| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:12 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Korisnory wrote:
Thanks ashley. I'm still in a bit of shock about it, but I guess the best thing to do is make the most of the time we have together and keep her as happy and comfortable as possible. I just hope we have longer then the vet thinks.

I'm so sorry. Your poor little sweetie.

Is your vet avian certified? 10 isn't really old for a budgie. I know some vets are a lot more hesitant than others with the tiny guys.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:14 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Hang in there Mars. I hope you feel better soon. <3

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:42 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

lavawitch wrote:
Korisnory wrote:
Thanks ashley. I'm still in a bit of shock about it, but I guess the best thing to do is make the most of the time we have together and keep her as happy and comfortable as possible. I just hope we have longer then the vet thinks.

I'm so sorry. Your poor little sweetie.

Is your vet avian certified? 10 isn't really old for a budgie. I know some vets are a lot more hesitant than others with the tiny guys.

Thank you.

Yes he is, we have to drive almost an hour just to get there because none of my local vets are avian certified.
I thought we had at least another good 5 years with her. I'm also pretty concerned how my other budgie who is pretty attached to her is going to take it. She's about 5 years younger but the two of them are like sisters.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:09 am 
Impressive boner

Hold on Mars. It will pass but you've got to wait it out, and the waiting is the horrible bit. Wish I could give you a big hug.

I'm so sorry Korisnory. I hope that you get to spend plenty of time with her. Is there any chance of you being able to adopt another 5 year old in the future to keep her sister company?

My rib dysfunction started up again on Thursday. It's the fifth one on the left side, at the joint with my spine. Every now and then it flares up, causing pain and mobility problems. It always has some other associated pain with it on that side of my back and this time it's gone for the neck. The muscles around the join between my left shoulder and my neck really hurt. I can't turn my head properly and any sharp movement makes me wince and whimper. It's stopping me from getting about like usual and has halted my training again. I've tried stretches and self-massage but to no avail. So frustrating :(

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:19 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It's Mother's Day. I will be avoiding Facebook and everyone's squishy messages about how wonderful their mothers are. I hate this day.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:35 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

paprikapapaya wrote:
It's Mother's Day. I will be avoiding Facebook and everyone's squishy messages about how wonderful their mothers are. I hate this day.

I'm sorry about that, really! This day is really hard for Jay too, because his mother used to love the day/attention and now she is gone, but I feel like it can't be a bad thing for those of us fortunate enough to have good relations with our mothers (both alive or passed), or even any mothering person in our life to spend some time honouring them. I do worry about sensitivity on FB though. I hope your day goes okay.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:46 am 

Oh yeah, it's definitely a wonderful thing for those who have that in their lives! For me, it's more that I wish I had that, not that I hate that others do. I just get upset because it reminds me of what I don't have, but I AM glad that some people do.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 am 
WELFARIST!

paprikapapaya wrote:

Yeah, I already went on and it was MDay this and that. I contemplate what I'm missing when I think of Mother's Day. And sadness and loss and nurturing unconditional love I never had long enough in my life but everyone else seems to know about and all that. <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 am 

Exactly that, SV. Much love to you today. <3<3<3

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Funny, I just posted about this in the "Women Who have chosen not to have kids" thread. I really love wasting time on FB, but I just had to sign off... relentless momming! I even totally 100% love my mom, but the total onslaught of it was making me uncomfortable.

Then you start to think about the poor folks who've just lost their mom, or never had a good relationship with their mom, or have been trying unsuccessfully to become moms. Hopefully they will know to avoid FB too. Hugs to all.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Korisnory wrote:
I took my 10 year old budgie to the vet today because she was acting strange and found out she has a pretty bad tumor near her stomach. Because of her age, her size and the size and placement of the tumor they are pretty sure she would just die if they operated on it. They said as soon as she starts showing signs of being in pain to bring her back in and they'll put her down, they said it could be as soon as this month. She seems so happy right now, eats well and is so spirited I can't imagine her being gone so soon but he said to be prepared for the worst.

I'm so sorry. We went through this when my pup was diagnosed ~2 years ago and it was just so hard. Big hugs, I hope you have longer than the vet expects.<3

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:55 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

The special breakfast i made for my boo failed.
Well, really it's not that bad, but it feels terrible. My coconut whipped cream is not whipped. I might try making it into icecream...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 am 
Married to the wolfman

I kind of hate Facebook overkill about any holiday, but this has got to be one of the worst.

