| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486 ... 617  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7684
Location: Seattle
Yesterday I would have said the super-sized drive to Portland (holiday weekend traffic! Pouring rain!) But then I threw up at Bloosoming Lotus and couldn't eat my beautiful lasagna because I felt so yucky. That never happens to me! But today is a new day and I think I feel fine, anyway.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:25 am 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 3984
Location: Nottingham.
A recent weight gain has led to a self esteem wobble. It's come about partially as a result of not being able to train for a few weeks because of a back injury, but now it seems that every time I recover from a back injury another one happens. I trained yesterday and today pulled an intercostal muscle whilst standing up from the sofa.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:44 am 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9890
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
monkeytoes wrote:
Yesterday I would have said the super-sized drive to Portland (holiday weekend traffic! Pouring rain!) But then I threw up at Bloosoming Lotus and couldn't eat my beautiful lasagna because I felt so yucky. That never happens to me! But today is a new day and I think I feel fine, anyway.

You poor thing! I didn't know you actually had to throw up. I hope you are much better now!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:26 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2211
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
8ball wrote:
A recent weight gain has led to a self esteem wobble. It's come about partially as a result of not being able to train for a few weeks because of a back injury, but now it seems that every time I recover from a back injury another one happens. I trained yesterday and today pulled an intercostal muscle whilst standing up from the sofa.


You are strong and beautiful no matter what the scale tells you. <3

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6287
Location: Boston, MA
lillianp wrote:
8ball wrote:
A recent weight gain has led to a self esteem wobble. It's come about partially as a result of not being able to train for a few weeks because of a back injury, but now it seems that every time I recover from a back injury another one happens. I trained yesterday and today pulled an intercostal muscle whilst standing up from the sofa.


You are strong and beautiful no matter what the scale tells you. <3


True story. Did you go to the Dr? I'm just wondering about vitamin absorption and muscle cramp/pain issues. But dude, you are fierce.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
8ball wrote:
A recent weight gain has led to a self esteem wobble. It's come about partially as a result of not being able to train for a few weeks because of a back injury, but now it seems that every time I recover from a back injury another one happens. I trained yesterday and today pulled an intercostal muscle whilst standing up from the sofa.

Hey, as a person whose weight has fluctuated a whole lot due to a lot of factors, including getting really into exercise and then falling off again due to injuries or other reasons: you are lovely and strong and even if you have to spend some time nursing injuries, you will bounce back and you will regain your fitness. I'm sorry you're having a rough time with self-esteem and I hope you feel better in that regard soon.<3

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: the Eug
I had to disband the not-for-profit that I quit my job to start. (Well, I quit my job because of the insanity.) I deeply wanted this to work. And I am hopeful to start something.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:46 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18722
Location: Cliffbar NJ
I am so sorry kfad. That must be so rough right now. Big hugs <3

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 3241
Location: mt. pleasant
The only coffee shop next to my work is Starbucks. but i guess if that's the worst thing about my dad it could be worse. day not dad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
So there is drama and tension in my house now and I don't know what to do and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it.

Brother P came home sloppy drunk last night, which was brother C's birthday. We were sort of waiting on P to show up, and then his friend just shoved him in the door and left, so we got him on the couch and cleaned him up etc etc etc. C was really involved in that but the whole time we could tell he was pretty upset. Well. This all happened to the backdrop of C being kind of passive aggressive and tyrannical and self-important in his daily behavior, which takes a huge toll on P. Roommate/friend who lives here texted me a novel at 4 this morning about how she could "just tell that C was gearing up to hold this over P's head" the whole time he was helping get P cleaned up and things. She thinks it's going to make things really bad for a while and that C is the reason P is miserable all the time and directly the reason P got so drunk and didn't intend to come home last night and basically just blamed it all on C.

I admit that C's behavior has been shitty but I'm not willing to pin one person's mental state entirely on another. P has a lot of struggles that are not related to C in any way, and there are things other people do...I'm just really not willing to play the blame game. Plus, C has a legitimate right to be upset, I mean, his brother quit answering his phone, didn't show up to his birthday party and only even came home because his "friends" decided they didn't feel like dealing with him anymore. So it's down to me to try to talk to C about it, I guess.

Oh. And roommate is pissed at me now. So I'm really sad and I dunno, I don't even know if or how anyone could help, I just needed to get it out I guess.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6582
Location: Norristown, PA
Somebody (a friend of a friend, but a stranger to me) with whom I was having a reasonably civil disagreement about fatphobia suddenly switched from arguing facts and theories to making specific, personal, abusive remarks about my body based on my Facebook photos. I stopped participating in the conversation at that point because I do not have to forking justify my body to anyone but holy forking shiitake I feel disgusting now and would like to hide in a paper bag for about a week.

