| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:57 am 
Dead by dawn

Yesterday I would have said the super-sized drive to Portland (holiday weekend traffic! Pouring rain!) But then I threw up at Bloosoming Lotus and couldn't eat my beautiful lasagna because I felt so yucky. That never happens to me! But today is a new day and I think I feel fine, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:25 am 
Impressive boner

A recent weight gain has led to a self esteem wobble. It's come about partially as a result of not being able to train for a few weeks because of a back injury, but now it seems that every time I recover from a back injury another one happens. I trained yesterday and today pulled an intercostal muscle whilst standing up from the sofa.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:44 am 
Chard Martyr

monkeytoes wrote:
Yesterday I would have said the super-sized drive to Portland (holiday weekend traffic! Pouring rain!) But then I threw up at Bloosoming Lotus and couldn't eat my beautiful lasagna because I felt so yucky. That never happens to me! But today is a new day and I think I feel fine, anyway.

You poor thing! I didn't know you actually had to throw up. I hope you are much better now!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:26 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

8ball wrote:
A recent weight gain has led to a self esteem wobble. It's come about partially as a result of not being able to train for a few weeks because of a back injury, but now it seems that every time I recover from a back injury another one happens. I trained yesterday and today pulled an intercostal muscle whilst standing up from the sofa.

You are strong and beautiful no matter what the scale tells you. <3

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:45 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lillianp wrote:
8ball wrote:

You are strong and beautiful no matter what the scale tells you. <3

True story. Did you go to the Dr? I'm just wondering about vitamin absorption and muscle cramp/pain issues. But dude, you are fierce.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

8ball wrote:

Hey, as a person whose weight has fluctuated a whole lot due to a lot of factors, including getting really into exercise and then falling off again due to injuries or other reasons: you are lovely and strong and even if you have to spend some time nursing injuries, you will bounce back and you will regain your fitness. I'm sorry you're having a rough time with self-esteem and I hope you feel better in that regard soon.<3

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I had to disband the not-for-profit that I quit my job to start. (Well, I quit my job because of the insanity.) I deeply wanted this to work. And I am hopeful to start something.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:46 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry kfad. That must be so rough right now. Big hugs <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The only coffee shop next to my work is Starbucks. but i guess if that's the worst thing about my dad it could be worse. day not dad

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 am 

So there is drama and tension in my house now and I don't know what to do and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it.

Brother P came home sloppy drunk last night, which was brother C's birthday. We were sort of waiting on P to show up, and then his friend just shoved him in the door and left, so we got him on the couch and cleaned him up etc etc etc. C was really involved in that but the whole time we could tell he was pretty upset. Well. This all happened to the backdrop of C being kind of passive aggressive and tyrannical and self-important in his daily behavior, which takes a huge toll on P. Roommate/friend who lives here texted me a novel at 4 this morning about how she could "just tell that C was gearing up to hold this over P's head" the whole time he was helping get P cleaned up and things. She thinks it's going to make things really bad for a while and that C is the reason P is miserable all the time and directly the reason P got so drunk and didn't intend to come home last night and basically just blamed it all on C.

I admit that C's behavior has been shitty but I'm not willing to pin one person's mental state entirely on another. P has a lot of struggles that are not related to C in any way, and there are things other people do...I'm just really not willing to play the blame game. Plus, C has a legitimate right to be upset, I mean, his brother quit answering his phone, didn't show up to his birthday party and only even came home because his "friends" decided they didn't feel like dealing with him anymore. So it's down to me to try to talk to C about it, I guess.

