| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501 ... 647  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:06 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Fizzgig wrote:
Today I was walking around 4:30 in the afternoon to the volunteer legal clinic I help at through a neighborhood that is not awesome (shootings and stuff are not uncommon) but that I haven't had issues with in the past, especially during broad daylight. I had just crossed the street and an SUV with open windows and men in front and back was pulling over by the corner I had just crossed to, so I thought they were turning, but they stopped as I walked past and were yelling things at me - the one that caught my ear was 'open wide, croissant'- and they du,ped what I think is water all over me. I still did my shift, since I didn't want to leave them hanging, but I'm really shaken up. I just feel icky and I don't know if I can keep volunteering. I don't know, it was just upsetting even though it was just water

Yikes. That's awful. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and you were very brave to continue on with your shift.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Receiving a text from my ex-bf that says, "Contrary to popular belief... This is hard on me too". Fork you & get the fork out of my life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

ScooterDiva wrote:
Receiving a text from my ex-bf that says, "Contrary to popular belief... This is hard on me too". Fork you & get the fork out of my life.

Hell yeah!

That is a bullshiitake text.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:31 am 
Inflexitarian

Feeling surrounded by passivity and inaction and non-reciprocity. Feeling, not for the first time, like depression is creeping back into my life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:42 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Drossie wrote:
Feeling surrounded by passivity and inaction and non-reciprocity. Feeling, not for the first time, like depression is creeping back into my life.

'creeping back' ... what measures where taken when it appeared before?

Has something triggered it or is it general life malaise?

Who is generating the non-reciprocity?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:48 am 
Inflexitarian

Oh, thanks teacup. I'm okay. That was a bit much for me to dump into my post. I expect this is just non-clinical bummed-outness. Apart from anything else, it is mid-winter here and it's been grey and rainy for most of the fortnight. The other stuff is just a rut, too. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

j-dub wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:

Hell yeah!

That is a bullshiitake text.

Jesus. What a bag of dicks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i found out someone i know who was really nice died last sunday. i do not know how. i just know she is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm sick so I have to call out of work. I hate calling in sick though. I feel so bad for the supervisor taking the call, because now taking care of the missing labour is on them. :( (I've been that supervisor, many many times!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:42 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bodhi wrote:
I'm sick so I have to call out of work. I hate calling in sick though. I feel so bad for the supervisor taking the call, because now taking care of the missing labour is on them. :( (I've been that supervisor, many many times!)

Derp. I accidentally used the term "sniffles". My manager knows I don't call out sick unless I really am, but now I feel sort of ridiculous. I really can't work - nonstop sniffles, coughing, running nose, sore throat - and I work in food service preparing drinks and selling directly to customers. Colds are not good. Blah!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:47 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I'm at work, or as I like to call it, a 2+ hour commute via public transportation away from home. I think I have food poisoning. Either that or my stomach is catching on to the fact that I've taken ibuprofen every day for a week. Either way, can't stop being terribly ill. Need to go home. Terrified I am not going to be able to get there without puking on the bus, which doesn't stop for an hour so it's not like i'll even be able to get off and puke. And what if someone sits next to me? And then I will have to spend the whole ride a) trying not to vomit and b) specifically trying not to vomit on the person next to me.

I don't know what the fork to do. I wish there was a room here I could just go curl up in until tomorrow, then I would not even go home.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:55 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Couldn't sleep because it's too bright and hot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:18 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I apparently don't qualify for financial aid next year. Dear University, please tell me more about all this money my family has because I haven't seen it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:46 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Fizzgig wrote:
Today I was walking around 4:30 in the afternoon to the volunteer legal clinic I help at through a neighborhood that is not awesome (shootings and stuff are not uncommon) but that I haven't had issues with in the past, especially during broad daylight. I had just crossed the street and an SUV with open windows and men in front and back was pulling over by the corner I had just crossed to, so I thought they were turning, but they stopped as I walked past and were yelling things at me - the one that caught my ear was 'open wide, croissant'- and they du,ped what I think is water all over me. I still did my shift, since I didn't want to leave them hanging, but I'm really shaken up. I just feel icky and I don't know if I can keep volunteering. I don't know, it was just upsetting even though it was just water

Woah, that is SUPER awful! I'm so sorry!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:03 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

We went to a movie this afternoon, and apparently at some point my debit card fell out of my wallet. By the time I noticed it was gone a few hours later, someone had cleaned out my checking account. I called and cancelled the card and filed fraud claims and everything, I should have a new card and the money returned to my account within 10 days, but that means that for a good chunk of time I have zero money. Nothing. I am beyond frustrated and pissed and I pretty much hate everyone and everything right now.

On top of that excitement, I've had a headache for 2 days straight that refuses to respond to any kind of normal painkillers. I'm at the point where I'm getting ready to take some of the dilaudid I have leftover from when I was in the hospital. Ugh, I quit today. I was in such a good mood this morning, now I'm just... angry and defeated.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

That's horrible amandabear. Some people are just mustards. At least you will get it back but the inconvenience and bad feeling in the meantime sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:49 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So this feels like a really not that bad thing, but I tried to do something nice and leave secret surprises at some people's doors today, only I screwed up and thought someone was back from vacation who wasn't so now I have to drive back and retrieve it from the other side of town, with a toddler. Wish I'd known before I had a couple drinks. Argh! And there's another house where I thought the person was leaving next week but now I'm not sure about that either. I'm feeling like kind of a failure and kind of tired, and this is supposed to be day 2 of pottytraining and against all recommendations I've forced my toddler to spend many of her waking hours in the car seat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:18 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

it's been a really weird day. on not much sleep, I did a decent ride today (130km or so). around 120km I got some messages and an email that (boring story even more boring), a girl that's been using the spare room was hospitalised by her ex, and he's made it clear there's more to come. and it seems like he'll stop at nothing. so (also boring story even more boring), I can't stay at my place for the next few days because he has a key (it was in her jacket) and I'm apparently in danger. I'm exhausted, pretty stressed (which doesn't really happen to me) and forking confused.

things will settle I assume, but he's unpredictable and very much wanted by the police. she deleted her email and Facebook (he probably has access to them) so there's no real way to be in contact with her for updates

I won't say much in the unlikely event he read this, but, everyone involved (incl cats) are away and safe. fingers crossed we all stay that way

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:21 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Joshua, that's awful. I hope everyone is able to stay safe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:28 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

UGH what the fizzle, HUMANS!? Oh man it's so mind-boggling that people like that exist, Josh. Wishing you and everyone luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:10 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

That's awful Joshua. Will you be able to change the locks before too long?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:41 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Ugh, that's terrible! Definitely change the locks asap.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:37 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

yeah I'll do it obviously, but honestly, changing locks won't stop someone on a mission. there are lots of windows (that will be open, because summer). I really won't feel any safer at all

siggggh. at least I've had some rest. I can figure out a battleplan today

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:43 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

joshua wrote:
yeah I'll do it obviously, but honestly, changing locks won't stop someone on a mission. there are lots of windows (that will be open, because summer). I really won't feel any safer at all

siggggh. at least I've had some rest. I can figure out a battleplan today

Holy crapola. I am thinking of you! Maybe you should just come visit me!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Jeez! Joshua! I hope you are all doing ok and they find that guy asap. If I could I would totally would send Lexi around to keep you all safe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501 ... 647  Next