| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485 ... 627  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:11 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ugh, C&s. spending money on dental stuff is so hard for me. Sorry about your tooth.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:18 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

no kidding C&S, i am horrified just thinking about it. tooth stuff for me is always for some reason connected to my family and ugh. hope you can get it sorted somehow. i'm thinking of you and wish there were something I could do. Hang in there.

i have reached the point on my list of things to do where i can no longer procrastinate: i need to buy the plane tickets. For some reason this really bothers me. i'm having a rosacea attack and feel like i'm going to be sick.
actually, i can't buy them today, i don't have the kid's passport new passport number here. so i guess that solves that problem. ugh.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:10 pm 
***LIES!!!***

So much barfing. Bile tastes like poison.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:41 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Waking up with raging (raging!) nausea. This is my first 5 minutes out of bed all day, and I'm not sure it was a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:27 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Relatedly: It would be really awesome to thrive here, instead of feeling like I'm just kinda sorta almost managing to survive all the time.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Lutin, I have felt the same way for such a long time.

Today I've reached the state of abject panic. Surely a sleepless night didn't help.
My driver's license will expire while I'm gone. this should not be panic-inducing.
I have a complex house-of-cards paperwork wise which will require me to come back to BR during the next school year TO PICK UP A CARD. That is all. If I don't pick up said card, I lose my residency.
Everything is OK but I am looking at all the things I have to do and just beginning to hyperventilate. Which is why I'm here procrastinating....
I was supposed to go to Motor Vehicles to get my address in order but realize I don't have the appropriate paperwork. Ugh.
So then Immigration Police [sure to be a joy], lunch with a client, two assessments in the company where I translate....
So much stuff to do.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

You can do it torque! We're rooting for you!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

torque wrote:
Lutin, I have felt the same way for such a long time.

Today I've reached the state of abject panic. Surely a sleepless night didn't help.
My driver's license will expire while I'm gone. this should not be panic-inducing.
I have a complex house-of-cards paperwork wise which will require me to come back to BR during the next school year TO PICK UP A CARD. That is all. If I don't pick up said card, I lose my residency.

What if you lost your driver's license? Would you then get a new one with a new expiration date?
(and would that solve your problem?)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

If it expires, I will get a new one. Right? It will be fine.
Thanks for your support guys. I know this is just my nerves screwing everything up. I went to the immigration police today and they were able to come up with a solution for me. The driver's license is just a document. Things will be OK. I think I should write this on something and tape it to my glasses.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:06 am 

My department at work used to be somewhat under the remit of another, but has now become a fully-fledged department in its own right. The other department is really forking pissy about this, and they keep doing very silly things that show a complete lack of personal and professional respect. I've been timetabled to go on a trip, by them, without any liaison with my department or asking me. Apparently, they didn't even look at my timetable to see that I would be pulled out of lessons that they have nothing to do with. Yesterday, someone complained that the learning support staff weren't helping the teachers set up the classrooms and so the lessons started late. If there wasn't a student in the room, I would have gone on a bit of a "Well, maybe because we are not employed to help you, we are employed to help the learners and the lesson might begin on time more often if you stopped arriving late. It's not our fault that you have not prepared the classroom". But I bit my lip as it would have been unprofessional and I was not going to step down to her level.

I'm going to talk to my manager about it later in the week as I've got some one on one time with her. Argh, though.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:27 am 
WRETCHED

Something minor but day 3 or so of a bad cold/flu. I kept thinking earlier this year I was sick where I'd feel kind of tired/congested but then I figured maybe it was allergies. This is sickness. Night #1 - Couldn't sleep because throat hurt too much. Night #2 - Couldn't sleep because I was totally congested. All I want to do is sleep but due to discomfort, even with medicine, I can only get a couple hours of sleep at a time. I'm well medicated though but other than doing what I'm doing, not sure what else I can do. Oh and do to remodeling construction, I can't sleep in my bed during the day. I nap on the floor in my basement when I can.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ive been wanting cake, so I finally made one today, put it in the oven, then got an email that really upset me because I just can't handle more things wrong right now, so I took my half baked cake out and dumped it because I just needed to go be alone and cry and couldnt bear the idea of waiting around for the cake. Now I really want my stupid cake. I've never had a stupid proper vegan cake and I get resentful and crave cake every year for a month or so after my birthday.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm 
And you never will.

