| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:30 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I think stress has physically manifested in me today. I sort of ache all over and my stomach is in shreds.
I don't even think it is my stress...I think I am letting other peoples stuff be my stuff.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Me too, kfad. And it's been giving me a terrible stomach ache all morning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

No peppers for my tofu scramble this morning :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Me 3 on the stress-manifesting-itself-physically thing. My whole body is aching so badly and my head is pounding after I spent the whole weekend depressed. I need a hot bath as soon as I get home from work, which may be early since I'm honestly in agony!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 pm 
Impressive boner

4.5 hours sleep last night because of my monkey brain chattering about packing for our house move. Now I'm sleepy but have work to do. I also appear to be developing an infection in a burn on my left arm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:08 pm 
Mediocre Tart

My foot is so jacked up I'm almost at the stage of dragging it behind me as I 'walk'. My boss has proposed that I reduce my hours at work because, physically, I am having a hard time making it in there most days. I'm on near-poverty-wages anyway so I can't afford to reduce my hours but I've used up almost my entire year's leave in the past few months and I just am at a loss what to do any more. urgh!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 pm 
Semen Strong

Yikes interrobang! I am so sorry to hear that. Is there any way to get short term disability of some sort to help tide you along? I hope you feel better soon!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My officemate came in with her sick 18 month old who keeps on crying. How is this a good idea for anyone? I feel like a jerk for being grumpy about it, but damnit, the PhD offices are away from the rest of the university for a reason and I want my quiet back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Tofulish wrote:
Yikes interrobang! I am so sorry to hear that. Is there any way to get short term disability of some sort to help tide you along? I hope you feel better soon!

:(

I wish I could give you some of my leave! I have piles, and can't use any of it since I'm struggling to keep up with project deadlines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:53 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i am doing a big editing job involving cleaning up several people's translations... part of it is work that my mentor's mentor left on her desk when she died a few weeks ago. I didn't know her personally but she was a big influence on the translation community; just reading the work she did makes me wish I had gotten the chance to know her too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Working in an office majorly sucks. My back hasn't been so sore in months! Only 2 more weeks full time, then a bit part-time, then I'm done (again).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:51 pm 
Impressive boner

The first thing I saw was
lutin wrote:
I have piles

My worst things are packing, a cold and dust allergies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I don't want to go to work. I hate my job now. The smoker students will be there, so I'll be sick by the time I leave. Tuesday morning, I still had some of the migraine left when I woke up, so I also spent most of that day feeling like crepe. And I already take meds for nausea a few times a week; I don't need more nausea in my life. I also had trouble driving how Monday night because my vision was getting stupid black spots.

I'm mad that I now dread the job I used to love. These two are newer and need the most help, so I have sit right next to them for long periods of time.

One of them smokes marlboros which bother me more than most cigarettes. My dad used to smoke those and they made me way sicker than what my mom smoke. (of course, I always made this stuff up so they could keep smoking and not feel guilty, telling themselves I was being a whiny brat)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:44 pm 
Semen Strong

That sucks so much, LW! I hate the thought of you suffering so much, and I wish you could tell them not to smoke during their breaks!

I feel like smoke and fragrance allergies are so common. Smoke triggers my asthma, and I would definitely say something. You're definitely not a whiny brat, and you shouldn't have to suck it up!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:49 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Despite the fact that I've been pushing so, so hard the past couple of weeks, I still have a mountain of work to do. Today I stuck my kids in front of a movie so I would have a couple more hours to work so I don't have to stay up ALL night tonight working. They're thrilled, but I feel like shiitake about it.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I reiterated the no smoking policy anywhere on school grounds a couple weeks ago, but they know the loophole of smoking in their cars when the windows up.

Not much I can do. These people clearly smoke multiple packs each day. In a 3 hr class, they take 2-3 cigarette breaks, plus they smoke right before class. Even if they didn't take the breaks, that I have no right to say anything about, they bring it on their clothes, etc. The smoke itself is horrible because it feel asphyxiating to not get to breath clean, fresh air, but it's the tar solids or something that triggers me, and that sticks around just fine on clothes.