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:13 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11810
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
Sounds like they are the ones that need to go hide in a paper bag.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:33 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7121
Location: Portland, OR
The heartbreak ebb and flow is flowing. Eugh. And I have a job interview in 45 mins. All I wanna do is hug him.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:37 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Wet and Windy Wiltshire
Mars wrote:
The heartbreak ebb and flow is flowing. Eugh. And I have a job interview in 45 mins. All I wanna do is hug him.
Let us know how you think it went! It might be a bit late, but good luck!

_________________
dropscone - "Ack, I'm no help, I just like to imagine as many people as possible eating roast potatoes."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:13 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am
Posts: 1529
Ignorance depresses me. Someone I know posted a diatribe about how pregnant women who smoke deserve to have the shiitake beaten out of them*, and now I just want to hide in my apartment and hug the cats.

*which TOTALLY contributes to the health of unborn babies, amirite?

_________________
"One time I meant to send a potential employer a resume, but I accidentally sent them a bucket of puke!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:51 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 3984
Location: Nottingham.
ndpittman wrote:
Did you go to the Dr? I'm just wondering about vitamin absorption and muscle cramp/pain issues. But dude, you are fierce.


Thank you.
No I haven't yet, I'll be going in the next couple of days. It a bank holiday weekend here so getting a doctors appointment is a bit more difficult than usual. I'm supplementing extra vitamin D in case it could be a cause.

I'm sorry you were subject to that CQ. I can't understand how some folks feel entitled to make such comments on other people's bodies, especially total strangers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:37 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: pdx
Being at work. Stifling. Especially after the Vida weekend.

_________________
You know what would probably be a more effective ritual? Telling the person who you want to shut up, "You better not talk or we'll pound you." -Footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:23 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 3241
Location: mt. pleasant
My roommate is mad at me...
when i came home i texted him to not leave greasy paper towels in the yard and to coil the hose after he uses it and to break down the boxes when he goes dumpster diving so there's room in the recycle bin and he texted me to "chill the fork out"
and i think i need to tell him to not talk to me like that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7121
Location: Portland, OR
Honestly I think telling him that will just make home-life worse. Sounds to me like you two really just are never going to mesh. Someone who does all that careless stuff like that, yeah they just really don't care. And someone like you who does seem to care (like me, too)... well you're just always going to come off like a nag to that type. Sounds like a really shitty guy, might I suggest as speedily as you can change the fact that you live with this person?

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:54 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 1998
choirqueer wrote:
Somebody (a friend of a friend, but a stranger to me) with whom I was having a reasonably civil disagreement about fatphobia suddenly switched from arguing facts and theories to making specific, personal, abusive remarks about my body based on my Facebook photos. I stopped participating in the conversation at that point because I do not have to forking justify my body to anyone but holy forking shiitake I feel disgusting now and would like to hide in a paper bag for about a week.


Woah. Way to go, jerkface! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. <3

_________________
When it comes to, you know, modern technology, think of me somewhere in the Middle Ages, training my hedgehog friends to knit socks. ~Phoenix


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:13 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
I passed my practical exam for culinary school with flying colours - 9 out of 10 points. I was super proud about it all until I spoke to my dad on the phone who shared this gem with me: "If you got a 9/10 it couldn't have been that difficult."

Image

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: Berlin
the past times I have been thinking that Im not sure if I can be with someone who drinks alcohol (lots of mental shiitake, my father being alcoholic, bla bla, basically I have a phobia of it, hatred, digust, it makes me panic etc). My boyfriend says he "understands" that I feel this way. I feel like such an arsehole for it. And I know what it's going to amount to anyway. I feel just try to ignore all the shitty sleepless nights, all the really really bad thoughts, etc etc and try to live for the happy moments with him, I guess.

_________________
http://www.veganinberlin.com
"Money ain't got no owners, only spenders." - Omar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Aw Paloma, that forking sucks.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 3241
Location: mt. pleasant
Mars wrote:
Honestly I think telling him that will just make home-life worse. Sounds to me like you two really just are never going to mesh. Someone who does all that careless stuff like that, yeah they just really don't care. And someone like you who does seem to care (like me, too)... well you're just always going to come off like a nag to that type. Sounds like a really shitty guy, might I suggest as speedily as you can change the fact that you live with this person?

I'm the landlord, I'd have to kick him out...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Wet and Windy Wiltshire
I was meant to be going to my mother's today, which is a three or so hour drive. This is partly to look after my almost father-in-law, who has injured his leg and is basically housebound. So, I got about a third of the way, the traffic was appalling, and I realised that I didn't have any money or my card, so I have just driven back home. So that was about three hours of my life I'll never get back and about £10 worth of petrol. I've got to go back tomorrow and I really do not want to. If it wasn't for my boyfriend's father, I wouldn't be going.

I've got a week off work and I just want to spend it relaxing. Is that really so much to ask for?

_________________
dropscone - "Ack, I'm no help, I just like to imagine as many people as possible eating roast potatoes."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486 ... 617  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer