| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Brakes on my car went this morning on the way to work. I don't know what the fork. My car just passed inspection very recently with no real issues, and my dad always keeps an eye on it.

Since I figured smelling smoke and hearing noises and feeling squish when I braked was Not Good, I called my dad and he drove all the way up here to look at it. (yes, he is beyond awesome)

I hope this isn't anything expensive because my bank is empty and I'm probably unemployed. I just paid state taxes and just got an unexpected huge medical bill for my iron treatments that cleaned me out. fork.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Gulliver wrote:
A colleague of mine has looked like she's on the verge of tears all day and she has kept saying she's overtired. She just texted me apologising for being so nasty at lunch - which she wasn't in the slightest. I gave her a ring to see how she was outside of work, but she just said she's really tired...

I'm worried about her!

That sounds like me! I don't feel like I'm being nice or productive to anyone, even though I know I am, but I keep apologizing to everyone! It's kind of getting out of control. Just give her a hug (if that's not weird) and maybe praise her for what she IS doing.

My boss has been fired and this is utter bullshiitake at work.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:40 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Gulliver wrote:
I've just spent a small fortune on fabric and now my sewing machine isn't picking up the thread. The shuttle isn't going through the loop nine stiches out of every ten. ARGH.

Did you just change the needle? Doublecheck if it's in there correctly. This happened to me recently!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

fisticuffs wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
I've just spent a small fortune on fabric and now my sewing machine isn't picking up the thread. The shuttle isn't going through the loop nine stiches out of every ten. ARGH.

Did you just change the needle? Doublecheck if it's in there correctly. This happened to me recently!
It turned out to be that the thing the vibrating shuttle sits in was out of alignment and some common sense and a screwdriver was all it needed.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thanks to health shiitake I couldnt hand in a paper i needed to hand in a few weeks back and I just tried to push it out of my mind. Today the professor wrote to me... God, Im so stupid, why didnt I tell him that I was ill? Now I had to beg so I could still hand it in next week and I feel so clumsy writing to him in Norwegian so I feel even worse about myself. And now Im scared the 12 page essay which is really bad so far, will be horrible. And Im afraid he will not accept it, which is probably silly of me but it scares me so much and I'm freaking out a bit. It just reminded me of why my mental health still sucks.

Oh and the worst thing a few days ago fits there nicely. Some random people on the street called me a "fat cow" and it effected me so badly and made me feel ashamed about myself, and then I got angry because it effected me.(etc)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:59 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Gulliver wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:
Gulliver wrote:

It turned out to be that the thing the vibrating shuttle sits in was out of alignment and some common sense and a screwdriver was all it needed.

Ha, I was skim reading and thought this was in reply to the thing about your colleague!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I locked the keys in my car.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:49 pm 
Married to the wolfman

My worst and best are closely related today!

My worst is that I am a complete dumb asparagus. I forgot the adapter to connect my laptop to the projector at home. So then I thought, I will borrow one from my professor, he also has a Mac, problem solved. So I asked him for his and he gave me one and I didn't even look at it until I was out of his office. When I stopped to look at it I was like, this is the wrong adapter. FORK. But then I thought, mayyyybe this one will work anyway? I couldn't try it out because the room with the projector was locked. As soon as class started, I tried it out, realized it was really wrong, and went on a panic tear around campus looking for another one.

It turns out my professor had the (older) one I needed the whole time, he just didn't understand that's why I fled the room. And I KNEW he had it-- he was fishing around in his bag the other day and mentioned he had all of them-- I just didn't put it together in my brain, like oh, I could go back and ask him if he has the other one on him too. S M R T.

Anyway, I was able to give my presentation as a total sweaty and ridiculous rambling mess but jesus what an awful half hour.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Aw C&S I've so been there. I always forget the adapter or my laser pointer. Nothing like being stressed and manic before giving a talk! At least it's done now though!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:25 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My dad fixed my car and it was only $150. Not the big bill I was expecting. Not what I wanted to do wit $150, but I can manage that. Huge relief! It was some freaky thing on my brakes that cracked/broke. He said he has never seen anything like it in 50+ years of working on cars. I was lucky.

I bought him German beer and chocolate cream pie. I went to the big beer store, but apparently it's impossible to get Louwenbrau in this state. That would have been a huge treat for him. I'll have to drive to Maryland to get him some for fathers day.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:15 pm 
Semen Strong

I watched a man kick and shove a young, yellow lab into a garage, while the dog, who had been happily walking minutes, before was yelping loudly.

I asked why he put the dog in the garage and he said "That is where the dog lives. I let him out for a walk after I come home, give him some food and water and then he goes back into the garage." So this dog is left alone most of the day in a garage, living in a space that is probably too big for his body to heat adequately. So I said "you know, dogs really want to live with their people and a garage isn't an appropriate place to house a dog." And he shrugged and said "Whatever" and walked into the house.

