| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Kilgore trout, sorry to hear about your brother's bad news.

And AR, yikes. I hope she's ok. (And at least this is not their first kid so-- as hard and scary as I am sure it still is for her & her partner-- at least he knows how to take care of babies etc already.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:21 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

gunfire (most likely, though still potentially a firecracker) across the street followed by a guy muttering/shouting past the window. hid in the bedroom for two hours, called 911 (they said several others had called in by then too). this was hours after a guy was looking in windows in the area. I'm kinda shaky, but maybe I just need to eat. needless to say, fork guns. and to a fair extent, fork this country (even though some of you are forking rad dudes).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 am 
Semen Strong

annasrobbie wrote:
Just found out that my sister-in-law who had a baby 3 weeks ago was involuntarily committed to the psychiatric ward. Apparently she went to the doc for a routine appointment and filled out a postpartum depression questionnaire and that was that. The baby was taken off by social services until my brother could get to him. Now apparently he won't eat because he has only ever been breastfed. The whole situation is terrible. They have two other kids who are apparently inconsolable as well. I hope my SIL can get the help she needs...I had no idea she was having problems. I feel really lousy that I didn't realize anything was going on. I was purposefully not calling her because I thought she probably needed rest and would call me when she wanted to chat. :(

Oh AR, what a nightmare. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope your SIL gets the help she needs to heal and can come home soon. Sending you and your family good thoughts.

Sending good thought to kilgore and all others who need it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:05 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Thanks, everybody.
AR, that's awful. I hope she gets the help she needs to recover soon.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I had to call someone out today for making ableist statements in a group activity. I don't want to go into details but it was bad enough that the reason I had to be the one to speak up was because the other people who might have done so were crying. So I did it. Then I cried too. There was a lot of crying. But afterward people told me they were really glad I spoke up, so, yay? Blehhhhhhhh awkward.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 am 
Impressive boner

Well done CQ, that was really brave of you. It's never an easy thing to do.

I still have a forking migraine. How long do these shitty things last for?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:33 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Today is the wake for the friend that passed away. It's going to be so hard to be with her family, especially her mom. I hope the dog's urn isn't there also or I will be completely useless. I have nothing to wear and I don't want to get out of bed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:51 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

So, had the wake which was huge and stood in line for an hour to get into the main room, and then off to the least vegan friendly restaurant imaginable for a friend's birthday dinner. A fondue place, so I had vegetables simmered in vegetable broth. Because of dinner chattery and transportation time, I didn't get home until after 11. As I walked in the house, hubby called as the truck he was in had died on the side of the road and needed a boost. Off to save him, we get home and he realizes he has lost the keys to the customer's truck he brought home for the weekend (different truck from the one that died). So now we are retracing his steps and going to the gas station and the side of the road where he had broken down. So now it is quarter to 2 and I am just getting in bed. And funeral tomorrow at 11 am.

So I am exhausted and full of anxiety over everything tonight and gassy because of the insane number of mushrooms and asparagus and artichokes and edamame I had for dinner. And I can't take a sleeping pill because it is too late. Tomorrow is going to be a complete mess. Poo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:24 am 
Impressive boner

The action of walking to the doctors surgery and back this morning, to see the doctor about my migraine, brought it back in droves. I've spent most of the day in bed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 am 
Not NOT A Furry

My husband was at the urgent care ctr till after 4am this morning with abdominal pain. He needs a colonoscopy. The doctor menttioned the "C" word, and now I'm upset and unsettled and all I wanna do is eat brownies.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ulcers have the same pain symptoms.

The doctor might have been extra dramatic to help ensure that he gets it. For some reason, people don't like getting colonoscopies! Actually, they aren't even that bad because they mostly use anesthesia for them these days, so you go in, sleep, and are out all in 4 hours or so, and you feel better than when you went in because the anesthesia makes you feel pretty relaxed and well rested.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:33 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry AH, that sounds so stressful and hard! Sending you and Mr Hungry many good thoughts <3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Gosh, Moon, that sounds really rotten. I hope today went smoothly.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Got an email this morning from a guy I dated last year who abruptly stopped communicating with me altogether. It's probably been 10-11 months since I last heard from him and now he's dropping me a clearly transparent booty call to check to see if I'm still single.

