This morning my colleague told me that I should have discussed the case with her when she got back instead of taking necessary legal action on it to safeguard a vulnerable adult and expressed that I'd gone over her head. I don't gamble with people's lives in my work but it seems that my colleague's motivation is to save face rather than ensure a vulnerable senior citizen with dementia is safe. At least my acting manager was there to witness it and agreed that it was out of order.

I *hate* bringing work home with me emotionally.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I had what I'm pretty sure was a migraine this morning. I do have plenty of weird-ass health problems but this one is new and I'm not a fan. I'm feeling better now but I'm kind of freaked out and I have no idea what caused it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My strawberry mini muffins didn't work out. I wanted to bring them to someone in the hospital. A-poo :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

So over this ridiculous nausea. It's so bad I'm throwing up the antinausea meds if I wait until I'm super nauseus to take it.

Can't take any now though since I have to be up for work. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:40 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I got really mad at my boss this afternoon and was probably too vocal about it with my coworkers. I trust them not to go and repeat what I said, but these things have a way of spreading around anyway.

But, whatever. We work for a crasshole and everyone knows it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 am 
Chip Strong

Was checking airfares last night for my upcoming vacation and found a decent price; but got tired, forgot to actually purchase them and went to bed. This morning when I checked, they had gone up $300 dollars. I am sweating it out now and hope they come back down in the next couple of days but am not hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:21 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I'm lonely and bored.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Hoodwinked wrote:
Was checking airfares last night for my upcoming vacation and found a decent price; but got tired, forgot to actually purchase them and went to bed. This morning when I checked, they had gone up $300 dollars. I am sweating it out now and hope they come back down in the next couple of days but am not hopeful

Have you deleted your cookies or tried looking for them in a different browser? Websites have a creepy habit of remembering these things and are usually more expensive the second time you visit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am 
WRETCHED

Also, not sure if your flights are within the US or if it works outside of the US but www.bing.com/travel is the old FareCast which would give you an idea to wait or buy on tickets.

I just checked for our summer tickets which are showing $480/each and it says to wait. It hasn't done me wrong in the past so I'm waiting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I didn't get the dream job I applied for. In the rejection e-mail they said they've narrowed it down to five people (out of about 40) for the second interviews so I can't even kid myself that I came a close second! I've never not gotten a job I've applied for before so I don't think I'm actually allowed to be upset about it happening once but still, rejection. Uch.

On a positive note I thought I was going to be posting in here about the hideousness of getting my wisdom teeth removed and that was fine, so, yay!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 pm 
Semen Strong

Sorry about the job jojo!

jojo wrote:
Hoodwinked wrote:

Have you deleted your cookies or tried looking for them in a different browser? Websites have a creepy habit of remembering these things and are usually more expensive the second time you visit.

I've never heard that before! So interesting!

We do the Bing Price Predictor, as Linanil says" and it has worked well for us. When is your vacation? If you have a good amount of time, before it, then ticket prices are likely to move around a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm 
Chip Strong

linanil wrote:
Also, not sure if your flights are within the US or if it works outside of the US but http://www.bing.com/travel is the old FareCast which would give you an idea to wait or buy on tickets.

I just checked for our summer tickets which are showing $480/each and it says to wait. It hasn't done me wrong in the past so I'm waiting.

Thanks very much for the link. I think it does only work for domestic flights and I am going international. But I do love the idea of getting that kind of advice! I am going in May and it's getting kind of late at this point. My own fault for waiting and for then not jumping when I saw the good fare last night. I'll clear out my cookies (great suggestion!!) and try again later.

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

wanting to sell my morrissey tickets for next week but feeling horrible anxiety and depression over it. i am not feeling a concert right now after the last show left me injured and i am battling the flu...i hate having such high anxiety over things like this...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

missmuffcake wrote:
wanting to sell my morrissey tickets for next week but feeling horrible anxiety and depression over it. i am not feeling a concert right now after the last show left me injured and i am battling the flu...i hate having such high anxiety over things like this...

How much are the tickets, what day, and how can I get myself to CA?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:33 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Invictus wrote:
My uvula is giant

Totally read this wrong. Feel better soon!

My dad found out that instead of one last chemo session, he has to have another 4. When I saw him on Wednesday he was showing me the chemo burns on his hands and they're starting on his face now too. It's a difficult relationship, but it's still horrible to see someone go through all this. He is up and about and even managed to do some light work recently, I just don't know how much longer he will be able to feel as well(ish) as he does now. I worry about my mum getting run into the ground if(when) he goes downhill.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I coughed so hard I vomited. In class. The day's not over yet but that's going to be hard to beat.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:54 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

A serious talk about "big life issue stuff" with my partner. We're ok, the talk was ok, but it made me really sad still, because I think that we're going to miss out on something that we had both really looked forward to, and something that I think would be awesome for us both, because of perfectly reasonable fears and objections on my partner's end. Bah. Sometimes being a grow up is a bummer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

In a closed-door meeting with my boss (owner of our small company) and two other managers, the boss said that his other employees (not us) could "suck his big fat cork."

Now, this is horribly offensive on about a billion levels, and when I told my mom about it, she was all "QUIT TOMORROW!!!" but... I don't really know what to do. Should I talk to HR? Should I just let it go because the other two managers who were in the room are big time asparagus kissers and won't want to rock the boat by admitting that they heard it? Should I go to him tomorrow and tell him how much of a jerk I think he is? I really don't know. I've never worked for anyone like him before. I've never known anyone like him before!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I would talk to HR. That's really quite inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:01 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I finally got my hematology scheduled for the end of next month. Friday I have an endoscopy thing under anesthesia, but I can't keep food down and am so dizzy and nauseus and other stuff that I think I should try to see my dr tomorrow. I'm so worried they'll want to admit me though and I can't miss work. I'm pretty sure that would mean I won't be rehired. Nothing peas parents off more than subs. So many complained when I was in the hospital last year.

I just threw up my last dose of pain med too.

I've been looking forward to snuggling in with new book I've been waiting for that was released today but can't read it now because I feel so crepe. At least I made it through work before turning into a mess today.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

ashley wrote:
In a closed-door meeting with my boss (owner of our small company) and two other managers, the boss said that his other employees (not us) could "suck his big fat cork."

Now, this is horribly offensive on about a billion levels, and when I told my mom about it, she was all "QUIT TOMORROW!!!" but... I don't really know what to do. Should I talk to HR? Should I just let it go because the other two managers who were in the room are big time asparagus kissers and won't want to rock the boat by admitting that they heard it? Should I go to him tomorrow and tell him how much of a jerk I think he is? I really don't know. I've never worked for anyone like him before. I've never known anyone like him before!

I would suggest that you report it, and make sure you get it on written record so that even if nothing comes of it this time, you have a record of your complaint to show in future if there are similar incidents towards yourself or others in the department.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453 ... 636  Next