| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I had my minerals stolen when I passed them around the room. No idea who took them. I bought those myself, so next year we just won't have any.

It was just a look and pass along deal, and I stopped the class for 5 minutes asking for them back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:04 am 
Married to the wolfman

Reeeeally class? C'mon people.

This is such a minor thing but it is bugging the hell out of me: I am having this weird stiffness/pain right where my fingers hook onto my hand. (What is that spot called? Is that your first knuckle?) Just on one hand, just started today, no triggering action that I can ascertain.

My partner thinks it's an RSI, which is reasonable guess considering the amount of time I spend doing things like typing with that hand... buuuuut on that same token, if it's an RSI, it's going to get worse before it gets better because I have NO time to take off from doing things with my hands right now. Ugh. Not now, life!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lavawitch wrote:
I'm making a total guess here, although of course the reason doesn't matter. From photos posts, etc, I'm willing to bet that Fupa gives off a super confident bad asparagus vibe. The type of jackass who likes to cat call and harass women tends to find that pretty intimidating and terrifying, so they harass to make themselves feel more powerful.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that Fupapak. You are worth a dozen of those crassholes.

Yeah maybe that's it. I mean I dress kinda sexy but also kinda not. I wear weird colors and cuts. If I wear a short skirt I wear tights and almost never show my chest. I just want to be left alone, ya know? Could also be were I live. I never had this problem in Vermont.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:19 am 
Impressive boner

Mr8 didn't get his annual bonus. The reason for this is because the manager responsible for his last work appraisal had open prejudices against Mr8's disabilities and has marked him as 'needing improvement' based upon these. This grading prevents Mr8 from qualifying for his bonus as the shitty work grading system only allows those marked as 'good', 'very good' or 'excellent' to qualify. This sort of event has a very forking serious domino effect on Mr8's mood and health.

The company he works for has a lot to answer for in the way it's treat him. He's been documenting everything and has saved as much evidence as he can in case he chooses to take them to tribunal. For the time being we're going to get a copy of the appraisal and cross reference it with the documents he has from the autism clinic and the work OH adviser and build a case to get this overturned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I slept horribly last night (nothing new) but decided to go to the gym anyway. I got up at 5:15 and my clothes were already in the bathroom. Somehow I dropped my forking socks in the toilet! I have no idea how it happened. At least I hadn't peed yet. I wrung them out and threw them in the shower. That was the only pair upstairs. I would have had to go down two flights to the basement and dig around in the unfolded laundry for another pair. I decided it was the universe's way of telling me to go back to bed. I realized after I got in bed that I forgot to wash my hands. Gah! Not a good way to start the day. I'm laughing now of course but seriously?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Toilet socks! Ack!

Most trivial worst thing but I need to tell someone about it: we got exams back in my favorite class today... I got a really decent score, but the professor wrote a note sort of vaguely accusing me of cheating on one of the problems. Apparently someone in the other class section made the same arithmetic mistake on their exam and he thought it was a really unusual coincidence. His tone in the comment was kind of jokey, so I don't think he meant for me to be offended by it? But I explained where I got my number from and he was like "still, weird coincidence! Ha ha!" It's not really a weird coincidence guy, the other person likely also just wrote down the quotient instead of the remainder. That seems like a pretty common mistake to me! But maybe he is just surprised that two grad students could both be that bad at math.

Anyway I guess I'm upset because now I've put a favorite professor in a position of thinking that I'm either a cheater or secretly stupid!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

The medication I'm taking is making me insanely itchy. It started last night & it seems to be getting worse. I'm gonna call the doctor in the morning but I hope I don't have to stop taking it and start again with something else. On the other hand if the itching could lead to the other possible side effects like liver failure I'd rather stop!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

A very dear friend passed away yesterday. He was 28. We don't know any details about it. I'm able to go to the visitation tomorrow at least. I'm pretty messed up about this. He really stepped up for me when my sister was too sick to be my older sibling when they were in high school. He even took me to my first concert - Sugar Ray. I can't imagine not being able to call him anymore. He was one of those people who made everyone feel so important and like wherever you were and whatever you were doing with him was exactly what he wanted to be doing. I'm just so sad right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:44 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

So today's cool Facebook trend is everybody posting photos of their arms with tally marks drawn on them. I've since learned that this is a Doctor Who thing, but when I first woke up and looked at Facebook, I had no idea what it was. I literally thought that I was actually still asleep and having a nightmare where everybody was posting self-injury photos on Facebook. So like, I'm so glad everyone thought that was really fun, meanwhile I'm having a forking panic attack and trying to wake myself up from a dream that I'm not actually even having. Day didn't get much better after that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 pm 

