| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 627  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

An ex-colleague of mine was killed in a car accident (a car hit her bike). She was 31.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Jogirl, I ride everywhere, and so do many of my friends. There's a part of me that worries about that every day. Many hugs to you and your friend's family and friends.

CQ, cancer sucks. No matter how quickly it's caught or how easy it supposedly is, it's still the worst. Hugs to you and your family.

Oh, Fee, I'm so very sorry. Oodles of hugs to you and Chester. I can't imagine.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 pm 
And you never will.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of my husband's from back home lost her battle with breast cancer. He was pretty upset that he couldn't go to the funeral or see her family, all of whom he is close to. Then he got news today that his grandma (who also has cancer) has days-to-weeks to live. We have no money at all, but we decided to go ahead and buy him a plane ticket with our credit card and figure it out later. I really, really hate doing that, but he hasn't seen his grandparents in nearly two years and they're both ill, so he wants to see both of them one last time. I can hardly say no to that, because I would want the same thing if I was living an ocean away from my grandparents. The whole situation is just really hard and it's really bringing him down. Losing people you love really sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Man, so much sadness. Jogirl, that's awful--I worry about my husband so much when he's here, because his bicycle commute is 13 miles. He loves it, but I am always fearing the worst. CQ, I hope your family member has a very successful course of treatment. Fee, so sorry, that's really tough. PB, Sorry to hear about your husband's grandma. You're doing the right thing.

The worst thing about my day was, as usual, trying to explain to my daughter that it's OK to miss her daddy, that he'll be home in a few months, etc, and the little high pitched whine she makes when I tell her he's on a ship. Sometimes I wish I could be like a lot of the other wives and say "he's a hero! he's fighting bad guys so they don't come hurt us!" but I know that modern naval activities and adversarial political relationships are a lot more complicated than that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Thanks for the good thoughts guys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:57 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Big hugs, Fee.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:26 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

cramps. terrible, terrible, terrible cramps. also, my office building neighbors have set up a giant crane & construction equipment today . . . exactly when i'm supposed to start recording sound-sensitive stuff for an experiment. i wish they'd give us notice about this kind of shiitake. i don't believe for a second that they planned it overnight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:35 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Ugh woke up at 3 am to a really weird feeling gut. Nnggg it feels so weird. Kinda want to cry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Finding out that my 2.5% salary increase will be at most 1.25% because I was hired after 2011 - 2 days before the increase is supposed to take effect.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Blizzard warning. Two days of snow (30 cm) , ice pellets and freezing rain. Awww crepe ! Hey, Mother Nature it is the end of April ! Where is spring ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I had a dream about my older sister and when we found out she wasn't going to make it. I started to cry and beg her not to leave and when I woke up I was crying. I've had dreams with her in them since she passed, but this was the first time it was that real.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

fatcat, i'm so sorry.
i also had a dream last night about my [departed] daughter and it made me so upset that my day was so terrible. it's amazing how years later a dream or a memory can still hit so hard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm sorry you also had that type of dream. They do make the rest of the day difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:17 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

forking gunfire and explosions in Watertown. My forking hometown. After the Boston bombing shiitake. What the hell is happening in my state.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Birthday woods-venture to see Mother Meera with two of my close friends is cancelled, because she is suddenly going to Canada. (At least I got a long and lovely phone call from from one of my friends to talk about it?)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I never would have thought that my whiplash injury from over a year ago could flare up again after so much time, but apparently it can. Oh my fork, this is awful. I can hardly move my jaw, parts of that side of my face are numb, and I feel dizzy and nauseous. Never mind the neck pain and headache. Starting to really kick myself for not doing physio for it before.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This is so much epic crepe. I feel like I have a huge burning hot stone in the base of my skull.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I reeeeeeallly wanted to go skateboarding but as soon as I stepped out it started raining. Also the elevator has been broken for a while and I'm starting to get tired of hauling stuff 6 floors up... Today I had to do it way too many times and I've done so much exercise lately my feet are killing me every time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:43 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I just got into a huge fight with my dad and I'm not sure whether we're going to recover from it? It started with him telling me I was too left leaning politically, citing our disagreement on Thatcher and managed to escalate to him telling me I can't stay with him when he moves to London and that I am intellectually inferior in social and political issues. I told him he was an emotionally stunted human with no capacity for empathy. And not to bother road tripping with me this summer. Apparently he said 4 times this morning that he can't wait for my mom to inherit her parents' house so she can sell it? This knowledge is not doing much to change my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:16 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Fee wrote:
We've tried to force feed him pills before but it's too hard unless you have an army of people and we can't have many people around him right now since he's so stressed. But I did find some wet foods he's willing to eat and the pills are small so I'm sure I'll be able to get him to take them now. The only hard part is that he's lost 14 lbs in the past 30 days so while I desperately want to give him as much as he'll eat, I know he's bound to puke if I give him what the cans say to give. I'm trying to give him a little at a time, but it's hard because I'm afraid he'll stop eating any second.

I'm so sorry your dog is sick. I apologize if I am suggesting something you've already tried, but I figured I'd mention it just in case. My pup got really sick during the holidays this year and had similar symptoms (shaking, vomiting, and refusal to eat or drink). We took him to the vet and they said he had an infection and kept him over night and gave him IV fluids and antibiotics and then sent him home with a weeklong course of antibiotics. I was really worried about trying to make him take pills when he wasn't wanting to eat, but our vet recommended greenies pill pockets and they were seriously a life saver. They're these really soft treats with a hole at one end and you put the pill inside and squish the end shut. Archie loved them, even as sick as he was. We still give the leftover treats to him now (without pills in them of course). In fact, anytime he hears my vitamin bottles shaking when I take them he comes running cause he thinks he's getting a treat. Our vet also prescribed him anti-nausea meds that really helped him feel better and start eating again. I was so worried the whole time he was sick and would sit with him on the floor feeding him out of my hand. I know it is so stressful :( When he wouldn't even drink my vet also suggested offering him chicken broth as it would be more enticing than water and that worked too. Sending good thoughts your way.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

PP, you need a new job.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i was walking down the street and there was a big group of kids. and they blew pot smoke in my face and yelled "weed rights" but that's after i got cat called while working on my yard and then cat called when i was riding my bike. i don't know what to do about street harassment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fupapack wrote:
i was walking down the street and there was a big group of kids. and they blew pot smoke in my face and yelled "weed rights" but that's after i got cat called while working on my yard and then cat called when i was riding my bike. i don't know what to do about street harassment.

Some people would suggest that you start carrying a gun.

I am not one of those people.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:52 pm 
Nailed to the V

Ughhhh fupapack, I'm so sorry. Street harassment is the worst. Last summer, I got cat called in a really weird way from kids on top of a building, yelling at everyone who was walking by. I called the cops* and they said there's nothing they could do. When it happens, I yell back BE RESPECTFUL and usually I get made fun of after that.

*edit: obviously non emergency line.

Last edited by julialegume on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:52 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm sorry, fupa. I don't know what to do about it either but it really sucks you had to deal with all that on the same day, or at all.

I guess I have a Twitter now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 627  Next