| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472 ... 627  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Moon wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:
Tons of awesome birthday messages from my friends today, and not a single message from my boyfriend. What a keeper.

Happy birthday!

I will cross my fingers that he's purposely ignoring you and making you think he forgot and you'll get some epic surprise later. And if that doesn't happen, then I give you permission to kick him in the shins!

He's redeemed himself by texting me literally 10 min after I posted, and then followed up with a call.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh, yikes pp. feel better soon.

Today wasn't too bad, actually. I didn't count the quiz, gave the kids a lecture on not succumbing to senioritis, and made Friday a review day instead of test day. We will see how it goes. They paid attention in class today, for the most part (instead of sleeping or staring at the ceiling).

The best part: my student who is pregnant came back today WITH ALL HER WORK! Her mom helped her while she was out. Her grade for the quarter is going to be good! She told me she has good support at home. Actually, when I asked if she did, she broke out into a huge, happy smile, so things at home are clearly good. I'm so relieved; I'm been crazy worried about her. And the student I conned with lipgloss and nail polish chatter has been doing great at her credit recovery program. Super upbeat and happy and working hard instead of being discouraged. So two big positives to help make up for all the rest who just won't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I have a dry socket :(

And the weird rest part is everyone's all "you smoke?!" when I tell them. No?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Fee wrote:
I have a dry socket :(

And the weird rest part is everyone's all "you smoke?!" when I tell them. No?

I think that's the most common cause. I got one from forgetting and using a straw. Once heard it described as a "new adventure in pain." I hope you're better soon.

And healing vibes to paprikapapaya!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I don't know what I did, probably just deliriously tore the stitch when moving the gauze the first day. So to me it seems like its really easy to do and not at all as rare as they make it out to be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Fee wrote:
I don't know what I did, probably just deliriously tore the stitch when moving the gauze the first day. So to me it seems like its really easy to do and not at all as rare as they make it out to be.

I did all the bad things (other than smoking) and was a super champion of oral healing when my wisdom teeth came out. My friend was a sloppy infected mess and had terrible dry socket. She's one of those people who takes forever to heal from stuff and it wasn't really a surprise that it happened to her. I think some people are just doomed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 pm 
Nailed to the V

Awwwwwwww lava.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Who wants to play a game called, where the hell did my boyfriend storm off to about an hour ago when I was in the shower? And (when) will he be back?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:30 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Just a super weird low mood and nobody around to chat with.....Bah.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 am 
Ninja Master

Woke up with a mahoosive coldsore! :(

I've been fighting them for months and all the ones I've felt coming up I managed to catch in time with zovirax. So my work stress has been manifesting itself on my face as stupidly dry skin and blotchiness instead. That was just starting to clear up a bit and now the coldsore has won! dammit.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Home sick. I feel like I could sleep the whole day, and it wouldn't be long enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:03 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

lutin wrote:
Home sick. I feel like I could sleep the whole day, and it wouldn't be long enough.

yeps :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:31 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got rejected from the on campus writing tutor job I applied for. I mean, fair enough. But I'm sick of being told I'm somehow special and of course applying for these things is a good idea and that I'm an ideal candidate and brilliant even among students at Tech. And then being shot down. I have a forking fantastic academic record for a physics major. I have a greater than 4.0 GPA in the history department and nothing to show for it. Either people are lying to me about how good a student I am or I'm apparently somehow otherwise not good enough and nobody's willing to tell me. I'm tired of people telling me I'm outstanding and lecturing me about self esteem when I say it's a huge long shot until I get my hopes up and then being turned down.

This is the most first world of first world problems and I'm a whiny entitled brat, but I'm sick of working so hard and there being such a huge disconnect between my grades and things that matter in real life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Woke up to angry knocking on my door. It was my downstairs neighbor who swore I'd woken him up two nights in a row by "stomping" on my floor/his ceiling. The most I'd done was walk to the bathroom and back. He was angry beyond reason and completely irrational. He threatened to call the police and press charges if it happened again.

A year or so ago, he started threatening and harassing the couple who lives below him, saying that one of the guys (who was sick) was coughing on purpose to persecute him. He also accused them of stealing his mail, amongst other things. They ended up having to call the police when he tried to kick down their door.