I just don't get how people can do this to any living creature. And at the same time, its completely legal - the dog has shelter, food and water and under NJ law, that is all he is entitled to.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:31 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

That's awful, tofulish. What a horrible thing to do to an animal.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:25 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

A few days ago, fluffy cat brought a live mouse into the flat from the garden and released it, and this morning I found its little dead body where she'd clearly caught it on an escape attempt. The cats haven't brought any wildlife (alive or dead) into the flat for almost a year and I thought they'd got past their previous farm cat existence.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 am 
Impressive boner

My rib disfunction started again last night. It was 95% better yesterday morning then I tried to clean and jerk a heavier weight and it went again. It's going to set my training schedule back yet again and probably cost another £100 in osteopath's fees.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:07 am 
Seagull of the PPK

this is a "bad" thing, not a terrible thing. maybe it will make someone laugh.
i finished a monster project yesterday at 630pm. decided to celebrate by cooking [i almost never cook any more, too busy]. decided to make gobi manchurian, which i can only make in huge, huge amounts and eat like a pig.
so i made it and it was glorious and i ate way too much.
this morning i am so, so sick with a belly that is making scary noises and a case of the galloping shiitakes. Of course, i supplemented my gobi manchurian with shots of pickled peppers, so i get the fire down below.
whyohwhydoineverlearnmylesson

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 pm 
Chip Strong

I almost never buy my lunch at work. But a mediterranean place opened near by that is run by some people who are clients of a refugee organization that my daughter works for. I thought I would support them. The had vegan items marked on the menu and I also talked to the guy about which items that are vegan/can be made vegan. Thought I was all set. I went back today and got the same damn order, which was all vegan stuff (not modified), but didn't expressly talk about the veganess of the stuff because we just had the chat the other day and I got the same things. But when I got back to work and looked at the falafel, it had Tzatziki drizzled on it. I have no way of knowing if it's vegan or not!! I can't really call over there because I don't know if they will understand me. if I take off the pieces that have the offending sauce, I will be left with virtually no falafel. This is making me miserable. $10 wasted.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:23 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oof. Hard time sleeping. Deep hurting. Boof.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My boyfriend's mum got taken in by one of those things that goes round facebook suckering kind-hearted but naive people. This one was a picture of a very ill looking baby with some text underneath saying the boy had cancer and that for every share $1 will be donated for treatment.

Even seeing babies asleep gives me a turn sometimes since what happened a while back, so this was really upsetting.

I just told her I believed it was a hoax with a link to a hoax-slayer type article about these types of pictures (which apparently are on the increase). I'm sad she didn't think about who might see that picture and what their reaction might be though (in fact I'm surprised she didn't get a bad reaction herself).

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:46 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Hoodwinked wrote:
I almost never buy my lunch at work. But a mediterranean place opened near by that is run by some people who are clients of a refugee organization that my daughter works for. I thought I would support them. The had vegan items marked on the menu and I also talked to the guy about which items that are vegan/can be made vegan. Thought I was all set. I went back today and got the same damn order, which was all vegan stuff (not modified), but didn't expressly talk about the veganess of the stuff because we just had the chat the other day and I got the same things. But when I got back to work and looked at the falafel, it had Tzatziki drizzled on it. I have no way of knowing if it's vegan or not!! I can't really call over there because I don't know if they will understand me. if I take off the pieces that have the offending sauce, I will be left with virtually no falafel. This is making me miserable. $10 wasted.

That sucks! I'm sure the tzatziki isn't vegan if it's a regular/non-vegan restaurant. such a bummer when stuff like that happens.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:11 pm 

Oh PPK. How do I make the pain go away? :( I don't like it. It's really painful. Go away, pain. I hate you.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:51 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Hugs Mars!!!! I know how you feel - it does get better though. I didn't think it would but a week on and already it's a little less. You'll get through this, promise!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:33 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I took my 10 year old budgie to the vet today because she was acting strange and found out she has a pretty bad tumor near her stomach. Because of her age, her size and the size and placement of the tumor they are pretty sure she would just die if they operated on it. They said as soon as she starts showing signs of being in pain to bring her back in and they'll put her down, they said it could be as soon as this month. She seems so happy right now, eats well and is so spirited I can't imagine her being gone so soon but he said to be prepared for the worst.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:37 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm so sorry, Korisnory!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Thanks ashley. I'm still in a bit of shock about it, but I guess the best thing to do is make the most of the time we have together and keep her as happy and comfortable as possible. I just hope we have longer then the vet thinks.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 pm 

Thanks, Scooter. And, I know, I've been there before! Sometimes it helps reminding me that I even made it through death-related heartbreak, come on, that's way more hardcore than this.

I played my ukulele a bunch after I posted this and I do feel much better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481 ... 632  Next