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that my band just broke up. My bandmate just told me she's moving away. There are two of us in the band, so if she moves away, that's...the end of the band. Seriously, fork this day/week/month. I just cannot get a break, can I.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:51 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aw CQ. :[ I missed that trend on FB, but it actually really bothered me in Doctor Who for a reason I couldn't place-- your post made me realize, aeons after the fact, that it was because it reminded me of self-injury.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 pm 
Nailed to the V

It's the scariest Doctor Who ep evah.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:56 pm 

Yeah, I have actually seen the episode (an episode?) where they decide to start doing it, so it wasn't even like I didn't get it because I'm not familiar with the show. Just, like, lots of photos of arms like that with no explanation? My first thought was definitely not Doctor Who. Especially with it being the first thing I saw on the internet in the morning. I probably would have been fine if the posts had included an explanation, like if I had figured out wayyyyy sooner what was going on instead of seeing soooooo many people posting their arms like that with no explanation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I'm so sorry Fizzgig. Your friend sounds wonderful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 am 
Ninja Master

Fizzgig wrote:
A very dear friend passed away yesterday. He was 28. We don't know any details about it. I'm able to go to the visitation tomorrow at least. I'm pretty messed up about this. He really stepped up for me when my sister was too sick to be my older sibling when they were in high school. He even took me to my first concert - Sugar Ray. I can't imagine not being able to call him anymore. He was one of those people who made everyone feel so important and like wherever you were and whatever you were doing with him was exactly what he wanted to be doing. I'm just so sad right now.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 am 

Hugs to you, Fizzgig. I can't imagine how much of a shock it must all be. I'm so sorry for your loss and offer many wishes of peace.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Realizing that I actually for real only have 2 friends in the entire world. I mean, 2 are better than none, but knowing that I cannot trust any of the good friends I thought I had is kind of forking with me and making me sad.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm 

Thanks, ppk.

Ap, I'm sorry you're lonely...we all love you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:00 pm 

Thanks, ppk.

Ap, I'm sorry you're lonely...we all love you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Fizzgig, I'm so sorry about your bad news and your unexpected loss... that is truly a terrible thing to experience. The loss of friends, especially those who have supported us through hard times, can be extremely difficult. They are your chosen family, after all. I hope you and all those around him can find strength and comfort in each other over the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:47 pm 
Inflexitarian

The last two days we've had state testing (tomorrow is day 3) and it's been holy hell. I have the craziest testing group for today and tomorrow and at some point I am 100% sure there will be a full blown fight in my room. I got shoved today by them when they almost got into it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Big hugs, AP. I only have 2 good friends myself, and they're both out of state.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Fizzgig. Chosen family is as important as any other.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I add my sadness to the condolences, Fizzgig. Very sad news. Take good care.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:35 am 
Discovered unobtainium

New grad req next year, so enrollment down and electives teachers screwed = losing my job and unlikely to find another

I cant deal with anything anymore. As it is, I have barely enough mental energy to scrape by.

I have managed to completely fork my life over. Huge student loans with interest each month more than the minimums I can pay, and I can't get a job with my worthless degree because my field needs a masters that I can't get because my medical history means no grad school will accept me.

I just can't find a single positive anywhere. I'm tired of being in pain, tired of being completely isolated, tired of having no idea how to have any kind of future. I'll spend my birthday hiding in bed, throwing up. Which actually isn't far off how Ive spent every birthday ever.

I shouldn't have told my mom. She is already nagging me about a job fair for a school district on Saturday. I've already interviewed with them, they've already told me they cannot hire any teacher previously nonrenweal for any reason per school board, even thouggh they liked me. The job I interviewed for didnt even get filled; they had to use subs for half the year. I don't know what is unclear about the fact that large school districts often have set in stone HR policies and don't deviate from them.

Also, how the fork am I supposed to navigate a job fair now when I can't stand for more than 5 minutes? I cannot stand in a line for an hour like I did a few years ago. I cant even walk around a stupid supermarket. Even then, it took me a week to recover from the walking, being bumped around and standing all day. That was before my last surgery.

Oh yeah: for a different job in my district, because I'm currently a temporary employee, I'm not allowed to attend the transfer fair or apply for jobs until late July. New grads get precedence over me (and other temp employees) because they get invited to that fair and most schools fill their jobs in June. fork us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 619  Next