| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480 ... 618  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:57 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I stubbed my pinky toe just walking around my apartment doing whatever, and it happens to be a toe I've broken before, and has delightfully swollen and gone to the pain-zone. Boo.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 am 
Married to the wolfman

My anxiety level is kind of off the charts today for no reason I can ascertain. It's been high manageable most of the time lately (mostly due to stress) but today I feel like I'm going to forking lose it, I am so keyed up and tense and on the edge of panic attacky. I had already agreed to have lunch with a friend of mine today and now I wish I could cancel and stay home and hide under something today.

(But, I know the visit will be lovely and it's not like I'm going to be not anxious if I stay at home.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I woke up, got out of bed, and it pretty much went downhill from there.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Everyone else in my family is at a family funeral and I wish I could have been there for support but I live hundreds of miles away. We've lived here about seven weeks now and I love it, but I do miss my family and would like one of my mom's amazing hugs.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:19 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

12 cats were poisoned in the next town over....:/ it was a feral colony be taken care of by two people in their 80s.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:58 pm 
Impressive boner

That's awful :(

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:08 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am trying to get a legal question answered, but no one will answer it. At all. Like one person told me to go get the report, but then the person with the report told me it wasn't public record and I can't look. But that I should go ahead and file this thing over here. Which I have to have the report to do.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:03 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am trying to arrange official travel that will make my life much easier AND saves the government $400. And I think they will not let me do it, so the travel will be harder and cost more. So, so frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:07 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Passed by a construction site where a new Planned Parenthood is supposed to go up in my town, and there were protesters with dead baby signs. UGH. Just having had twins, I'm more strongly pro-choice than ever since I don't think anyone should have to go through pregnancy/birth/childrearing unless they want to, and postpartum hormones are making me ultra weepy, so the disgusting signs distressed me more than normal.

The irony is that this Planned Parenthood isn't even going to perform abortions. There's another one about 15 miles away that does, and this one will just provide other health care services like pap smears and the like.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Forking 4 hrs to get home today. What is with all these insane accidents on 95 in the past 7-10 days? I've never seen anything like this.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:48 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Wow. right now I am REALLY wishing there were some way to unsend an email.
Really really really.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:19 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh wow! Holy mole, I was so not prepared for how many feelings I am having right now. Over something I posted about in the relationship thread. The worst isn't that it's happening, or anything... it's just how it's physically affecting me. I just now absolutely had to change into the most comfy-least restricting thing I own. I pretty much just needed to take my clothes off, I felt so constricted. Bummed because I was so excited earlier today to get some gardening and new-bedroom-decorating done. So can't physically do anything other than drink soda water and type on the PPK right now. HUH. I kinda feel like I might rather have the bad-outcome of this drama happen versus just more of this unknowing.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Had to relenquish one of my cats today. Lost my boyfriend and cat in a 4 day period.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:06 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

kfad wrote:
I am trying to get a legal question answered, but no one will answer it. At all. Like one person told me to go get the report, but then the person with the report told me it wasn't public record and I can't look. But that I should go ahead and file this thing over here. Which I have to have the report to do.

do you live where i live? because this was my life for the last three weeks. [i got the shiitake solved today but thought i was going to die in the process. patience and eventually you'll find someone who will let you do it if you keep trying.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

torque wrote:
kfad wrote:

do you live where i live? because this was my life for the last three weeks. [i got the shiitake solved today but thought i was going to die in the process. patience and eventually you'll find someone who will let you do it if you keep trying.

I am talking to a lawyer tomorrow. When I told her that they were not disclosing... she was all over it. So I hope that with a phone call from her it will be dealt with.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

6+ hours of commuting in the worst rain I've ever seen. I'm not easily scared while driving and I love rain, but this was so stressful. It was like that this morning, on way home (over 4 hrs of delay ecause of a 10 car pile up; hopefully everybody is ok!), and on way home from 2nd job. Driving that long means my spine goes numb and my back hurts.

7 hours of trying to do review game with kids who refuse to look at their notes or do any work, so all I got were blank stares for the jeopardy game. I gave them all the questions in advance! They are just so checked out for the year already. They will fail.

3 hrs of trying to teach GED writing while trying to stay awake and not keel over from hunger (no food all day since I usually get food at 4 before GED but couldn't today because of commute from hell). Now because I haven't eaten all day, I have stomach pains from the stupid ulcer.

I really hate today.

And then Molly bit me when I came home because I was late and that's not allowed in Bird World.

Trying to recover with comfy blankets and pillows and Witness for the Prosecution on Netflix.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I had a very difficult conversation today. It made me cry and I'm sad about it, even though I know it was necessary and the right time for it (or a bit overdue). I eliminated options for myself because it was selfish to keep them open and not fair to other people. But definitely the worst thing about my week.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ScooterDiva wrote:
Had to relenquish one of my cats today. Lost my boyfriend and cat in a 4 day period.

((hugs))

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:58 pm 
We So Excited

This is a hard one today...there was getting soaked on the way to work, F. Suitcase's room flooding and having to deal with her (understandable) freakout via text, or the student referring to me (so that I would hear of course) as a forking bisque who could suck him...or maybe the dean of discipline's answer to that being calling his mother--and nothing else. That is not going to stand, there will be more of a consequence, I'm not working for another month with students who have been given permission to harass me. Also, still can't really chew. FML.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:35 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Friday wrote:
This is a hard one today...there was getting soaked on the way to work, F. Suitcase's room flooding and having to deal with her (understandable) freakout via text, or the student referring to me (so that I would hear of course) as a forking bisque who could suck him...or maybe the dean of discipline's answer to that being calling his mother--and nothing else. That is not going to stand, there will be more of a consequence, I'm not working for another month with students who have been given permission to harass me. Also, still can't really chew. FML.

YIKES! I'm sorry it got so screwed up! And the flooding, today was supposed to be supposed to be puppy shower?

My bite is a bit sucky right now too.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:48 pm 
We So Excited

Thanks. They got it cleaned up and the puppy shower is still on!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:15 pm 

My flatmate/best friend is very angry about a situation not of his making. He can't get angry at the people he's really angry at, so he got REALLY angry with me instead.* Which made me really shaky and upset just before work, and made me feel shitty all day.

*I get how he feels, and we have talked about it since, but still.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 am 

I've just spent a small fortune on fabric and now my sewing machine isn't picking up the thread. The shuttle isn't going through the loop nine stiches out of every ten. ARGH.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:44 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ScooterDiva wrote:

<3 That's rough, SD. How are you doing?

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 am 

A colleague of mine has looked like she's on the verge of tears all day and she has kept saying she's overtired. She just texted me apologising for being so nasty at lunch - which she wasn't in the slightest. I gave her a ring to see how she was outside of work, but she just said she's really tired...

I'm worried about her!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480 ... 618  Next