| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500 ... 647  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:37 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

ijustdiedinside wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
No. My public library has no funding for anything. It is very tiny and they cut hours, closed branches, and put a stop to any and all new purchases back in 2010.

ETA: I guess they didn't close, they just cut hours, but its only one main and two satellite branches anyway.

LW, let me know if you need help finding some of these articles. I still have access through my school. If you give me all the info I can probably find them for you.

Yes, I can try too. I have access to my university library, which can order books from pretty much anywhere. Plus the library gives students access to JSTOR, so i should be able to find journal articles. PM me if you want some help.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:41 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

lavawitch wrote:
annabazoo wrote:
Whole Foods didn't have vegan graham crackers. What the fork, Whole Foods? Way to ruin my Midsummer bonfire.

Yeah, you need bottom shelf, cheapo, generic supermarket graham crackers. I think Keebler has one honey free variety, but it's hard to find. Go for store brand--those are almost always vegan.

I will remember that next time. The good news is that i improvised with ice cream cones, which worked perfectly. You know how the two graham crackers squeeze together when you bite into it, and all the gooey filling overflows, and by the end of the smore there's pretty much no filling left? Well, that doesn't happen with icecream cones. Use chocolate chips for perfect chocolate distribution.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Super minor worst today, but I'm a bit bummed by it. I wanted to ride rides at the small carnival we found and my guy wouldn't. He had a semi-valid reason: we had backpacks and he said they would get stolen, but I've left bags by the ride operator numerous times without issue and the carnival was tiny and not at all busy! Like 3-4 people on each ride, max. I absolutely love carnival rides and haven't had a chance to go on one in years. Even the ferris wheel would have satisfied me, and come to think of it, we probably could have taken our bags with us on that. Bummer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:37 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Panic attacks while driving are the BEST!

(Panic attacks while driving are actually the worst. :P)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

PLEASE be safe!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:28 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

choirqueer wrote:
Panic attacks while driving are the BEST!

(Panic attacks while driving are actually the worst. :P)

Yep. Sorry that happened to you or is happening. I hope you got through it and are doing better!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

toddx wrote:
On top of all of this I am reminded that my dog is no longer with us.

I'm really sorry to hear this, Todd! Noe was a really sweet girl, I'm glad I got to know her.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Today was just not great. I started off by using a hair removal product which, I realised after I used it, says you can't use antiperspirant within 24 hours of use. I pretty much failed at putting on makeup because I'm no longer in the habit, so I had to clean it all off and start again when I got back from my therapy appointment. Then I had to rush around trying to get ready for my job interview because I had to do my makeup again. I ended up not having enough time to do anything with my hair, so I just brushed it on the bus. My new shoes didn't fit, even though they fit at the shop, so they were flopping around. Then the bus ran into roadworks and traffic, so I ended up being 20-25 minutes late for my interview. During the interview, it felt like they were trying to persuade me to not want to take the job. When the interview was over, I had an hour to get home, eat lunch, and get to work. I barely managed to shovel a bowl of cereal into my face in time to get the bus to work and got in right on time. I kinda wish I had a do-over.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:18 pm 
Impressive boner

Feeling ill all day. Started developing a migraine but I think I took medicine in time to stop it. The medicine makes me feel hungover though, so I came home and went to bed for a couple of hours. I still feel funky.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:44 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

What's the opposite of a hoarder? Cause that's my mom. I think it started when she had to clear out her mother's things after her death in 1995. Since then she's just been frenetic about getting rid of "clutter." Her definition of "clutter" seems to be anything that is older than 5 years. Every other time she sees me she's giving me things from her house. A lot of them are things like my old school projects or artwork or something. Stuff moms should hold on to. Now that I'm moving next month, she's on me about going to her house and sorting through all her stuff so I can figure out what I am taking.

This is a woman with a full attic and a full basement and a house twice the size of mine. She keeps telling me she's doing me "a favor" by preventing me from having to sort through all this stuff after she dies. Isn't that my call to make? At this point I wouldn't mind going through a load of shiitake just so I can get her off my back and stop giving me anxiety about ALL THE STUFF THAT'S (not) TAKING OVER HER HOUSE AND HER LIFE.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My mom is the same way, Erika! It's like her life's mission is to empty her house. I can't leave without a pile of crepe in my car to take home (which half of it goes to goodwill bc I don't need anymore crepe). I don't get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

My parents just throw my stuff out! There's some stuff in the attic, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my childhood is rotting in a dump somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
This is a woman with a full attic and a full basement and a house twice the size of mine.

Clarifying that her attic and basement are 'finished' but far from full. I have an attic (that was converted into a bedroom and therefore has about 50 sq feet of storage space) and a crawlspace.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:30 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm glad my dad doesn't live anywhere near y'alls parents. He will literally take any thing you give him. I was laughing to myself this weekend by some different stuff people had set out to give away thinking, thank goodness my dad isn't here to see this!