I don't hug my mom very often for that reason. She only smokes outside and washes her hands etc, but it's in her hair. This makes me sad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:56 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Just a really alienating day at work. It felt really lonely. Since our offices have been moved away from the "mothership" - the media arts department is now a separate entity away from the big, corporate offices I used to work at. I miss seeing people my own age or at least people I have something in common with. Everyone I work with is older than my parents and I have nothing in common with, and they're all very white, conservative, not really interesting (to me) people. Today everyone was all about the new Pope, and tuning into live newsfeeds about the updates. I felt very much like the lone Atheist in the room (which I am), who has no one to talk to about anything that is important to me. I miss the camaraderie of working with more my own demographic.

Then I came home. My cats have been fighting very badly lately, but today was the worst I've seen. Gershwin is going to seriously hurt Tristan one of these days and I don't know why or how to stop it from escalating. I've had both of them examined by the vet, and I even have a Feliway diffuser going, but nothing is helping. Gershwin has always, ALWAYS, long before Tristan, been a very unstable emotionally cat. But he's taking it out on Tristan and today scared me. I (stupidly) pulled Gershwin off of Tristan and he bit me really hard. He gets this glean in his eyes of pure hatred, like he wants us all dead, and it's stupid, but it makes me feel really bad because we've been nothing but amazing to him for the 10 years since we rescued him. I hate that it always comes down to him hating us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

paprikapapaya wrote:
Then I came home. My cats have been fighting very badly lately, but today was the worst I've seen. Gershwin is going to seriously hurt Tristan one of these days and I don't know why or how to stop it from escalating. I've had both of them examined by the vet, and I even have a Feliway diffuser going, but nothing is helping. Gershwin has always, ALWAYS, long before Tristan, been a very unstable emotionally cat. But he's taking it out on Tristan and today scared me. I (stupidly) pulled Gershwin off of Tristan and he bit me really hard. He gets this glean in his eyes of pure hatred, like he wants us all dead, and it's stupid, but it makes me feel really bad because we've been nothing but amazing to him for the 10 years since we rescued him. I hate that it always comes down to him hating us.

I've had this issue with two of my cats recently and the feliway diffuser has done nothing for me either. I now keep them in separate parts of the house, which sucks but I can't take the fighting anymore. On the plus side, they are both acting like their normal snuggly selves now. I just don't get what caused/is causing the issue. You have my sympathy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Bach flower remedy? Is it safe for cats? Helped with our macaw (avian vet approved).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:26 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I like my job, but, working in healthcare is like 40%, helping people 50% documenting your work so you don't get sued and 10% figuring out how to get grumpy people not to take it out on you. So, today I mostly dealt with the documenting and being overly accommodating to grumpy people. My day kinda sucked.

I also stayed late to go to a meeting that i'm pretty sure everyone else knew wasn't going to happen, and when I went to it, no one else showed up. There's definitely some newbie hazing going on, but I'm just trying to act like it doesn't bother me and next time I'm just going to have to put my foot down and remind them of my hours.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I accidentally ate some non-vegan ranch dressing and totally ruined my lunch salad! I always forget that Follow Your Heart is dumb and has dressings with dairy. Mostly I'm bummed because I had to throw out 3/4ths of a giant salad and am now going to spend the rest of the day thinking that I'm getting sick when I'm probably fine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:57 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I could say that it's the fact that my students failed their rock test (class avg 56%) even though all the questions were from their study guide (with posted answer key) and their past quizzes (thoroughly reviewed and discussed in class). I just can't with these kids. They won't put forth any effort at all. The average is skewed: one third C+ or above, lots of Bs, few As, couple perfect scores, half failures below 40%. Deep breaths. Focusing on the kids who will let themselves be helped. They are the reason I like getting up at 4 am to drive 2 hours to work.

But, really it's that I ate all my Nana's Cocina red salsa tortilla chips that taste like Doritos only less chemically and gross. I knew I shouldn't have bought them be ause of my diet, but I haven't found them in a few years, and I'm weak. Doritos were always one of my junk food loves. The bad part is that they are gone, not that I ate them all. They were delicious. I was going to make nachos, but just ate them plain over past 3 days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:04 pm 
Naked Under Apron

we had pasta night: italian-seasoned soy curls + sauteed cherry tomatoes, asparagus, and broccoli. tons of nooch, garlic 'n red pepper flakes, too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm 
Chard Martyr

forking weddings. They are expensive no matter how small you make them. I'm freaking out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

vijita wrote:
forking weddings. They are expensive no matter how small you make them. I'm freaking out.

ugh yeah. I know :( I really liked my wedding and tried to keep it small, but I still feel ridiculous for how much money we spent on it. It just adds up so fast!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458 ... 619  Next