| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:09 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Feeling way overwhelmed and exceedingly oversensitive. Everything is a bit too much right now.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:49 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Ochem gets a lot of people! Don't feel badly about it.

You might also ask if you can just sit in on the class in the fall and have a grade change instead of retaking the entire class.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:50 am 
Discovered unobtainium

lepelaar wrote:
Feeling way overwhelmed and exceedingly oversensitive. Everything is a bit too much right now.

I know the feeling. I've had a stress migraine, been unable to eat, and have been throwing up since Tuesday.

I hope you feel better!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:54 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

lepelaar wrote:

Hugs, lady.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

lavawitch wrote:

You might also ask if you can just sit in on the class in the fall and have a grade change instead of retaking the entire class.

Thanks! :) One of my chem profs actually told me last year she had to retake the entire ochem series, and that she still got into the grad programs she wanted, so I know it's super common. And I actually feel pretty good about how the final went, now just to see if it's enough to make up for my last midterm...

And at my uni when you retake a class, both show up on your transcript and they average the two grades for how it effects your gpa, so I don't think they'd let me just sit in. But, depending on my grade in the class turns out, I'll definitely talk to my advisor about my options :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Simply_Love wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Thanks! :) One of my chem profs actually told me last year she had to retake the entire ochem series, and that she still got into the grad programs she wanted, so I know it's super common. And I actually feel pretty good about how the final went, now just to see if it's enough to make up for my last midterm...

And at my uni when you retake a class, both show up on your transcript and they average the two grades for how it effects your gpa, so I don't think they'd let me just sit in. But, depending on my grade in the class turns out, I'll definitely talk to my advisor about my options :)

That would probably be a prof discretion matter. My analytical chem prof did that for me and it was amazing. I had a rough time my first semester and was so tired all the time and missed a lot of class. I kind of went I to survival mode and wrote the class off to focus on the rest, but I talked to the prof and he was a total sweetheart. I got an A the next semester. He was really nice and helpful to the students he knew tried. This wasn't any official university policy, but most have leeway for Incompletes and grade changes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:17 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

God, I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from being so stupid. Last semester I dropped a class I thought I didn't need, and now I have to pay $1,200 to take it over the summer so I can graduate on time. This is going to wipe out almost all of my money. 1,200 freaking dollars!! I am so stressed out and full of regret.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:18 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

These guys (gals, mostly) were so beautiful and funny and playful and happy and it breaks my heart to know their future and I started crying and two jerks started laughing at me and it really pissed me off. And I can't imagine the terror and pain the babies feel when they're pulled from their moms and burned with a red hot brand (it's the law to brand your cattle).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:25 pm 

Thanks lavawitch and lutin. Lavawitch, I don't have it as bad as you do. I hope you feel better really soon! That sounds awful.

I'm trying to organize a move to a different country, which entails having to declutter a very cluttered home, which in and of itself is overwhelming, but I'm also just physically exhausted, partly from traveling back and forth to Belgium, partly from anemia. And I'm overwhelmed at the thought of having to call movers and make appointments to have them come and see what needs to be moved so I can get a price quote. It's just outside of my social comfort zone at the moment (which is pretty much a cave), but it needs to be done, sooner rather than later. Add to that all the bureaucratic stuff I've got waiting for me at the other end, plus having to start looking for a new job for the first time in 15 years, and I just want to hide under the covers. And then I berate myself for feeling like this about normal adult stuff that other people do every day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:37 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

njak wrote:
These guys (gals, mostly) were so beautiful and funny and playful and happy and it breaks my heart to know their future and I started crying and two jerks started laughing at me and it really pissed me off. And I can't imagine the terror and pain the babies feel when they're pulled from their moms and burned with a red hot brand (it's the law to brand your cattle).

Those cows are beautiful, those guys were dicks. And your compassion and kind heart are the best things I've read all day. I know your tears very well. * hugs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:42 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

jean wrote:
njak wrote:

Those cows are beautiful, those guys were dicks. And your compassion and kind heart are the best things I've read all day. I know your tears very well. * hugs.

Thank you! That was a very nice thing to say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:24 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The wind was super strong on my bike ride out from work. So strong that one gust blew my bike sideways and I had to rebalance which then made me swerve-- and ride right over a dead animal that was in the bike lane. I don't know what the poor thing was, other than dead. The whole thing really upset me.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

A guy at work got behind on a project/trip he was planning. Now because his wife has to travel during the time he would have been gone and childcare issues, it has become MY project! And since he blew off the planning, I'M behind. UGH. Why is my time worth less just because I don't have a kid?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

coldandsleepy wrote:
The wind was super strong on my bike ride out from work. So strong that one gust blew my bike sideways and I had to rebalance which then made me swerve-- and ride right over a dead animal that was in the bike lane. I don't know what the poor thing was, other than dead. The whole thing really upset me.