Now he's turned his attention to me. Yay. I've let the police know, and if he comes by again, I'm calling 112 (Dutch 911).

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

zwingtip wrote:
I got rejected from the on campus writing tutor job I applied for. I mean, fair enough. But I'm sick of being told I'm somehow special and of course applying for these things is a good idea and that I'm an ideal candidate and brilliant even among students at Tech. And then being shot down. I have a forking fantastic academic record for a physics major. I have a greater than 4.0 GPA in the history department and nothing to show for it. Either people are lying to me about how good a student I am or I'm apparently somehow otherwise not good enough and nobody's willing to tell me. I'm tired of people telling me I'm outstanding and lecturing me about self esteem when I say it's a huge long shot until I get my hopes up and then being turned down.

This is the most first world of first world problems and I'm a whiny entitled brat, but I'm sick of working so hard and there being such a huge disconnect between my grades and things that matter in real life.

I worked at the math center as a checkin clerk (same pay, better shifts, and less effort than actually tutoring) and I helped read applications. One tutor job would get a solid 300-400 applications. Of those, a solid 100 would have been pretty awesome. If I had wanted to tutor, Id have been immediately hired because they knew and liked me and who wants to read 300 applications if you dont have to do it? I'm sure the math majors would have been pissed, but hey, who you know counts a lot.

I was turned down to tutor geology by the athletic department even though I had lots of tutoring experience, had the highest department GPA and was specifically sent by professors as their best candidate when the athletic department asked. Who knows what they wanted?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh well, I hope this is my worst thing. Last iron appt and it took FIVE forking TRIES to get the IV I. And to draw a fuckton of blood.

Both of my arms hurt, I've got a lovely bruise already and a hematoma. They did the IV in my left handle finally and that really hurts, plus, I'm left handed so it's annoying.

I'm so nauseus that I feel the room spinning. I didn't bring food because I got up too late and had nothing quick. Can't eat my yogurt with one hand (if I move left hand an inch, it beeps and stops running the IV) and it took an extra HOUR AND A HALF to hook me up today, so my latte is already gone.

fork, I'm grumpy.

Good part: I found a pretty black and cream floral Ralph Lauren shirt I've been wanting finally on sale for $35 (was $90). I've been waiting to pounce on that. I usually buy one new shirt per season, and really liked this one. It will be perfect for work with black skirts, jeans or capris. I don't have any cream camis though, would white work, or should I try to find cream? I have plenty of black of course, but I'll wear this shirt a lot, so don't want the same outfit all the time. Probably I should ask this in the fashion thread, but Im already here and maybe fluff in the worst things thread isn't all bad.

I want pizza. But I forgot to bring the benedryl, so if I stop anywhere on way home, I'll get sick before I get home to take it. Giant only has the crappy Amy's pizzas. $10 for gluten free crust that doesn't taste as good as the cardboard box (I'll ask Molly for confirmation as she has tasted both items; she shook her head at the pizza, but seemed to enjoy the box).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

lavawitch wrote:
zwingtip wrote:

I worked at the math center as a checkin clerk (same pay, better shifts, and less effort than actually tutoring) and I helped read applications. One tutor job would get a solid 300-400 applications. Of those, a solid 100 would have been pretty awesome. If I had wanted to tutor, Id have been immediately hired because they knew and liked me and who wants to read 300 applications if you dont have to do it? I'm sure the math majors would have been pissed, but hey, who you know counts a lot.

I was turned down to tutor geology by the athletic department even though I had lots of tutoring experience, had the highest department GPA and was specifically sent by professors as their best candidate when the athletic department asked. Who knows what they wanted?

I'm one of like 10 humanities majors at the university though and approximately 50-100 of non majors actually give a fork about writing. I had two recommendations (they only required one) from well respected faculty members in the department. It's just a frustrating trend (this happened applying for an astronomy TA job as well as for nomination to apply for a prestigious scholarship as well) of people I respect and trust acting like they think I walk on water and yelling at me for thinking I'm not good enough, while other people are like "yeah you're good but not that good".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:57 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Found out a friend is doing something questionable with her business. Which normally... whatever. But she wants to tie that business with my business. I can't be too specific, but the legality of it all is making me nervous. I can tell her no. But still have to play "the bad guy" when telling her why. Which could lead to issues.
Not to mention the betrayal I feel as these are things she has said she does not do.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

lutin wrote:

update: I slept the whole day. (It wasn't long enough.)

