| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473 ... 647  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

electric_claire wrote:
Just threw up my huge dinner of nachos slathered in tons of hot sauce and salsa. After puking I blew my blew my nose and tiny bits of partly digested spic y beans came out. Too much spicy and acid on my delicate nose and soft palette tissues!

Also my tummy felt better for about 10 minutes, but now I feel like maybe it's got more it would like to rid itself of.

OK now that that's done...

I took a melatonin just a few minutes before emptying all the contents of my tummy. Good idea or bad idea to take another?

I would take another one. I think if you take too much you'll just get extra tired, it's not like taking too many sleeping pills.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Still mostly immobile. I'm getting a bit better, but still standing makes me wince and when my back starts spasming I just automatically start screaming in agony, so that's not super good. What's worse is my mother decided to come visit to "check on her baby" (I hate the fact that she still thinks it's appropriate to say things like that), and the whole time she's like, "You think you're in pain - I had sciatica! That's worse!" and "I felt a little anxious the other day...I TOTALLY know what you go through with anxiety." She's always trying to one up me, even when it comes to illness. And then as I'm laying there in agony, she rattles on with stories about her work that are so uninteresting but since they star HER, she tells them again and again. I guess a bedridden invalid is a perfect person for a narcissist to talk to.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:49 pm 
Nooch of Earl

joshua wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
Woke up to angry knocking on my door. It was my downstairs neighbor who swore I'd woken him up two nights in a row by "stomping" on my floor/his ceiling. The most I'd done was walk to the bathroom and back. He was angry beyond reason and completely irrational. He threatened to call the police and press charges if it happened again.

A year or so ago, he started threatening and harassing the couple who lives below him, saying that one of the guys (who was sick) was coughing on purpose to persecute him. He also accused them of stealing his mail, amongst other things. They ended up having to call the police when he tried to kick down their door.

Now he's turned his attention to me. Yay. I've let the police know, and if he comes by again, I'm calling 112 (Dutch 911).

ahaaaaaaaaa yes. I lived above a lady in Amsterdam that from day one of me being there came up and said I was walking around too much/too loudly (no shiitake! I was unpacking, there was going to be walking and noises!)

she left me several notes, and even contacted my landlord to ask that she not offer to renew my lease (which my landlord ignored, and told me about). afaik the authorities were never called, but similarly going to the bathroom was a huge drama..I'd stay in bed until I was busting and couldn't hold it any longer. I think at some point she even set hours when it was 'okay' to walk around.

Dude, when I lived in Amsterdam there was a dude next door who would have shouting matches with, apparently, himself, at three in the morning for hours on end night after night. Woulda gladly traded for people walking overhead with these people!!

(we never figured it out. Was he having night terrors? Watching South American soccer and getting really really agitated? yelling at another person who just didn't yell back? Was it dementia or some kind of illness? We saw an ambulance take someone away one day and then it was over. The yelling was not in Dutch or English so we couldn't understand it, it sounded vaguely like german but wasn't comprehensible as that either. Mysteries!!! But still, would have gladly traded for walking noises.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

paprikapapaya wrote:
Still mostly immobile. I'm getting a bit better, but still standing makes me wince and when my back starts spasming I just automatically start screaming in agony, so that's not super good. What's worse is my mother decided to come visit to "check on her baby" (I hate the fact that she still thinks it's appropriate to say things like that), and the whole time she's like, "You think you're in pain - I had sciatica! That's worse!" and "I felt a little anxious the other day...I TOTALLY know what you go through with anxiety." She's always trying to one up me, even when it comes to illness. And then as I'm laying there in agony, she rattles on with stories about her work that are so uninteresting but since they star HER, she tells them again and again. I guess a bedridden invalid is a perfect person for a narcissist to talk to.

UGH! Huge hugs to you! Is the doctor an option? Any medicine you can take?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:35 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

There is a car horn that is going off every couple minutes for a couple minutes here and ihave to say it's the most frustrating thing. I wouldn't care except that I'm trying to sleep and I can't when noises like that stop and start. If it was continuous it would be one thing, but its not.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:00 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I had the dentist yesterday. I need 2 fillings, 2 fissure seals and a heck of a lot of cleaning. I had no pain in my teeth in the lead up but since the check-up I have a pain in one of the teeth that needs a filling because of decay. Bummer. Now I have to try get a lot of money together as soon as I can to get all the work done.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:02 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

The neighbor talked the landlord into letting him chop THREE GIANT TREES to bits because "they make (his=the neighbor's) house dark". Seriously? Seriously? I asked him if he had any intention of replacing the destroyed trees with something green to try to make up for it. "Nope."

I'm so furious, I can't find words.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:08 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I can maybe see his side? My first apartment had pretty giant trees right outside, but the result was our entire apartment had zero sunlight in spring and summer and was always a dark depressing batcave. In the kitchen, with all windows fully open in the afternoon, we couldn't make a pbj without the lights on. I was so happy to move out of there; it made it extra super easy for my depression issues to spiral completely out of control.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Chester is just so sick that it's heartbreaking. He's home now, but he just lays in the grass shaking all frail from being too sick to eat. We have to go back to the vet today because I can't stand this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 am 
Impressive boner

I have the worst hangover I've had in at least five years. I don't normally react so badly to alcohol.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fee wrote:
Chester is just so sick that it's heartbreaking. He's home now, but he just lays in the grass shaking all frail from being too sick to eat. We have to go back to the vet today because I can't stand this.

