| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476 ... 648  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i get catcalled pretty much on a daily basis. it's really wearing me down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 pm 
Nailed to the V

fupa, just yell that back to them. That exact thing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:37 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

The back door to our building was kicked in a couple days ago. Fred found it, immediately called our landlord, and nailed it shut. The maintenance man fixed it first thing the next morning. Just now, I went downstairs to put in a load of laundry. The door to the laundry room is always locked and you need a key to get in, but there's another door that I think is only accessible from the apartment on the first floor. It was open. A man came out.

He immediately apologized for scaring me, said he was friends with someone in the building and used to live here, and left. I heard him lock the door and head back to the first floor apartment. I didn't lock the door to our apartment, so I was so freaked out when I came back upstairs that I was shaking.

I don't really know any of our neighbors - just seen them walking their dogs or passing in the hall. I do not feel comfortable going back down. Fred's at work and will be until 1.30 and our forking sheets are down there. I also don't have any clean socks. This was to be my first load of 4 tonight. But I don't think I can bring myself to go back down.

I keep trying to tell myself I'm being ridiculous. But I don't believe it. I'm scared to even go in the kitchen, since we have a window that overlooks the back hallway. We moved to this building because our last apartment, not even a block away was broken into twice last summer. I hate this apartment. I hate this neighborhood. I want the fork out of this city. NOW.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 am 
Impressive boner

As soon as I came downstairs this morning I found dots of blood on the floor in Oscar and Spike's enclosure. I think he has a bladder problem. He's had a does of painkillers and antibiotics and is in isolation for the time being so I can make sure the blood was from him. Poor little chap :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

We adopted two cats yesterday, one of whom is small and skittish... and we haven't been able to find her all morning. She went missing sometime between the time wyvern got up and the time I got up (45 min difference).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:33 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

Louzilla wrote:
We adopted two cats yesterday, one of whom is small and skittish... and we haven't been able to find her all morning. She went missing sometime between the time wyvern got up and the time I got up (45 min difference).

is she inside? because she'll turn up eventually. she'll get hungry or (during a quiet time) get comfortable enough to wander out..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

joshua wrote:
Louzilla wrote:

is she inside? because she'll turn up eventually. she'll get hungry or (during a quiet time) get comfortable enough to wander out..

She must be; we haven't opened any doors or windows at all today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

When my first cat was a tiny baby, she disappeared. After hours of tearing the house apart we heard a mew from the cabinets. She had actually gotten under and behind the cabinetry. We couldn't get her out, but she came out (in her own sweet time) and we blocked the hole she found.

Which is to say, she'll turn up.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That's the only place we can think of that she could be!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Finally found her! Just walked into our bedroom and there she was, laying on the floor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

yay!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:15 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

fupapack wrote:
i get catcalled pretty much on a daily basis. it's really wearing me down.

julialegume wrote:
fupa, just yell that back to them. That exact thing.

That's so interesting to me. I wonder if it has something to do with where you live/work/are? Is this normal everywhere? I feel like I talked to my BFF once about cat-calling (she's a lady-type), and though she certainly had had it, it's not often for her. And she's super sexy to-boot (though not like that often comes into play at all for who's likely to get cat-called). I sort of find that whole thing fascinating because since I'm trans I remember what it was like to have that be a fairly normal occurrence, and then to have it just totally not be remotely part of my life at all. Well at least not in your average around-town way anyhow. I have been cat-called as a gay man by gay men before but usually only when also in groups of a bunch of gay men so it doesn't feel icky like it did when you're just alone out doing your business.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm making a total guess here, although of course the reason doesn't matter. From photos posts, etc, I'm willing to bet that Fupa gives off a super confident bad asparagus vibe. The type of jackass who likes to cat call and harass women tends to find that pretty intimidating and terrifying, so they harass to make themselves feel more powerful.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that Fupapak. You are worth a dozen of those crassholes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didn't get a job I really wanted. I put a ton of time into the application, and they essentially told me that it was too good and I came across as overqualified. So frustrating. It was for an organisation that I've done some volunteer work for, so we had a good chat and they mentioned that they would hold on to my CV for consulting-type opportunities, but I don't expect much to come of it.

