| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Waking up in the middle of the night to pee, and stubbing your toe on a wall or door is horrible.

Waking up in the middle of the night to pee and stubbing YOUR ALREADY BROKEN TOE was almost unbearable. It hurt so bad I cried myself back to sleep. It looks terrible today and hurts as bad as it did when i first broke it (almost). I bet I set back healing another week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:02 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am feeling really low and negative about everything. I am never like this; I hate it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

This hangover. This is why we only drink a few times a year. bleurgh.

Last night was fun though. Yesterday was a horrible day, and I'm fed up with all the horrible days I've been having and just wanted to escape. It's a nice break to have a hangover as the only rotten thing going on in my head right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:58 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I found out that I might not actually here about Wilson's waiver petition for another month. I am completely flattened. I am going to hit the gym after work and try to get some of this frustration out, but seriously. I just want to see my husband.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Apparently I've been doing everything all wrong at work all year and there are complaints. I just can't deal with this. I am not good at politics and backbiting and I don't understand why something that is an enormous issue is brought up the last week of school when all I can do is say I'll do things differently in the future. I also don't understand who or why would complain about me.

And, apparently I get no recognition for our test scores,. Other teacher has had all sorts of congratulations and emails. I haven't had anything. Our scores were very similar and only subject above the average this year.

I don't have the coping skills.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:30 pm 
Semen Strong

What was the complaint LW? That sucks! But good for you and your test scores! I know you work really hard and its great that all your efforts paid off!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ndpittman wrote:
I found out that I might not actually here about Wilson's waiver petition for another month. I am completely flattened. I am going to hit the gym after work and try to get some of this frustration out, but seriously. I just want to see my husband.

UGH! This is so annoying! I've become all emotionally invested in you and Wilson, myself, and I want him up here already!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:04 pm 

Mars wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
I found out that I might not actually hear about Wilson's waiver petition for another month. I am completely flattened. I am going to hit the gym after work and try to get some of this frustration out, but seriously. I just want to see my husband.

UGH! This is so annoying! I've become all emotionally invested in you and Wilson, myself, and I want him up here already!!!!

Oh, Mars! That is so sweet! I appreciate it so much.

I did talk to him tonight, and he made me feel a bit better. It's still just ridiculous, but he's very calm and reassuring.

LW--big hugs to you, friend. I think you're an amazing teacher. I was just saying how I wish I'd had a teacher more like you that would have made science a bit more interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Efcliz wrote:
I am feeling really low and negative about everything. I am never like this; I hate it.

I'm sorry. I'm sending friendship vibes of support from afar.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

So tired. Grandma-care had dropped off to 80% and was suddenly up to 200% today. I couldn't sleep last night, which was awesome for helping my sister through a midnight crisis, but terrible for all the everything which went wrong and needed immediate attention today. Kaiser was on top of things and made lots of phone calls and even sent a surprise nurse to check in on gram, but shiitake still sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Also, my face is broken out like a 15 year olds. Ugh. Come on skin, I know you can do better than that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh, ndp, I saw that on facebook! I'm so sorry, the waiting... I can't imagine. I'm pretty sure the PPK is going to send up a collective cheer the minute you get your good news!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Um, my old KitchenAid mixer motor seems to have gotten kaput. How the heck do I get that looked at? It's from the late 80s/early 90s and my mom's old machine, so I'm sure even if a warranty did exist somewhere....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 am 
Chard Martyr

ameyfm wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

Me too! Group hug! You are one of the funniest and awesomest people I know, efcliz. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I just found out tonight that a client I used to make costumes for died from complications from her liver disease before she could get a new liver. She was only 27.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 am 
Level 7 Vegan

butterbobbin wrote:
I just found out tonight that a client I used to make costumes for died from complications from her liver disease before she could get a new liver. She was only 27.

Wow, this really sucks. I'm sorry.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:49 am 
Semen Strong

Spent 3 hours doing a Picaboo project for a coupon that expires at midnight Pacific and it just won't save. I am sad and tired.