Awwww, *hugs* lw. I wish I could make you a cake <3

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Thanks. Best left to the professionals. I can bake everything else though.

I'm eating fritos for dinner, which has improved my mood but made me feel sick.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I could go buy cake after work tomorrow. A few places within a couple miles of work, but the traffic coming back would add at least an hour to my commute, if not two (the 40 minutes to drive the 2 miles back to 95 would put me on 95 at the worst time).

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:26 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Well, helloooooo! I have a blocked, red, ouchy ear!! Why do ear infections ALWAYS POP UP right before I travel?
bright spot, i managed to get a spot with the ENT for Monday morning. The one thing I will miss about Brazil next year is the ridiculously cheap and good elective care I have access to.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:42 am 
WRETCHED

Day 4 of what I believe to be a flu, not a cold. Couldn't sleep last night because despite medicine, I started coughing and had head congestion. I moved to the couch to sleep so not to disturb my husband with my constant coughing and blowing my nose. My chest hurts and I really feel like I can't breathe well. I'm getting winded by walking up my stairs. I know this is a minor worst thing but not being able to sleep and a hurting chest makes me grumpy.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:56 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Feel better quickly, linanil.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:20 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm having a really crappy day mentally.

I'm lying, it's been a crappy month mentally and today is just the worst it's been. I don't think I even like myself any more.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:13 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

oh, fee. i don't know what's wrong or what we can do, but we still like you. you should like you. you're good.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:21 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

This is kinda dumb and mostly my fault but I goofed up and cut someone off a little bit in traffic today. I say a little bit because they were a fair distance away and there wasn't much of a risk of collision, they just had to slow down a little. Well. They (a few guys in the car) tailgated me up the road really aggressively making rude gestures out the window, and since I was on my way to Planned Parenthood I really didn't want things to escalate there, I went a little further up the road than I needed to, and they pulled up in the lane next to me and shouted something horrible before speeding off. So I felt super shakey and scared and also was late to my appointment.
And like I get it, I messed up and could have caused an accident if circumstances were different, but, fork. Pretty sure I didn't deserve any of that. Ugh.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:07 pm 

My apartment was broken into either yesterday during the day or last night while I was asleep. Thankfully, they only stole my wallet and didn't even get money out of my debit card that was in it. I'm mostly ok because I left the window open accidentally so I'll just keep the window closed from now on. Sigh. Summer is going to be so uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

kilgore trout wrote:
This is kinda dumb and mostly my fault but I goofed up and cut someone off a little bit in traffic today. I say a little bit because they were a fair distance away and there wasn't much of a risk of collision, they just had to slow down a little. Well. They (a few guys in the car) tailgated me up the road really aggressively making rude gestures out the window, and since I was on my way to Planned Parenthood I really didn't want things to escalate there, I went a little further up the road than I needed to, and they pulled up in the lane next to me and shouted something horrible before speeding off. So I felt super shakey and scared and also was late to my appointment.
And like I get it, I messed up and could have caused an accident if circumstances were different, but, fork. Pretty sure I didn't deserve any of that. Ugh.

Hugs. People who do that are forking dickwads. I mean, sure, you did something accidentally, but...seriously? They need to relax and learn respect.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:34 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Woke up feeling pretty bummed. I really miss BP. It's not like I even feel that heartbreak sad or pining for the relationship, I just miss... Talking to him. I just want to chat with him...

Also, I'm starting to get my old sleep patterns back from before I was with him. Go to bed late, wake up maybe 9ish and feel like I don't want to get out of bed. Lay around awake in bed for a while more. My body had held on the the awesome sleep schedule that I had grown accustomed to when I was with him, I loved it. Wake up at like 6:45-7:30, feel refreshed! And if nothing was going on I could fall asleep at like 10:30-11, but if I was hanging out with people and didn't get to bed until 12:30, that still felt fine when I'd wake up. Boo.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:34 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Hello stupid demanding psycho client. When communicating with me, in the future please avoid using the imperative. If you hadn't already paid me, i would spit in your eye.

["You WILL prepare a separate estimate". Oh I will, will I.]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485 ... 627  Next