Still feeling annoyed from that, I go out to get my lunch and run into the guy I dated after that (no, seriously) eating in the restaurant with another woman.

AND IT'S MONDAY WHAT THE HELL UNIVERSE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:41 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Mine isn't too awful....but ARGH! Blood work is not my friend.....3 unsuccessful attempts and they had to stop and reschedule. Boo-urns, damn you tiny rolling veins!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:05 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ugh. Finding out that my horse has made friends with a human who isn't me. I can't deny the poor thing companionship, but I'm really unreasonably upset about this. I was happy for him, then I went creeping on the girl's Facebook and found people were saying "he loves having his own human", but I'm his human and have been for 10 years! We haven't lived in the same state for 7 years. What if he doesn't miss me anymore as much as I miss him? I guess I'm upset at the realisation that his life is going on while I can't be there?

Don't mind me. Hugs if wanted, tea if not to everyone in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 am 
Married to the wolfman

Having to accept the fact that I am not going to be able to do an adequate job on assignment that's due tomorrow (and for which no credit will be given for late submission). Things are so forking crazy for me right now, something had to fall out of my queue, and this was the one that will have the least impact on my overall grades and life situation.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:54 am 
Semen Strong

Night terrors.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:58 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

My dog got kicked out of training class (rightfully so, he was resource guarding his treats like crazy and it wasn't safe for the trainer), and now I feel like a terrible person for not realizing the extent of his issues (he's never guarded outside of our house before, so I wasn't expecting him to have trouble at class) and letting him get into a bad situation that could have ended with him biting someone (luckily, we reacted fast enough to get him under control, plus he seems to have good bite inhibition even when he's freaking out).

He's such a good dog in so many ways, and his issues don't come up in his day-to-day life with us, so it just sucks that we haven't made as much progress on his guarding as we thought we had.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 am 
Chip Strong

I didn't get a scholarship to go to a conference that I really really wanted to go to, which means I can't afford to go. I'm so sad about it. One of my classmates did get the scholarship, and I'm grossed out by my thoughts of jealousy and anger towards her. She got a different scholarship and was able to go last year, so I guess I feel like it was sort of greedy of her to apply for this one (the committee awarding this one was not aware that she was funded last year, too). I feel like a jerk for feeling this way, but there it is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:40 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I'm at the hospital! This wisdom tooth healing isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped & I have the busiest week of the year work wise next week. I literally HAVE to be better by Monday or I'm screwed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I talked to my roommate about a cleanliness issue and his response is "no one else put anything away". Every time I talk to him about an issue he has an excuse or gets defensive. I'm strategizing with my boyfriend but I don't really like his suggestions which is to argue with the roommate in question.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:24 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

fupapack wrote:
I talked to my roommate about a cleanliness issue and his response is "no one else put anything away". Every time I talk to him about an issue he has an excuse or gets defensive. I'm strategizing with my boyfriend but I don't really like his suggestions which is to argue with the roommate in question.

this is such a dopey sounding suggestion, but do you guys have a roommate contract? not a financial one, but a standards for behavior one. It's so helpful to sit down together and hash out house rules, even though it seems like reasonable people should get along without having to do that. That way, the discussion isn't about your roommate's failings but about making sure everyone has a comfortable, safe living environment with roommates that respect their priority issues.

I've always done it with my roommates and am always shocked that people who seem so similar to me at first have such different views on how we should live.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:29 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

aiee wrote:
fupapack wrote:

this is such a dopey sounding suggestion, but do you guys have a roommate contract? not a financial one, but a standards for behavior one. It's so helpful to sit down together and hash out house rules, even though it seems like reasonable people should get along without having to do that. That way, the discussion isn't about your roommate's failings but about making sure everyone has a comfortable, safe living environment with roommates that respect their priority issues.

I've always done it with my roommates and am always shocked that people who seem so similar to me at first have such different views on how we should live.

I'm actually his landlord and in the rental agreement it says that he is responsible for chores. It is really resistant to anything I have to say. He's been here since October though years ago we lived together in a squat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 am 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:
I'm at the hospital! This wisdom tooth healing isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped & I have the busiest week of the year work wise next week. I literally HAVE to be better by Monday or I'm screwed.

:( get well soon babes. x

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 632  Next