Its not a big deal compared to what most of you are dealing with, but I am so tired I may be losing perspective.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

vijita wrote:
ameyfm wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

Me too! Group hug! You are one of the funniest and awesomest people I know, efcliz. <3

Aw thanks both. That's lifted me up already.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 am 

monkeytoes wrote:
Oh, ndp, I saw that on facebook! I'm so sorry, the waiting... I can't imagine. I'm pretty sure the PPK is going to send up a collective cheer the minute you get your good news!

And then did you see that my mom liked it?! She and I are going to have a talk about inappropriate Facebook liking.

Tofulish: that IS so frustrating though!! I hope you got it figured out before the deadline.

Butterbobbin: that is do painfully sad and unfair. I'm very sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 pm 
Nailed to the V

I came home to find a letter from British Gas announcing they are raising my monthly direct debit for gas from 23 to 39 quid ... madness I say ... it is based on their estimation of what we will use this coming winter ... we are not here part of the winter & when here seldom raise the thermostat higher than 18c. Middle of June & the account is 134 quid in credit ... they shall have to called!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 pm 
Impressive boner

I found out that the young man who killed his family in my hometown at the weekend had been discharged from a psychiatric unit the weekend before, despite having begged to be kept in for fear he could harm himself or someone else. He'd been admitted due to attempted suicide. Derrick Bird had also asked psychiatric help the day before he killed. The local psychiatric services really, really need re-evaluating.

It's so, so sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
Apparently I've been doing everything all wrong at work all year and there are complaints. I just can't deal with this. I am not good at politics and backbiting and I don't understand why something that is an enormous issue is brought up the last week of school when all I can do is say I'll do things differently in the future. I also don't understand who or why would complain about me.

And, apparently I get no recognition for our test scores,. Other teacher has had all sorts of congratulations and emails. I haven't had anything. Our scores were very similar and only subject above the average this year.

I don't have the coping skills.

That sucks and is a really shitty way of providing feedback. Surely if the complaints were legit, you'd be told when you could (potentially) do something about them. Something like that happened to me last week - I was told that there were complaints that I wasn't being helpful (because I guess my own work doesn't matter if someone else needs me to do something). But I wasn't told what I wasn't being helpful about, so I couldn't even defend myself or know how to improve.

Not being recognised for good work sucks too. I agree with NDP - if I'd had a teacher like you, I would've been a lot more interested in science.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:48 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I got passed over yet again for a promotion I had applied for at my work. So many times I've tried, and they tell me each time it was SO HARD to make the decision and PLEASE KEEP TRYING BECAUSE THEY ARE SO IMPRESSED WITH ME.

Yeah. See ya later NS. Soon as I can I'm out of there this time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

8ball wrote:
I found out that the young man who killed his family in my hometown at the weekend had been discharged from a psychiatric unit the weekend before, despite having begged to be kept in for fear he could harm himself or someone else. He'd been admitted due to attempted suicide. Derrick Bird had also asked psychiatric help the day before he killed. The local psychiatric services really, really need re-evaluating.

It's so, so sad.

This makes me want to cry.

The good news for today is my grandfather has his surgery for bowel cancer on Friday. The bad news is my dad might have cancer in his spine. I was at the hospital with him all morning as he went from one dr to another just to find out they're going to refer him to another hospital. Then I came home, failed at napping and went to work. All on five hours of sleep and getting up at 5:30 so I could get him to the hospital before 8:30 and his appointment didn't start until almost 10.

I also start a new job on Friday and am presently booked to work until the end of June. Too much all at once, I say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:34 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Realizing there is no way I'm going to do well enough on my ochem final to get the grade I need. Ugh, trying really hard not to feel like an idiot, but it is not going too well. It's so frustrating, I know the material, I just haven't seemed able to apply it very well this quarter. Hopefully if I need to retake it I can manage to get into the fall class, because otherwise I'll have to wait till next spring, and that quarter is already looking crazy as is.

Not having to repeat a class was the one goal for college I still had not failed, until now. Gah.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493 ... 617  Next