| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

augh ashely that is suuuccchhhh bullshiitake to deal with! fingers crossed for new jobs!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:18 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Ashley, have you ever talked to a lawyer about filing a sexual harassment suit?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

No, and I haven't been very good at documenting specific incidents. Except for the PPK. But there's been plenty of reportable shiitake that I haven't reported.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:24 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I would talk to a lawyer if I were you. That's one way to take a stand against that kind of shiitake. I know it sucks and puts you in a shitty situation, and you shouldn't have to be the one to take enforcement of this kind of stuff into your own hands, but I think it might be worth doing. Also, start documenting stuff. You can probably at least recreate some notes and stuff based on your PPK posts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:44 pm 
Semen Strong

I agree with JoPa - document, document, document. Even if you never do anything with it, its good to have in case you need it. Even if its just dates, names and a sentence.

And I hope you can report your coworker to your boss. He wants you to stay, so you have a little leverage, and it is so very inappropriate for someone to think that you should be giving out pity sex to people you work with. Perhaps your boss could have a word, and if not, at least you've documented that you raised it to the right person.

I hope you find a good next job soon - your situation sounds so wearing.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm 
WRETCHED

Ashley, do you have an HR person to go to? Seriously, if he is saying that to you, how many other people is he saying the same thing?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:23 pm 
Semen Strong

I agree that she should be going to HR if she can, but I think she has posted that there isn't an HR person, she would have to go to her boss, unless I'm not remembering right...

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm realizing just how badly I hurt my back on Tuesday. I had to stand for about 17 minutes at graduation (I watched the clock last few minutes to take my mind off the agony). I've been intermittently hurting since then and have taken muscle relaxers since Tuesday night. My whole right leg/foot keeps going numb and my back aches and feels like a hot poker through my spine.

I'm going to start water aerobics as soon as I get paid. I hope my bathing suit from last year still fits and didn't shrink since last year! Or that I didn't expand--don't think I did.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Tofulish wrote:
I agree that she should be going to HR if she can, but I think she has posted that there isn't an HR person, she would have to go to her boss, unless I'm not remembering right...

This is correct. I'm essentially the HR liaison. We contract out our HR to another company officially, but they don't really do anything except provide new hire packets that get filed in my drawer. That's it.

My boss is useless and makes harassing comments to me too. So, I don't know. Maybe I will call the HR company and see what they recommend. I just hesitate because once it's on record, it's there forever, and I don't want to stir up a shitstorm and make my situation worse here than it already is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:26 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm not sure about the contract between your company and the HR company but it might be worth just a friendly discussion with the HR person. I know it is different but I've talked with HR people about situations in the generic before but you could ask them if they provide services for employees that are being harassed?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Bad bike spill on a busy road. Scrapes up my right side but thankfully nothing more than a goose egg on my knee. Definitely worse thing about my day and has potential to be worst thing of the weekend as I have a hike planned that this may interfere with. :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Just found out that a friend has colon cancer and they are pretty sure it has spread. fork cancer. fork it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kfad wrote:
Just found out that a friend has colon cancer and they are pretty sure it has spread. fork cancer. fork it.

Fork the hell out of it. I'm sorry kfad :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:59 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

My freaking sister ran away from home. She is going to need insulin soon and our parents are very upset.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:59 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I had a spill on my bike on Tuesday and feel mostly recovered except I'm pretty sure now I bruised one of my ribs. It feels okay if i don't shift in certain ways and if no one puts any weight at all on my torso and if I don't breathe too deeply. But any of those things and it's like aaaaaaaah the pain. I'm lucky that's the worst thing that happened to me but my body hurts and I'm tired.

kfad, big hugs re: your friend. Cancer is really just the forking worst.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:39 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Jigglypuff wrote:
My freaking sister ran away from home. She is going to need insulin soon and our parents are very upset.

Yikes. I hope she's okay!

c&s, I had a spectacular wreck a few years ago and majorly bruised my ribs and still feel it sometimes today. Which is my way of saying, if going to the doctor is an option it might be a good idea. Also, I used one of those rib belt things for the first week or so and it (plus T3) made all the difference. Hope you feel better soon!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 am 
Saggy Butt

Things are crazy around here right now, there's serious flooding all over Southern Alberta and it keeps spreading throughout Calgary. So many people have been evacuated, sections of the highway has washed away and there's no signs of it slowing yet, both shocked and scared right now since this all happened in less then a day! On a positive note, the city's response has been amazing.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am 
Married to the wolfman

j-dub wrote:
c&s, I had a spectacular wreck a few years ago and majorly bruised my ribs and still feel it sometimes today.

Yowww. That is a bummer.

I might go to urgent care on my lunch break if it's bugging me today. It hurt SO much last night. (But then, it feels okay today. But then, I'm not putting weight on that area or twisting around or anything).

Jigglypuff, I hope your sister is ok! How scary.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 am 
Chard Martyr

Bruised ribs are AWFUL. I bruised mine right before Vida Vegan and they hurt even worse now than they did that weekend in Portland. Medicate! MessyVeggie gave me some vegan codeine. Yay for international drug swapping!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:42 am 
Not NOT A Furry

To coldandsleepy and anyone with bruised ribs - I remember from when my partner broke a rib that you need to make sure you breathe deeply every so often (look it up online as I don't recall the details) as if you are breathing shallowly to avoid discomfort you could end up with fluid in the lungs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Whole Foods didn't have vegan graham crackers. What the fork, Whole Foods? Way to ruin my Midsummer bonfire.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

annabazoo wrote:
Whole Foods didn't have vegan graham crackers. What the fork, Whole Foods? Way to ruin my Midsummer bonfire.

Yeah, you need bottom shelf, cheapo, generic supermarket graham crackers. I think Keebler has one honey free variety, but it's hard to find. Go for store brand--those are almost always vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

So, update to my FB co-worker dramz: he came into the office yesterday and asked if we could talk. He kicked things off by asking if he'd ever been "anything but kind and generous" to me. I told him that that's not the issue and that I'm not even friends with my own mother on FB. I had it on the tip of my tongue to add "I don't have to justify anything I do in my personal life to you." But then he said something along the lines of "I just think you're so hip, I want to be your friend." I ended up just feeling so much pitydisgust that I kind of shrugged my shoulders and said "It's only Facebook, [Name]." So... I think he's accepted I won't be his FB friend. And I've accepted that he's a really sad person.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Haha he called you hip

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:51 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

maybe he thought facebook was a gateway to increased real-life interaction, and now he's watching his dreams come crashing down all around him. either way, it's making me feel squirmy and uncomfortable, so the blergh factor must have been off the charts for you. facebook. nothing but trouble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498 ... 619  Next