Also, showers. Sucks when even taking a shower is too much. I miss having a bathtub. Sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:21 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I hate nurses who can't do blood draws properly. This one finally called over another nurse just as I was about to be a bisque and request a new nurse, and the new nurse did the IV with zero pain or problem. Took her 20 seconds.

The pain in my left arm is so bad I was crying on the way home, unable to move my arm, and combined with dizziness and nausea from treatment, couldn't go into taco place to get food (mom is sick, so only dad took me and he wont try to get food for me unless instructions are specific, and I don't know their menu enough to do that). So I get French fries as my meal,* and my arm hurts. I've got four separate visible bruises already.

Really though, I've never had an IV hurt like this after removal. I'm totally not a baby about this stuff; I deal with blood draws and IVs etc often enough and they don't bother me. When I was in the hospital etting draws every 4 hrs, they always said they were amazed by how easy going I was with it.

How is it possible for my arm to feel like its going to fall off? Anybody k ow what the fizzle this nurse did/didn't do? Its already a bit swollen at the site.

*feeling sorry for myself is ridiculous. Imcoukd have a) eaten breakfast, b) planned ahead or c) remembered to bring the benedryl so we'd have had time to stop at Wegmans where my dad could have gone in for pizza

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

lepelaar wrote:
Woke up to angry knocking on my door. It was my downstairs neighbor who swore I'd woken him up two nights in a row by "stomping" on my floor/his ceiling. The most I'd done was walk to the bathroom and back. He was angry beyond reason and completely irrational. He threatened to call the police and press charges if it happened again.

A year or so ago, he started threatening and harassing the couple who lives below him, saying that one of the guys (who was sick) was coughing on purpose to persecute him. He also accused them of stealing his mail, amongst other things. They ended up having to call the police when he tried to kick down their door.

Now he's turned his attention to me. Yay. I've let the police know, and if he comes by again, I'm calling 112 (Dutch 911).

ahaaaaaaaaa yes. I lived above a lady in Amsterdam that from day one of me being there came up and said I was walking around too much/too loudly (no shiitake! I was unpacking, there was going to be walking and noises!)

she left me several notes, and even contacted my landlord to ask that she not offer to renew my lease (which my landlord ignored, and told me about). afaik the authorities were never called, but similarly going to the bathroom was a huge drama..I'd stay in bed until I was busting and couldn't hold it any longer. I think at some point she even set hours when it was 'okay' to walk around.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:51 pm 
Chip Strong

I just got a call from my parents saying that my dog had two seizures last night. The worst part is I'm not there; I'm forty minutes away. She hates the vet and I hate that I can't be there with her. And I don't really know what's going on yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:51 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Oh no, eatsbabies! I am so sorry about your dog! I really hope she's okay.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:11 pm 
Married to the wolfman

lutin wrote:
Also, showers. Sucks when even taking a shower is too much.

Ah, I know that feeling, and it is a bad one. Hang in there buddy.

Overall I'm having a great day, but I have a feeling it's on its way downhill. I had lunch two hours ago and am starting to get massively hungry again despite eating plenty of food earlier in the day. I'm on campus for four more hours, have 85 cents at my disposal, and have nothing to eat in my backpack except a banana. Like I said: on its way downhill.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:51 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Just threw up my huge dinner of nachos slathered in tons of hot sauce and salsa. After puking I blew my blew my nose and tiny bits of partly digested spic y beans came out. Too much spicy and acid on my delicate nose and soft palette tissues!

Also my tummy felt better for about 10 minutes, but now I feel like maybe it's got more it would like to rid itself of.

OK now that that's done...

I took a melatonin just a few minutes before emptying all the contents of my tummy. Good idea or bad idea to take another?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472 ... 627  Next