Also, one of my friends is having an... Ongoing miscarriage right now and the last thing she needs is people shouting YAY MOTHERHOOD from every corner of the universe right now. She had to go out to a store in a mall for something and I'm like noooooo don't dooooo it because you know that crepe is going to be everywhere.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:48 pm 
Impressive boner

Today has been a total write-off. Pain, lethargy, no appetite, crying at insignificant things. I spent all afternoon making a new top that was a total failure. I should have gone back to bed when I wanted to at 2pm.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:26 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Just learned my mother almost definitely has a disease (getting further testing and a second opinion etc) that has a prognosis of 2-3 years and has likely had it for 2-3 years already. Happy forking mother's day.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:28 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, man, C&S. I'm so sorry.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:20 pm 
And you never will.

dropscone wrote:
My boyfriend's mum got taken in by one of those things that goes round facebook suckering kind-hearted but naive people. This one was a picture of a very ill looking baby with some text underneath saying the boy had cancer and that for every share $1 will be donated for treatment.

Even seeing babies asleep gives me a turn sometimes since what happened a while back, so this was really upsetting.

I just told her I believed it was a hoax with a link to a hoax-slayer type article about these types of pictures (which apparently are on the increase). I'm sad she didn't think about who might see that picture and what their reaction might be though (in fact I'm surprised she didn't get a bad reaction herself).

Oh dropscone, I'm so sorry. Sometimes people just don't think. <3

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm sorry if my FB upset anyone or was overkill. My mom and I have a complicated relationship, but looking at old pictures today reminded me of when I thought she was the coolest, smartest, prettiest person in the world, and I wanted to be just like her.

Much love to all!! (Extra squeeze paprikapapaya)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:36 pm 
Semen Strong

Your FB pictures were so hilarious and awesome! I loved them! Plus you were such a cute kiddo!

Many good thoughts to everyone in the thread.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Someone called my boss and told her that I was rude and hung up on him. This is not true, and I'm so confused about why someone would feel the need to do this. I now have a written warning and will be fired if I receive another one. fork.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Jigglypuff wrote:
Someone called my boss and told her that I was rude and hung up on him. This is not true, and I'm so confused about why someone would feel the need to do this. I now have a written warning and will be fired if I receive another one. fork.

And your employer didn't believe you that it wasn't true? That's terrible. Most employers I have had, while usually crappy in their own ways, would usually believe the employee over the customer/client in situations like this. Sounds like a new workplace might be preferable if this place is so unsupportive of you.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:21 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

erynne936 wrote:
Jigglypuff wrote:

And your employer didn't believe you that it wasn't true? That's terrible. Most employers I have had, while usually crappy in their own ways, would usually believe the employee over the customer/client in situations like this. Sounds like a new workplace might be preferable if this place is so unsupportive of you.

My employer said it was a case of he said/she said. She also advised me to be excessively polite in the future and let her know if the phone batteries seem to be getting low and causing calls to cut out. All of this was said warmly and she seemed very surprised to have received a complaint about me, so I think she had to give me a written warning because her boss (and her boss's boss) knew about it. I have the feeling that the person who called in was just a grumpy jerk who felt like getting me in trouble.

The thing that really sucks is I couldn't say much to defend myself because I have to concentrate on not crying when I'm embarrassed or upset. Hopefully I don't do anything to earn another warning, because I really need this job and can't handle the thought of being fired. Ugh!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:34 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Jigglypuff wrote:
My employer said it was a case of he said/she said. She also advised me to be excessively polite in the future and let her know if the phone batteries seem to be getting low and causing calls to cut out. All of this was said warmly and she seemed very surprised to have received a complaint about me, so I think she had to give me a written warning because her boss (and her boss's boss) knew about it. I have the feeling that the person who called in was just a grumpy jerk who felt like getting me in trouble.

The thing that really sucks is I couldn't say much to defend myself because I have to concentrate on not crying when I'm embarrassed or upset. Hopefully I don't do anything to earn another warning, because I really need this job and can't handle the thought of being fired. Ugh!

Aw that sucks :( I understand about having to hold it together at times of stress! At least it sounds like your direct supervisor who had to write the warning knows that this is something that is not in your character.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:36 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Thanks for the sympathy, erynne! I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Hugs, Jigglypuff. That sounds terrible. At least your direct boss was thoughtful about it.

I wish my uterus would stop attacking me. Or that it would forget this new "1st day of blood = super intense double plus pain" trick it learned.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482 ... 632  Next