Oh GROSS. That sounds terrible!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Invictus wrote:
A guy at work got behind on a project/trip he was planning. Now because his wife has to travel during the time he would have been gone and childcare issues, it has become MY project! And since he blew off the planning, I'M behind. UGH. Why is my time worth less just because I don't have a kid?

That's so annoying! You have my sympathies! Sending you many positive thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:12 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Waking up to find my bike stolen out of my backyard.
It's my only form of transport around town, except walking, which SUCKS. 2.50 per ride on the bus adds up way the fork too fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

^scum. urgh.

I've been in bed for the last 8 or 9 hours. I had a bit of a cold hit me today, when coupled with my normal headache left me practically paralysed. it's shiitake because (besides the obvious pain): I'm at a conference, and my room is a hostel room. just want to be home to wallow :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

lepelaar wrote:
I'm trying to organize a move to a different country, which entails having to declutter a very cluttered home, which in and of itself is overwhelming, but I'm also just physically exhausted, partly from traveling back and forth to Belgium, partly from anemia. And I'm overwhelmed at the thought of having to call movers and make appointments to have them come and see what needs to be moved so I can get a price quote. It's just outside of my social comfort zone at the moment (which is pretty much a cave), but it needs to be done, sooner rather than later. Add to that all the bureaucratic stuff I've got waiting for me at the other end, plus having to start looking for a new job for the first time in 15 years, and I just want to hide under the covers. And then I berate myself for feeling like this about normal adult stuff that other people do every day.

Hugs!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

lepelaar wrote:
I'm trying to organize a move to a different country, which entails having to declutter a very cluttered home, which in and of itself is overwhelming, but I'm also just physically exhausted, partly from traveling back and forth to Belgium, partly from anemia. And I'm overwhelmed at the thought of having to call movers and make appointments to have them come and see what needs to be moved so I can get a price quote. It's just outside of my social comfort zone at the moment (which is pretty much a cave), but it needs to be done, sooner rather than later.

Been there, done that. I know what that's like.

My offer to help you still stands.

So when do you want me to be there?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:36 pm 

Aw, thanks fisticuffs and V_E. <3<3<3

My mom has been here today and on Wednesday to help me pack and organize and it's helped to clear some space in both my apartment and my head. Right now the things I most have to take care of are things only I can do (like sort through paperwork and call movers for offertes). I also need to put in my notice with my landlord! After I take care of that stuff, I'll have a look at what still needs to be done and I promise I'll let you know if I need some more hands.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

joshua wrote:
^scum. urgh.

I've been in bed for the last 8 or 9 hours. I had a bit of a cold hit me today, when coupled with my normal headache left me practically paralysed. it's shiitake because (besides the obvious pain): I'm at a conference, and my room is a hostel room. just want to be home to wallow :(

Feel better! I have been super sick for the past couple of weeks - something is going around. I hope you get home soon and get some miso soup!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:15 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I am academically forked. I think I may go have a cry and a nap and watch shiitake television.
My roommate already has our night covered- vegan pizza, movie, and that earth balance white cheddar popcorn.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:51 pm 
Married to the wolfman

forking Friday traffic. I left work 2 hours and 15 minutes ago. I've been on this particular bus for over an hour. It has not yet gone as far as it usually goes in the first 15 minutes of what is usually an hour total. I'm seriously not going to get home until after 7.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:15 pm 
Naked Under Apron

that's super frustrating, coldandsleepy. i'm sorry!

and that really sucks, missdelaney. your roommate sounds awesome though! shittake television totally helps to make things better. in fact, i watched a ton of crepe'ovision this evening and i'm feeling better already. it's a nice distraction, fo 'sho.

<3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

coldandsleepy wrote:
forking Friday traffic. I left work 2 hours and 15 minutes ago. I've been on this particular bus for over an hour. It has not yet gone as far as it usually goes in the first 15 minutes of what is usually an hour total. I'm seriously not going to get home until after 7.

I feel for you. I forming hate Friday commutes. Some days I don't bother trying to go home and find something to go do until 6 or 7. I don't have anything to go home to really though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494 ... 619  Next