My worst thing today is just being really uncomfortably itchy from mosquito bites. So not too big of a deal, but, itchy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:17 pm 
Dead by dawn

Got on the wrong bus home from work and sat in the accordion section in the middle where you can't really see out the window, then buried my nose in facebook and didn't realize where I was until I was a good mile and a half from the nearest bus stop that would get me anywhere near where I wanted to be. Not a tragedy, but I got home almost an hour late after another mile walk off the second bus. And I feel pretty dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:58 pm 
Semen Strong

Cat peas in my closet. Goodbye expensive suits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Stress and poor self-care is leading towards a cold. I hate feeling like this, I am so, so tired.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:24 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just don't even know, man.

Grandpa is still in the hospital post surgery with an infection. Cultures only got submitted last night because nursing standards at this hospital suck. Hate that he's still there and I'm working too much.

Dad has confirmed cancer in his spine. Docs say radiation alone will take care of it but now they ave also found a tumour in his chest cavity. Not confirmed what, exactly, it is yet. But with his long history of heavy smoking, lung cancer could be a real possibility. We also can't move forward on radiation without knowing for sure what is going on in his chest.

More waiting, more waiting, and things seem keep getting worse instead of better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, Moon, that's awful. Waiting is awful, but when it's over things will start moving forwards.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

choirqueer wrote:
My parents just throw my stuff out! There's some stuff in the attic, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my childhood is rotting in a dump somewhere.

When my mum threw me out she re-did my room and threw out or took almost all of my stuff to a charity shop within a week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Moon wrote:
I just don't even know, man.

Grandpa is still in the hospital post surgery with an infection. Cultures only got submitted last night because nursing standards at this hospital suck. Hate that he's still there and I'm working too much.

Dad has confirmed cancer in his spine. Docs say radiation alone will take care of it but now they ave also found a tumour in his chest cavity. Not confirmed what, exactly, it is yet. But with his long history of heavy smoking, lung cancer could be a real possibility. We also can't move forward on radiation without knowing for sure what is going on in his chest.

More waiting, more waiting, and things seem keep getting worse instead of better.

Moon

I am so sorry you are having all of these horrible things you cannot control in your life.

Grandparents, parents are not supposed to get ill ... not just yet, not while we still
want / need them about.

Anne in England with NO grandparents & no parents

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 am 
ugh

Pi. wrote:
Super minor worst today, but I'm a bit bummed by it. I wanted to ride rides at the small carnival we found and my guy wouldn't. He had a semi-valid reason: we had backpacks and he said they would get stolen, but I've left bags by the ride operator numerous times without issue and the carnival was tiny and not at all busy! Like 3-4 people on each ride, max. I absolutely love carnival rides and haven't had a chance to go on one in years. Even the ferris wheel would have satisfied me, and come to think of it, we probably could have taken our bags with us on that. Bummer.

Check out Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH. You can go in the evening 5pm or later for $25, and they're open till 10 most days. The drive from Boston is less than an hour. It's a smallish park with a good mix of classic rides (ferris wheel, carousel, haunted mine, mirror maze) and a few newer ones. The old wooden roller coaster is my favorite!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:26 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Today I was walking around 4:30 in the afternoon to the volunteer legal clinic I help at through a neighborhood that is not awesome (shootings and stuff are not uncommon) but that I haven't had issues with in the past, especially during broad daylight. I had just crossed the street and an SUV with open windows and men in front and back was pulling over by the corner I had just crossed to, so I thought they were turning, but they stopped as I walked past and were yelling things at me - the one that caught my ear was 'open wide, croissant'- and they du,ped what I think is water all over me. I still did my shift, since I didn't want to leave them hanging, but I'm really shaken up. I just feel icky and I don't know if I can keep volunteering. I don't know, it was just upsetting even though it was just water

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My back has been hurting so badly, constantly since I had to stand for 20 minutes at the graduation. Nothing I do is/has helped and I've gone through half of my 2 month supply of codeine in just the past week, so now I need to just suck it up in case something worse happens later.

The bad part is that I want to play around and do things with my new computer, but sitting up for even an hour or two makes me even worse off, and I can't use my tablet and Illustrator or type properly propped up with pillows.

I'm starting daily water aerobics next week after I get paid; I hope that helps a bit. I'm also going back to get another steroid shot, but that will probably take at least 3-4 weeks to get the appointment.

I'm now remembering why I've given up trying to do anything. I'm just tired and everything is too much effort. I baked cookies yesterday and even dumping crepe into a bowl for 10 minutes ended up hurting.

Next year when I have to work (and therefore drive 4hrs) every day, I'm going to have even less of a life than I do now--it will just be work and home to sleep over and over.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:53 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

b.vicious wrote:
Pi. wrote:

Check out Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH. You can go in the evening 5pm or later for $25, and they're open till 10 most days. The drive from Boston is less than an hour. It's a smallish park with a good mix of classic rides (ferris wheel, carousel, haunted mine, mirror maze) and a few newer ones. The old wooden roller coaster is my favorite!

Ooh, I'll have to check that out! I keep thinking about going to Six Flags, but I don't really want to give up a whole weekend day for it. A weeknight thing would be awesome. I could make it up there on my motorcycle!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500 ... 647  Next