Oh. And roommate is pissed at me now. So I'm really sad and I dunno, I don't even know if or how anyone could help, I just needed to get it out I guess.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:19 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Somebody (a friend of a friend, but a stranger to me) with whom I was having a reasonably civil disagreement about fatphobia suddenly switched from arguing facts and theories to making specific, personal, abusive remarks about my body based on my Facebook photos. I stopped participating in the conversation at that point because I do not have to forking justify my body to anyone but holy forking shiitake I feel disgusting now and would like to hide in a paper bag for about a week.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:13 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Sounds like they are the ones that need to go hide in a paper bag.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:33 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

The heartbreak ebb and flow is flowing. Eugh. And I have a job interview in 45 mins. All I wanna do is hug him.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:37 pm 

Mars wrote:
The heartbreak ebb and flow is flowing. Eugh. And I have a job interview in 45 mins. All I wanna do is hug him.
Let us know how you think it went! It might be a bit late, but good luck!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:13 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Ignorance depresses me. Someone I know posted a diatribe about how pregnant women who smoke deserve to have the shiitake beaten out of them*, and now I just want to hide in my apartment and hug the cats.

*which TOTALLY contributes to the health of unborn babies, amirite?

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:51 pm 
Impressive boner

ndpittman wrote:
Did you go to the Dr? I'm just wondering about vitamin absorption and muscle cramp/pain issues. But dude, you are fierce.

Thank you.
No I haven't yet, I'll be going in the next couple of days. It a bank holiday weekend here so getting a doctors appointment is a bit more difficult than usual. I'm supplementing extra vitamin D in case it could be a cause.

I'm sorry you were subject to that CQ. I can't understand how some folks feel entitled to make such comments on other people's bodies, especially total strangers.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:37 pm 
Nailed to the V

Being at work. Stifling. Especially after the Vida weekend.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My roommate is mad at me...
when i came home i texted him to not leave greasy paper towels in the yard and to coil the hose after he uses it and to break down the boxes when he goes dumpster diving so there's room in the recycle bin and he texted me to "chill the fork out"
and i think i need to tell him to not talk to me like that?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Honestly I think telling him that will just make home-life worse. Sounds to me like you two really just are never going to mesh. Someone who does all that careless stuff like that, yeah they just really don't care. And someone like you who does seem to care (like me, too)... well you're just always going to come off like a nag to that type. Sounds like a really shitty guy, might I suggest as speedily as you can change the fact that you live with this person?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:54 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

choirqueer wrote:
Somebody (a friend of a friend, but a stranger to me) with whom I was having a reasonably civil disagreement about fatphobia suddenly switched from arguing facts and theories to making specific, personal, abusive remarks about my body based on my Facebook photos. I stopped participating in the conversation at that point because I do not have to forking justify my body to anyone but holy forking shiitake I feel disgusting now and would like to hide in a paper bag for about a week.

Woah. Way to go, jerkface! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. <3

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:13 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I passed my practical exam for culinary school with flying colours - 9 out of 10 points. I was super proud about it all until I spoke to my dad on the phone who shared this gem with me: "If you got a 9/10 it couldn't have been that difficult."

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 am 
Bathes in Braggs

the past times I have been thinking that Im not sure if I can be with someone who drinks alcohol (lots of mental shiitake, my father being alcoholic, bla bla, basically I have a phobia of it, hatred, digust, it makes me panic etc). My boyfriend says he "understands" that I feel this way. I feel like such an arsehole for it. And I know what it's going to amount to anyway. I feel just try to ignore all the shitty sleepless nights, all the really really bad thoughts, etc etc and try to live for the happy moments with him, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 am 

Aw Paloma, that forking sucks.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Mars wrote:
Honestly I think telling him that will just make home-life worse. Sounds to me like you two really just are never going to mesh. Someone who does all that careless stuff like that, yeah they just really don't care. And someone like you who does seem to care (like me, too)... well you're just always going to come off like a nag to that type. Sounds like a really shitty guy, might I suggest as speedily as you can change the fact that you live with this person?

I'm the landlord, I'd have to kick him out...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 am 

I was meant to be going to my mother's today, which is a three or so hour drive. This is partly to look after my almost father-in-law, who has injured his leg and is basically housebound. So, I got about a third of the way, the traffic was appalling, and I realised that I didn't have any money or my card, so I have just driven back home. So that was about three hours of my life I'll never get back and about £10 worth of petrol. I've got to go back tomorrow and I really do not want to. If it wasn't for my boyfriend's father, I wouldn't be going.

I've got a week off work and I just want to spend it relaxing. Is that really so much to ask for?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486 ... 617  Next