On the plus side, Boyfriend said he would make me a consolation cake if I didn't get the job. So that's something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:13 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

RyanAir is the worst airline ever and a sad letdown to a honeymoon's end.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Half of the annotations that I did on Friday didn't save. And, I have to re-do all 700 annotations anyway. Le sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:36 am 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry vijita! Your honeymoon sounds lovely, and I wish you'd had the same wonderful experience all the way home.

And Errinerung, that sucks! Would they let you resubmit a less awesome CV? My mom had a similar problem through a lot of her career - she was so overqualified for entry level stuff and didn't have the exact experience (or the experience in the US) that she would have needed for a higher level position

((((((Hugs to you lutin)))))

Sending good thoughts fupapack.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am 
Semen Strong

I have asthma and ever spring, allergies, a cold and asthma trigger to give me a lung infection that means that I can't breath right. So I woke up every hour last night because I wasn't breathing. Its freaky and worries the crepe out of me. I'm going to get a Z-pack today so hopefully I can start feeling better, but last night I thought I was just going to stop breathing and die.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:47 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I just feel really anxious and sad. I want to go home to bed, but I have to keep working for a few hours. I'm actually fine, but I guess feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything that has been going on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 pm 
Dead by dawn

ndpittman wrote:
I just feel really anxious and sad. I want to go home to bed, but I have to keep working for a few hours. I'm actually fine, but I guess feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything that has been going on.

If you can't go home, at least give yourself a huge hug from the PPK. It's totally OK to feel overwhelmed (I know you know that... just sayin')

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

monkeytoes wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

If you can't go home, at least give yourself a huge hug from the PPK. It's totally OK to feel overwhelmed (I know you know that... just sayin')

Thanks, MToes. I feel a little better being able to say, OK, this is overwhelming, facing that, and then trying to function still. I don't know. A co-worker's father is having some sudden health issues. (She came home to him having stroke-like symptoms.) So I'm trying to figure out some work stuff for her, and I'm getting frustrated by some silly systems permissions things. I just don't want her to have to deal with any of the work nonsense on top of last week and her dad's issues.

And I feel guilty saying this, but really I just need a good sweaty work out, but my normal gym is closed because while it's technically in the same building as my office, the only entrance is on Boylston Street, which is still inaccessible. I want the FBI and police to take all the time they need, but man, I am looking forward to lifting some heavy things and jumping around like an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I borrowed a set of 28 copies of V for Vendetta from another teacher and I've been teaching a unit on it these past several weeks. The students loved it and I loved it, but they have walked off with other 20 copies of the book. That's basically $500 worth of books that I need to replace.

If these books do not get returned this week, I will have a serious nervous breakdown.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Are they not financially responsible as they would be for a textbook?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 pm 
Semen Strong

Tofulish wrote:
I have asthma and ever spring, allergies, a cold and asthma trigger to give me a lung infection that means that I can't breath right. So I woke up every hour last night because I wasn't breathing. Its freaky and worries the crepe out of me. I'm going to get a Z-pack today so hopefully I can start feeling better, but last night I thought I was just going to stop breathing and die.

The abx haven't yet fully kicked in and my lung volume is really low, so I'm using my rescue inhaler again tonight and feel super-jittery and still can't breathe properly. It really makes you appreciate breathing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

lavawitch wrote:
Are they not financially responsible as they would be for a textbook?

The problem is that since we only had a class set, students borrowed during class, and it would've been WAY too time consuming to check the books in and out EVERY SINGLE DAY, so they had a pile of books at the table. (There wasn't even a book per student--it was roughly 3 books to every 4 students.) So then if students walked out of class with them, I had no way of knowing who took what book.

So, out of my 110 students, 20 of them have the book, but I don't know who. So I can't hold EVERYONE responsible.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476 ... 648  Next