Uggggh. Hugs :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:36 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

lavawitch wrote:
I can maybe see his side? My first apartment had pretty giant trees right outside, but the result was our entire apartment had zero sunlight in spring and summer and was always a dark depressing batcave. In the kitchen, with all windows fully open in the afternoon, we couldn't make a pbj without the lights on. I was so happy to move out of there; it made it extra super easy for my depression issues to spiral completely out of control.

Yeah. I get that, so long as there's an actual change in the sunlight that enters the house. I wish I could show you the path of the sun and our properties. This tree removal doesn't change anything, except possibly 2 hours of after-10-pm-sunlight around the summer solstice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:02 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Fee wrote:

Been wondering, but didn't want to ask. Huge hugs to you and Chester.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:56 pm 

The vet didn't seem too worried so I think that's a good sign. But she did give us antibiotics that he won't eat because he won't eat anything. But last night he did eat two beggin strips, so if we find the right motivation he may come around.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:41 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Fee wrote:
The vet didn't seem too worried so I think that's a good sign. But she did give us antibiotics that he won't eat because he won't eat anything. But last night he did eat two beggin strips, so if we find the right motivation he may come around.

I don't remember how it goes with dogs, but is there something you can bully him into eating somehow? We had to do that with our cockatiel. She was getting healthier and recovering from her I factions and egg binding, but was dying because she wouldn't eat or drink. We had to use a syringe and force some food into her. I say "we", but it was really my mom who was there. Every hour, she would get a few calories into that bird, no matter what. The day she ate her first bit of seed again was so magical.

Like maybe, use a syringe to get some wet dog food near the back of his mouth so he feels he may as well swallow? Would that work on a dog?

Good thoughts for you too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm 

We've tried to force feed him pills before but it's too hard unless you have an army of people and we can't have many people around him right now since he's so stressed. But I did find some wet foods he's willing to eat and the pills are small so I'm sure I'll be able to get him to take them now. The only hard part is that he's lost 14 lbs in the past 30 days so while I desperately want to give him as much as he'll eat, I know he's bound to puke if I give him what the cans say to give. I'm trying to give him a little at a time, but it's hard because I'm afraid he'll stop eating any second.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:57 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That's exactly what we went through with the tiel. We had to just try for a few calories an hour with the most calorie dense stuff we could get in her. She was all big bones sticking out; it was so scary. We kind of had the opposite problem holding her down because she was just so fragile.

What about IV feeding at the vet? The vet gave the tiel lots of fluids too.

This was all 6 years or so ago. Right now she is flying around the house causing havoc! We were so sure we were going to lose her and really are convinced that my mom just bullied her into getting better because the tiel had obviously given up. Don't underestimate the power of your love and bond with him.

Big hugs; hang in there. It does sound like he is on the mend, even if it's still a long haul to get there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:24 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I just did my taxes and I just...didn't expect to owe so damn much (on top of everything I owe for my education and whatnot). I was actually feeling good the past few months about my meager savings. Swoosh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We're supposed to be able to see the auroras tonight, but it's cloudy. :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:46 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

It's still early. NASA's space weather center said aeound 11:30pm might be the ideal time. I doubt we'll see anything here though. I found a civil war era painting showing the aurora over the battlefield in my back yard--kind of cool. I hadn't realized we could ever see them here. Apparently after that battle was the last time recorded.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Today I learned that my "new" (hand-me-down, new to me) phone only holds a charge for about 7 hours. I learned this about 7 hours after removing it from the charger. This wouldn't have been so terrible except that I realized this at the same time as I realized that my keys were locked inside of my car. Oh, adventures.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:06 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

starrynight87 wrote:
We're supposed to be able to see the auroras tonight, but it's cloudy. :(

Same here :( so disappointing.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:34 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Some dude shouted unsolicited parenting advice at me. (He was telling me that I needed to put clothing on my kid, who was out in our front yard in a diaper in beautiful weather.) Why do people always feel the need to give me pro tips like this? I mean, does anyone actually think... "that lady failed to notice her kid didn't have clothes on and left the house!" Probably not, right? So what's the point then? Just to make someone else feel shitty or what?

I really just don't understand why anyone would ever shout at a random stranger, unless the message is like "look out a piano is about to fall on you!"

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:19 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Someone yelled at me yesterday that I was parked in a disabled spot. They followed me into Starbucks to tell me this. Apparently, the guy reported my license plate to the police for misuse of a permit. I guess because I wasn't wheeling an oxygen tank? Jackass.

That happens every few months, actually. People assume that if you are not what they consider visibly handicapped enough that you are using someone else's or are taking advantage of the system.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:44 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fee wrote:
We've tried to force feed him pills before but it's too hard unless you have an army of people and we can't have many people around him right now since he's so stressed. But I did find some wet foods he's willing to eat and the pills are small so I'm sure I'll be able to get him to take them now. The only hard part is that he's lost 14 lbs in the past 30 days so while I desperately want to give him as much as he'll eat, I know he's bound to puke if I give him what the cans say to give. I'm trying to give him a little at a time, but it's hard because I'm afraid he'll stop eating any second.

I hope you don't mind if I PM you about this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473 ... 647  Next